The Blue Assassins

By zelaughingqueen

***PREVIOUSLY A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY*** Highest rank: #1 in Featured [July 25, 2017], #1 in Action [January... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
Epilogue- 5 Years Later
Q&A
#1 IN ACTION

VIII

25.1K 1.1K 123
By zelaughingqueen

  My head was pounding.

All I could think about was the fact that the entire time I spent staring at River in school, imagining how wonderful he was, was a lie. He wasn't wonderful. He was a murderer.

"River, you should take Blair to her dorm. She needs some time to rest and grasp what's happening, " Alexander suggested. I realized he used my name, which I did not tell him.

Before I could react, River grabbed my arm and lead me out of the room. I pulled away from him. "Don't touch me."

"Fine, " he grumbled in annoyance.

I kept my distance from him as we walked through the building. I assumed this was the Blue Assassins' headquarters. I froze when I realized something.

"Wait, " I said and River rolled his eyes, facing me.

"What now?"

"What am I going to tell my family?" I questioned, feeling my panic rising. "I can't just say 'hey, mom and dad. I joined the Blue Assassins! Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. But, I don't have a say in it because you'll die if I reject them. Sorry?' No! They'd have a heart attack at the spot!"

"That'd be convenient."

"No, it wouldn't!" I exclaimed and he sighed.

"Okay, fine. Just...tell them that you're going to a private school and it's a once in a lifetime kind of thing. Then, say something like 'it's the most prestigious private school in the world' and 'only a few people each year are specifically chosen to enroll'. And say that it's far away and you have to live in the dorms there."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Hold up, do I have to live here too?"

"Of course. We can't risk you revealing us to your family, " River nodded, making me let out a groan.

"And I thought that I had already hit rock bottom."

"You were wrong. Now, let's go, " River said impatiently and I reluctantly followed after him.

"Your room is that one down the hall, " River pointed to the far end of the hallway and I nodded in response. Suddenly, a door nearby opened; two boys came out of it.

"You should've seen her, Drake. She was hilarious. I heard that she's going to join us!" one of them said. I squinted before my eyes widened in recognition.

"Blondie!" I called out to him and he faced me.

"Sassy cat!" he grinned.

"What? Sassy cat? Really?"

"What? Blondie? Really? You do know that you're blonde too, right?"

I chuckled. "Touché. Hey, were you just talking about me?"

"Maybe, " Blondie winked playfully while my eyes traveled to the black haired boy beside him. "Oh, this is Drake."

"I'm Blair, " I smiled at him. He nodded, stuffing Nutella in his mouth. I gasped: "Is that Nutella? I like you already."

"Assassin Cody, Assassin Drake, " River interrupted abruptly, but I ignored him.

"Cody? That's your name?" I scoffed. "That's definitely a blonde boy name."

They both bowed for River. "Leader."

"Should I be bowing too?"

"Yes, " River snapped. "But, I don't see that happening anytime soon."

"Oh, you guys have a smart leader!" I taunted him.

"Sassy cat!" Cody hissed and I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Yes?"

"Bow for the leader."

I laughed. "In his dreams."

River glared at me in response.

"Dude, do you have a death wish?" Cody whispered not so quietly; I did the same.

"No, that's why I joined! So, my loved ones and myself, won't die."

River sighed in exasperation. "Blair, you have two hours."

"Uh, for what?" I asked while he opened the door to my room for me.

"Dinner. Go get ready."

"But, my parents...they don't know where I am. I can't say goodbye?"

"I'll take you tomorrow. They think you're at your friend, Selene's, house and she covered for you. She thinks you're going to a party, " he explained to me.

"Party, " I scoffed. "Sure. What about my clothes?"

"We'll get them all at your house, but here's a dress for tonight, " River handed me the dress and I chuckled as I looked at it.

"Blue. Of course, " I muttered. He turned to leave, but I quickly stopped him. "Hey, River!"

He locked eyes with me. "Yeah?"

"Thanks. For letting me say bye to my family, " I gave him a small smile.

"You're welcome, Blair, " River nodded before leaving with Cody and Drake behind him.

Before he did, though, I caught the shadow of a smile on his lips

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 112K 50
❝ A sniper doesn't always need a partner, they just need someone to give the signal. ❞ Going solo gave you a lot to ponder on, especially given a mis...
301K 29.1K 82
Her memory was taken. Her skills were not. Her very presence is a threat to everything he has ever cared for. They might make a powerful team... ...
831K 66.5K 128
A reclusive crown prince appoints a common thief as his bodyguard, plunging them both into deadly intrigue, court scandal, and most dangerous of all:...
587 73 16
Rose Beckett wasn't raised to be the Queen of Silva. No, she was raised to be the wife of the man who'd marry her and inherit the title of King of Si...