Chapter 18: Didn't think we'd be here again.

Niall's P.O.V

Its been about 3 months since the engagement party and we are planning our wedding. We've been back in England for a little under three months and everything is going really well. 

We're in the month of October and Lexi is getting ready for starting school. I am currently at Harry's house hanging out with the boys. "Yeah the wedding is set for January." I said as the boys sat on the couch by me after popping a movie in. We started watching Forest Gump when I got a phone call. I quickly picked up and wasn't prepared for what I heard from the person on the other line.

Lexi's P.O.V.

It was a typical night. Niall had left me earlier to go to Harry's house. He asked if I wanted to come but I told him I had errands to run so he felt bad but I told him to go and have fun. I decided to go to the store in sweats and a big sweatshirt of Niall's with a pair of mocassins. I put my hair up in a messy bun and left my face make-up less. I grabbed my keys and my purse and left out the door. I got in my car and started to drive to the local market. After grabbing things I needed I rushed to my car and got in. I was really tired and it had been a long day. I was at a stop light waiting for the light to turn green. When it was my turn to go I started pushing my pressure on the gas pedal. I was crossing the intersection when a car crashed into my passengers side door. I swerved out of control and the car started rolling. I couldn't feel a bone in my body, It was a numbing feeling. Minutes had passed and my vision was blurry. There was a siren going off and I was soon being pulled out of the vehicle. I still couldnt see clearly. I was put on a stretcher and taken into an ambulance as I saw a paramedic with had hazel eyes. "Can you hear me?" he said urgently. "I need you to stay with me okay this is going to cause you discomfort but I have to do it." what is going on. 

"Call my f-f-fiance puh-please?" I could barely manage out of my mouth. I reached toward my pocket and pulled out my phone. I was shocked at how hard I was making an effort to hand him my phone. "Niall." I barely spoke out.

The other paramedic that was a lady grabbed my phone and dialed. 

The hazel eyed paramedic tried to calm me. "I need to get the glass out of your side or else it can puncture your organs." I started crying when he started pulling the piece of glass out of my side. I started screaming frantically feeling the burning, searing pain coming from my side and thats when I blacked out.

Niall's P.O.V.

All I heard was screaming and frantic cries coming from the other side. I stood up abruptly realizing whose voice it was. "Sir, Your fiance has been in a terrible car accident and is being transported to the hospital. We need you to come as soon as possible." My face immediately dropped. I felt really cold all of a sudden. 

"Okay I-I-I'll be right t-t-there." I hung up the phone and started freaking out. The boys immediately saw my change in mood and knew something was wrong.

Liam's P.O.V.

As soon as he picked up the phone his face dropped, turning a not usual pale. He looked really shocked and dumbfounded as he tried to keep it together. "Okay I-I-I'll be right t-t-there." He hung up starting to take in deep breaths as he panicked. 

"Mate, what's wrong?" I said watching him grab his jacket and keys. 

"Lexi was in a really bad car accident. I have to get to the hospital." he said really trying to process what had happened. 

"I'll drive you, you can't drive this upset." I said to him not waiting for a response before grabbing my stuff and heading towards the door. 

"We'll come too." Louis said as he gestured meaning all of the boys.

We all ran to the car and stayed quiet as Niall put his head in his hands and started to panic.

We got to the hospital and checked in at the front desk asking for the room number she was in. " She is currently in surgery, so you'll have to wait in the lobby." 

"Surgery?" Niall asked turning pale. 

"I'll have the doctor speak to you, I'm sorry sir." the lady that helped us at the front desk said.

We all took a seat in the lobby and it was already late so there was not a lot of people here. I just hoped everything turned out okay for Niall's sake.

Niall's P.O.V.

We waited for what seemed an hour before the doctor came down the hall to talk to us. "You must be the fiance?" he asked gesturing to me as the boys put their hands on my back trying to comfort me.

"Yeah Doc, what happened?" I asked bewildered. 

"911 got a call from a witness saying that while Alexandra was driving she was crossing through the intersection when a car ran right into her passenger door. She apparantely swerved and the car rolled. The paramedics got to her and she was a little unresponsive. She had her eyes open but she wasn't clear of her surroundings. The cops took the driver who had hit Alexandra into jail because he was intoxicated. She had glass in her side because the windshield shattered. If the paramedic hadn't pulled the glass out of her side she would've died from punctured organs including her heart. There are still pieces in her body so that is why we took her straight into surgery. You guys are really lucky, although she has major injuries she might recover." he said.

"Will she make it Doc?" I asked now crying because of the circumstances.

"We don't know for sure until she comes out of surgery and we find out what happened to her body." he said patting me on the back giving me a small smile.

"Thanks Doc." I said quietly not wanting to talk or look up at the boys.

We waited patiently for another hour or so until the doctor came walking down the hall.

Here is the point if we will know if she is going to be able to hold on. I was fearing the worst when he walked up slower than he should've.

Oh my god.