Rejected Love

By MaxWolfe

More

Chap 1: The First Day
Chap 2: The First Evening and Rejection
Chap 3: Is This a Hint of Love?
Chap 4: Is it a Lie? Or the Truth?
Chap 5: The Fight
Chap 6: 7th Year: A Wall Breaking Down?
Chap 7: His Hidden Sadness
Chap 8: An Invitation
Chap 9: A Little Lie for the Best of Friends
Chap 10: The Dance
Chapter 12: Cold and Wet and In Love
Chapter 13: Intimate Love
Chapter 14: A Chatty Little Breakfast
Chapter 15: Cheating?
Chapter 16: Why Such Petty Jealousy?
Chapter 17: The Sexy Kitty, the Half-Blood Prince, and the Beautiful Sirius
Chapter 18: Party Time!
Chapter 19: Party = Broken
Chapter 20: Some Much-Needed Making Up

Chap 11: Morning After *or* How Many Friends are Left

13 0 0
By MaxWolfe

*note the ** around or. it's not part of the title. I just don't know which I like better. XD*

In the morning I wake up on my bed although I was still in my clothes from the dance. I looked around and Lily was sitting on her bed watching me. She looked like she had been crying. "I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed before I could say anything.  I shook my head. "I shouldn't have said anything!" She gets up and walks over to me. I pull my legs under and she sits next to me. 

"It alright. I kissed Severus. I shouldn't have. It was my fault," I say. I look down at my hands. I took a deep breath before looking up at her.

"Please tell me you don't hate me! What could I do to make you forgive me?" 

"Could  you . . . . could you try and get Remus and them to forgive me? If you can't do that . . . . just . . don't ever leave me!" I say. She nods and rests her head on my shoulder.

"I'll do both." I wrap my arm around her. I rest my head against hers.

"Thank you, Lily," I whisper. She nods and yawns. Suddenly all her weight is on me and I can barely hold her up. She must have fallen asleep. I slowly lay her down on my bed. I walk to my trunk, search through my clothes, grab a Wicked Sisters T- and blue jeans, and get dressed quickly. I rub my eyes and realize my makeup was still on. I summoned a wet wash cloth and wipe down my face. I drop it on my trunk when finished. I head downstairs.

Sitting around the fire were the boys. They were playing exploding snap, well Sirius and James were. Remus sat beside them switching between reading and watching them play. He walked over and sat in my rocking chair. Sirius looked up at me. The other two kept watching/playing. I sighed and rocked in my chair. Sirius went back to playing.

I leaned my head back and turned to look at Alice and Frank who were talking. I smiled at them. They make such a great couple! My mind started to wander and it landed on Severus.

I shouldn't tell him about what happened he'd get mad. But I kind of want to tell him; maybe he'd tell them that it all meant nothing last night. That it was between friends. Sadly, I don't think the boys would listen since it's Severus after all. I just hope Lily can convince them. I turn as I notice Lily walking over. She sits between Sirius and James. I have a feeling that Sirius doesn't care much about me kissing Severus.

"Hey, guys," she says cheerfully. The smile and James puts his arm around her.

"Hello there, love," he says. She smiles.

"Hey, Lily," Sirius and Remus say simultaneously.

"So how are you boys?" she asks.

"Fine now," James says. She kisses his cheek.

"Where you missing me?" He puts his head on the crook of her neck and mutters something. She laughs and pushes him away.

"Well I'm doing fine, thanks for your concern," Remus says. Lily looks at him.

"Don't bite my head off!" she exclaims. He closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I'm sorry, Lily. I'm cranky. I didn't sleep well last night," he replies.

"I bet. I'm sorry. I really shouldn't have said anything last night. I was tired and getting silly and said whatever was on my mind," she says. He shook his head.

"I'm glad you told me. I wouldn't want to find out by catching the two of them off in a boom cupboard making out," he says. I stand up.

"I would not go off and make out with him in a broom cupboard!" I exclaim. Remus and James look up at me.

"Oh, hello there. I didn't realize you were there," James says. I roll my eyes.

"The chair creaks as it rocks! How could you not know?" I exclaims. He shrugs and turns back to the game. Sirius had dropped his cards, ignoring the game. He was looking at Remus.

"This conversation wasn't meant for you," Remus says. I sigh.

"I still wouldn't have done that! I was just like Lily last night: silly, confused, and not thinking straight!" I say.

"You didn't seem that way when talking to us," James mutters.

"You two sobered her up!" Sirius butts in. James and Remus look at him. "How could anyone not think straight when they've basically just been accused of cheating?"

"What, so you're on her side now?" James asks.

"Maybe I am! I don't want to see her crying again like she was last night! Maybe with Snape she'll actually be happy and never cry!" Sirius says. I smile at him and he stands up. He walks over and takes my hand. "How about we go to breakfast?" I grin and nod.

"Sure! I'm starving!" I reply. He smiles.

"When aren't you?" I giggle and Lily stands up.

"I'll join you guys!" she says. I grin. We walk down to the Great Hall. It looks nothing like it did last night.

We sat at our house table and I sat on Sirius's left side with Lily on my other side. Sirius kept his arm around me and his hand on my left hip. "Why are you being so kind?" I ask Sirius.

"You lost Remus, you shouldn't lose all your friends, too. I don't like when my best friends are sad," he says. I smile at him.

"Thank you," I whisper happily. I lean my head on his shoulder and we finish eating in happy, companionable silence.

After breakfast we decide to go outside and go for a walk. Lily figured that since it's more than likely going to rain James wouldn't go outside. Sirius had his arm around me for comfort. She, apparently, was wrong. We run into Remus and James on our way. James walks right into me and Sirius, splitting us up. Remus, though, rams our shoulders together making me fall over. He turns to look at me. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" he asks, very sarcastically at that. I give him a small glare. "Oh, well, than you know a fraction of how I feel." Sirius walks over to him. He grabs his shirt.

"I know she hurt you. I know that you think she betrayed you. That doesn't give you an excuse to knock a girl down. It was late, there's no way she was thinking straight, lay off her. You don't need to be so damn cruel to the poor girl," he says angrily. Remus shoves him away.

"Why are you on her side? Why aren't you on ours' like you were last night?" James asks. Sirius turned around and helped me up.

"How do you know what she was thinking?" Remus added

"Maybe she meant exactly to kiss him. I guess I don't really know. But that doesn't mean she deserves to lose her friends. Unless she physically stabbed you in the chest and ripped your heart out, you don't need to be so dramatic about your feelings. She ripped my heart out and stomped on. She didn't give a fuck about how that would affect my heart." Sirius turned to the two boys. "Oh blah-blah! Know of us know how she feels right now. You didn't just lose a girlfriend, Remus! Kit also lost her boyfriend! How do you know she's not ready to cry her eyes out but she's staying strong for me and Lily?"

"What are you so suddenly, gay?" James jabs. Sirius glares.

"Even if he was, that's none of your business now, James!" I exclaim, sticking up for him. James rolled his eyes.

"I have disowned you, not Sirius," he replies. Sirius shakes his head.

"But I've disowned you." He puts his arm around my shoulders, turns us around, and walks outside.

Once we were ten steps outside we realized it was pouring. I sank to my knees. I wanted to cry. Sirius stuck up for me when he didn't have to! He's defying his best friends for me! He shouldn't have to do that! This is my entire fault! I've split us up! They should just stay away! Why does he care so much? I started crying, head on my hands. I realized hands were on my back but I didn't do anything about them. I just wanted Sirius to go back to being the loveable, loyal friend he was. But he needs to be with James and Remus not me and Lily. And that made me cry harder.

"Calm down, sweetie," Lily cooed in my ear. I wrapped my arms around her neck and cried on her shoulder. She rubbed my back lightly. "Just calm down, tell me what's wrong." I sniffled and shook my head. She sighed and I hugged her tighter. She left one hand on my back but the other moved to stroke the back of my head and hair. "It's alright, sweetie. Trust me, everything will be fine."

Of course I trusted my best friend. I always have because Lily has always been with me. But with this, I just couldn't. She can't see into the future and even if she could, nothing is definite. I sniffled and hiccoughed as I cried. It wasn't long before I passed out on her shoulder.

~Dunno if it's to short, hope not! It just felt like a good ending of a chappie!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 74 13
The marauders are starting their last year at Hogwarts. Unfortunately, there are being confronted to a brand new situation. This is a little tribute...
1.4M 62K 102
Join the Marauders for their final months at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as they fight for their friends and family, revise for their...
4.1K 264 50
The Marauders are enjoying their time Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Little do they know that Soviet wizards are assisting a man named T...
7.5K 239 26
"we were likely to never happen"