Royal Blood

By Ads910

Alyssa, age 18, is a princess that is next in line for the throne of a tiny kingdom her family rules. Her fat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4

2.6K 42 1
By Ads910

ok so heres chapter 4!!! I know its been a really long time since I have posted a chapter and I'm sorry, but I have been just to busy to do any writing lately... you are just goin to have to expect that since school has started up again... I have made this chapter longer than the other ones so you should at least be happy about that. well I hope you like my story so far! I would love if you would tell me what you think of it.. I would also appreciate help me with thinking up names of characters I will be adding. Also I kinda need a cover for my story so if anyone makes good covers or knows of anyone that does please tell me!! well as usual please vote, fan, comment, and most of all enjoy! 

Chapter 4

I turned around, went down a flight of stairs and went out the door that led into the garden. I slowly made my way through the garden taking in every flower, bush and statue until I reached the bench Chase was sitting on. I stood there for a moment staring at his broad back, hesitant on joining him. I finally did and stared the beautiful view.

           “I used to come here all the time with my dad and sister. My sister and I would run around as my dad used to try and catch us. I used to be a major daddy’s little girl when I was younger….”I said trailing off.

I stared straight ahead looking at the garden enjoying the peace and quiet I rarely have. Then Chase said something that ruined it.

“Your dad is calling you” he said and I momentarily forget he was a vampire and was taken aback that he could actually here him until I remembered what he was. I let out a loud groan and dragged myself off the bench, clearly annoyed that he had ruined my first peace and quiet in a long time.

Chase got up and followed me as I walked through the doors that led back to the castle. I followed the sound of my dad’s slightly irritated voice until I found him standing on the stairs.

I wasn’t the tad bit surprised when he didn’t ask how I was feeling but cut right to the chase and said, “I just wanted for you to know that Jesse and Aaron are now my advisors and will be staying here at the castle. One of them will be in the room next to yours and the other across the hall from you.” And he abruptly stalked off.

This posed as a dilemma considering that Chase is in the room next to mine. Oh well there are plenty of other available rooms in the castle that he could stay at.

I waited until my dad had left until I said to Chase, “I’m going to my room”, tired of dealing with my father.

I could feel him staring at my back as I turned the corner heading towards my room.

I sighed as I laid down on my surprisingly comfortable bed. I would have to remember to tell Chase where his new room is before I go to bed tonight.

Bored I picked up the book I was currently reading that was sitting on the table next to my bed, opened it, and started reading where I left off. I happen to love reading, but I have been too busy to get more than five pages read without being interrupted. My book was about a handsome prince and a peasant girl who soon end up falling in love. Yes, to answer your question, I am a sucker for romance novels.

After about eight pages or so, my eyelids started to get heavy and I let myself fall into a peaceful sleep.

With a start I awoke, rubbing my eyes, and got up wondering what time it was, I stuck my head out the door and to my luck there was a maid coming out of the room across from mine.

“What time is it?” I asked in a very sleepy voice.

She was startled at my sudden appearance and jumped a little bit, but quickly composed herself.

“Twelve o’ clock princess” she answered disappearing down the hallway with her head slightly bowed.

I was surprised with her answer, wondering how in the world I had managed to sleep that long, until I remembered that I was suppose to meet Julia in the garden at one!! I hurriedly made my way to my closet to pick out a dress. I chose out a knee high orange summer dress and hastily put it on.

I dashed to the bathroom wondering what to do with my long waist length blonde hair that at the moment was hanging down in a tangled mess. I decided on nothing special, just a simple bun and started to brush it out. At first it didn’t want to corporate, making my brush get stuck in it. I finally managed to brush it out without pulling it out in frustration. I wrapped half of it into a bun, pinning it on the back of my head and let the other have cascade over my shoulders and down my back.

Next stop, I thought, to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. I started walking purposefully down the hallway and stairs until I reached my destination. I was surprised to see Chase already there, in my rush this morning I had totally forgotten about him. He was sitting down at the table eating a very yummy looking sandwich, but that was not what caught my eye, but instead a tall glass full of a red liquid sitting next to his plate. I immediately knew what it was and had to turn away before I got sick. I directed my attention the chef. She was a short stout old woman, standing at only five feet two inches who always wore a grimace on her face.

“What can I do for you Alyssa? She asked in her rough demanding voice.

“Um… Can you make me some eggs and toast please?” I asked politely.

“Having breakfast for lunch today are we now princess?” she retorted making me smile.

“I‘m pretty sure it’s called brunch” I informed her in the most innocent voice I could muster

Her only reply was an ever so slight smile that graced her lips before it turned back into her famous grimace as she got out the eggs and went to work on my breakfast.

I went to go sit by Chase as she did so as I waited patiently for it to be done. He glanced at me as I eased into the chair next to him, and like usual didn’t talk. I watched him as he ate, taking slow careful bites of his sandwich and every down and then taking a sip out of the glass of blood, making me shudder every time. Soon my breakfast/brunch was done. Margret put the plate of eggs and toast in front of me and I devoured it as quickly as I could ready to meet Julia in the gardens.

Julia is my art teacher and after teaching me for so long we have become good friends. She noticed my skills at drawing when I young and has help me perfect them ever since. I wonder what she is planning on me having to draw today…

“Thanks for the food!” I yelled to Margret as I got ready to leave. I started walking out of the kitchen as I heard Chase get up and follow me, side my side we headed to the garden.

Wondering where Julia was I decided to try and look for her at the bench Chase and I sat at last night. Sure enough there she was, sitting on the bench with two sketchbooks in hand and a stool in front of her.

She smiled as I approached and said, “Good you brought Chase!! Today you are going to practice on drawing people and he will be a perfect model!!” she told me excitedly as I sat down next to her.

I motioned to Chase and pointed to the stool in front of us, understanding what I meant he sat down.

Julia handed me a pencil and my sketchbook and I got to work. Deep in concentration I started on the outline of his face. As we drew Julia pointed out my mistakes and we chatted about random stuff, catching up from the last time we saw each other.

After what seemed a million erase marks later I had finally finished. For drawing a person for the first time, I have to admit I did a pretty good job. I showed my drawing to Chase and watched as his face changed from boredom to surprise in a matter of seconds at how well I drew him, but he still didn’t say anything.

Next I showed it to Julia.

“You did great!!” she exclaimed, “way better than my first time… Do you want to try somebody else?” she asked.

I nodded eagerly ready to try again.

I turned my attention back to Chase and said, “You can stay here and watch me draw, though that would be pretty boring in my opinion or you can go back into the castle and do whatever you want.” He chose my second suggestion and walked off.

“Who am I going to draw next?” I inquired.

“How about me?” Julia answered.

I nodded my okay and started drawing the outline of her head. Then I added her full smiling lips, squinted eyes, small nose, thin brown eyebrows and big ears that make her resemble a monkey when she puffs out her cheeks, and her curly brown locks of hair. After I finished adding the details I let her see it.

“You did amazing!” she exclaimed, then added at the end, “I taught you so well…” shaking her head. At this we both laughed.

“Well it’s getting late,” she said, “I better get going.”

She got up and I yelled a quick bye as she left saddened at her sudden departure. I sat out there for a couple more minutes before I decided to go back inside.

As I went back into the castle I heard somebody viciously yell, “Hit him again!!” and the crack of a whip. I ran straight to the noise and what I saw made my blood run cold.

There were two guards holding Chase’s hands up against the wall as another stood by my father holding a whip. Chase’s shirt had been flung to the floor and Chase was covered in blood oozing from the deep red gnashes on his back. He wasn’t fighting back because he knows they would just do worse things to him if he did.

As a guard raised the whip again I yelled, “Stop! Stop right now!” The guards hesitated for only a moment until bringing the whip back down on his back again, not wanting to disobey his king’s orders.

I watched as Chase flinched when it hit, holding back a gasp of pain and at that moment I knew what I needed to do. I ran to Chase and stood in front of him, ready to block the whip from hitting him again.

“Stop! Let him go!” I yelled at my father seething in fury.

The guards glanced at my father and he nodded, while glaring at me, signaling for them to let him go.

As soon as they did, Chase dropped to the ground to weak to hold himself up. At this my father laughed leaving with his guards, but not before one of them gave Chase a swift kick in his stomach and this time he let out a small gasp.

I instantly took Chase’s arm and wrapped it around my neck ready to help him make it to my room. I couldn’t bring him to the healer we have here at the castle, because she would just laugh in my face if I asked her to help a vampire, so the next best option was my room, and try to fix him up myself.

He leaned heavily on me as we slowly made it to my room, with a trail of blood following behind us.

As we entered I laid him on the floor and raced to my dresser where I kept some bandages ever since my dad cut my leg with a knife when he was really mad one day.

I got the bandages and quickly returned to Chase’s side and began the task of wrapping up his bleeding back. Once I finished I helped him onto my bed and he laid down with a loud groan.

“Do you need any blood?!” I asked urgently.

“No not right now,” he answered slowly and looked up at me surprising me with saying, “Why did you make them stop? Why did you go against your father, willing to get hurt because of me?”

“Because” I answered slowly, “I don’t think it’s right to punish slaves like that. In a matter of fact I don’t think it is right to even own a slave let alone beat them like that. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go talk to my dad.” And with that said I marched out of the room heading straight for my father’s study.

I threw open the door and walked straight in. He lifted his head and smiled at me as I stood in front of his desk, hands on my hip, bristling with fury.

Amused at how mad I was he said, “How may I help you Alyssa?”

“You know why I am here! Why did you do it?!” I all but yelled at him.

“My guards caught him in front of my study door listening to the conversation I was having with my advisors, and I found it fit to punish him for that.” He answered nonchalantly.

“I could have taken care of that! He is my slave, my property, and you have no right to punish him! Next time tell me and I will make sure it is taken care of.” I told him and stalked out if the room, heading for mine. Of course there is no way I would punish Chase, especially for something like that. I just had to get my father to think I would so he wouldn’t hurt him again.

I decided to stop by the kitchen before I went to my room to grab some much needed blood for Chase.

Margret turned around and faced me as I came in. I could tell she sensed something was wrong, but didn’t say anything. My guess is the maids already told her what had happened.

“I need some blood for Chase.” I said.

She nodded slowly and went to the fridge and pulled out a package of blood, which she poured into a glass and a slice of chocolate cake on a plate leftover from my dad’s lunch. I took both and gave her an appreciative smile as I walked out.

Chocolate always makes me feel better and lucky for me Margret always has some on hand. You could say I’m slightly addicted to it….

When I got to my room, Chase was still right where I left him, laying on his stomach, staring at the wall.

“Here is some blood.” I told him as I sat the glass in the nightstand next to him and sat down on a chair in the corner of my room so I could enjoy my cake.

Margret makes the perfect cake, it’s all moist and fluffy with the best creamy chocolate icing you have ever tasted to go with it. It makes my mouth water at the sight of it and I quickly devoured it in a matter of seconds, leaving me yearning for more.

I looked up from my plate just in time to see Chase downing his glass of blood. No matter how many time I see him drink it I will never get used to it…

I got up and walked into my closet, closing the door behind me. I pulled of my clothes and put on my silk nightgown, ready to go to bed.

I walked back out of the closet to go tell Chase to sleep somewhere else when I noticed he was sound asleep, that or he may  be unconscious….

I reached out my arm and poked him in the arm. I watched for any signs of him waking up, but all I saw was his slow deep breathing. I stood there for I moment wondering what to do. After arguing with myself I decided that he looked peaceful as he slept and I didn’t want to disturb him. I was also too tired to do anything about him sleeping in my bed.

I walked over to the other side and snuggled under the covers, immediately surrounded in a warm cocoon of blankets, determined to stay on my side of the bed. Hopefully nobody would come into my room tomorrow morning before I woke up. They would tell my dad and I would get in so much trouble. Those were the last thoughts that passed through my mind as I drifted into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 418 22
Jamie is stressing out about her parents divorce,her grades, and not to mention the emotional and physical bullying at school. After her mother goes...
11.3K 181 27
Amira lives in a land where slavery is an important part of society. She hates everything about slaves but on her 16th birthday when she meets her n...
Escape Plan By S_R

Teen Fiction

579 1 15
Alyssa is a 16 year old girl who constantly travels from foster home to foster home. After being forced to leave the one place she actually loved she...
1.7K 195 30
Eleanor is 18 years old and is the crown princess and her parents chose the prince of England called Alexander the second but the day they were gonn...