Those Perfect Flaws || ✓ || P...

By pialikesbands

#1 in Teen Fiction Blaze Ryder is everything Alaska feared. He is eyes and embraces and fallings stars, choc... More

Before You Read
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Appreciation Update.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Fun Facts + Playlist
Spotify Playlist
Alternate Ending?
Alternate Ending!

Chapter 20

7.8K 341 65
By pialikesbands

Date: 23rd March, 2016.

New cover! Yayayay! How do you like it?

"I'm pissed off. I'm pissed that amazing people are suicidal.

I'm pissed that kids get cancer. I'm pissed that poor people can't afford college.

I'm pissed that soulmates don't end up together. I'm pissed that no one cares about the earth.

I'm pissed that people lie. I'm pissed that people are fake as fuck.

I'm mad because this world is so fucked up and there's nothing I can do about it."

ALASKA'S POV

I threw myself on the light switch, illuminating the whole room and sunk down on my bed in complete exhaustion, the sweat soaking my night clothes.

When would I get rid of these nightmares? I have had enough.

I sighed and looked around. It was so bright and the room in a complete mess. Books on the table, clothes strewn on the floor, my Mac on my bed, everything was out of place.

I shook my head and peeled away the damp clothes from my body. I made my way towards the shower and as the hot water hit my back, I instantly calmed down and all my muscles relaxed.

Since it was so early and I had time to spare, I took an extra long shower. After I was done, I wrapped myself in a white, fluffy towel and entered my room. I got dressed into comfortable clothes and slid back into my bed which was still warm.

I took a deep breath and released it after 3 seconds. I picked up my phone from my nightstand and rolled over to my back. I checked my text messages, before doing anything else.

From: Liammm
Hey, hope you're doing better. Be safe. I love you.

I quickly replied telling him I was fine and I loved him too.

From: Blazee the Penguin
Hey beautiful, I left after you frkl asleep. Sleep well? Text me when you're up.

From: Blazee the Penguin
fell*

Blushing, I called him up instead of texting him and the ring kept ringing. Just as I was about to end the call, he picked up.

"Good morning!", I chirped in the phone and cringed just after because I sounded too excited for my own good.

"It's not good if I have to be up." Blaze grunted in his morning voice and my breath got caught in my throat for a second.

How could his voice so attractive when he was just up when mine sounded like a dying seal?

"Nov, did you fall asleep on me, again?" Blaze's voice broke my train of thoughts and I blinked several times.

Focus, Nov! Don't let any part of him distract you.

"Nah, I is here" I replied.

"Back to speaking like that, I see." He said.

"Back to saying things I could have never ever noticed, I see." I reply, rolling my eyes.

"I can feel you rolling your eyes at me."

"Wel, aren't you smart then?" I rolled my eyes again.

"Nah, it means I know you too well."

"You have known me for my entire life, of course you do." I shot back.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll come over around twelve." He declared.

"Mkay. Bye."

"Bye Nov, I love you." The line cut before I could even breathe.

I love you, his words echoed into my mind.

Calm down, Nov, he meant it as your friend.

Yes, that's it. He doesn't even like you that way.

I closed my eyes and snuggled further into my blanket. I sighed and unlocked my phone.

I was now going to switch between all the social applications known to mankind until Blaze showed up.

~•~•~•~•~•

The doorbell rang and I decided it was time for me to finally get out of the bed, where I was curled up since the morning and moved around.

I got off the bed and stretched my arms above my head. I could feel the cool wind against my slightly wet skin from where my shirt had risen up. I let out an inhuman noise and scampered downstairs, brushing my hair as I did.

Blaze had already made himself at home and had a paper bag sitting next to him.

"What's in the bag?" I questioned him.

He jumped a little as he didn't expect me there and rolled his eyes.

"Hi Blaze.

Hi Nov.

How is you day so far?

Mine is fine, how is yours?

Isn't this how people normally talk?" He said, taking a second gap between each questions (my replies were supposed to fit in there).

"Yeah well, I'm surprised you still think we are normal." I said, walking toward the paper bag and peeked in.

Cans. I turned the bag upside down and let all the cans fall on the couch. There were six cans of Redbull.

"Why six?" I asked him.

"Because why not?" He threw back.

"Oh well."

I carried them to my bedroom and threw them on my bed. I sat down Indian style with Blaze across me, mimicking my position.

He opened a can and passed it to me. Just as I was about to grab it, he snatched it away and took a sip of it. 

"Open your can yourself, you're not a baby." He said.

"You're so meeeean." I whined and opened up a can, taking a swing and we started talking about random things.

He was telling me why Sean was mad at him the other day.

Half a can into Redbull, I started giggling and listened to Blaze talk, wordlessly. After both Blaze and I finished a can, the lame jokes came in.

"Soooo what does a ghost wear when it rains outside?" I giggled.

"What?" Blaze chuckled.

"Booooots!" Blaze and I then fell into a fit of chuckles.

"Okay my turn. What did the traffic light say to the car?" He asked, trying to keep a straight face.

"What?" I enquired, curious to know the answer.

"Don't look, I'm changing." This time, we both laughed out louder.

It was like anything anyone said was funny and we couldn't stop laughing.

We were high on happiness.

"Mhm. I have one. Why did the skeleton go to the party alone?"

"Why?" Blaze asked, to appease me.

"Because he had nobody to go with!" I said and laughed.

"Why are we laughing on such lame jokes?" Blaze asked me, his laugh echoing on the walls.

"I don't know" I said, in between laughs.

I opened my second can and Blaze took his can in his hand, turning it around.

"It says not to consume more than two in day." He said, concerned.

"Who the fuck cares. You brought six. I'm going to have three." I said, taking the first sip of my second can.

"Oh well." Blaze said and opened his second can.

The fizzing of the can made mad laugh because the sound sounded so weird.

So we drowned out the second can and all we did was laugh.

"What kind of PC can sing?" Blaze asked.

"Oooh. I know this one! Its A dell." I laughed and Blaze pouted.

"You are supposed to ask 'what' even if you know the answer!"

"You're such a baby." I said.

"Okay, last one. What did the buffalo say to his son when he was leaving for school?"

"What?" I asked, even if I knew what it was.

"Bi-son." He said and we laughed.

Soon, we had drowned down all the three cans and were laughing on literally anything.

We talked about anything and everything and honestly, this was the happiest I had felt in a while. It was good to let loose and be carefree. Be myself without being judged, with my best friend.

There was a sound of an door opening and closing signalled that mum was home.

We had six cans of Redbull on my floor and I didn't want mom to question me so in a state of slight panic, I threw a pillow on them. Still, there were cans peeking out and we didn't have enough time so my wild eyes met Blaze's and I pushed him off the bed, making him fall on the pillow and the cans made a noise, making me cringe. As carefully as possible, Blaze rearranged the cans and sat on the pillow, in the middle of the room and just looked around, staring at the walls, trying to keep a straight face.

I tried hard not to laugh when I looked at him. He looked so cute and adorable.

My mum opened the bedroom door a second later and it was so difficult to keep a straight face.

"Hey mum." I said, in a slightly high pitched voice, sealing my lips immediately after.

"Hey Al." Just as she was about to say something, Blaze moved, making the cans rattle and I cringed. It sounded like layers of aluminium banging together, making a loud noise.

"Blaze, son, why are you sitting in the middle of the room on a pillow, doing nothing? And what was that noise?"

"Um, that's my new message tone." He lied.

I rolled my eyes and bet my mom didn't buy it but let it slide.

"Why are you home early?" I asked her, changing the topic.

"Oh, I forgot my phone Gotta go, catch you later. Bye Blaze." She said and we waited until she was out of the house and into the car.

"Seriously? Message tone? Come up with a better lie." I rolled my eyes and he got up.

"As if you could do better." He said, sassily.

We set the pillow aside and I pushed the cans under my bed. The sugar high wore out after a few minutes and I was left tired.

I went to the washroom, washed my face and sobered up and Blaze did the same.

He then drove us to a nearby cafe to get us some snacks. I was craving some muffins. Blaze stood in the line to order and I went to find ourselves a place to sit. I choose a table near a huge window.

I sat on the edge of the seat, staring out of the open window, staring at the dusty road shimmering in the noon day heat.

Blaze was back with hot chocolate and muffins but now, I was back to my new normal. Feeling sad, empty and tired.

We ate in silence, looking up and making eye contact frequently and smiled. I was tired and so was he.

He smiled a smile that shouted, 'we-just-had-the-best-time-ever-and-we-have-a-connection-that-nobody-can-have'.

He made me feel so special.

"Do you want to drive around or go home, take a nap?" He asked me.

"Drive around."

"Thought so." He smiled, showing off his dimple which drove me crazy.

So then that's what we did, drive around the town with nowhere to go, playing loud music and singing like fools, gaining crazy looks from whoever drove past. Not that we cared though.

After hours of just driving around, we pulled into the driveway of my house, I got out, Blaze following me.

"Hey mum, hey dad." I said and continued the lyrics of Broken Home in my head (Please get the reference) as I headed towards the kitchen to get something to drink. I could hear Blaze agreeing to stay for dinner and I smiled slightly.

Is it only me or are we getting closer?

Looks like absence does make the heart grow fonder.

The dinner went by smoothly as it always does, with mom and dad taking to Blaze about the normal stuff. I swear when my dad asked Blaze if he was dating someone, Blaze looked at me and I felt all giddy inside.

After the dinner was over,  Blaze followed me into my room and got into bed with me.

I pushed away his face, half asleep already, saying, "Go away."

"Not a chance, love." He said and pulled me closer to him.

I acted as if I didn't like it but we both knew I did. I fell asleep with slightly pink cheeks and a chaste smile on my face, wishing everything could be alright. Wishing for this moment to never end.

______________________________

I'm sorry this chapter sucks. Forgive me :( I'll edit out stuff later to make it better.

Oh and the Redbull thing, it really happens. My friends and I have it all the time. It's pretty fun. Going to a whole, another level of insanity.

Position: #1 in Teen Fiction

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143 5 7
Seven short stories. Q, is for? - Leah is dragged to a party, but she would rather have stayed at home talking to her incognito twitter friend. A P...
1K 127 26
In the midst of his teenage years, a 14-year-old high schooler found himself falling deeply in love for the very first time. However, there was a cat...
We✔ By Rhea

Teen Fiction

3.6K 493 48
Three best friends An amazing trip That's all it takes for life to be wonderful again. Except there's one question. ....... Three friends. Lily...
5.1K 129 49
[Warning: First Book, Poorly Written, Not Suggested for Reading Eyes...] This wasn't a dream, no, this… this was reality. And with reality, you can’t...