Sweetheart • Alec Lightwood

By crimzun

"Stop calling me that!" "Call you what, sweetheart?" He threw his arm up in frustration. ••• In which a Dow... More

000
Playlist
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
00
009
01
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
The End • Part 1
The End • Part 2
The End • Part 3
BONUS
Snippets and gifs
BONUS 2
Christmas bonus!

001

153K 2.3K 1.5K
By crimzun

Axel was hungry and Pandemonium had what he needed. Good alcohol and hot boys/girls who he could feed on.

He couldn't find someone who piqued his interest until he bumped a raven haired boy who seemed confused by how Axel could see him. The raven haired boys eyes widen when Axel checked him out. His tongue traced his bottom lip as he flickered his eyes to the hot males eyes.

"You can see me." The raven haired boy stated, looking curious and nervous. Axel was checking him out again while Alec was questioning himself on how a hot mundane can see him. Alec took a step back, cautious of this stranger. Axel didn't hesitate on taking a step forward and giving the taller boy a seductive smile.

"Glad I can," Axel said, giving the taller male a wink. Alec was taken aback. Jace was usually the one that got all the attention.

Alec looked around nervously and saw Jace's familiar blond hair. Oddly enough, Alec liked the attention from the brown haired guy in front of him from this brief encounter. Knowing he would never see this stranger again, Alec left without a reply.

"Huh, my flirting skills must be off." Axel said frowning to himself, looking at the boy who ran off. The boy was exactly what he needed tonight and he was gone. Axel shrugged it off and winked at a passerby with glowing cat like eyes.

8 hours earlier

"Axel! Mom!" Clary said hugging the envelope which held her future. She heard loud footsteps coming towards her and she laughed when she got tackled from her brother. Axel lifted her up and twirled her around. She giggled as she held onto his shoulders, slightly crumbling the letter.

"You did it!" Her mother squealed happily, pushing Axel away from her daughter to hug said daughter.

"You also follow Simon?" Clary asked Axel who was grinning and her mother who squeezed the life out of her.

"Eww no," said Axel, wondering why people would follow that boy. Jocelyn laughed and said, "He only has 92 followers, he needs the retweet!"

Axel ruffled Clary's hair before seeing a gift bag that was probably from Dot. Using the moment she tried fixing her hair, he snatched the out of her hand and peeked inside of it. He didn't get to see anything because of Clary's small hands that tried to snatch it back.

"Hey! Give it back!" Clary said huffing in frustration when Axel put his arm up so she wouldn't reach it. She stepped on his shoes and tried reaching it but Axel wiggled it around.

Clary, knowing this was the only way, turned to her mother and gave her the puppy dog eye look. Axel rolled his eyes when Jocelyn gave him a pointed look. He sulked silently when Clary squealed because he gave it back.

Jocelyn rolled her eyes at them but had a small smile tugging at her lips.

"You ruin my fun." Axel pouted and crossed his arm in a child-like manner. His cheeks puffed up when Clary stuck her tongue out at him.

"Happy birthday," Jocelyn said while giving the present to Clary. She opened the box, confused at what it was. Axel stood awkwardly knowing what was happening and he did not want to be here for it. Axel gauged her reaction and decided he didn't want to stay any longer.

"It's called a Stele." Axel made a break for it but Jocelyn pleaded him to stay where he was with her eyes.

"Is this like a paper weight?" Clary asked clearly confused. She turned it around, looking at it in different angles. She held it delicately, moving it around as if it was a sword.

"No, it's much more than that. It's very ancient." Axel sighed and went to sit down but Jocelyn thought he was going to leave so she shot him a glare. He huffed and stayed at his spot, looking at Clary.

"Kinda looks like a wand, doesn't it?" Axel said leaning against the wall. Once again, Jocelyn shot a glare to Axel and the latter only grinned. If Axel had to stay for the show, he should at least be able to make comments.

"Sorta. They're a family heirloom." Clary laughed a bit at this revelation. This was kind of far fetched for her. She took a step closer to her brother, weirded out by this.

"Us, Fray's have family heirlooms?" She asked, clearly amused.

Her mother only responded with, "A few."

"Wait, why doesn't Axel have one?" Clary asked. Her brother must have gotten one. She did not want to be the only want to have a weird magic wand. Axel widen his eyes and his mouth hung open.

Jocelyn was lost at word. She didn't know how to explain this one. Axel, who was amazing at bullshitting, spoke up.

"Actually, the Stele was originally going to be mine but I told her to give it to you in exchange for a tattoo." Axel lied. The markings on his neck and chest weren't tattoos. They were black swirls that started from the side of his neck and it ended on his chest. They were much more than that. Axel remembered the first time Clary saw them with the Sight. They tried removing her memory of it but she could still see the markings, unlike normal mundanes.

"Wait, does that mean I can get a tattoo too?" Clary asked. Axel quickly shot down the idea by saying, "No."

His baby sis would never get tattoos. Rune? Sure. Tattoos? Never in a million year.

Clary then examined the Stele and looked back up. "You know, it's weird. I doodled something that looks like this, this morning. I must have seen this around the house somewhere."

Axel, who was bored out of his mind, took Clary's art book and flipped through the pages. He smiled when he saw a drawing of him smoking which made him wonder where she saw him smoke. He never smoked in front of her. He stopped when he saw demons on that page. Then, he saw a drawing of a rune. He flipped to another page to see if she drew something else like this.

His smile dropped at the next page. His throat suddenly ran dry and his breath hitched. She drew him in his demon form. He had only transformed once in front of her and they took that memory out. He couldn't deny that he looked amazing in his demon form.

Jocelyn finally looked at him after he waved the drawing behind Clary. Jocelyn was panicking by then. She shot a panicked look at Axel and the latter shrugged. It was her daughter, therefore her problem.

"Honey, I need to-" she started but a ringing shot out from Clary's phone. Clary checked her mail and then made a move to go to her room.

"Simon. He's on his way." She explained.

"We need to talk," Axel said grabbing Clary's shoulders. "All of us. Like serious talk, Clare bear."

"I can't right now. I gotta change." Clary said trying to walk in her room but she, once again, got stopped by Axel pushing her to her mom. Clary gave him an annoyed look which he replied back with a cheeky smile.

"I'm going to see Champagne Enema tonight" she said pushing her brother's hand off of her shoulder. Axel scrunched his nose in disgust at the name.

"What?"

"Yeah, I know. It's the new band name," she replied with disgust. She never liked the name but Simon was adamant on keeping it. Even Maureen didn't like it but she loved Simon too much. She never understood how Simon named their band such ridicule names. She shuddered, remembering the first one.

Axel only wrapped his arm around her shoulder telling her, "Make sure they change it, okay little sis?"

Clary nodded before talking again. She turned to look at her mother and shrugged off Axel's arm around her. Axel took a step back and leaned on the wall.

"Simon and Maureen are taking me out after."

"But it's your 18th birthday and uh, everything's gonna change for you now." Clary gave her a funny look while Axel snorted. It was like the sex talk all over again. He was there when it happened and it was mostly Jocelyn blushing as much as her daughter and Axel saying dirty comments and laughing the whole time.

"Mom, we've had the talk," Clary said while Axel burst out laughing. This was not how Jocelyn wanted to have the shadowhunter talk with Clary. Jocelyn shot a look to Axel and he immediately silenced. "I'm good."

"We need to have a much different and more important talk."

"And we will. But, can it be over breakfast?" She asked her mother. Her mother sighed and nodded. "Thank you for the heirloom and I love you."

Her mother sighed and responded with, "I love you too."

Axel ruffled her hair, gave her serious look and said, "She wants to tell you you're adopted."

Clary rolled her eyes and shoved him to the side.

The irony. Axel was the one that didn't have any blood relation to Jocelyn and Clary and here he was saying Clary is adopted.

Axel usually went to Pandemonium twice every month and today he was hungry. Sometimes, Axel hated being a demon. He lived off of sexual energy and pain - well energy in general. He didn't feed on their life forms unless the human actually had no energy but he always loved the taste of sexual energy mixed with a tinge of pain. It was quite easy to feed since he was hot as hell but the craving was a pain in the ass.

The siblings went to change. Clary wore the present she got from Dot while Axel wore a white v-neck shirt. You could see the markings clearly. Usually, Axel would wear scarfs to hide them but he didn't feel like wearing one. It wasn't like any mundanes would see them but he was planning on going to Pandemonium, the club where most Downworlders like him gathered. Clary wore a green sweater while Axel wore a leather jacket. Axel and Clary were practically polar opposites with Clary being the goody two shoes and Axel the self-proclaimed bad boy.

Axel walked out of his room, checking his pockets if his packet of cigarettes was there. When he felt it, he pulled it out to check how many were left. Clary opened the door, making Axel quickly hide the cigarette. She always nagged about how he would die from it and how she did not want to lose him even though he was immortal. Clary gave him a bright smile not noticing his action. She turned around and saw Luke with a bag.

"Hey, Luke! What's up?" Clary greeted, cheerfully. She gave him a side hug and he ruffled her hair. The redhead huffed in annoyance. The world did not want her hair to be presentable today.

"Hey." Luke greeted back to Clary and gave a nod to Axel. "Incredible drawings."

"Oh, thanks."

"And I got you these-" Luke paused, giving her spray paint. "Spray paint."

"Oh, they're perfect," Clary said, excitedly. She gave him a grin. Axel leaned against the wall.

"If I catch any of that paint on city walls, I will arrest you." He said even though he knew Clary wouldn't do that.

"The paint is for Simon's van," Axel said. His lips curved into a mischievous grin. "And I'm pretty sure I would be the one to do that."

"I'm going now," Axel stated, looking at the time. He approached the door so he could go to Pandemonium to find someone to feed off of them. Clary snatched his wrist before he could leave.

"You promised me that you would do anything for me on my 18th birthday, right?" Clary grinned mischievously. She would get him to do something so embarrassing that he would never go out again. She had just wanted to make sure he would be willing to do anything.

Axel kissed her forehead and told her, "Of course."

"Great." she said, extending the 'r'.

Axel was now worried. She could make him do anything including something embarrassing. He didn't really care. He would do anything for her including stripping and dance at one of the fancy restaurants in Brooklyn although he already did that once.

Axel dismissed the thought and left.

Present

Axel was hungry and Pandemonium had what he needed. Good alcohol and hot boys who he could feed on.

He couldn't find someone who piqued his interest until he bumped a raven haired boy who seemed confused by how Axel could see him. The raven haired boys eyes widen when Axel checked him out. His tongue traced his bottom lip as he flickered his eyes to the hot males eyes.

"You can see me." The raven haired boy stated, looking curious and nervous. Axel was checking him out again while Alec was questioning himself on how a hot mundane can see him.

"Glad I can," Axel said, giving the taller male a wink. Alec was taken aback. Jace was usually the one that got all the attention.

Alec looked around nervously and saw Jace's familiar blond hair. Oddly enough, Alec liked the attention from the brown haired guy in front of him from this brief encounter. Knowing he would never see this stranger again, Alec left without a reply.

"Huh, my flirting skills must be off," Axel said frowning to himself, looking at the boy who ran off. The boy was exactly what he needed tonight and he was gone. Axel shrugged it off and winked at a passerby with glowing cat eyes.

Axel jumped slightly when his phone made a noise. Axel checked his phone and saw that it was from Dot.

From: D O T
Circle members. Here. Get Clary now and protect her. -D

Axel tensed, he didn't now where Clary was. Earlier, Simon mentioned to him something about Lombardi, but that was far away from here. He knew he would take at least five minutes with his heightened speed but what if something happened to her during those five minutes? He was about to make his way out before he saw the familiar red hair that belongs to Clary.

That made him angry. His sister was here. Alone. In a club. Full of demons.

She could have gotten attacked by demons, circle members or worse. Freaking horny guys (or girls).

He sped to where Clary was. Security guards stopped him from getting in the VIP area. What the hell? They weren't there before, Axel thought.

He let his eyes glow and the guard's eyes widen in surprise. Their eyes glowed in response making Axel grin. Making sure no one was looking, Axel stabbed them with his claws. They made choking noises before turning into ash. Axel dusted away the ash that fell. He walked in the VIP area and saw the hot dude from before.

Hearing the footsteps, Clary turned around and saw her brother. She was now scared. He wasn't supposed to know they were here, in a club. Seeing people kill monsters scared her enough but her brother knowing she came here? That almost made her piss herself. She held the Seraph Blade which was glowing.

A demon took the moment of weakness to attack Clary but Axel took the Seraph Blade making it glow black instead of white. The demon was taken aback and the moment of hesitation made him get his head get cut off. Axel groaned, forgetting how holding any Shadowhunter weapon willingly made him weak as hell. He always hated that weakness. He was one of the most feared demons and a freaking Shadowhunter weapon made him weak.

"Clary, get home okay?" Axel said cupping her cheek. Clary nodded with teary eyes. Axel kissed her forehead and grabbed her arm. "I'm sorry"

Clary screamed in pain. Her arm was on fire. It was the most painful thing she ever felt. She begged Axel to let her go and he did. Clary panted and looked at her arm. She saw part of the tattoo of Axel's tattoo on her arm. Axel cupped her face with both hands.

"Listen to me, Clary. I need you to go home and show your mother your arm, okay? Tell her the deal still continues." Clary looked at him with teary eyes. She gave him a nod. She felt like this was a nightmare. She hoped she could wake up. When she made no move to leave, Axel pushed her softly and muttered an urgent, "Go."

"W-what? What deal-" she started saying but Axel cut her off.

"Clary, go home. Your mom will explain everything." He said. He kissed her forehead and pushed her out of the room. He turned back and saw a blonde and the raven haired boy from earlier fighting off the demons. The girl was fighting with a demon and she didn't notice another one creeping towards her.

Axel grabbed the back of the demon's head and crushed it. The sound made the rest of the demons turn to look at him. The woman smiled at Axel in gratitude. The demons snarled at him, having no idea who he was.

All the demons were about to lunge at Axel but took a step back when they saw his glowing turquoise eyes. The tattoo on his neck slithered on his face like a serpent making him seem more intimidating. His nails were now black claws.

"Y-you-" A demon started saying but got his head cut off with Axel's sharp black claws. The other demons launched at him at the same time but got the same fate as the two other demons.

The blond guy looked at him surprised while the woman and the raven haired guy who rejected him looked at him in admiration.

Axel turned back into his human form, looking a lot paler with dark purple bags underneath his eyes. The raven haired boy was now looking at him in worry while the other two looked at him curiously

Axel saluted and winked at the Lightwood boy before leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 1.3K 100
What if two people fall in love when they both know eachother since childhood. what if some drama or emotions add...if they mean to be one or fate do...
5.5K 141 11
Another Malec fanfic Alec is broken. He is refusing to talk to anyone and won't say anything about the cuts on his wrists other than "the chairman s...
135K 4.3K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
251K 8K 59
Alec, the hottest Shadowhunter, and institute leader of New York meets one of the opressed downworlders Magnus Bane. Unfortunately he has to work wit...