My Stolen Kiss / Draft

By yelling_nothing

La Douleur Exquise (n.) the heart-wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable - When Kait... More

Sufficiency
Chapter 1
γ…‡ Whispers γ…‡
γ…‡ Best Friend γ…‡
γ…‡ Destroyable γ…‡
γ…‡ Luck γ…‡
γ…‡ Noticed γ…‡
γ…‡ Sons γ…‡
γ…‡ Nick γ…‡
γ…‡ Intelligence γ…‡
γ…‡ Motherly Love γ…‡
γ…‡ Coldness γ…‡
γ…‡ Determination γ…‡
γ…‡ Hardship γ…‡
γ…‡ Images γ…‡
γ…‡ Blackmail γ…‡
γ…‡ Studying pt.1 γ…‡
γ…‡ Studying pt. 2 γ…‡
γ…‡ Celebrating γ…‡
γ…‡ Success γ…‡
γ…‡ Charming γ…‡
γ…‡ Frustration γ…‡
γ…‡ Nosy γ…‡
γ…‡ Fail γ…‡
γ…‡ Homemade γ…‡
γ…‡ Summer school γ…‡
γ…‡ Tennis γ…‡
γ…‡ Reunion γ…‡
γ…‡ Accidents? γ…‡
γ…‡ Food γ…‡
γ…‡ Physical γ…‡
γ…‡ New year γ…‡
γ…‡ College γ…‡
γ…‡ Sickness γ…‡
γ…‡ Charm γ…‡
γ…‡ Worried γ…‡
γ…‡ Health Problems γ…‡
γ…‡ Chocolate γ…‡
γ…‡ Seniors γ…‡
γ…‡ Button γ…‡
γ…‡ Graduation Party pt. 1 γ…‡
γ…‡Graduation Party Pt. 2γ…‡
γ…‡ Graduation Party pt. 3 γ…‡
γ…‡ First Day γ…‡
γ…‡ Clubs γ…‡
γ…‡ Evil Sam γ…‡
γ…‡ Aching γ…‡
γ…‡Moving out
γ…‡Doubles
γ…‡Practice
γ…‡Achievement
Mistake
Movie?
Date Pt. 1
Date Pt. 2
CafΓ©
Together
Alyssa
Luke
Sleep pt. 1
Sleep pt. 2
Boyfriend
Party? Pt.1
Party? Pt. 2
Therapy
Pearl
Lunch Box
Self-conscious
Is it true?
Her
Punished
DΓ©jΓ  Vu
How dare you?
Family party
Fate
Is he the one?
γ…‡ The Unthinkable γ…‡

Job

3.8K 141 18
By yelling_nothing

Authors Note
Late update sorry, I finally finished the book for school!! Happy Reading ^.^

Dedication : @juliatranjj1

"Is that a compliment?" ~ Kaitlin Jackson

Chapter 64
----------------------

The relationship between Nick and I hasn't changed at all, but the season has changed. Now it's spring time again and a new school year is starting again. We were all able to advance to the second year of college, aka, sophomore year. Kings borough University is welcoming new students, including new tennis club members.

"I'm Sam, the 54th tennis club leader presenting the new students, I would like to have a word from you. Go ahead." Sam said, Alyssa, Elizabeth's younger sister took a step forward.

"I'm a KingsBorough University student majoring in law, my name is Alyssa Welting. I am the champion of last year's national tournament for woman. My goal in college is exactly the same, to win the tournament, and. . ." She took even more steps forward. "To win Nick's heart. Pleased to meet you." She turned around and continued to walk back. I turned to look at Elizabeth.

"What exactly are you teaching your sister?" I said.

"That's what I want to ask!" She said

*** 

" We're finally second year students, honestly it weird to be called "Senior," Jade said.

"I know. I still feel like a new student." I looked at Sasha. "What are you reading that's so interesting?" I asked.

"Oh, this? Well, starting tomorrow, I'll be working part-time at this magazine's editorial office!" She said,

"What?!" I said,

"Well, we should all start thinking about jobs for after we graduate, right? I've always wanted to work in an editorial office, for a woman's magazine. I've approached them so many times, and finally they accepted me." She added.

"That's amazing Sasha." I said smiling.

"In the beginning, I'm going to serve coffee and do chores, but I feel like at the starting line. I'll try my best." She said, Jade and I smiled at her.

"Kaitlin, what are you doing for your future prospects? Do you think you'll marry into the Louis family when you graduate?!" Jade  said teasing me.

"No way! Wait, but I've never thought about a job." I said.

"You better find start and find something now." Sasha added.

"She's right, you are too relaxed. Next year we are all going to start looking for a job. We need to start researching and looking into some. I want to work for a recording company or in music production." She said.

"Really?! Is that because of Elijah?!" Sasha said excitedly.

"In the beginning I just wanted to support him, but I gained interest in the indie music scene. I want to get a job where I can discover new bands and make them famous internationally." She said.

"What is my dream for the future?" I asked. I could just imagine, white and red everywhere, those would be my wedding colors. Here I go again experiencing déjà vu. I didn't realize that everyone  was already moving towards their dream.

***

"We want to have a party to celebrate you and Nick advancing to the next year of college." Mrs. Louis said. WE were washing the dishes together, I looked at her, my drop almost touching the floor.

"So Nick will come home for the party?" I said placing the cup down.

"Of course." She said smiling. " How can it be a party without a lead?

"Ah! It's been a while since he came back here to visit."

"It's about time for you to step up to the challenge, Kaitlin." She added.

"What?" I asked.

"The new school year has started and there is a new rival, that has entered the college." she threw the rag down into the sink and slammed a picture onto the fridge. It was Alyssa

"When did you get this, Mrs. Louis?"

"She is a bit cute, and she might be better at playing tennis than her big sister. She's absolutely no good! I feel like she is weak in a tough situation. If something happens she will move onto another guy instantly. Unlike you, who will love Nick no matter what happens, she doesn't have the indomitable spirit that you have." She said. I was worried.

"Is that a compliment?"

"Good luck Kaitlin, you're a second year, and you're turning 19 this year. It looks like the future when we become a family is coming soon! You have to take a big step this year, okay?" She said excitedly, holding my hands.

"Yes!" I said agreeing with her.

***

I was in class, Jade was sitting next to me.

"Sasha's really late. We're about to start." I said to her.

"It's time already." She said looking around, a figure showed up.

"Oh! There she is." I said.

"You barely made it." Jade said to her.

"I was working late last night, I didn't get any sleep." She said sitting down.

"You stayed up all night? Are you okay?" I looked at her with worry.

"I was up all night, so that I could turn in the manuscripts in to the publisher, everyone was giving in their all. The more everyone worked the better the articles got. Even an unprofessional person life me could tell. Magazines are like creatures, just being there made me so excited. I really enjoy doing the job." She said,

"I totally understand how you feel." Jade responded.

***

"I'm so tired," Sasha complained.

"Me too, I'm hungry." I complained.

"WHat are you doing for lunch today? Do you want to go to the cafeteria?" I asked.

"Sorry, I have to work this afternoon." Sasha said.

"Me too. I'm having lunch with a girl who works at a music company. I'm sorry." Jade said, they both said sorry as, one went walking to the left of me and the other left towards the right.

***

I was inside the cafeteria eating lunch, which was just a sub. I took a bit and smiled, food always made me smile. I looked up.

"Keith." I said looking at him. He had a plate in his hands.

"Can you try this?" He placed the small plate in front of me, the substance jiggled.

"Sure, but what is it?" I asked poking the substance.

"I might be able to have my dish on the menu at Jackson, thats why..."I interrupted him.

"Your dish will be served at the restaurant?! Wow!" I said amazed looking down at the plate.

"Just one dish, and on top of that, it's only a dish that comes before your drink." I picked up the small plate and observed it. "More over it will only happen if boss tries it and give the okay. It will take years for someone like me to have full course meal at a restaurant." I didn't realize he has sat next to me, I smiled and shook my head.

"But this is great!" I said. He chuckled.

"Tell me that after you taste it." I giggled.

"Well then, I'll have some. Let's see..." I said picking up a fork and taking a bit off, it was jello. I placed the piece into my mouth. It was chewy, which is something you always want, for gelatin. I smiled. "It's really good, you were always great at cooking, since highschool, but this is very different from then, this taste very professional." I said.

"Are you telling the truth? Then why did you make the un satisfied face earlier." He said.

"I thought... That every one was doing amazingly," I was referring to Jade with her music, Sasha with her job and now Keith with his cooking. "You, Jade, and Sasha have found what you want to do and are taking steps towards your dreams. But... I've thought about how only I ha want found out what I want to do." I looked down at my hands.

"Everyone has their own pace. You just have to find something at your own pace, you see?" He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, how did you feel when you decided to become a chef? How did you know that was what you wanted to do?" I asked.

"Hmm, how did I know... No this is not something that you need to think of. Just like falling in love with someone."

"Like falling in love with someone?" I repeated.

"Right. When you fall in love with someone, you don't need to think about why, you just know it. Like ' Oh. I love this person. ' It's the same." You don't need to think about anything difficult. You get excited and enjoy being with him. You want to stay together forever, you just realize that you've been doing it all the time." He said.

"Oh, I see. But the job that allows you to stay with someone you love and the job that you love are different."

"What?" He asked.

"For example, if the person I love is the president of a company. I want to be his secretary. If the person I love was a pilot, I want to be a flight attendant. If he was a tennis player I want to be his manager that takes care of his schedule. If he was a university professor I want to become his assistant. I dream about my future, but there is a problem I those dreams. Depending on what the person I love wants to do. What I want to do, keeps changing. That's not what I want to do is it. I can't call it my life's dream." I said, I looked up at Keith he was concentrated

"Keith?"  He looked at me.

"Then, if the person you love was a chef, you would be the female owner of the restaurant right? It's great to live to support someone else's dream. A man wants to make a woman like that happy. I think you will be a great restaurant owner." He said smiling.

"Oh, Keith stop playing around!" I said hitting his shoulder.

Author's Note
Extra long chapter with more Keith in it! Happy reading ^.^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 268 5
Alexa Allen is a college drop out living in LA with a lunatic roommate and an unsual job that pays enough money to keep up her less than glamorous LA...
609K 13.7K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
47.5K 1.6K 28
*Written 2017* *Edited 2022* Hello there ^^ I hope you will like my ff, this is the first time I write one. I have a lot of ideas so have fun by read...
3.3K 18 3
a series of letter to him about how we met, how we became friends, were there for one another, cared for each other and how we ruined that friendship...