Those Perfect Flaws || ✓ || P...

By pialikesbands

#1 in Teen Fiction Blaze Ryder is everything Alaska feared. He is eyes and embraces and fallings stars, choc... More

Before You Read
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Appreciation Update.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Fun Facts + Playlist
Spotify Playlist
Alternate Ending?
Alternate Ending!

Chapter 17

7.2K 352 76
By pialikesbands

Date: 4th March, 2016.

I just wanted to try this out, haha.

" If sad was a drug,

I would be high as fuck."

ALASKA'S POV

I rolled on my bed and buried my head into the soft pillow that sunk down, under the pressure. After laying there for a minute or so, I rolled over on my back and groaned. I sat up straight and made my way downstairs, I grabbed my phone on my way out and unlocked my phone, scrolling through my Instagram feed as I climbed downstairs.

I sat on the kitchen stool and called up Mum.

"When are you coming back?" I asked her as soon as she picked up on the fifth ring.

"Hello Al. I'm doing great, thanks for asking." She replied and I could imagine her rolling her eyes.

I didn't feel like speaking so I kept quiet. Mum spoke up, "Al, are you okay?"

"No, not really." I replied in a slow, weak voice.

"What's wrong?" She asked with concern in her voice and I told her everything in a state of sight stupor.

"Oh, thank God you are okay, baby. Your dad and I will be back on the next flight."

"Thank you mumma. I love you." I said and sighed. Under other circumstances, I would have told them to stay back but this time we both knew I needed her.

It was already one pm by the time I got off the phone with my mom. I ordered some takeout for Blaze, Liam and I and texted them to come over before the food arrives.

Fifteen minutes later, the front door unlocked and both of them walked in. I nodded my head at them and greeted them. I was on the couch and Liam sat besides me. Half a second later, the doorbell rang and Blaze went to collect the food.

"Money is on the counter by the door." I shouted behind him.

A minute later he returned with the Chinese takeout and set it on the coffee table. He picked me up by the waist, sat down and sat me back on his lap.

I let out a shocked sound and my heart rate increased by hundred miles per second. I'm sure Blaze could hear it and my cheeks turned red.

I blushed a lot around him. 

Liam looked at me with a smirk and I glared at him.

Liam passed me the box of noodles and the chop sticks and did the same for Blaze. Blaze had an arm wrapped around my waist and he used the same arm to hold his noodles. They ate in silence and I played with the food, not wanting to eat.

After thirty minutes, my food was over (they made me eat forcibly) and there was nothing I wanted to do. I curled into Blaze's chest and he held me close.

They put in American Horror Story because it was my favourite but I just couldn't feel it in me to watch it. Half way through the second episode, Blaze sat up a little straighter causing me to move too and I glared at him. He picked up the remote and paused the episode. Liam got on his feet and helped me get up.

"What?" I asked.

"Enough of this. I can't stand seeing you so sad and quiet. I need to heard your smart ass comments and sarcastic remarks." Blaze explained.

Suddenly, Blaze smirked and took my hand in his.

He walked out with me besides him and when we were in the driveway, he tossed me a key. I caught it and looked at it, it had an Audi logo on it.

"Wait, you're letting me drive your car?" I asked, bewildered with a shocked tone.

"Yes." He smiled, proud of his idea to cheer me up.

"For real?" I asked, in an entrance.

"Yeah." He smiled wider.

"Oh my God, you're the best!" I said hurriedly and hugged him.

"Where's my hug?" Liam pouted. To be very fucking honest, I had completely forgotten he was still there.

"You don't get one." I spoke up jokingly and sprinted towards the Audi R8, getting in before Blaze could change his mind.

I put the key in ignition and there was this feeling of excitement bubbling up in my stomach. I absolutely loved this car, already.

I turned the key which was in the ignition and the car purred to life. The noise soothed me and I let out a little giggle.

I widened my eyes and slapped a hand to my mouth.

I didn't giggle, ever.

I felt I should be like Elsa so I let it go. I put the car in the driving gear and drove over to the boys. They got it and drove off.

I giggled again and we drove down the road but I didn't cover it up.

"You sure seem happy." Blaze commented.

"Of course, I've waited too long to drive this baby."

"I feel like such a third wheeler." Liam spoke up.

I blushed and kept on driving, not replying.

"Who knew driving a car could put you into such a good mood?" Liam spoke up again.

"Blaze would have let you drive it sooner if only he knew."

I just hummed in response and parked in the parking lot of an ice cream shop.

I got down and Liam and Blaze followed me in. I ordered my regular along with Mississippi Mud for Blaze and Strawberry Cheesecake for Liam and we sat down in the booth. We talked for a bit and then all of our phones dinged up at the same time. Not even guessing who was it, I opened up the group chat.

"We are coming over." It read. Oh well, then.

I quickly devoured down the ice cream and dusted my hands.

We couldnt get Blaze's car dirty now, could we?

I drove home a little over the speed limit with Blaze freaking out that I would crash his car and Liam laughing at our banter.

Oh God, I missed Blaze so much.

I parked in the driveway and went inside, preparing something to drink and putting away a pint of ice cream into the freezer.

No, it wasn't for them, it was for me.

Everyone gathered in and we all sat around, occupying every furniture in the room.
Liz was the last one to arrive. She looked at my hands and asked me what had happened.

"I don't know" I answered truthfully and she lowkey glared at me.

"What?" I snapped at her.

"Nothing. Just get better soon."

I just hummed in response. "What exactly is under those bandages?" She asked me.

"Cuts." I replied truthfully.

"So you cut yourself?" She asked.

"Yes Liz, she cut herself and called up Liam at an ungodly hour because she is a thirsty hoe and needs attention." Sean snapped at her.

"Cool down, Sean." I said, not wanting Liz to get offended.

"I'm sorry about him Liz, someone broke in and hurt me." I spoke up

"Oh. Okay."

We were all there for a while just talking. We ordered food and joked around. Around seven, Liz left.

No sooner had Liz left than Sean spoke up, "Was it only me or she was faking concern?"

"I noticed that." Blaze spoke up.

"Me too"

"Yeah, same."

"Me" Damien pitched in.

"Hey guys, c'mon. It's nothing like that. She could just have been mad that I didn't tell her sooner."

"Whatever floats your boat." Liam said.

I just rolled my eyes. She was just mad, I knew Liz.

After an hour everyone except Blaze left and I cleaned up the mess, taking care not to hurt my arms. After I was done, I sat behind the counter with my hands ahead of me. I felt a presence behind me and I slightly relaxed because Blaze's scent was just so comforting.

He massaged my shoulders and neck and his hands flowed around like water and honestly, it felt like magic.

Ten minutes later he said, "Let's go to bed."

"You're sleeping over?" I asked in a tired whisper.

"I will be damned if I let you stay alone tonight, best friend."

I smiled and kissed his cheek as made my way upstairs. He pulled me by my shoulder and dragged me to the basement instead. I changed into my pyjamas and he into his, which he had taken out from my closet.

He settled where he always did and I crawled next to him. I put my head on his shoulder and my arm on his heart. He hitched my leg on his waist and wrapped his arm around me.

I fell asleep to the sound of his slightly accelerating heart beat and the smell of chocolate and his cologne calming me, with his hair brushing my face.

I missed this so much.
_________________

This was more of a filer chapter. Hope you like it!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.9K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
169K 3.9K 32
It started with a kiss and ended with a list. The middle is a bit more complicated. The list of rules is supposed to protect mine and Beck's friendsh...
7.7K 133 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
1K 127 26
In the midst of his teenage years, a 14-year-old high schooler found himself falling deeply in love for the very first time. However, there was a cat...