The Dark Lord's Daughter [FW...

By super_awkward_girl

Vanessa Redwood spent the first ten years of her life as a muggle, but during the summer holidays of her elev... More

Quiditch World Cup
The Redwoods and the Train
The Feast
Dumbledore's Speech
First Day of Classes
The Meeting
Charms Class
A Trip to the Hospital Wing
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Pranking Filch
Detentions
Tournament Champions
Dragons and Dumbledore
Redwood or Riddle?
Dream or Nightmare?
Word Gets Out
Meeting Diggory
Angelina
Dance Partner
Hogsmeade
The Yule Ball
Christmas
Note
The Second Task
Back to Normal?
Birth Marks and Lemon Drops
The Return of the Dark Lord
A Friend's Funeral
Note

Unforgivable Curse

560 21 0
By super_awkward_girl

"Come on, its time for the... thing I mentioned." Fred smiles, taking my hand and dragging me through the school halls.

"What about the party for Harry?" I ask. Everyone is celebrating because Harry ended up placing second, even though he returned last, because he returned with not only his treasure, but Fleur's as well.

"This is more important." Fred says simply as we reach our destination, the kitchens. I roll my eyes as Fred tickles the pear. Fred has brought me here countless times, why would this be special? This was probably his way of tricking me into helping carry food for the party.

The pear turns into a green doorknob and we walk through the doorway to find Lani, McKenna, and George waiting with a birthday cake.

"What?" I ask mostly myself.

"Its your birthday party, Nessa." Fred explains, rolling his eyes

"Oh." I say quietly, I had forgotten my birthday was today, honestly I think I tried to forget, its too painful to think of my birthday, when Bellatrix and Voldemort welcomed me into the world. But I don't want to tell them that, they've obviously put a lot of work into this, there are streamers and exploding confetti all around the kitchens, and they've even transfigured the pillow cases worn by the house elves to take on my favorite colors, emerald green and white.

"You don't like it?" Lani asks, obviously a little hurt.

"No, its amazing, I just forgot it was my birthday." I say, laughing with the others at my statement.

"Well its a good thing we didn't. Lets eat!" George exclaims.

And with that, George cuts the cake, giving me, and himself, an extra big slice. We spend a few hours eating and laughing. I try my best to forget my parents and just enjoy myself with my friends.

Fred explains why he was acting so strangely on Christmas was because he was already planning this, and that also why they were missing yesterday.

"But you've been working on this since December? Its February! You spent two months planning this?" I ask in amazement.

"Yeah, thought it'd take your mind off of... you know..." George says awkwardly.

"We would never just ditch you." Lani points out, obviously eager to change the subject.

Fred nods and kisses my cheek. I roll my eyes and stand on tiptoe to peck him on the lips. Fred smirks at me and pulls me to him, his arms wrapping around my waist. The kiss is short, though, as its interrupted by a disgusted George.

"Okay we're thrilled you're together, but don't do that in front of us. I especially don't want to see it. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go wash out my eyes..." George groans, heading for the door.

"Oh shut it." Fred rolls his eyes at his twin.

After everyone is full, we return to the common room where the party for Harry still hasn't stopped. I stay a few minutes to show my support, and then decide to take a nap in my dorm, as we all have school again tomorrow, but someone puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn around, expecting it to be Fred telling me to stay for the party, but am surprised to see Katie Bell standing behind me.

"Hello?" I say, as if its a question.

"I em, just wanted to say I'm sorry for treating you like that. It uh, it doesn't matter who your parents are, because I know you aren't evil." She says quietly.

"Thanks, that means a lot." I say with a laugh, Katy laughs too. "But really, don't worry about it. Its in the past."

Katie nods and walks away. I turn around, once again heading for the girls stairs, but someone else grabs my hand, pulling me back. I turn around, and this time I actually do see Fred.

"Leaving so soon?" He smirks.

"Yeah, I'm tired." I say.

"Oh come on, we've been dating for two months and we haven't seen each other nearly enough." Fred says, fake pouting.

"That's because you've been making cakes and playing dress up with house elves." I tease.

"Well I'm not now." Fred chuckles, smirking again.

"You're right." I say, making Fred loosen his grip. "Im going to go take a nap." I say, sprinting for the stairs.

"Hey! Don't make me use the stairs against you again!" Fred laughs.

"You sure you want to do that? Because you sent me to the hospital wing last time." I call, thinking I've won.

"Well don't hit your head this time!" Fred calls back with a laugh.

Oh no. I run as fast as I can and almost make it to the sixth level before the stairs turn into a slide. I don't hit my head this time, luckily, but I slide back down to the common room.

"You're a git" I say, struggling to keep a straight face.

"You love me." Fred smirks.

"So you've told me." I laugh. Fred rolls his eyes and leans in, pressing his lips against mine. His arms wrap around my waist. Its one of the first real kisses we've had since Christmas, its nice.

"Hey, Nessa?" Fred asks suddenly, with a serious expression.

"Yeah, Fred?" I ask, the smile fading from my own face.

"What were you thinking when you kissed me after we came back from the black lake all that time ago?" Fred asks thoughtfully.

I take a deep breath. "I was thinking about you. You know, you were going to kiss me, until George came into the picture, and it was weird to admit to myself, but I was upset about that, I had wanted to kiss you. And then I did. I kissed you before my body had time to catch up to my mind." I say after a moment of thought.

"Well I'm glad you did." Fred smiles. "That's when I knew I hadn't wasted four years liking you."

*

"What do we have first?" I ask as I eat, too busy to look at my timetable.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts." Lani sighs.

"I think you mean; the most excruciating hour of my life." McKenna comments. I nod in agreement.

When we finish eating, we head to class and take our seats. Mad Eye Moody enters the room and stands in the front of the class.

"Now, I've already showed you how to use the unforgivable curses, now what do you think today's lesson will be about?" Mad Eye asks.

Lani raises her hand and Moody nods towards her. "How to defend ourselves against them?" She asks uncertainly.

"Exactly, now all of you pair up. One of you will perform the Imperious curse, and the other will defend themselves with the counter-curse on the board." Mad Eye says.

"Wait, we are supposed to use the curse?" I exclaim.

"That is what I said." Mad Eye says, irritated.

"But it's an unforgivable curse!" I exclaim again. "Couldn't we just practice the counter-curse?"

"If you don't feel comfortable performing the curse, that is fine. Have your partner perform the curse on you." Moody says.

"No." I say firmly.

"Excuse me?" Mad Eye growls.

"I refuse to take part in this lesson." I say.

"Then you may step outside. But you will have detention with me for a week." Moody says roughly.

Is it worth a week of detentions with this insane teacher to stand up for what I believe in? Honestly I would rather have detention with Filch or Snape. But I would rather have detentions with Mad Eye than take part in this unforgivable lesson.

I'm about to leave the classroom when several other people stand up, including the twins and Lani and McKenna, saying that they aren't comfortable performing the curse either.

"Fine. I will perform the curse, you will defend yourselves. Everyone line up." Mad Eye almost yells.

I suppose this is slightly better. I should be able to defend myself, but I'm still slightly worried about my friends, and boyfriend. Nevertheless, we line up.

"You, Riddle!" Moody yells. "In the front!"

I roll my eyes and move to the front of the line. Before I have a chance to draw my wand, Mad Eye yells the word "Imperio!". I feel myself losing control. I can see myself slapping McKenna, but I can't stop or say anything let alone apologize. I hear someone yell a few unintelligible words, and I suddenly regain control.

I turn and glare at Moody and stomp out of the room, but not before apologizing to McKenna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

537 4 50
Aries Cassiopeia Black is a Halfblood Witch and is also a Gryffindor and she is also the only daughter and child of none other than Sirius Black hims...
23.2K 344 32
*COMPLETED* Aurora Snape, the daughter of Potions Professor, Severus Snape, goes to Hogwarts at 11 years old. During her time there she fall in love...
387K 10.9K 35
Amy is a normal teenage witch. She lives her everyday life in complete normality. The one thing that separates her from the rest of the wizarding wor...
35.7K 716 44
What if there was more to the Prophecy of Harry Potter? Dumbledore has more than just memories to share with Harry this year. Love was the one thing...