Heart Broken (ShadAmy)

By EmeraldTK

Almost everything that falls in love with me ends up broken. Why must I ruin everything? Does this mean tha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Interview
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One

Chapter Fourty Two

931 36 73
By EmeraldTK

Hey guys. This might be the last chapter of Heart Broken. I actually should have uploaded this awhile ago (so that I end the book the same time the year ends if you know what I mean). But then I was like "nah" because I was too lazy! But I just want to thank all of you for the support and for even reading this book and for of course sticking with me until the very end. Now someone gave me a special idea, like I can make short Christmas specials or Valentines day specials, like a mini series for you guys to read since some of you would  probably want to see what happens when these guys graduate. Now I already started a different book called Royal Love. I am really confident about that book, I think that so far it's the best book that I'm working on, the plot gets me so excited and I can't wait for you guys to honestly read that book. This book is special because there is no stupid high school drama in it, it focuses mainly on Amy and Shadow and the love they have and will experience. Yes there will be times when they get torn apart but they act so cute and I honestly love writing that story, when I get a new idea I get so excited because I can't wait for you all to read and enjoy that book. Anyways I want to thank y'all again for supporting and enjoying Heart Broken. This book probably wouldn't have been a thing if you didn't stay by my side. Now on with the chapter. Enjoy!

-Shadow's POV At The School Dance/Ball-

The lights are dimmed and everyone is slow dancing with a partner, I looked down on Amy's beautiful face, she used makeup to cover up the black eye she had, it may have actually been three days but it felt like it's been forever since it all happened  because Amy and I have been seeing each other everyday since then,  she doesn't act like anything has even happened. She's still completely confident and strong, just like she always have been.

"So do you really think it's a good idea to get back together?" I questioned.

"Yeah, this time I'm not gonna let crap split us apart again," Amy giggled, I chuckled as we continued dancing.

"But did you think that the restraining order was really necessary?"  I asked, Amy laughed once again.

"Yes. yes it was," She replied. Suddenly the music stopped, everyone stopped dancing and looked at the stage to see Blaze standing there alone.

"May I have everyone's attention please?" Blaze questioned, the room fell silent.

"May I have all the contestants for the king, queen, princess, and prince of the ball stand on the stage please?" Blaze told the crowd, the crowd started to get loud again, and people started moving around, I glanced at Amy who gave me a nervous smile, held my hand then walked near the stage but then something caught my attention which I could tell caught Amy's attention as well.  When we both turn our heads we could see Sally, Sonic and Manic all bickering.  Then Sally just walked off  with Manic, Amy walked  over to Sonic who looked annoyed.

"Hey, what's up?" Amy asked.

"Sally said we were supposed to team up together, but then she ditched me for Manic on short notice. Apparently Manic didn't even know that she asked me," Sonic explained, Amy sighed and rolled her eyes.

"I honestly didn't know what you saw in her from the beginning," Amy stated with a smile, Sonic looked at Amy and smirked, oh right, I forgot they're friends.\

"Wow Amy, you're so sympathetic," Sonic stated sarcastically.

"I know, so does this mean you two are over?" Amy asked. Sonic stayed silent for a bit with a confused  look on his little face.

"We were never even a thing to begin with, so I guess no," He answered.

"Well then why don't you just find somebody else  to compete with then?" I wondered.

"Are you allowed to do that?" Sonic questioned back, I could see hope started to fill in his eyes. Amy just shrugged.

"They wouldn't care. Just give them your names before they start," Amy stated.

"Oh... so who do you think would want to compete with me?" Sonic asked, Amy just chuckled.

"You're Sonic the hedgehog, if you weren't my partner this year any girl would literally fight over you," Amy mentioned, as Sonic and Amy were talking I examined the room.  There is a lot of girls without dates here, many cute ones for Sonic, but then I saw Maria. She's just sitting there by herself on her phone, she's not even with her friends, she's just there. And she looks busy. Well Maria is my friend and although I understand that I may be competing against her, she doesn't deserve to be alone like that tonight.

"What about Maria?" I suggested, Sonic's face brightened up and filled with determination.

"Yeaaahhh.... that's a great idea," Amy admitted.

"Yeah.... I always sorta thought Maria was cute, I just didn't give her any attention," Sonic said.

"Yeah, that's because you were always to busy flirting with my girl," I said with some bitterness in my tone, Amy giggled and Sonic laughed a bit.

"Shadow. Chill. Anyways I think I'm gonna ask her right now, thanks guys," Sonic said before walking away, then Amy and I walked to the stage. Once everyone was on the stage with their partners, including Sonic and Maria, Blaze the cat had continued to speak.

"So we are doing things a bit differently this year. Not only are we going to let you decide, but we are letting you decide by taking a small interview with each partner," Blaze told everyone.

"Now all participants, please make your way backstage and wait for your name to be called," Blaze told everyone, everyone slowly shuffled their way backstage, couples went to talk to everyone, one by one. I noticed Amy seemed pretty nervous when she saw Perci. This year Amy has a goal and that goal is to prove herself better than Perci before Perci can graduate and as her boyfriend I am glad to help her achieve her goal. 

-Amy's POV-

I watched Perci and her partner get interviewed backstage, her partner's name was Andrew or something and their interview is going on so perfectly, I know that beating her may not sound important but it is. I don't want her to outshine me so easily anymore, I want to prove that I can do well just as Perci, Perci is envied by all the girls in school and all the boys in school want to get with her. None of that really matters to me what matters is that I  can accomplish something huge... I  was raised to be a winner....  so that's who I want to be right now.

"So Perci, because you are graduating this year... what are your plans after you graduate?" Blaze questioned her.

"Well I plan   on taking over the family business, but I also plan on taking it to a new direction.  I want  to start a fundraiser to children in need," Perci admitted, the crowd automatically cheered for her. She's too good, how do I even top that? I have no idea what would be in store for my future, so how exactly does Perci know? I turned to Shadow with a frown on my face.

"We.... might not exactly win... Shadow," I stated.

"Don't say that, of course we will," Shadow stated.

"Probably not actually... look at the questions they are giving her," I said.

"Perci, since you are so into charities, what have you done so far?" Blaze asked Perci.

"Well I have  donated to about twelve charities this year and have done some charity work with my family as well," Perci replied with a bright smile, I groaned as the crowd cheered louder.

"Amy, you are not Perci. You don't have to be her to beat her, you may not realize it but you have so much potential and you have come so far. Whether you become queen of this stupid ball or not, you're still my queen. And I love you," Shadow stated, his words almost made me tear up. That's what I love about Shadow he always knows the right things to say. Once I noticed the crowd cheering louder I looked around to see Perci and Andrew walking backstage, their interview is done.

"And now for an interview with Maria and Sonic, welcome them onto the stage everyone!" Blaze shouted, the crowd continued to roar as Sonic held Maria's hand as they walked on the stage. Maria isn't the type of girl who loves attention as much, so when I look at Sonic holding Maria's hand I think of it as Sonic comforting Maria so she wouldn't be nervous, and it looked like it worked because Maria looks more collected,  she was looking at Sonic most of the time but when Sonic looked back at her, she blushed and  looked back on the floor. Once they sat down Maria refused to look at the crowd, she either looked at Blaze or Sonic.

"So... I heard there has been a misunderstanding or confusion that brought you two together for this. May you explain what happened?" Blaze questioned.

"Well  it seems one of the contestants lost interest with me and participated with someone else, it's okay though because I think I would rather have a nice and loyal partner like Maria instead," Sonic admitted.

"Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh," The crowd sang, Shadow and I threw our heads back and laughed so hard. Even in front of everyone on stage, Sonic  can still manage to throw shade. Once the crowd started to quiet down a bit Blaze continued to talk.

"Oh well I see there is something sketchy going on, well as much as I would love to get into details, it is against the rules. So thanks for the hot tea Sonic, but we have to move on," Blaze said with an encouraging smile, Sonic and Maria gave each other high fives.

"Awwwww!" The crowd protested.

"So, what is three benefits or good things you see in your partner?" Blaze asked while ignoring the protesting crowd.

"Well there are many things to say about Sonic but I believe he is more than just a fast hedgehog. I think he is clever, kind and honest, he carries characteristics  of a true hero and that's why so many people love him. I wish I had gotten to know you sooner, Sonic the hedgehog," Maria said while looking straight into Sonic's green eyes. I stared at Maria with my eyes wide open. Wow Maria has more game than me.

"Awwww!" The crowd squealed, I noticed that Sonic was blushing as Maria stared at him, then Maria quickly looked away, I chuckled.

"They are so gonna be dating soon, I'm calling it right now,"  I told Shadow.

"I'm with you on that," Shadow admitted.

"Well isn't that cute, Sonic what are your thoughts on Maria?" Blaze asked.

"W-well because I want to be honest I have to say that she is very smart, kind and... uhhh... pretty," Sonic said then quickly facepalmed, as the crowd cheered again Shadow and I were laughing so hard. The reason why it was funny is because Sonic doesn't open up to people like that, not even me,  well yeah Sonic and I used to have our moments but hardly ever, he would always get flustered and not look at me in my own eyes, which I thought was pretty cute, but this however, is comedy gold. It's comedy gold because this time he is in front of the whole school and he still confessed that, I have to give Sonic a pat on the back for saying that though,  I didn't know  he had that in him. Maybe Sonic would  be a good match with Maria... he just needs a bit more work, I'm sure Maria can handle him.

"You guys would make such a cute couple! Do you think after this you can hit it off, or are you really gonna stay friends?"  Blaze questioned, both Maria and Sonic's face turned red, Shadow and I couldn't contain our laughter at all,  if this continues we might be rolling on the floor.

"W-w-well I don't know! I mean I don't think so! I-it's not that Sonic isn't a good guy I-I just--" Maria stuttered.

"N-no! Maria doesn't like me--not that I don't like her, we just teamed up a-and I don't know!" Sonic yelled, well they seem to be entertaining the crowd well.

"I can't watch these two idiots anymore, I'm going to go somewhere else," I told Shadow with a chuckle.

-Later-

I stood alone and watched Mina do her interview from one of the television screens backstage, she might actually do well. The interview is actually going amazing, I heard some footsteps come my way, I turned my head to actually see Shadow, I smiled at the sight of him.

"Hey," I greeted him.

"Hey," He said back.

"Well thank you for the interview, now everyone, get ready for Shadow and Amy!" Blaze yelled. I weakly smiled at Shadow, he came over and  gave me his hand, I held it and followed him back onto the stage, the crowd roared with excitement, I smiled and waved at everyone I looked at Shadow while we were walking.

"Don't worry, you will be just fine. No matter what happens I am here for you, and I love you," Shadow stated, I felt my cheeks warm up and I knew they were blushing a shade of rosy  red Shadow and I continued to  walk until we finally took a seat.

"Well I have heard that you both have been through a lot, could you explain?" Blaze questioned.

"Shadow and I have been through a lot, we learned to trust each other and we know how to comfort each other as well. The relationship I have with Shadow isn't like one I had with any other hedgehog," I admitted.

"Awwwwwwwww," The crowd sang.

"So what do you think changed, like do you see something different in your partner's personality?"  Blaze asked. I actually have no idea what to say, Shadow has always been a great guy, and he dealt with my crap for a long time, he remained loyal the whole way through, he didn't have any flaws. He was just perfect, yeah the whole drinking thing was a let down but I can't tell anyone that, and that only happened because of Tikal and I. I'm also starting to feel like Shadow doesn't have anything to say about me either, people still see me as a mean slut...

"Actually I noticed  a lot has improved about Amy, she seems more mature and serious now about relationships. She wasn't before but now she knows what she wants, I don't  know if you guys noticed but Amelia has also became more kind. Believe it or not but Amy used to be insecure and wouldn't let anyone get too close to her, I could have given up on her a long time ago, but I couldn't, because I love her. I didn't care if she broke my heart or not, what you guys look at when you see Amy sometimes is her negatives, but under all of that was a sad beautiful girl who didn't know how to love someone, I'm glad I got to see such an interesting side of her, without parties or anything, she's more than just some popular girl, and I adore her because of that," Shadow said, the crowd cheered so loud and I was completely  speechless. What Shadow said was true,  I didn't really enjoy opening myself up to someone like Shadow, he put up with me throughout this whole time. He should have known I would have been bad news, but he loved me... and I love him... he doesn't care how many flaws I have so it doesn't even matter to him at all.

-Later- 

After a few more questions our interview ended, right now all contestants are on the stage, nervously shuffling around. We are about to find out who becomes princess and prince, the king and queen thing will be for later.

"Okay, so we counted up the votes, and there are many of you here. But the following people who will be running for princess and prince are.... Melissa and Scott, Sally and Manic, Konnor and Donna, Mina and Toby and Maria and Sonic! Congratulations, the rest of you will be running for king and queen," Blaze said as the crowd continued to cheer. That means Shadow and I get to continue going for king and queen! And Maria and Sonic made it! I ran  over to Maria and hugged her, we both jumped up and down while squealing as the crowd continued to cheer and everyone on stage congratulated each other. 

"Maria I can't believe it! With no promotion or campaign you still manage to be nominated as princess!" I yelled.

"And you're nominated as queen!" Maria yelled back, after fangirling for a little while we walked backstage, I caught Mina standing  by herself with a pout on her face.

"Awwwwwww! Looks like Mina is gonna have to settle for princess instead of queen," I teased her with a grin.

"Shut up, remember you're still going up against Perci, you probably don't stand a chance still," Mina reminded me with a grin. Oops! I almost forgot Perci wasn't nominated for princess too.

"Whatever, break a leg mongoose," I said before walking away.

-After The Princess And Prince Interviews-

Now it's time to find out who will be the princess and who will be the prince, everyone who was nominated for princess and prince were interviewed, I didn't watch any of them but I guess now  it will be time for the moment of truth.

"And the princess and prince of the ball is....." Blaze began, she opened up the envelope she had in her hands, all the nominees were on stage, Sonic and Maria held hands, once the envelope was finally opened Blaze read the the note that was inside it.

"Maria and Sonic!" She yelled, the crowd screamed and so did I, two people came to put crown's on both Maria's and Sonic's head, Maria and Sonic hugged each other  and two other people came with their trophies.

"Alright, well you guys will get your thrones later. Now it's time to interview the nominees for king and queen, everyone else please head backstage," Blaze ordered, everyone walked backstage,  Mina gave  me an angry look as she passed by.

"Don't you say a word," Mina snapped, I just chuckled.

"Well.... to be honest Mina, I actually thought you would be the one to win princess," I stated truthfully, it's true, Mina's campaign was straight up amazing,   it's actually pretty sad that someone who didn't even have a  campaign beat her though.

"R-really?" Mina questioned softly, I nodded my head.

"I still don't like you, but you have improved. You learned to not be a popular queen bee without being slutty... or in this case a popular princess.... or in this case nothing I guess," I said with a chuckle, Mina grinned.

"Oh shut up," She said before walking away. When I saw Maria I hugged her once again.

"Maria you won princess without a campaign! I don't know much about this school but I think you made history," I told her.

"Thank you! I hope you win queen Amy, good luck!" Maria said before walking away, after that I didn't even bother watching the kings and queens get interviewed again, I needed to keep myself under control. Perci went up and so did other people.... I need to convince them that  I would actually make a good queen. The kings and queens are actually interviewed separately.

"And now time to hear from Amy Rose," I heard my name called, I took a deep breath and walked out there to be greeted by a loud crowd, I smiled and waved at all of them. Seeing    them cheer like that gives me confidence. I sat down and looked at Blaze. It's time.

"Alright Amy, so what do you want to be when you grow up, and how are you gonna change the world?" Blaze questioned, these are the types of questions that I have to think about.

"Uuuhhhh.... I might take over the family business... and to change the world.... I would like to make it an even better place," I replied.

"And can you be more specific about that?" Blaze asked, I hesitated for about five seconds but quickly focused. 

"I don't know...  I wish to make people happy," Oh my I feel like I'm gonna lose, I might as well run off this stage right now.

"Okay.... what is some advice you have to give?" Blaze asked... again with these questions. What should I say?

"I... I..." It's done. I need to go now, I looked blankly at the crowd, they are all silent and are waiting for my answer, some people are eating and the rest are staring at me. You know what, I can't please them. I am gonna give them a real answer and what I think should be said.

"Well... I don't really have any. Because I'm still trying to improve myself, you all may think a queen has to be perfect and could have plans for the future and all,  but that's not true. I'm still young and I'm still trying to figure things out, yes I want to take over the family business but I want to take one step at a time..... people get so stressed out over things... over the future, but the pressure isn't worth it!  I'm sorry if this isn't an answer you want to hear but this is real, do whatever you want to do and don't let  people try to ruin what you have or let people tear you down... ever. I know a queen should be someone you should look up to for advice.... I gave you what I could....  I'm still a mess. And if you're not gonna vote for me because of that it's okay....   I hope you can take this advice, and I hope you will continue to feel great without people trying to knock you down," I stated, the crowd stayed silent for a second before people could applaud again, it was a standing ovation, all I could do was smile.

-Later-

"And the king and queens of the ball is......" Blaze started while opening another envelope, the nominees stood on the stage. I was scared, I held Shadow's   hand and waited, once the envelope was open Blaze read the note, looked at me, and gave me a sad look while shaking her head. I softly gasped. It's over. I didn't win. I may have not beat Perci but it's okay because as long as I have Shadow by my side I know that he will still love me, and that I spoke the truth.

"Amy and Shadow!" Blaze yelled, and yet another standing ovation, I couldn't help but scream, I won queen of the ball, the crowd cheered and two people came to give us our crowns and trophies,  I was so happy that I couldn't help myself, I kissed Shadow right there and then. He believed.

"Good job Amy, you deserved it," Perci admitted with a smile before walking away.

Anyways we got to have our own thrones, and so did the prince and princess, everyone danced and continued having a good time, people took pictures of us but right now Shadow and I are by ourselves in the school garden.

"I told you  it will be okay," Shadow  stated, I just giggled.

"Yeah, yeah,"  I said, Shadow looked at me in the eyes, he smiled at me and held  my hands.

"You know, I voted for you..." Shadow admitted, I felt my cheeks heat up again, I smiled.

"You did?" I asked, isn't that against the rules..... wait... I guess it isn't....

"Yeah... like twenty times," Shadow said before laughing again, I giggled.

"Shadow!" I yelled.

"Don't you worry.... you were winning way before that.... and it was actually only seven times... I didn't want to get caught, but I wanted to make you happy," Shadow said, I smiled. This is the exact same hedgehog who broke my heart, and I broke his as well.

"I love you," I stated.

"I love you too," He said, I leaned in and kissed him once again, this is going to be an amazing relationship... I could tell....

~Summary of Senior Year~

Amy and Shadow's relationship  became cuter almost every second of the day, they were loyal to each other and were the school's OTP.

Amy and Mina still hate each other, they are more mature but will continue being rivals, especially because since they plan on taking over the family business the companies are rivals themselves...

Mina isn't slutty anymore, but her and Amy are both the popular queen bees.

Knuckles and Rouge's relationship had less problems.

Blaze and Silver  were the school's golden couple right next to Shadow and Amy.

Cream learned to be herself and was also well known  at her school because of that.

During  senior year, Amy won queen of the ball once again with Shadow but Mina won princess with Espio as her prince.

There was drama throughout that year, but everyone over came it.

And Amy will hopefully remember that she loved the hedgehog who broke her heart.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 500 51
FNAF Song Lyrics!!! I take requests.
1.3M 58.8K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
608K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...