The Things She Never Spoke Of

Od Pineapplehater

Everyone has things they don't want to talk about. Those things may cause sadness or pain, therefore she does... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 17

4.8K 227 119
Od Pineapplehater

Lucy POV:
A loud slam awakes me from my slumber.

"Natsu! We're home!" a girl's voice squeaked.

My eyes flutter open to see a half asleep Natsu above me.

Realizing my position, a blush creeps onto my cheeks as I quickly sit up.

A girl with long, dark blue hair appears in front of Natsu and I.

She wears the same uniform as us, but her sweater is a dark navy.

"Hi Big Brother!" the young girl shrieks as she jumps into Natsu's lap.

Unfazed by the sudden outburst, Natsu replies while rubbing his tried eyes, "Hey Wendy."

Wendy, Natsu's little sister, looks towards me in confusion.

"Hey Natsu," she curiously asks while pointing at me, "who's this? Is she a friend of yours?"

Natsu smiles and answers, "This is Lucy, and yes she's one of my friends."

Wendy gets off of his lap and scoots closer to me. She puts out her hand and politely says, "I'm Wendy! It's nice to meet you Lucy!"

I accept her hand and say, "It's nice to meet you too, Wendy."

"What grade are you in?" I ask her.

"I'm in 7th grade! I go to Fairy Middle, but in two years I'll be going to Fairy High! I'll get to wear your uniform, and I'll have a big locker. It's gonna be great!" Wendy excitedly answers.

A giggle escapes my mouth during her excitement.

"What's so funny?" She questions.

"Nothing, it's just that you're so cute!" I admit.

Wendy lets out a short laugh as well.

"Thank you, but I think you're the prettiest one here." Wendy compliments.

"Aw thank you!" I reply with a smile.

Looking up towards Natsu, who's grin has grown bigger, I question, "What time is it?"

"Um, let's see," he says as he reaches for his phone in his pocket, "it's... 9:30!"

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Natsu offers.

"Sure!" I accept.

"I'll see you later Wendy!" I say while gathering my things.

"Okay! Bye!" Wendy exclaims.

"Bye Mrs. Grandeeney!" I shout while approaching the front door.

"Bye Lucy! Maybe next time we all could have dinner? Say tomorrow?" She suggests

"I'd love to." I respond.

Natsu holds the door open for me as I give Grandeeney and Wendy one last wave.

Together, Natsu and I walk outside into the cool night air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about ten minutes we arrive at my house.

Looking up at the steps and then back at him, I give Natsu a hug.

A little taken back by my action, it takes him a moment before he returns my hug.

"I had fun this afternoon, thank you Natsu."

"No problem." He responds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu POV:
"Also," I state, "thank you for talking to Wendy; I think she really likes you."

"No problem!" she says, repeating my words.

Once she releases from the hug, Lucy heads up the steps and towards her front door.

Turning around to walk home, I say, "Bye Luce, I'll see you tomorrow."

She looks back at me with a warm smile and slightly pink cheeks, and replies, "Bye Natsu. Oh and just so you know, you look cute when you're asleep."

Thinking back to when I said that about her as well, my cheeks instantly heat up.

"T-thanks." I stutter and begin to walk home.

When I feel like I'm close enough away, my eyes glance back at her.

Lucy's hand grazes the doorknob.

Her expression, once again, shows hesitation and discomfort as she turns the knob and walks inside.

"Luce..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy POV:
As I enter my house, I immediately feel his presence.

"It's a little late don't you think?" My father states.

No response comes from my lips.

"Or we're you too busy with that boy of yours? What's his name? Natsu is it?" he interrogates with a sly grin.

My eyes widen in shock by the fact that he knows Natsu, and more so that he knows his name.

"By the look on your face, I'm guessing I was correct?" My father laughs.

"You know," he continues, "you really should introduce him to me. Fathers like to know who their sweet little daughters are shackin' up with, especially me. Now, my whore of a daughter, would you be so kind and bring him over? I'd like to have a little 'chat' with him." My father asks as his smirk gets bigger.

My fists clench up.

"If not I'll just 'chat' with you instead... your choice." He states.

My response is the spread out of my arms. On either side of me, my arms are stretched, inviting him to come and hit me.

"I deserve this, because it's my fault. But, I'd rather him hurt me than Natsu. He'll never get to him! Or my friends! Not over my cold, dead body!"

Gladly taking the invitation, my father bears his fangs and charges over.

Starting with punches to the chest and stomach, he soon turns to kicking and slapping of the face and chest.

"I knew you were a dumb hoe, but now you've just proven me more!" My father snickers.

He places his final punch on my left cheek, and retreats to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once on my feet, I walk upstairs to get ready for bed.

Opening my bedroom door, I go into my closet and get some pajamas.

I slip into my white t-shirt and pink shorts, and climb into bed.

Reaching down to the floor, I grab one of the books I got when Levy and I visited the library.

I switch on the lamp near my bed and begin reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I make it midway through the book, I check my phone for the time.

Eleven-thirty shines back at me in bright, white numbers.

Feeling like I should get some sleep, I mark my spot in my book and set in gently on the ground.

Still holding my phone, I bring it up to my face. 

My gaze moves to my home screen photo.

It's a photo that we took at the boardwalk.

Erza's smiling and Jellal is behind her giving her bunnies ears while wearing a humorous smirk.

Juvia is hugging Gray, while he tries to pull her off, as usual.

Levy is grinning while using her fingers to make Gajeel's mouth form a smile, but it turns out to be a weird half smile since she can barely reach his mouth.

Lastly, Natsu has his arm around me while smiling, and I, who's grinning as well, makes a peace sigh with my hand.

Finally, I set my phone down on my bedside table and close my eyes.

"I'll never let him hurt you guys, I promise."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

269K 9.9K 47
Natsu is the playboy... But there's a reason Lucy pretends to be other people.. The usual gangs have relationship problems... But theres a reason The...
41.1K 1.7K 26
"So.." he began, shifting to look at her now instead. "Why'd you leave?" There it was, the question she had dreaded from the start. Lucy closed her e...
147K 3.6K 53
Lucy heartfilia is mute she has been like that since she was 10,she had been through a lot she was now 17 years old. she use to have a mother and fat...
3.8K 202 24
Silence. People call it good, people call it bad. I think it's the best and worst sound for a musician named Erza Scarlet. She had the knowledge of m...