.:. Quotes of the Day .:.

By ScatteredStardust__

☆ "α ρнιℓσѕσρнєя ση¢є αѕкє∂, "αяє ωє нυмαη вє¢αυѕє ωє gαzє αт тнє ѕтαяѕ, σя ∂σ ωє gαzє αт тнєм вє¢αυѕє ωє αяє... More

.:. Quotes of the Day .:.
.:. June 2, 2013 .:.
.:. June 3, 2013 .:.
.:. June 4, 2013 .:.
.:. June 5, 2013 .:.
.:. June 6, 2013 .:.
.:. June 7, 2013 .:.
.:. June 8, 2013 .:.
.:. June 9, 2013 .:.
.:. June 10, 2013 .:.
.:. June 11, 2013 .:.
.:. June 12, 2013 .:.
.:. June 13, 2013 .:.
.:. June 14, 2013.:.
.:. June 15, 2013 .:.
.:. June 16, 2013 .:.
.:. June 17, 2013 .:.
.:. June 18, 2013 .:.
.:. June 19, 2013 .:.
.:. June 20, 2013 .:.
.:. June 21, 2013 .:.
.:. June 22, 2013 .:.
.:. July 1, 2013 .:.
.:. July 3, 2013 .:.
.:. July 6, 2013 .:.
.:. July 7, 2013 .:.
.:. July 18, 2013 .:.
.:. July 22, 2013 .:.
.:. July 24, 2013 .:.
.:. July 27, 2013 .:.
.:. July 31, 2013 .:.
.:. August 5, 2013 .:.
.:. August 12, 2013 .:.
.:. August 19, 2013 .:.
.:. October 8, 2013 .:.
.:. January 6, 2014 .:.
.:. February 2, 2014 .:.
.:. February 4, 2014 .:.

.:. August 10, 2013 .:.

175 9 0
By ScatteredStardust__

A/N : towards the end, you'll see an Russian author and a few of his quotes.. The reason he came up, was because my drawing teacher and I were planning a lesson, and the very last quote was part of the lesson.. xDD Anyways, as always.. Enjoy C:

*^*^*^^*^^*^**^^*^*^*^**^**^**^*^*^*^*^^*^^*^**^*^*^**^*^

"And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good."

- John Steinbeck

~

"Man can live about forty days without food,

about three days without water,

about eight minutes without air,

but only for one second without hope"

- Rot and Ruin

~

"If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness, and, therefore, your excellence."

- Unknown

~

"Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable."

- George Bernard Shaw

~

"Have a beautiful day, life is an echo, it all comes back the good, the bad, the false the true so give the world the best you have and the best will come to you."

- Unknown

~

" The world is a story we tell ourselves about the world."

- Vikram Chandra"

~

"Good, better, best... Never let it rest, til my good is better and my better is my best!"

- Unknown

~

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. "

- Ellen Degeneres

~

"Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity."

- Thor Heyerdahl

~

"She put one hand on mine. "When someone is in your heart, they're never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times."

- Mitch Albom (For One More Day)

~

"If you want to hide a tree use a forest."

- tumblr

~

"...Always have the strength to live. Love life, and if despair enters your heart, look for me in the evenings when the wind is gentle and the owls sing in the hills. I shall be with you..."

- Ultima (Rudolfo Anaya)

~

"Life is something you cannot avoid. If anyone can avoid his own life, then he must be a great person."

- Ai

~

"Life can be divided into three situations: enjoyment, apathy, and misery. These situations appear in everyone's life alternately."

- Ai

~

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."

- Plato

~

" ... time waits for nobody."

~

"A world that can be explained by reasoning, however faulty, is a familiar world. But in a universe that is suddenly deprived of illusions and of light, man feels a stranger. His is an irremediable exile, because he is deprived of memories of a lost homeland as much as he lacks the hope of a promised land to come. This divorce between man and his life, the actor and his setting, truly constitutes the feeling of Absurdity."

- Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

~

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

- Mark Twain

~

"Myth is the facts of the mind made manifest in a fiction of matter."

- Maya Deren

~

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.

~ George Bernard Shaw"

~

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once" - Albert Einstein

~

"Opportunity does not knock only once; it knocks every single moment of every single day for every single one of us."

- Mike Dooley

~

"I'll never forget the things you said to me. Not because they mattered, but because they made me feel like I did."

~

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world."

- -Marilyn Monroe

~

"It is only with one's heart that one can see clearly.

What is essential is invisible to the eye."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

~

"Us teenagers are the most misunderstood people in our society. We are treated like children, but are expected to act like adults."

- Another Asian Hilton

~

"Fix your eyes on perfection and you make almost everything speed towards it."

- William Ellery Channing

~

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters."

- Audrey Hepburn

~

"Nothing great ever came easy"

- tumblr

~

"When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done."

- tumblr

~

"When you're a kid, they tell you it's all... Grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better."

- Elton Pope

~

"Many people die with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out."

- Oliver Wendell Holmes

~

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"

- Martin Luther King Jr.

~

"In the world I am

Always a stranger

I do not understand its language

It does not understand my silence"

― Bei Dao

~

"It's funny how time keeps moving. Regardless of whether you're at peace or restless, waiting for something or wishing you could go back and repeat history. No matter how far away something seems, there is certainty that it will arrive - it's just a matter of what you do in the meantime."

~

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."

~

"You're going to die. You're going to be dead. It could be 20 years, it could be tomorrow, anytime. So am I. I mean, we're just going to be gone. The world's going to go on without us. All right now. You do your job in the face of that, and how seriously you take yourself you decide for yourself."

- Bob Dylan

~

"It is only with one's heart that one can see clearly.

What is essential is invisible to the eye."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

~

"Myth is the facts of the mind made manifest in a fiction of matter."

- Maya Deren

~

"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."

- Alice in Wonderland

~

"The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change."

― C.G. Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections

~

"I let it go. It's like swimming against the current. It exhausts you. After a while, whoever you are, you just have to let go, and the river brings you home."

- Joanne Harris

~

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

^*^*^*^*^^*^*^^*^^*^^^^*^^*^^*^**^**^**^^*^*^*^**^*^**^*^^*^^*^*^*^^*

"Power is given only to him who dares to stoop and take it ... one must have the courage to dare."

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

~

"Every man has some reminiscences which he would not tell to everyone, but only to his friends. He has others which he would not reveal even to his friends, but only to himself, and that in secret. But finally there are still others which a man is even afraid to tell himself, and every decent man has a considerable number of such things stored away. That is, one can even say that the more decent he is, the greater the number of such things in his mind."

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

~

"There is something at the bottom of every new human thought, every thought of genius, or even every earnest thought that springs up in any brain, which can never be communicated to others, even if one were to write volumes about it and were explaining one's idea for thirty-five years; there's something left which cannot be induced to emerge from your brain, and remains with you forever; and with it you will die, without communicating to anyone perhaps the most important of your ideas."

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

~

"Don't let us forget that the causes of human actions are usually immeasurably more complex and varied than our subsequent explanations of them."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Idiot

~

"Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human"

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground

~

"Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Kara

~

"Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

~

"We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight, somehow suddenly, all at once, before a word has been spoken."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

~

"Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

~

"I can see the sun, but even if I cannot see the sun, I know that it exists. And to know that the sun is there - that is living."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

~

"Yet, I didn't understand that she was intentionally disguising her feelings with sarcasm; that was usually the last resort of people who are timid and chaste of heart, whose souls have been coarsely and impudently invaded; and who, until the last moment, refuse to yield out of pride and are afraid to express their own feelings to you."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground

~

"The more stupid one is, the closer one is to reality. The more stupid one is, the clearer one is. Stupidity is brief and artless, while intelligence squirms and hides itself. Intelligence is unprincipled, but stupidity is honest and straightforward."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

~

"Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

~

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for."

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

~~~~~~~~

"I am a dreamer. I know so little of real life that I just can't help re-living such moments as these in my dreams, for such moments are something I have very rarely experienced. I am going to dream about you the whole night, the whole week, the whole year. I feel I know you so well that I couldn't have known you better if we'd been friends for twenty years. You won't fail me, will you? Only two minutes, and you've made me happy forever. Yes, happy. Who knows, perhaps you've reconciled me with myself, resolved all my doubts.

When I woke up it seemed to me that some snatch of a tune I had known for a long time, I had heard somewhere before but had forgotten, a melody of great sweetness, was coming back to me now. It seemed to me that it had been trying to emerge from my soul all my life, and only now-

If and when you fall in love, may you be happy with her. I don't need to wish her anything, for she'll be happy with you. May your sky always be clear, may your dear smile always be bright and happy, and may you be for ever blessed for that moment of bliss and happiness which you gave to another lonely and grateful heart. Isn't such a moment sufficient for the whole of one's life?"

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, White Nights

~~~~~~~

"For, after all, you do grow up, you do outgrow your ideals, which turn to dust and ashes, which are shattered into fragments; and if you have no other life, you just have to build one up out of these fragments. And all the time your soul is craving and longing for something else. And in vain does the dreamer rummage about in his old dreams, raking them over as though they were a heap of cinders, looking in these cinders for some spark, however tiny, to fan it into a flame so as to warm his chilled blood by it and revive in it all that he held so dear before, all that touched his heart, that made his blood course through his veins, that drew tears from his eyes, and that so splendidly deceived him!"

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, White Nights: And Other Stories

~

" Beauty will save the world.... "

― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Idiot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 1.3K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
826K 32.6K 138
Un artbook(? Idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Siganme en Instagram pls (🌸ಥ_ಥ)/ ❤ Instagram → @kuhory https://www.instagram.com/kuhory/?hl=es-la
182K 9.4K 87
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...