The Alpha War

Galing kay KatieCow

Katrina was a shy girl who kept to herself. Work and home, that was it. That was till she went to the bank an... Higit pa

Chapter One: The Robbery
Chapter Two: Strangers
Chapter Three Remembering
Chapter Four: Desires
Chapter Five: No Long a Girl
Recap
Chapter Six: The Library
Chapter Eight: Dinner
Chapter Nine: A Painful Weekend
Chapter Ten: The Perfect Date
Chapter Eleven: Almost Taken
Chapter Twelve: My Own Sexy Wolf Man
Chapter Thirteen: A New Family
Chapter Fourteen: A Scaring Past
Chapter Fifteen: Maybe I'm More...
Chapter Sixteen: Becoming Part of the Pack
Chapter Seventeen: The Lake
Chapter Eighteen: The Saving Grace
Chapter Nineteen: Tattoo
Chapter Twenty: Taken
Chapter Twenty-One:The Moonlight
Epilogue
Editing

Chapter Seven: Renger

522 11 7
Galing kay KatieCow

I woke to arms wrapped around me. It was hot and I slowly opened my eyes. Brent had his arms around my waist and a leg between mine. He was so cute. I lightly ran my fingers through his hair. He looked at peace. His head was rested on my chest and I slid my arms around him and rested my head back.

"Good morning." Brent tightened his arms around me.

"Morning," I replied.

He turned to look up at me. "How did you sleep?"

"Good, you?"

"Very good." Suddenly he pulled me down so I was level with him. "Everything is good with you."

Brent's lips pressed down on mine and I giggled as he slid his hand up my leg. "That's tickles!"

He grinned and I stopped laughing. "Oh crap." I tried to get free before Brent started tickling me but I was too slow. I gasped for air as he tickled me. "Brent I can't breathe!" I shouted between breaths but Brent only tickled me more whole laughing.

When Brent finally did stop my stomach hurt from laughing so much. Brent cupped my cheeks and kissed me with such passion I felt all my fears wash away to be replaced with love and compassion.

"I love you Amor," Brent said when he broke the kiss.

"I love you too," I said after a moment.

Brent grinned and kissed me again. It didn't matter that I had only been with him for three days. Brent was my “mate” as he put it and I couldn't live without him. My whole body knew him and I could never feel anything this strong for anyone else.

"Oh crap!" I glanced over at the clock as saw what time it was.

"What?" He looked over at the clock.

"I was supposed to be at work two hours ago." I started to get out of bed but Brent pulled me back.

"Don't worry Justin took care of it." He kissed me. "Stay."

"I have to get to work."

"Amor please stay with me today." He took my hand and kissed it. "After today I won't ask you to stay home again."

"Brent." I bit my lip. "Ok. And John knows I'm not coming in today and he's ok with it?"

"Yes." Brent pulled me onto his lap. "Now no more talk of work." He kissed me pulling me closer.

He turned us so I was laying on the bed with him on top of me. He slid his lips down to my neck but once he kissed the Mark I groaned and dug my nails into his back.

Fire and electricity ran through my body burning me with a fiery passion that consumed me. My head fell back and my back arched up.

"Mhmm Amor you taste so good."

Then I felt his teeth nipping at my skin. I moaned and tilted my head back more to give him more of my neck.

There was a knock on the door. "Alpha."

"What is it?" Brent growled.

"Something has come up," the voice replied.

Brent sighed. "Why don't you get cleaned up while I take care of this and then we can go out."

"Ok."

"Good." He kissed me and left the room.

I smiled as I watched him leave shirtless and shorts that hung down low. His body was sexy and I bit my lip.

For the first time I really looked around the bedroom. Everything was clean and in its place. The walls were a dark gray with black curtains. A book shelf and dresser lined one wall. The huge bed too up another with windows and then the TV. Clearly it was a males room but I didn't care. It smelled like Brent.

Once in the bathroom I pulled off his shirt and blushed at the thought of him changing me. I had been so tired I hadn't thought about him seeing me in my underwear and then I groaned. Earlier he had seen me in my underwear and heels.

"Don’t worry Amor I really liked it," he said reading my mind.

I looked in the mirror. "Get out of my head. You can't get to know everything about me and I nothing of you," I said crossing my arms.

"If you don't want me to come up there I suggest you look away from the mirror." I could hear him smirk.

It was then I noticed I was once again only in my underwear and quickly looked away.

As I got in the shower I thought about what Brent had said. 'I love you Amor.' He actually loves me. I knew it was beyond early to know that we were in love but Brent was something else. He was part of me. I had known from the moment I saw him in the bank I was doomed to love him forever.

I wrapped up in a towel and went back into the bedroom. My bag was nowhere in sight so I went to the closet. My jaw fell when I saw all the clothes. Half the closet was filled with dresses and other women's clothing. The drawers were the same, filled with women's undergarments.

Swallowing the lump in my throat and went and sat back down on the bed and tried not to cry. So I was the other girl. Brent already had a woman and I was the slut.

"Amor what is wrong?" Brent was kneeling in front of me. "Please Katrina talk to me." He ran his hands up and down my arms.

"I'm... you... you already have..." I chocked.

"What?"

I pointed to the clothes. "I found her clothes." Brent bursts out laughing. I shook my head. "What's so funny?" I looked up through my tears.

"Amor those are for you." He cupped my cheeks and kissed me. "I had one of the girls get those for you. Amor you're the only one. I don't have any other girl in my life." He gave me butterfly kisses. "I love you Katrina, only you." He wiped away my tears.

"Why would you get all those clothes?" I pulled my knees up. "There so beautiful."

"For a beautiful woman." Brent pulled my legs down and made me stand up. "I got you those because I wanted to get you clothes. I want to provide for you."

"Ok..."

He tilted my chin up. "You ok now?"

I nodded to which he smiled. "Ok now Tamara is gonna come help you get ready. I'll see you when you're done." He kissed me and then there was a knock. "Come in."

A woman entered. She was tall with long blond hair that curled around her

with beautiful blue eyes. She was beautiful and dressed amazingly in a knee length red dress with a black belt.

"Katrina this is Tamara, Justin's mate," Brent introduced. "Tamara this is Katrina."

He didn't say I was his mate and for some reason it made me mad. I clutched his hand with mine.

"Luna." She bowed her head. "It's nice to finally meet you. Brent hasn't stopped talking about you."

"Well I'll leave so you can get ready." Brent reached down and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him tighter. He grabbed my waist and deepened the kiss. When he finally pulled away he chuckled. "I know what you're doing and it's cute but not needed. Tamara is my cousin." He kissed my temple and left.

I bit my lip and fiddled my thumbs. Tamara smiled. "Well you most certainly have Brent whipped. He had me shopping or hours for you." She opened the closet. "Though I can't say I didn't enjoy it. I love shopping."

I followed her but crossed my arms. She pulled me in. "Don't worry I'll make you look amazing."

"I don't really do dresses," I said.

Tamara laughed. "You're the Luna now. You have to look the part."

"Look the part?"

She frowned. "Once you meet everyone you'll see. The Luna is the head image of the pack and with us we're a very formal and respectful." She started the search through the racks. "Here it is!" She pulled out a dress. "This will be perfect for you!"

"I don't know. I'm..."

"Don't worry Katrina you'll look amazing." She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bathroom.

"Damn," Brent said as I entered his office. He dropped the papers he was holding and came around his desk to me. "You look amazing."

Tamara had dressed me in a deep purple dress that had a crossed back with a black belt. My hair was curled with beach waves and Tamara had given me a smoky black eyeshadow with purple.

I did a little spin and Brent whistle. "Here I thought you couldn't look any better than last night but damn." He pulled me into his arms.

"Thanks." I blushed and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"You are too beautiful Amor." He slid his hand around my neck and kissed me. I felt the makeup and clothes strip away till it was just Brent and I and all that matter. It felt as if our souls twinned together.

"Alright you two just because you just found each other doesn't mean you have to suck face twenty four seven," Tamara said as she entered the office.

I blushed and Brent rolled his eyes. "As if you and Justin aren't even worse than when you first figured out you were mates."

She rolled her eyes. "Well I was going to see if you and Katrina would like to join us for lunch but now I won't. What a mean cousin you are."

"That's because you carry more of your mother's blood in you than your father's," Brent smirked. "But we'll join you. Where at?"

Once Tamara left Brent claimed my lips with his making my world stand still. "So what do you want to do today?" he asked when he broke the kiss.

"Umm..." My min was still clouded from his kiss and I couldn't think.

"Why don't we go for a drive in the mountains?" he suggested. "It's beautiful up there this time of season."

"I've never been," I admitted.

"Then it's settled." Brent clapped his hands together.

The drive was truly beautiful. The sun was warm on our skin and the breeze felt fresh. The trees were nice and green due to the new beginning of spring.

I put my hand out and felt the wind play with my fingers. Brent smiled over at me. "Enjoying yourself?"

"I told you I've never been up here. Most people don't come up this far. Too many weird things happen."

He chuckled. "If only you people knew the half of it."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

"My family owns this land. From the end of town to almost all of the mountains is ours."

My jaw dropped. His house and cars were nice so I knew he had money but for his family to own thousands of acres was unbelievable.

Brent reached over and took my hand. "I'll show you around when we move."

"Move?"

He smiled and turned back to driving. "You'll find out later."

I bit my lip. A part of me wanted to know what he meant but once he smiled my brain shut down and all I could think of was how sexy he looked with his sunglasses and the wind blowing his hair back. Brent really was the definition of man. Everything about him was so sexy and strong.

Looking to my right I saw the sun high in the clear blue sky and smiled. The whole drive felt like something from an old movie but I was enjoying it too much to question anything.

“I want to take you someone alright?” he asked as he pulled the car over.

“Not that I would normally never say this but I’m in heels I can’t exactly go hiking,” I said when I saw him start for the trees.

Brent chuckled. “Sorry I forgot.” He came to me and picked me up. “Close your eyes and no matter what don’t open them till I tell you to ok?”

“Ok?” I closed my eyes and felt us fly forward. The wind ripped across me and I knew we were going way too fast. Then I felt us falling. I clutched onto Brent but he landed with ease and took off running again. Over all we maybe ran for two minutes before Brent stopped.

“You can open your eyes,” he said.

When I opened my eyes I gasped. We were in a clearing that was so breath taking. Colorful wildflowers and lush green grass covered the ground with a stream winding through. The trees were dense around the clearing and it looked like this clearing was from somewhere else.

“Wow this is beautiful,” I said as I stepped forward. Reaching out the sunlight fell on my skin and I could almost feel the magic. This place was truly magical and I felt as if I was in a fairy tale.

“I thought you would like it.” Brent came and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“You were right.” I turned in his arms. “So how did we get here so fast?” When he didn’t respond I laughed. “I know you ran faster than any human could. So what else can you do?”

“Amor you are too curious for your own good.” He kissed my forehead. “But yes I can run fast. I also have super strength as you would put it.”

“When will you tell me everything? I really wanna know.”

“I know you do but you have to wait. What I have to tell you can’t be told to just anyone.”

“But I’m your mate? Doesn’t that make me able to know and you also said I’m the Luna, which is the female Alpha? So how can I help lead the people I know nothing about?”

Brent picked me up by the wait and spun me. “Amor you are going to be an amazing Luna. You’re right of course but I still have to wait. I’ll tell you soon as I can ok?”

"So did you enjoy the mountains," Justin asked as we sat down for lunch.

"I did. Like I told Brent that was my first time," I replied.

"Did you never do a family road trip?" Tamara asked. "I heard those are common for humans."

My mouth turned dry and I opened my mouth to say something though I didn't know what but Brent saved me. "What's important is that Bryn now kinda knows the land." He rested his arm on the back of my chair and lightly brushed my arm.

"Very true," Justin agreed. "Now Katrina if Tamara ever goes overboard on dressing you up tell her to back down. Don't let her walk over you."

"Justin I would never." Tamara acted as if she was hurt but when Brent and Justin busted out laughing she joined them.

Unsure of what to do I looked down at my hands in my lap.

***Brent's POV***

I glanced over and saw how uncomfortable Katrina was. She was so unsure of herself when she had no reason to be. She was a beautiful smart woman and most importantly my mate.

When I had found her was the best day of my life and I couldn't wait for her to join the pack but I worried she wouldn't be able to handle it. It wasn't that my pack would walk over her or bully her but after my mother it would be hard to take her place.

My mother always had something to say and it was going to get her way which was always for the best of the pack but most of all she was strong and people looked to her and my father but I was worried the pack would think she was a weak human.

It was rare for us to be mates with a human and when they were it was normally from a weak wolf. But I was no weak wolf and nor did I think Katrina was weak, she just hadn't found herself yet. It was as if she was missing a part of herself.

'I'll never fit in with these people,' her thoughts rang in my head. 'They're so beautiful and perfect where I'm nothing but a shadow.'

I chewed in my lip trying to figure out what to say to her. She was so fragile and I worried about her. I feared my world would be too much for her and she would run away leaving me empty for forever.

"Amor do not think like that," I said in her mind. “Trust me, you'll be one of us soon enough.” I tighten my arm around her.

"Is she ok?" Justin asked.

I looked over at him. "I'm just worried she'll never get the confidence. You know how good my mom was and for Katrina as a human to take her place... I'm worried she'll never feel like one of us."

"But she isn't one of us," he said. "Even though she's your mate at the end of a day she's only a human, not a wolf."

Justin had a point but I wanted Katrina to be one of us. She glanced up at me through her beautiful brown eyes and I felt my heart melt. She was too beautiful and innocent.

"What is it Amor?"

She pointed and I looked over at what she was pointing at. "Isn't that Renger?"

I felt my canines sharpen and my claws come out but I pushed them down. "Tamara take Katrina inside." I had known eating outside was a bad idea.

Tamara nodded and took Katrina's hand. "We'll slip out the back and head back to the house."

I nodded. "Colton will meet up with you."

Just as the girls disappeared Renger came up to our table. "So you sent the lovely ladies away. What a shame. Katrina was looking amazing today. I thought she was already beautiful but damn dress her up and she looks good enough to take a bite out of."

I growled. "You have no business with Katrina."

"Hmm worried I'll take her from you?" His voice was low and threatening but it didn't faze me. I was an Alpha and no other Alpha had more power than me. I had come from the strongest Alpha bloodline and the biggest and strongest pack.

"Not one bit. I just don't want to have to take the time to kill you. My father beat you so you know I can." I leaned forward.

"You're not half the wolf your father is. You forget the Old Wolves blessed him and his mate. Besides she gave him even more power."

My vision was turning red and I knew my eyes were pure black. My wolf was worried about our mate and I wasn't having this asshole threatening my mate. "And you forget I have both their powers combined. Do not mess with me." I checked in on Katrina and found she was already in the car and on the road. I relaxed knowing she was getting away from his nut job.

"You think you're so powerful but let me tell you something pup..."

"Call me pup one more time." I slammed my fists on the table. "At least I've never lost a battle. Now stay away from my territory because if you set even one step onto my land I will rip you apart." With that I stood and left, Justin following close behind.

***Katrina’s POV***

As soon as Brent burst through the door I jumped and he came to me wrapping his arms around me, inhaling my scent. "I'm ok," I reassured. I didn't know why I said it but part of me told him to comfort him.

"Kill him..." He panted. "I will kill him if he comes near you again."

"Brent calm down." I cupped his face. "I'm fine Brent. I'm right here with you, safe."

He nodded and kissed me. My arms slid around his neck and I moaned as his lips forced my mouth opened and his tongue entered my mouth. It was a raw and hungry kiss that made me crave more. My fingers curled in his hair.

"Alright she's safe," Tamara said coming in the room. "You don't have to mate right here."

Colton entered the room after Tamara. He was tall like Brent and Justin with broad shoulders. He had light brown with brown eyes. His face was very stern and he had been so serious I almost laughed.

"Katrina this is Colton as you know but I want to formally introduce you. He is my Beta or second in command," Brent introduced. “He and Justin are also brothers.”

I nodded. "Nice to meet you." I held out my hand but he only looked at my hand.

Someone coughed and I looked up at Brent who had a frown. "Katrina I have to deal with more stuff. Why don't you and Tamara find something to do in the house?"

"Perfect!" She clapped her hands. "I didn't get to do your nails." 

Sadness washed over me. I didn't want to leave Brent. He chuckled and kissed my temple. "I won't be long Amor. I’ll finish as fast as I can."

I nodded and followed behind Tamara. "Hey don't worry." She nudged me. "He's just try to keep you safe. Renger is crazy and Brent has to keep you safe. His body won't let you get hurt."

"Mates are important to you guys," I noted.

"The most important besides the Alphas." She smiled. "Justin and I have known each other since we were born. We were so close and then he started training to be the next Alpha's third and I had my training and we were too busy but once I turned twenty-one we were at one of my aunt's dinners and he marched over to me and kissed me. At first I didn't know what was happening but then I felt the electricity and I knew. Ever since then we've been glued together."

"That sounds romantic."

Tamara laughed. "It is but I think you and Brent have a better story. He's robbing a bank and finds his own little human to take care of."

I frowned. "That doesn't sound romantic."

"That's because you don't view relationships the same as us. For us the males take care of the females. The do the work and we take care if the house and children."

"I can't see you staying home like that."

She grinned. "That's because I don't. I was trained to fight like my mother. I would go into other packs and find out information but after Justin I stopped but still fight with the pack I just don't go into other territories."

We were in a different bedroom and I sat down in the bed while Tamara went to get the nail polish. "So what color do you want?" She opened a makeup box and relieved dozens of colors.

"Can I just have the white ends?" I asked.

"French tips very classy." Tamara grinned and took my hands. "Girl you have beautiful nails. Their so long."

As Tamara worked I watched her. She was beautiful and had this way about her that told everyone she was not only beautiful but powerful.

"Don't worry you'll get confidence," she suddenly said. "I'm only like this because I was made to be strong. I couldn't be weak and nor is my family weak. We're the best fighters. And with Brent you'll get confidence. I would compare yourself to me because I'm not a normal woman."

I blushed. "How did you know?"

She sighed and looked up at me. "It's my job to read people. Besides I know Brent is worried about you, we all are."

"Why are you worried about me? You just met me."

"You're my Luna. You're also Brent's mate and even though we're cousins he's more like a brother and I want him happy and you make him happy. For us mates are accepted no matter what. The moment he Claimed you, you became a sister to me. You belong with us and you're family."

My eyes watered and I moved to wipe them but my nails were wet. Tamara smiled. "Here let me." She got a tissue and wiped the tears away.

"I never really had a family. My mom left when I was young and my dad broke after she left so I was on my own." I blew my nose and wrapped my arms around my knees.

"Then just wait till you meet Brent's mother. She had a similar background and she'll take you in the moment she sees you. I've never seen someone so loving as her." Tamara rubbed my back. "In a year from now this will all be like a dream because the life you're about to have is too perfect."

"Really?"

"Yes." Her smile widened. "Brent is an amazing man and he'll take care of you."

"Thank you." And for the first time in a long time I hugged her. Linda always started our hugs and besides Brent I hadn't hugged anyone else but he didn't really count so for me to hug someone it was rare.

Tamara hugged me back. "No problem babe. That's what girls are good for."

"Holy shit Tamara is hugging a girl?" Brent said as he entered the room.

She shot him a death glare. "I don't like the other girls but Katrina is so sweet and innocent."

Brent laughed and I tried to hide my red eyes from him when he came to me. "Amor do not hide from me." He cupped my cheek. "I know you we're crying. It's why I came." His thumb rubbed a tear away. "Tamara was right about everything. You belong with us and you're family."

I nodded not able to speak. He chuckled and pulled me up so I was sitting up on my knees. Even with the height of the bed he was still taller than me.

"How about we go watch a movie and then dinner?"

"Ok." I smiled.

He returned my smile. "Good."

We curled up in bed. Brent had me pulled to his chest as he leaned on the head rest and his arms snaked around me lacing our fingers together.

"Comfortable?" he breathed on my ear.

I nodded. Even just touching him was enough. Butterfly fluttered in my stomach while fire burned through my veins and electricity sparked across my skin. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sparks shot through me and wondered if this would ever end, even after we mated.

"You've been really quiet," Brent mused.

"I normally am. I don't normally talk much," I replied

He nodded his head. I could tell he was tired and I was too. I cuddled closer and we soon fell asleep.

"Amor wake up." I felt someone shake me. "Katrina please."

"What?" I turned over pulling the pillow tighter.

"I have to go and I want to say goodbye since I won't be back for a few days."

I jumped up. "What? Why?"

"I have to go back and take care of some stuff back with the pack. It'll only be a few days." Brent cupped my cheek.

"No!" I clung to him. The thought of Brent leaving me made me feel cold and empty. I didn't want him to leave me. "Please don't leave me."

"I have to go." He whipped away the tears that streamed down my cheeks. "Please don't cry. Amor I have to."

My heart broke and I couldn't explain why. Brent was a part of me and I couldn't be without him.

"I know Amor but it'll only be a few days. It's why I wanted you to stay home today so we could be together." Brent ran his fingers through my hair. "I promise I'll be back as soon as I can. I need you to understand."

"Ok," I stammered. I knew I looked like a mess but I couldn't stop the tears even though I wanted to.

"Now be strong and I'll see you soon." He kissed me slowly and passionately. I felt more tears fall. "You'll stay here and then only work and back here. I need you safe."

"I will." I pressed my tears back into his chest.

"I can't stand to leave you but I have to so stay here and be safe."

My fingers curled in his shirt as he started to pull away. He sighed and pulled me close and laid us down. I laid my head on his chest as he soothed me.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
2.8K 448 27
Ariella's biggest desire in life has always been such a simple one. She wants to be 'normal.' Unfortunately, that one simple wish has never been with...
74.5K 2.7K 51
BOOK 1 in The Hybrid Series After the tragic lost of her mom, 17 year-old Zoe Hyland has to deal with being a Hybrid on her own. A very rare and spec...
489K 13.5K 15
Ayla's constantly on the move with her father, so that no one will ever find out what happens during the torturous nights at home. She gets beaten un...