Shy (OLD VERSION)

By TashaPageWriting

"She's shy," Brooke shrugged, glancing at Indianna who looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in the class... More

I- New School, New Town, New Friends.
II- Greyson.
III- Pain
IV- Sick
V- "It Is You"
VI- Greyson
VII- PE
VIII- Storm
IX- Dinner
X- "I Want You"
XI- The Beginning
XII- Doc
XIII- Answers
XIV- Mark
XV- "My Grandma Looks Better Than You, She's Been Dead For 10 Years"
XVI- Stacy's Warning
XVII- Who Is Rogue?
XVIII- Lies
XIX- Harry and Brooke
XXI- "You're Fucking Tough, Indie."
XXII- "You're Rogue?"
XXIII- "I Don't Like Killing."
XXIV- "Spank me?"
XXV- In His Head
XXVI- A Spy?
XXVII- Kal
XXVIII- Meeting The Pack
XXIX- The Girl
XXX- Nightmare
XXXI- "You're Welcome To Go Topless"
XXXII- Poor Brooke
XXXIII- Ellie
XXXIV- Being Sincere
XXXV- The Confrontation
XXXVI- The Attack
XXXVII- The Aftermath
XXXVIII- "On the way to good."
XXXIX- The Last Stage
XL- The Parents
XLI- A Delivery
XLII- Distraction
XLIII- Lake Party
XLIV- Shift
XLV- Iris
XLVI- Argument
XLVII- Make Up Sex
XLVIII- Being Human
XLIX - Trouble In Paradise
L- Laura
LI - Pack Bonding
LII - Tease #1
LIII - Tease #2
Not A Chapter
LIV- Drugs
LV - I Love You
LVI- Birthday
LVII- Breakdown
LVIII- Surprise Present
LVIX - Indianna's Plan
LX- The Falls
LXI- The Branding Ceremony?
LXII- No More Secrets
LXIII- Rogue Strikes Again
Not An Update
LXIV- Rogue Revealed
LXV- Dealing With The Revelations
LXVI- Jason
LXVII- The Branding Ceremony #1
LXVIII- The Branding Ceremony #2
LXIX- Healing
LXX - Mates?
LXXI- Kimberly
LXXII- The Plan
LXXIII- Not Going To Plan
LXXIV- Rogue's Demands
LXXV- Family Reunion
LXXVI- Bait
LXXVII- Relief?
LXXVIII- Strong
LXXIX- The Present
Thank you
Rant
Book 2
Sequels, Prequels, and Other Books
Shy REWRITTEN

XX- Brooke's Past

312K 10.7K 3.3K
By TashaPageWriting

Indianna walked into class after lunch and sat right at the back. She rested her chin on her hand and waited for the teacher to turn up, which was a rare sight in this school.

"Hi, Indianna," Brandon said and took a seat next to her. "How are you?"

"Fine," she shrugged. "You?"

"Good," he smiled and his eyes flickered around the class. "Isn't Brooke supposed to be here?"

"Her and Harry are fighting," Indianna said quietly and Brandon frowned.

"Oh," he said. "She needs to break up with that asshole."

"She loves him," Indianna said.

"He's a twat," Brandon snapped. "The whole lot of them are, especially Greyson."

Indianna arched an eyebrow at Brandon who shrugged.

"I know you two have a 'thing', but he's a dick."

"He is rather irritating," Indianna agreed.

*Excuse me?*

*Shut up.*

"Then why are you with him?" Brandon asked.

*Choose your answer carefully, sugar,* Greyson said with a small chuckle.

"Because," Indianna said, "I like him." It took a lot to force the words out. It looked as if she was lying, trying to justify her reasons for being with Greyson, but she was telling the truth. She liked Greyson.

"Why? Why do you like him?"

*I think the little cunt needs a punch,* Greyson said coldly, but Indianna ignored him.

"To be honest, I have no clue," Indianna admitted.

"He's an asshole."

"You don't know him."

"I've known him a lot longer than you, Indianna."

"Doesn't mean you know him," she countered. "Time doesn't mean anything. You don't know anything about him."

"And you do? You know all of his secrets?"

"Sometimes I wish I didn't," she muttered and sighed.

"Do you honestly have feelings for him?" Brandon asked.

"Why do you care?" Indianna said, not meaning to sound as rude as she did.

"You seem like a nice person, Indianna. I don't want Greyson to use you like he's used other girls. He's bad news."

"He may be bad news, but he isn't using me," Indianna said. "He really isn't."

"I don't trust him. I don't trust Harry either, but I can't do anything about them two. Brooke won't listen to me."

"And you think I will?"

"You're smart, Indianna, don't be blind to Greyson. Realise him for what he is."

*I'm seriously going to kill this bastard,* Greyson growled. *Who the fuck does he think he is?*

"Brandon, drop the subject," Indianna muttered.

*What classroom are you in, sugar?*

*I'm having a lovely time, Greyson, and do not wish to be interrupted by you punching Brandon,* Indianna said sarcastically.

*He's a little bitch.*

*Calm down.*

*Let me kill the cunt and I will.*

*Goodbye, Greyson.*

*

"He's so lucky that he's not in this class," Greyson muttered, sitting down next to Indianna and Kal in their next class.

"Who?" Ace wondered, joining them.

"Fucking Brandon," Greyson said.

"What's that bitch done this time?" Kal asked.

"Said a load of shit to Indie about me," Greyson said and scoffed. "As if he thought he could persuade her to hate me."

"Greyson," Indianna said. *Forget about it.*

"Forget?" Greyson repeated and shook his head. "The bastard hates us and now he's trying to turn my mate against me, I don't think so."

Indianna groaned and ran her fingers through her dark hair. "Please?"

"You gotta do a lot more than 'please', sugar, to make me forget," Greyson chuckled.

Indianna sighed and looked to the door as Brooke and Harry entered the classroom. He still looked angry and Brooke looked annoyed. "They don't look happy," Indianna said quietly as they took a seat on the opposite side of the classroom.

Greyson pursed his lips and looked at Brooke and Harry. He could tell that one of them was on the brink of snapping. Them talking in hushed and snappy tones could be heard from across the classroom.

Suddenly Brooke gasped and there was a loud crack that silenced the classroom. All eyes went to Brooke who was glaring at Harry. She had risen to a stand and Harry's head was snapped to the side.

"Fuck, man!" Kal gasped. "She slapped him."

"You bastard!" Brooke growled and grabbed her bag from the floor and walked past Harry. "Don't fucking touch me!" She snapped when Harry went to grab her arm.

"Brooklyn, don't walk away from me," Harry said in a scarily calm voice.

"Go fuck yourself," she hissed and her eyes met with Indianna's. She looked pleading and Indianna stood up.

"Whoa, you're not going with her," Greyson said, grabbing Indianna's wrist.

"Yes I am," Indianna said sternly.

"You can't fight me, sugar. I'm a lot stronger than you," Greyson shrugged.

"Indie?" Brooke said desperately and tears formed in her eyes.

"Greyson!" Indianna gasped. "Please!"

"Her and Harry needs to sort this out. Don't interfere."

"She just slapped him, they aren't sorting things out soon. Let me talk to her! Greyson?"

Greyson sighed and let go of Indianna's wrist. She rushed past him before he could change his mind and walked out of the classroom with Brooke.

The two girls walked in silence for a moment before sitting down in a deserted hallway. "What happened?" Indianna asked quietly, leaning back onto the lockers.

"He was out of order. He said something to me... It was horrible and he had no right to bring it up," Brooke said quietly and a tear slipped down her cheek.

"What-"

"I have a bad past," she sniffled. "Something happened to me when I was younger. It was bad, Indie. Harry found out about it last year, but I don't like to talk about it so he doesn't pester me for questions. He brought it up in the most horrible way just now just because he knew it would shut me up."

"What happened?" Indianna asked cautiously.

"I was in an incident when I was 16," Brooke said quietly. "I stumbled across a man when I was walking home from school one day. He," Brooke gulped, "was a horrible man."

"Oh gosh," Indianna gasped. "He rap-"

"I don't like to say that word," Brooke said sadly. "I was so scared for ages, but I finally got over the fear of being touched by men, thanks to Harry. He helped me, but to throw that back in my face and say what he said about the situation I was in... He's a bastard."

"I'm so sorry," Indianna said sadly.

"I don't think about it often, I've blocked most of it from memory. I only remember a few days."

"Days?"

Brooke shifted uncomfortably and nodded. "The man kidnapped me, but luckily he was stupid and the police tracked him. I was found in a week."

"Oh God, Brooke-"

"I'm fine. I'm not upset about what happened. I'm upset about what Harry said."

"What did he say?"

Brooke shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut. "I don't want to think about it. I just need to be away from Harry."

"You can talk about it if you want, I'm a good listener," Indianna offered and Brooke wiped a tear from her cheek.

Brooke gulped and took a deep breath. "I can't, he was out of order, I can't repeat it."

"That's okay," Indianna said.

Footsteps sounded down the empty corridor and Brooke's jumped up when she saw Harry and Greyson. "Stay away from me!" She snapped and turned to walk away from them, but Harry was in front of her in an instant.

Indianna's eyes widened at the speed and Greyson slowly made his way over to her. "Werewolf speed," he said into her ear. "What did you two talk about?"

"She told me what happened to her."

"There are sick bastards in this world," Greyson muttered, glancing over at Brooke and Harry as they spoke in hushed tones.

"It sounds awful. She said Harry said something about what happened to her and it wasn't nice."

"He told me," Greyson said and pursed his lips. "He's a fucking ass for saying it, but he was angry. He isn't in control when he's angry. Brooklyn knows how he gets, she'll forgive him soon."

"What did he say?" Indianna wondered, glancing up at Greyson.

"That's not my place to say," he shrugged and grabbed Indianna's hand. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Indianna asked when they walked past their classroom.

"I've had enough school for today, we're going back to mine," he shrugged.

"Greyson!" Indianna gasped. "We can't bunk lessons!"

"Why not?"

"Because we're not allowed."

"Shut up, sugar," he chuckled. "The teachers don't turn up so why should we?" Greyson tightened his grip on Indianna and pulled her down the hallway and out of the school.

"Greyson!" Indianna complained, trying to dig her feet into the ground. "I'm not bunking!"

"Yes, you are," he smirked and stopped next to his car. "Come on," he whispered and gently kissed Indianna on the lips. "Live a little."

Before Indianna could reply, the car door was opened and Indianna was pushed inside. She squeaked in surprise and Greyson laughed, closing the door. He walked round the car, sat in the drivers seat and started the ignition, turning to smirk at Indianna as he did.

"I dislike you," she said and crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at the road as Greyson drove away from the school.

Greyson chuckled and reached over the gears and placed his hand on Indianna's thigh. "You couldn't even if you wanted to," he said, rubbing circles into Indianna's thigh with his fingers, igniting sparks that spread down her leg.

"Shut up," Indianna muttered and Greyson smirked. "Oh crap!" She gasped. "I left my bag and my phone-"

"Ace is bringing it to the house after school."

"Oh, okay."

"No thank you?"

"You're not Ace," Indianna shrugged and she looked down to see that she had subconsciously linked her fingers with Greyson's. She frowned and went to pull away, but Greyson held tight.

"You always have very cold hands," he commented.

"Am I meant to thank you for that?"

"It was just an observation," Greyson chuckled.

"You're always hot."

"Thanks," Greyson smirked and Indianna rolled her eyes.

"Not what I meant."

"I know," he said. "I'm a werewolf, my core body temperature is considerably higher than that of a human being. I don't get cold easily either."

"I get cold extremely easily," Indianna frowned.

"You're not a werewolf yet," Greyson shrugged.

"Thank God," Indianna sighed.

"It's not a bad thing, sugar. Being a shifter is a good thing. It's great."

"For you, I just want to be normal."

"We are normal, Indie. Werewolves existed before humans did, but somewhere along the line some humans didn't inherit the werewolf gene and humans evolved."

"I just don't want to become one of you."

"You're one of us whether you like it or not," Greyson shrugged. "You can't change it."

"I don't have to like it."

Greyson pulled up to the house and him and Indianna both got out of the car. As they walked through the front door Indianna grabbed Greyson's arm. "What?" He asked.

"If anything happens that I'm not comfortable with, I'm leaving."

"Okay."

"Promise me you'll let me?"

Greyson rolled his eyes, but nodded. "Promise."

"Indianna," Doc greeted Indianna when they entered the infirmary. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay," Indianna shrugged.

"Take a seat." Indianna sat on one of the beds and Doc walked up to her. "Have you been having any pains at all?"

"Some. They aren't that bad."

"Hmm. The calm before the storm," Doc murmured. "How about fits? Have you had a fit in the past few days?"

"No."

"That's good, for now."

"For now?"

"I'm afraid it will get worse again," Doc frowned. "You will most probably have fits again and the pains will be extreme."

Indianna visibly paled and Greyson took her hand. "You'll be okay."

"I hope so," she muttered.

"I'm just going to run so routine tests," Doc announced. "I'm going to take your blood pressure first." Indianna sat quietly as Doc did his thing and Greyson watched his every move; he didn't want anything to harm his mate. "It's slightly high, but that is common during this stage. Stress levels are high and your hormones are all over the place, it's perfectly normal."

Doc did a few more tests and lndianna felt more relaxed in the medical environment. Until Doc lifted a syringe up. "No!" Indianna said sternly. "No!"

"A blood sample could make it easier for me to figure out when you're going to move on to the next stage-"

"No," Indianna repeated and shook her head hurriedly. *You promised, Greyson.*

"Doc, no needles," Greyson said sternly and Doc nodded, putting the syringe away. Indianna let out a breath and Greyson looked at Doc. "You done?"

"Yes, I will let you know if I figure out anything about Indianna's process," Doc said and Greyson nodded.

"Good. Let's go, sugar." Greyson held his hand out and Indianna took it, sliding off of the bed and walking out of the infirmary with him. Greyson led Indianna upstairs to his room and gently pushed her up against the closed door. "Your heart," he murmured. "I can hear it beating." He cupped Indianna's cheek and frowned. "It's fast. You really don't like doctors do you, sugar?"

Indianna shook her head and Greyson stepped back, giving her some space. "I still can't believe you're forcing me to bunk school."

"You're skipping one lesson," Greyson scoffed and Indianna wandered over to his bed, taking a seat on the soft mattress. "Big deal."

"It's against the rules," Indianna frowned.

"Rules?" Greyson repeated and laughed. "Indie, you're such a goody-two-shoes."

"I am not!" Indianna exclaimed and Greyson raised his eyebrows at her.

"You are," he said and walked over to his bed, stopping in front of Indianna. He stood between her legs and smirked at her annoyed expression.

"I'm not."

"If you're so sure of yourself," Greyson said and leaned closer to Indianna, a smirk plastered on his face, "prove it, sugar."

Indianna narrowed her eyes and shook her head. "You may think I'm a goody-two-shoes, Greyson, but I'm not easy. Don't try to trick me into doing stuff with you simply to prove a point."

Greyson chuckled and quickly kissed Indianna on the lips. "I would never do such a thing," he smirked and lay down on his bed. "Lets do something, Indie. What shall we do?"

Indianna shifted so she was lying next to Greyson. "Sleep. Your voice is boring me."

"Cheeky bitch," Greyson scoffed and Indianna grinned.

"Put some tv on or something. I don't care."

Greyson ended up putting a horror film on which, much to his amusement, Indianna hated with a passion.

"I said tv, not a horror film!" She groaned, covering her face with her hands.

Greyson chuckled and wrapped his arms around Indianna, pulling her into his chest.

She hated to admit it, but he smelt great.

"Thanks," he whispered into Indianna's ear and she rolled her eyes.

There was a loud scream from the television and Indianna jumped in fright, gripping onto Greyson's hand. "Please turn it off."

"I don't think so," he smirked.

Indianna groaned and went to get off the bed to turn the film off, but she found herself getting pulled back by Greyson who wrapped his arms around her tightly. "Greyson!"

"Yes?"

"Get off me!"

"Um, no," he said and kissed her temple.

"I hate you."

"Of course you do, sugar."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 121K 51
If you throw a rogue wolf into a pack, what do you get? Certainly, not a Luna. Kaia Aalish, rogue-born, must outrun the repercussions of her murdero...
3.1M 74.6K 26
London was from a pack that was killed by an enemy pack. She was only seventeen when it happened. She was the only one to escape except for a small b...
2.2M 53.8K 34
"Please," I begged pulling on the man's arm that was wrapped around my torso, pressing me to him. I wanted nothing more then to be freed of his grasp...
65K 2.3K 20
Mark is the alpha of the intelligence pack. He was raised by the power pack and when other packs realized the need for a smarter pack, they all turn...