Red Eyes are Dangerous ~ A De...

By allegiaant

Mackenzie Low is the 19 year old cousin of Stiles Stilinski. And after 6 years away from Beacon Hills she's f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Season 2!)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Season 3a
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 ~ Season 3b
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 ~ Season 4
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
5 months later...
Epilogue

Chapter 19

1.4K 19 0
By allegiaant

We are currently in the animal clinic filling up a bath tub with ice, when I say we I mean me, Derek, Scott and Stiles while Deaton is currently taking to Isaac about what will happen. Once we're done Isaac walks up to the bath and puts his hand in it and then jerks it back.

"How slow does his heartbeat need to be?" I ask while looking to Deaton

"Very slow"

"And how slow is very slow?" Derek asks.

"Almost dead"

I nod and turn and take off my jacket. Isaac takes his shirt off and gets in the bath. I lean over him and Scott is to my right and Derek is to my left after Deaton tells us to push Isaac under I push his head and Derek and Scott get his shoulders. Isaac fights us but eventually stops and floats to the top.

"Now remember only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out"

Deaton starts talking to Isaac and bizarrely Isaac talks back. I don't listen to the conversation until I hear Derek shouting at Isaac and then I hear Isaac say,

"I've found a body... it's... it's Erica!"

Isaac jerks awake and gets out and wraps a towel around himself. I put my hoodie round him to give him extra warmth

"It's a Beacon hills national bank. That's where they're being held!"

We all look at him

"What?"

"You don't remember what you said straight before you came out do you?" Stiles looks to Isaac and he shakes his head

Before any of them can answer I say,

"You said that when they tossed you in a cupboard you found a body and you said that the body was Erica"

Derek starts pacing

"She's not dead she can't be."

He looks to me and shakes his head as Stiles speaks

"Isaac said that he saw a body and it was Erica. It doesn't leave much room for interpretation."

Derek looks to me and I nod,

"He's right."

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?" Derek asks,

"Maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle, the one who saved you." Scott says to Isaac.

"No, she wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was" Isaac replies.

"What if that's how Erica died? They pinned them against each other during the full moon and see which one survives. It's like Werewolf thunder dome." Stiles says.

"Then we get them out. Tonight." Derek says.

"Be smart about this Derek. You can't just go storming in there."

"If Isaac got in, so can we."

"But he didn't get in through a vault door, did he?"

"We need a plan." Scott says.

"How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?" Derek asks.

"I think somebody already did. 'Beacon Hill's First National Bank closes its doors three months after vault robbery.' Doesn't say how but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?" Derek asks.

"It's the internet Derek."

Derek raises his eyebrows, unimpressed.

"Okay. Minutes."

Derek gives me a ride home and Isaac falls asleep in the back. I can see the tension from Derek,

"Hey," I say placing my hand on his arm, "We'll get Boyd and the girl out."

"I know."

"And Stiles will find out how the robbers got in."

He nods

"I know."

He pulls up outside my house,

"Thanks for the ride."

I peck him on the lips and get out.

------------------------------------------

It's the full moon and Scott, Stiles, Peter and I are all at Derek's loft, planning. I'm standing with my back to the window, Derek's in front of me, Scott is stood on my right and Stiles is diagonally right from me. And Peter is sat on the stairs not being much help.

"Okay. See this? This is how they got in. It's a roof top air conditions vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault which is here." Stiles says pointing to different places on the blueprints.

"One of the robbers was lowered into the shaft. Now that space is so small, it took about 12 hours to drill into that wall. Which is stone by the way. Then, throughout the rest of the night, they shifted the cash up to the guys back on the roof. Through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom!"

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asks.

"Yes we can, but very barely. And then they also patched up the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond-"

"Forget the drill." Derek says.

"Sorry?" Stiles asks.

"If I go in first how much room do I have?" Stiles turns to Derek

"And what are you gonna do huh? Your gonna punch through the wall?" Stiles says.

Derek turns to Stiles and smirks.

"Yes Stiles. I'm gonna punch through the wall"

Stiles laughs,

"Okay big guy. Let's see that big ol' fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there, don't be scared. Big Bad Wolf, yeah look at that."

Derek shakes his head and holds up his fist. Stiles holds out his hand above Derek's fist

"Okay see this? It's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co-"

Then Derek punches Stiles' hand away and Stiles falls to the floor holding his hand in agony I laugh at his misfortune Stiles looks at me while I'm laughing at him and I put my hands up in surrender.

"I'll get through the wall. Who's following me down?"

He looks at Peter.

"Don't look at me. I'm not up to fighting speed yet and honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds yourself."

"So I'm supposed to just let them die?"

"One of them is already dead."

"We don't know that."

"Do I have to remind you what you're up against? A pack of Alphas. All of them: Killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach. Try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed."

"Can someone kill him again please?" Stiles asks.

I put my hand up, "I'll do it."

"Derek... seriously not worth the risk." Peter continues.

"What about you?" Derek asks

"Yeah if you want me to come-" Stiles starts,

"Not you!" Derek says.

"Scott." Stiles says.

"I don't know about Erica, but if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something." Scott turns to Peter. "We have to try."

"But." I say knowing there's more.

"Who's the other girl, the one locked in there with Boyd?"

I look at Derek and Scott and then walk to the door,

"Are you two coming or not?" I smirk then turn around and walk out.

----------------------------------

Scott, Derek and I are currently outside of the bank and are about to go in when Scott stops.

"What?"

"There's something not right. Risk and reward. We're not putting enough knowledge with the risk we don't know enough"

"We know that Boyd and that girl are going to die in there. It's okay if you won't follow me I don't blame you"

Derek jumps up onto some scaffolding with me following behind him. After we get to the wall Derek starts to punch through it. Derek punches the wall one last time and then jumps through the hole. I roll out and land on all fours. Then Scott jumps out.

"Boyd." Derek says into the shadows.

We hear a growl. Then Boyd emerges from the shadows.

"Boyd it's me. It's Derek."

"Stiles, now's not the best time." Scott says into his phone.

"We're here to get you out." I tell Boyd.

"Guys." Scott says to us.

We turn to look at him.

"We got a problem. A really big problem."

We hear another growl and a girl walks out of the shadows. I look at Derek and he looks at me.

"Cora?" Derek and I say together.

"Derek, Kenzie get out!"

I look to the ground to see a black line drawn around us I look to the vault door and see someone place the last of the Mountain Ash.

I look to Cora and Boyd and they run at us. Cora goes for Derek while Boyd goes for me and Scott. I jump and get a push from the wall and land on Boyd pushing him to the ground. I grow my claws and slash his back. He gets up unfazed by the pain and pushes me against a wall I growl and run to the opposite wall where Derek is stood.

"You know her?" Scott asks confused as anything.

"It's Cora" I say out of breath

"She's Cora my younger sister" Derek informs him.

"What the hell's she doing here?"

"Like I have a clue. I thought she was dead."

Boyd runs at us and we dart in different directions. I see Boyd push Scott to the ground I run to him and push Boyd off of Scott. Boyd grows his claws and pushes them through my stomach. I scream as he pushes them in further.

"No don't break the seal." I hear Derek shout to someone.

Boyd pushes his claws in even further than I thought they could go. I cough and feel blood come out my mouth. But then someone breaks the seal

"Boyd!" I know that voice. It's Allison.

Boyd pulls his claws out of my stomach making me fall to the ground. Boyd then runs out past Allison. Derek is beyond angry. He grabs Allison's arm.

"Don't touch her!" Scott shouts.

"What were you thinking?" Derek asks,

"I had to do something." Allison says,

I stand up using a lot of energy and walk to them. Seeing I'm injured Scott steadies me.

"She saved Kenzie's life. Boyd would've killed her." Scott defends,

"Yeah? And what do you think they're gonna do out there?" Derek asks Scott.

Then he turns to Allison,

"Do you have any idea what you just set free?"

"You wanna blame me? Well I'm not the one turning teenagers into killers." Allison says,

"No, that's just the rest of your family."

"I've made mistakes. Gerard is not my fault."

"No, what about your mother?" Derek looks at Scott, "Tell her Scott."

"What does he mean Scott?" Allison looks to Scott, "What does he mean?"

Derek comes over to me. I'm leaning against the wall trying to heal. My stomach is hurting like hell. Derek puts his hand on my wound. I see the black veins go up his arm and the pain from my stomach dulls.

---------------------------------

Scott, Derek and I are chasing the two rabid wolves.

"We should split up it might be quicker to find them" I state

They nod and I take off sprinting right Derek following me, Scott went left. Derek gets a call from Scott

"You lost them?" Derek asks into the phone,

"I kind of had to."

"That wasn't the plan." I say aloud.

"I know. Which is why we should stick together. Trust me. He's too strong, too fast and way too angry for one person to handle. We've gotta do this together."

"We're at the trail by the entrance of the preserve. Meet us here"

"Yeah, I just gotta drop something off."

We're chasing the two rabid wolves through the preserve. Derek stops when he finds a trail.

"Is it them?" Scott asks,

"We're not the only ones that decided to stick together."

"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?"

"I don't know."

"Derek... I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone they find."

"Everyone and anyone."

We called Isaac. He's currently wearing a scarf. Seriously. The dude is wearing a scarf when I'm wearing just a tank top. I hear a loud growl and follow it. I watch Cora throw Isaac into a tree. Scott and I jump over Isaac and attack Cora. She lands on the ground. We growl at her and she growls back. Derek appears and growls showing his Alpha eyes. Cora runs off, Isaac, Derek and I following her. Only thing is... We lose her. We stop at a tree and Scott gets a call from Stiles. Long conversation cut short: Lydia found a body.

"That doesn't make any sense." Derek states.

"The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there." I add.

"Guys they killed someone." Scott says,

"How are they moving so fast?" Derek asks aloud,

"Derek..."

"They can't be that fast on foot."

"They killed someone. Some totally innocent kid is dead and it's our fault."

Derek looks down and says

"It's my fault."

I put my hand on his shoulder, this isn't his fault.

"We need help." Scott states,

"We have Isaac now."

"I mean real help." Isaac gives Scott a look.

"They're too fast for us. For all of us. Too strong, too rabid."

"We'll catch them." Derek says,

"And then what do we do? Hold them down until the sun comes up."

"Maybe it would just be easier to kill them." Derek says.

"We're not killing anyone." I tell them.

"She's right. Killing them isn't the right thing to do."

"What if it's the only thing to do? We can't even catch them. What else do we do?"

"Find someone who knows what they're doing."

"Who?"

"Someone who knows how to hunt Werewolves."

-------------------------------------

We pull up outside the grocery store and Scott gets out to go and speak to Chris. That leaves Derek, Isaac and I in the car. We watch as Scott approaches Chris and Chris pulls a gun on him.

"Do you think this is going to work?" Isaac asks.

"Nope." Derek and I say together.

"Me neither... So your uh, your sister."

Derek and I turn around to look at Isaac.

"Sorry yeah, it's..." Isaac clears his throat,

"It's bad timing, I'm sorry."

Derek and I look away as he continues.

"I'll ask later, it's fine."

Derek turns around to look at Isaac again.

"Or never." Isaac says nodding,

Derek nods with him.

"I'm good with never."

Derek turns around and I try to hide a smirk.

--------------------------------

Scott was unsuccessful in getting Chris to help us. But he did get Chris to give him a ride to the pool. In seeing the paramedics and police Chris decided to help.

Chris throws a duffel bag down by the footprints.

"Tracking them by print?"

"Trying to." Scott says.

"You've been wasting your time. There's only one creature on earth that can visually track footprints... and that's man. If you're not trained like me, you have no idea that these prints are Boyd's and these..."

"Are Cora's." Isaac says.

"Nope, they're yours." Isaac looks down.

"You trampled Cora's as soon as you walked down here... Listen, I know the four of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges on the full moon. But that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora. They've both fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor where you four are barely hitting the speed limit."

"So what do we do?" Derek asks.

"Focus on your sense of smell. Actual wolves are known to track their prey up to a hundred miles a day by scent. A trained hunter can use scent to track them. If the wind is with them, wolves can trace a scent at a distance of two miles which means we can draw them to us or into a trap. The full moon does give us an advantage. They'll have higher heat signatures. Which means they're easier to spot with inferred."

He throws us all some night vision goggles.

"Thanks but, I've got my own." Derek says flashing his red eyes.

"Just remember, we're not hunting animals. Under those impulses are two intelligent human beings. Don't think they can rely on that human side. It's suppressed but it's there. Reminds them how to mask a scent, how to cover their tracks, how to survive."

We all walk up a hill that overlooks Beacon Hills.

"When's the last time you saw your sister?"

"Not in years. Thought she died in the fire."

"Feel like you have a lock on her scent?"

Derek shakes his head.

"Scott, how confident are you in your skills?"

"Honestly? Most of the time I'm trying not to think about what I can smell."

Chris looks very defeated.

"Alright. The problem is when they breach the woods and hit the residential area. Once they're past the high school they're right in the middle of Beacon Hills."

"They're not gonna kill everything they see are they?" Isaac asks,

"No. But there is an important difference to recognise. Wolves hunt for food at a certain point they get full. Boyd and Cora are hunting for the pleasure of the kill. For some primal predatory satisfaction that comes from the ripping of warm bodies to bloody shreds. And who knows when that needs to stay shaded."

"We can't kill them." Scott says.

"What if we can't catch them?" Derek asks.

"Then maybe we just need to contain them. There's no one at the school at night is there?"

"You wanna trap them inside?"

"If there's somewhere with a strong enough door. No windows or access to the outside."

"What about the boiler room? It's just one steel door." I wonder aloud.

"You sure the school's empty?"

"It has to be. There can't be anyone there this late, right?" Scott asks.

"These are ultrasonic emitters." Chris says as he puts it into the ground, "It's one of the tools we use to control Werewolves. Pushing them in the direction we want them to run."

He presses the button and I put my hands over my ears as he continues.

"Gives off a high pitch frequency that only they can hear."

"No kidding." Isaac says.

"Could you turn it off?" I ask.

He does then hands us each two.

"These are gonna drive them to the school?" Derek asks,

"And then it's up to you to get them to the basement." Chris replies.

"Does anyone wanna rethink the plan where we just... kill them?"

"It's going to work." Scott tells us.

Derek gives him a weary look.

"It's going to work." He reassures.

We all start running. I throw the stick and it goes off. I run more and then throw the stick at a tree. It goes off and then I run to the school to meet Derek. After I meet Derek, we stand at the end of the underpass, claws outgrown and teeth extracted. Boyd and Cora run towards the underpass, but stop when they see Derek and I. Instead they look up and jump onto the roof.

"They're going over the school."

"Come on." Derek says to me,

I follow him and we meet up with everyone else.

"The rear doors, someone has to get them open." Chris says.

Derek and I look at each other then take off. We come round the corner Derek slams Cora into a locker. Scott catches up with us and Cora and Boyd growl at us and we growl back.

"Come and get us."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Here you go Loves ❤️

~ Megan 💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 93 13
Cameron is the little brother of Stiles Stilinski. The brothers' lives change when their best friend gets turned into a werewolf and have to do every...
13.6K 434 31
Things take a turn for the bizarre when two boys' midnight trek into the woods ends with one of them being bit by a beast with glowing red eyes and f...
18.7K 592 13
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
31.2K 492 38
Isabelle Hale. Cousin to Derek Hale and Niece of Peter Hale. She's lived in Beacon Hills her whole life, even after most of her family died in the Ha...