PokèDruids [PkmnWattys2016]

By HaterOfTheYear

A young boy named Pepe lived a regrettable life, mainly because, heck, he didn't have a Pokemon. He couldn't... More

Introduction
The Professor
No More
A Small Shrub
Assassination
Transformation
Out Of Body Experience
Quest
Fight of a Lifetime
Bell Tower
Winter Ghosts
Trials and Union
Summit and Repose
Celebration
Contest Spectacular Pt 1
Contest Spectacular, Pt 2
Humanity Stones
Fort Alpine
Things of Three
Goodbye
Xerxes and Dusk, Pt 1
Xerxes and Dusk, Pt 2
Eros and Sicily, Pt 1
Eros and Sicily, pt 2
Eros and Sicily, Pt 3
Eros and Sicily, pt 4
Hank and Cerci, pt 1
Hank and Cerci, pt 2
Hank and Cerci, pt 3
Backstabbed!
The Ashen Badge
Revelations
Siege on Fort Alpine
Journey to Utopia
Keep Your Friends Close...
... And Your Enemies Closer
Falling Skies
Home Again
Yay for Cerci!
The Rising Cult
3(2+)
Of All People!
Fine Dining
This Could Have Been It...
...But it Wasn't
A Pokemon Battle?
A Pokemon Battle. Two.
To Giratina!
False Idol
The Marquis
Island of the Mages
Friggin Bird...
What Now?
Business
Spread Your Wings
Skirmish
Battlefront
Cerberus
Tournament Pt 1
Tournament, Pt 2
Tournament: Final part i promis
Unova-re's eventually going to be puns (Kalos can't make puns :( )
Ka-los call (As in, close call)
Legends
Another Chapter Where They Go Home
She Found It
Te-Le-Port
Down to Hell
Plan B
The Chapter Things Started To Change
Deep, Meaningful Title
Do You Even Care What the Title Is?
Ambiguous Pun
A Single, Pessimistic Phrase
Needs Disambiguation
LOL, This Chapter
Cakepastryfrostingicing
ch79/notes storyline:scarylands notes end above Lol what else me?
I'm Hugry Food Plz
Ch 81
I don't know what comes after 81
HERO!
Eh
The Beginning of the End
Stuff
The End of the Beginning of the End
Oh Boy, A Fight!
Boss Fight
The End

Liliac Maelstrom Doughnut

13 3 0
By HaterOfTheYear

The aberration, a creature that shone with a divine light much akin to the legends', stood before everybody, interposing herself alongside Eros; However, the human ghost looked upon the Marowak with disdain rather than upon the Dusclops and Sandshrew behind her; And, with a voice that rung of wrath from forced that would be inconceivable to the mortal mind, spoke, "Leave him be."

Stunned by the sudden appearance of the figure, the legends interrogated the ghost without fear nor conviviality. "Hark! Who art thou?"

The aberration only seemed to distance itself upon hearing this question. "You're making a mistake. Leave, now."

The Marowak, finding the white phantasm to be a threat, stepped back to the edge of the room and tossed the Aegislash's shield as a chakram, relying on the ghostly properties of the weapon to make his mark; And, to assist this attack, the shield shone with a divine light that extended its form and increased the potential strength even further. Then, without any prior indication, the shield dropped to the ground as it touched the eidolon's body. Confused, the Aegislash called its shield back, staying in constant guard as it stared at the ghost.

The ghost spoke once more, but with even more displeasure in its tone. "Cease, now, or I will make you." The legends attempted one last attack, lunging with a divine force once more; And yet, the blade simply phased through the ghost, only barely nicking Eros across the face. Enraged by this, the ghost instantly brought its arm across the Marowak's face, knocking him far to the side and purging him completely of the divine might.

"Alas, it's gone... What have you done?!" But the ghost didn't respond. It simply turned to Eros.

Seeing the weeping creature near Dusk's chest, the ghost reverted to a rather sympathetic face and crouched near the Sandshrew, her presence ignored by the weeping creature. She allowed him to be alone for a few moments more before she whispered, "He's alive, you know."

Eros looked up at the ghost, grudgingly looking over his shoulder with a look of disdain; But, when he looked upon the aberration, his eyes widened, as to let him take in the entire form of the human in front of him. "Mommy..."

"Hey." Eros' mother, Mary, stood before him, staring at him with all the conceivable love in the world. "I see you're having a rough day."

Eros couldn't speak for a few moments, shocked as to how his mother could manifest like this. "H-how..."

"Well, Equilibrium has to do it's job one way or another, right?"

Eros didn't bother to contemplate the answer, simply deciding to run into his mother's arms and embrace her. "Mommy..."

"Oh, this reminds me of when you were just a little baby..." The ghost tried its best to physically manifest a hug, focusing feverishly on not phasing through her son. "I don't have much longer. I love you, Pepe."

"I love you too." Then, after another half minute of embracing Mary, Eros let go and stepped back, noticing his mother appeared to be slightly confused. "Oh, I can explain this."

"Shut up." The two laughed. "I've been watching you from up there for quite a while. I'm... Proud. I just wish you didn't endanger yourself so often."

Eros nodded, finding solace in this encounter.

"Oh, and you don't say the right things. You should've said to that Flygon, 'I'm so sorry, it was all for you!' or something. You dun fucked up."

"Yeah..."

"But hey, if you came up to me five years ago and said my son'd be a Druid..."

"Oh, by the way, how's Xerxes?"

"Xerxes? The Sneasel? Uh... She went down."

"Oh." Eros looked at the ground. "Down...?"

"Don't worry, she's got connections. At least, I hope that helps." She motioned to Dusk, who was breathing ever so gently. "There's a million things I still want to say to you... I have to leave soon."

Eros smiled again, embracing his mother. "I missed you..."

She solaced him once more, petting him on the head a little. "Also, there's something important you need to know. Three things, in fact."

"?"

"First, you need to know something about the Marquis. He comes under the protection of another deity, who happens to be a much darker, evil version of our Arceus. Neither are from this world."

"W-wait, what?" Eros tried to look at her, but neither wanted to end the hug.

"Second... Sleep." Mary brought her hand over his head, instantly lulling him to sleep. Finding her work nearly done, she stood up, looking back at the rather confused Marowak, who was still recovering from the slap. Her expression no longer held the same love as before, but it didn't have the same hatred, either. "Your power was lent by the false Arceus, Marowak. You've been deceived."

"His mother... But he's a..." The Marowak and Aegislash were dumbfounded.

"I hope you're proud of yourself." Then, without a trace, she disappeared.

Much later...

Eros woke up inside the fort, unknowing as to how he arrived there. He looked about, finding everything to be as it normally was: He was in one of the normal dorms, the beds smelled like shit and it was morning outside; However, he did notice his Flygon, who tended to stalk him at night, was absent, and he knew for a fact that the Sneasel wouldn't be found, either... He didn't know how Dusk fared, ether, nor what happened to everybody else. In fact, all he could really recollect in the last moments was the distinct image of somebody familiar, although he couldn't remember who...

He departed from his beddings and started to pace towards the door, stopping only as he heard the exclamation, "You're awake!"

"Who?" Eros turned, finding that the Bidoof from before was under his cot. "Who... Oh, you're that Bidoof. Hi."

"Hey... So you really were a human. Pepe?" The Bidoof stepped out from under the bed, now looking up at his former owner.

"Yeah. Long story..." Eros thought about telling the story of how he got here, but thinking of those who've now departed... "What are you doing here, by the way?"

"I was part of the Populi, but now that there's nothing left... Well, I helped that Marowak guy carry you all here."

"Oh, that makes- wait, how does he know where this place is?"

"I don't know, but he was all rushed about it and all. I mean, when it was just me n'all, and I thought he'd 'a' come for me next, he gets all sweaty n'all, pleading to Arceus for forgiveness and begging me to help him carry you here n'all. An', when I sees you laying in that bed all tired and all, and I though, 'Hey, maybe somebody's a walk in and worry, and I can clear up that that ghost lady put you to sleep'. And so I did, but nobody's walk in. And I was lonely and got free food from one of the humans here."

"Okay then?" Eros looked down at the hopeful Bidoof. "Uh, feel free to stay however long you want. Nice to see you again, I guess."

Bidoof smiled. "Nice to meet you, too."

"Alright. ... Bidoofy. You have a name, right?"

"Yep! It's Bidoof!"

"Okay, Bidoofy." Eros walked out, now with the slightest desire to find out just how he got here. Maybe Manus would have some answers... From behind our very amicable main character, the pattering sounds of a gleeful Bidoofy echoed down the alleyways of the fort.

Walking about the corridors and finding a smaller number of his companions inhabiting the fort, he had to search for his friends without word-of-mouth being a source of hints this time around; None the less, finding Manus and the legendary duo fighting right outside the fort, Eros dropped down and started to get between the two, interrupting their clash. "What- what are you doing here, Kingslayer?!"

The Marowak tilted its head, appearing a bit surprised. "Nobody's called me that for a while. How did you learn that name?"

"Answer me first." Eros was definitely upset, but the Kingslayer hadn't responded in any sort of manner that could possibly offend Eros; Rather, his countenance revealed that he was rather sorry for what he had done. "And why aren't you talking all fancy?"

"In reverse order: First, it's very difficult to keep on talking with the dialect of old English. Against common belief, nobody talked that way. I just do it to seem more sophisticated. I actually have learned quite a few-"

"Next."

"Second, call me Chamberlain. I believe Kingslayer to be a very violent name, and the name encompasses my relationship with-"

"NEXT."

"Rather rude of you, but you are not to be blamed for that. I came here so you could return to your supposed 'home'. You were ill, after all."

"No! I mean- ugh..." Eros had to turn away and his his frustration, which he never had become an obstacle before. Then again, for all he knew, this Chamberlain duo nearly killed his party... He faced his companions once more, now no longer visible frustrated. "How did you find this place?"

"Oh, that's rather simple. I used divination. As a paladin of Arceus, I have access to a few- oh, do I waste my words. Human, know I am sincerely sorry for what I had done."

"I... Whatever. You can go home now." Eros, feeling rather moody today, was about to turn around and jump back into the fort when Manus spoke up.

"Aye, ye need to reconsider, mate. Whate'r you plan to do, this Chamberlain fella ain't nobody to turn away."

"I... I know. I'm just really stressed out, you know? Maybe I'd be happier without him here. You know, being untrustworthy and nearly killing us and all."

Chamberlain averted his gaze and replied, "I mean you no harm. Should you still be skeptical, know that the light of Arceus would cease to assist me should I stray from the path of good."

"What about when you attacked me?"

"... I can see your skepticism." Chamberlain thought to himself for a moment, continuing, "Is there anything that would prove you could trust me again? After all, I hadn't actually killed any of your companions."

"Oh, you haven't killed us? How sweet. Maybe I can send you an E-vite to my fucking quinceañera."

"Pardon me?"

"I... Look. I just had a really, really bad day. Maybe you should come back at another time." Eros walked back to the fort again, this time without interruption. Maybe he needed somebody else to talk to... He sped over to Dusk (after having to frustratingly and embarrassingly ask the Druids to push the door open for him) and found that he was busy praying to Giratina, something he generally did in private.

Walking up to his table at the baking-building, which I forgot to mention, Eros started with, "Hey, what's shakin'?"

"Shaking...?
Master, speak naught more.
I still mourn the loss of her.
My dearest, Xerxes..."

"Oh." Eros sat down next to him anyway, seeing if his presence could evoke some sort of response out of the ghost; And, as it turned out, Dusk hadn't the slightest care for his trainer at the moment. Even a surprising hug from behind didn't get him to do anything, so Eros chose to leave him be; That is, after he whispered to him, "Hey, if I'm ever gone, you run the place, okay?"

Dusk, although unresponsive before, uttered with a hint of frustration, "I understand."

A little while later...

Manus was accompanying Bidoofy and Chamberlain up to the dorm they supposed he would stay, all talking to one another and trying to explain the situation as best as they could. Although the entire discussion is not to be brought up, the final division of excerpts included Bidoofy starting, "I don't think that's a good idea."

Manus replied, "A'course not! It's blubbing sarcasm, ye twat!"

"No, not you! I meant Chamberlain."

Chamberlain didn't change his countenance as he replied, "And what's the problem with ale? From a majority of human cultures I've observed, ale more than brings humans together." Chamberlain was succeeding rather surprisingly at carrying a barrel of ale and two cups between his Marowak and Aegislash halves. "Ale is good."

"Times have changed. Humans don't drink ale anymore. Well, at least the children don't. I'm calling the age limit at about 30. Nobody younger can stand it, I think."

"Oh? And how old's the 'Eros' fellow?"

"I don't know! Maybe... Maybe somewhere like five."

Manus laughed for a few seconds and shouted back, "FIVE!? Haha-HA! Been drinking yer ale, Bidoof? Boy's clearly 13 by now. None the less, he's probably ne'r had a lick o'ale in his life. Don' look like it. Mostly just magical fresh drinkin' water."

Chamberlain paused where he was, deciding to steadily lower the barrel down beside one of the buildings that he was passing. "Well, then, I do suppose that it would be a matter of finishing it off myself. Oh, woe is me... Though, on the serious note, how should I go about forging our relationship?"

Manus replied, "That ain't gunna be easy, mate. Lad's lost his Flygon, an' now he's got one Pokemon left. Maybe any o'thr day, but not this one."

Chamberlain looked down at the ground, nearly defeated, while Bidoofy attempted to cheer the smaller group up with, "Oh, don't worry, y'all! I'm sure that as long as we's putting our whole hearts into it, he'll understand!" As he said this and everybody was starting to cheer up a bit, they saw Eros on one of the catwalks, transforming into a Pidgey and flying off into the distance. "Gosh darn it! Where you think he's going?"

Manus shook his head and said, "Ain't a clue, mate, but I don't know that he's comin' back."

Then, a three day flight later...

Hank swept the streets of Ashport, looking for an all-time beloved pizza shop that was famous for its 24-hour service, available all days save Monday. A long-time favorite of both him and his best friend, Hank now sat aside the restaurant, still dressed in the red witch-hunter outfit made especially for his play. It was only through his forgetfulness that he left the outfit on, being possibly the third occurrence of this simple mistake. He didn't worry about this now, though, since he was waiting for a particular someone to show up.

Although he had to wait for a few minutes, Hank eventually found himself accompanied by Eros, who sat rather uncomfortably alongside the shoddy bench that was built aside the building. Talking rather wearily and hastily, Eros muttered, "Please don't tell me that you're a witch-hunter."

"Geez, chill out. It's only for a part. And nice to see you, too." Hank gave a disapproving glare to Eros, remaining until he concluded that Eros was actually afraid of him. "Yeah... Just a part, bud."

"A part, huh...?"

"Yeah. It's actually a funny part that involves this weird trick. Here, watch." Hand stood up and released Pikachu, who looked around confused until Hank started rehearsing his lines. In a rather loud and evil voice, Hank acted out, "I say! This is a good day to be hunting those vile witch-mages, is it not, my faithful companion?"

Pikachu returned a confused glare.

Breaking character and whispering to Eros, Hank said, "Now it looks like he's evolving." Then, returning to character, "What? A white light washes over my Pokemon! This is the work of none other than the witches! Explain yourself, creature!"

Pikachu replied, "Blah blah I'm evolving, you twit."

Hank whispered, "Now he's done evolving." Then he continued, "But wait, this may be the natural consequence of using a thunder stone! I say, I have misjudged you." Then, whispering, "Now a light surrounds him and he turns back into a Pikachu." Continuing once more, he shouts out, "Sorcery! SORCERY! This is impossible! I must slay thee, product of witchcraft!" Hank pulled out a plastic crossbow from his belt and fired it at Pikachu; And, since it was a prop, it had (un)fortunately fired backwards and hit him in the head. "...Yeah. Not the best scrips. Got some good gags, though."

"I see." Eros waited for Hank to sit back down, which he did while recalling Surge. "Yeah, not to be mean or anything, but I kind of want to talk about something else right now."

"Oh, alright. What is it?"

Eros then took his time reciting his situation to Hank, detailing about how Xerxes died, Sicily ran away and now two strangers invited themselves to his fort, and all in the matter of a few days. Taken aback by this quite a bit, Hank couldn't help but think through the events a few times before he truly understood what was happening.

"So... Xerxes' gone..."

"Yeah. And, well, I dunno, Hank. I'm not sure I want to do this anymore."

"Do what? Be a Druid?"

"Do any of that stuff. I just want to call it quits, man. Maybe start over. Become a great trainer and all. At least, that's what Sicily thought was good..."

"Look, Pepe. I'm going to be frank. You shouldn't do that. That's just not who you are anymore. You're a freaking shapeshifter, and you want to do what everybody else does? Come on, just be a little more creative with it."

"You wouldn't mind me quitting?"

Neither of the two held anything other than a deathly serious stare. "No, I would mind a lot, and so would Cerci. She did quite a bit to get you here, and so did everybody else. That said, I ain't going to stop you. Nobody is. Just do what you want."

"Well, Hank, I don't know what I want."

"Can't help you there. 'Course, you got nothin' to lose, right?" Hank laughed a little. "What would you do if you could do anything in the world?"

"Maybe have Sicily back."

"Anything besides that."

"Have Xerxes back."

"Besides those two."

"Well... I don't know. I just don't know. Maybe have somebody back. But you and Cerci, too, you know?"

"I... I know. But it'll pay off in four and a half months. I'm, like, super proud of this, so yeah."

"Oh yeah..."

"And then one of us could tag along every so often. You just have to wait, bud. It won't be long."

"Yeah..."

"By the way, if you are just shitting me about the whole 'quit your life' thing..." Hank brought a newspaper from his side in front of Eros, folding it in such a way as to focus the reader on a particular article in the middle. "Read this. I politically disagree with this."

"I'm not here for your petty politics." Eros then looked over the paper, which went into brief about a new technological development that was developed by none other than the professor from way-back when, Mr. Pine himself. The production seemed like more of a concept than a product at the beginning, but as the article went on, it described a device that would, in essence, use one's soul and convert it into electrical energy or heat. The implications of this prototype "personal infinity energy" were looked down upon, especially when the device it was to be used for was militia armor. It hardly shrunk in the observations that those who expended too much energy ended up collapsing lifeless within seconds of exhausting their soul.

Hank commented, "Are you done? Yes? Then guess what? It's all over the news now, since people and Pokemon all agree it's pretty much the pinnacle of unethical decisions. Heck, every other scientist across the world condemns this. Even the lackeys in those gangs think it's a bad idea. Too bad all the funding is coming from the witch-hunters."

"Well, it makes sense. I mean, I went to witch-hunter HQ in Blackreach and nobody was interested in helping them. I guess this is just the response."

"Yeah. Well, that, and the fact that we don't really have anything to defend against the Pokemon and humans attacking."

"Attacking?"

"It's mostly just on the eastern sea border. Still, thousands have died and nobody's coming to help. When I personally think about it, there's not much else going for us. We just gotta tough this out one way or another. 'Course, I'd prefer if that technology happened to disappear. You know?"

"Oh, I get it. I wonder how somebody'd go about that, though."

"I don't know, man. I'm just and actor. This is your specialty."

"I see. Well, I have something to... Make lost." Eros stood up and nodded to Hank, continuing, "Well, what I do has a purpose. Just the though of doing this cheers me up."

"And hey, forget the others. You can break shit perfectly fine on your own."

"Thanks." Eros gave a genuine smile, since he somehow felt solace in having a significant purpose like this. "I... I'm glad I can still talk to you."

"Yeah. You know, we can always talk, bud."

"Yeah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 348 18
Please don't read this, I wrote it in middle school and it's really bad. I just don't want to delete it because some people might get mad at me ;-; M...
1.7K 95 16
"Two worlds apart, two different fabricated realities they lived in, both united by the love they had for eachother..." Basic Story Summary: Zero, a...
110 18 7
~UNEDITED~ ~ONE OF MY VERY FIRST BOOKS~ ~Draft 1~ Hope you enjoy~! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This story was inspired by my little fascination...
1K 57 12
Amourshipping story "Love?" I chuckle humourlessly. "You think I've never been in love? You think I've never felt what you are feeling right now?" I...