My Perfect Mistake | #Wattys2...

infinity_and_beyond3

~COMPLETED~ | This story is being slowly edited. "As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surp... Еще

My Perfect Mistake (Teen Pregnancy)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
My Perfect Mistake: Extras
Author's Note: Unwritten
Wattys 2016

Chapter Thirty-Seven

39.7K 1.1K 195
infinity_and_beyond3

*36 Weeks Pregnant*

.

.

*Anabelle's POV*

"Derek! Did you make the baggies? Please tell me you made the baggies. I swear if you didn't-"

"I'm almost done with them Lianne. Babe, relax. Everything is going to go great. Okay?"

Lianne sighed, giving him a small nod. "I'm sorry. I'm stressing over nothing, right? I'm turning into some Baby Shower-zilla."

I looked over at her and snorted, popping a pink jelly bean into my mouth. "Baby Shower-zilla? Is that even a thing?"

"Well if it isn't a thing, it now is. Now give me that!" She said as she walked over to where I was, snatching the small jar of pink jelly beans out of my hand. "Hey!"

"That's for the baby shower tomorrow!" She scolded as she closed the jar and set it down with the rest of the jars filled with candy. "Now I have to go buy some more jelly beans and pick out the pink ones."

"Sorry. I was hungry," I grumbled.

"There was food in the kitchen," She retorted. "What do you want? I'll bring you something from the kitchen."

I stared at the television and smiled as Dr. McDreamy appeared on the screen.

Lord, the stuff I would do to that gorgeous man.

"Yes, I know Ana. Now tell me what you want from the kitchen," Lianne said as she tapped her foot on the ground impatiently.

"Wait did I say that out loud?" I looked over at Derek who was laughing. "Yeah you did," He answered.

"Oops," I said as I turned my attention back to Lianne. "I'll just have a Nutella sandwich and some water."

"Okay," She muttered as she turned around and walked into the kitchen. "Why is she stressing so much for my baby shower?" I asked Derek as I turned my attention back to the television where my husband Dr. McDreamy was preparing to perform a Craniotomy.

In the words of Dr. Shepherd: It's a beautiful day to save lives.

"She just wants to do something really special for you and her goddaughter before she leaves. So she wants this baby shower to go perfectly."

I smiled to myself. Man, I'm gonna really miss her when she leaves.

"That reminds me Derek. I wanted to ask you something, you'll most likely say yes, but I wanted to ask anyway."

"Okay. What is it?"

"Sean and I wanted to know if you would like to be our daughter's godfather. What do you think?"

Derek's eyes lit up at my question. "Really? I would love to. Yes!"

"Okay, good," I laughed lightly. Lianne came back into the living room with my sandwich and water. I thanked her as she handed them to me.

"No problem. So, I have to go to the store and buy some more stuff for the baby shower tomorrow. I'll be back in thirty minutes tops. Derek would you mind going with me? I might need some help with a few things."

Derek got up from the couch and nodded. "Yeah. Let me just put on my shoes."

"So what are the other stuff you have to buy?" I asked her as I took a bite of my delicious Nutella sandwich. "Just some stuff for the games and some other finger foods. Sean's mom agreed to make the food so I thought I would buy some little snacks until it was time to eat."

I nodded, my eyes still glued to the television. "Okay, let's go," I heard Derek say. "Okay, we'll see you in a little Ana."

"Okay! Bye!" I took another bite of my sandwich before setting it down on the plate, which was resting on the coffee table. I heard my phone ringing from my bedroom.

Crap.

I struggled a little as I got up from the couch and walked down the hallway to my bedroom. I walked inside and grabbed my phone from my nightstand. I checked the caller ID before pressing the 'answer call' button. I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello my love."

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice. I miss you."

The corners of my lips rose. "I miss you too. How's work? Are you getting out now?"

"Eh, it's okay. I get out at five."

I took the phone away from my ear and checked the time. 3:00. I put the phone back to my ear and said,"It's okay. You have two more hours left. Think you can manage?"

"Yeah, I think so. At least after work is done I get to see you."

"Yeah, that's true-Whoa!" I quickly put my hand on my lower abdomen as I began to feel some sort of tightness or pressure.

"Is everything okay?"

I stayed silent as the pressure continued. My heart began racing as a thought came into my mind. Labor. Was I in labor?

"Anabelle? You're scaring me. What's going on?"

I quickly came back into my senses as I let out a shaky breath. "Sean, I'm having some pressure and tightness."

"What kind of pressure? What do you mean by tightness? Wait, are you in labor?"

I could tell that he was freaking out just by the tone of his voice. "I don't know," I answered him. "I'm scared Sean. What if something is wrong with the baby?"

"Stay there. I'm on my way."

And with that, the line went dead and the tightness began to fade away. I set my phone down on my nightstand and placed both of my hands on my stomach as my abdomen became tight again. I looked around my room and noticed that I hadn't even packed my hospital bag yet.

I couldn't even think straight with all the pressure and discomfort I was having. I put on my flip flops before slowly walking out of my room and back into the living room.

Sean's job wasn't that far away from where my house was, which I am very thankful about right now. I sat down on the couch, inhaling and exhaling slowly as I waited for Sean to come.

I heard the front door open and close several minutes later. "Anabelle?" I heard quick heavy footsteps walk into the living room. "I drove here as fast as I could," I heard Sean say.

He walked over to me and carefully helped me up from the couch. "I called Dr. Reynolds. I couldn't really explain what you were feeling since I wasn't with you when it started so he's on his way to the hospital right now."

"Okay," I whispered, my hands still on my stomach. "Don't call anyone else. At least until Dr. Reynolds confirms that I am in labor, okay?"

Sean nodded as we both walked out of my house. He locked the door, closing the door behind him. I walked over to the car and opened the door, carefully getting inside. I closed the door and quickly put on my seat belt. Sean quickly got in and closed the door, quickly starting the car and pulling out of my driveway.

I closed my eyes as the the tightness and discomfort continued. The drive to the hospital felt like forever but in reality it only took like seven to eight minutes. Ten the most. Sean parked the car, quickly shutting it off. He took out the keys and placed it in his pocket as he opened the car door and rushed over to my side of the car.

He opened the car door and carefully helped out of the car. He closed the door and wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked inside the hospital. My breathing quickened every time my abdomen became tight. The tightness would come and go every fifteen to thirty seconds. I made sure I was counting, just in case.

We reached the front desk area of the emergency room. "Hello, my girlfriend might be in labor. We called our Doctor and he said he was on his way," Sean explained to the receptionist.

I continued to breath in and out slowly as he talked to the receptionist. "Okay, we'll get her a wheelchair and take her to a room." Shortly after that a nurse came up to me with a wheelchair and I carefully sat down. She went through the double doors and took me up to my room, with Sean following right behind.

Once we arrived in my room, the nurse handed me a hospital gown. "Who's her doctor again?" She questioned.

"Dr. Reynolds," I heard Sean answer as I walked into the bathroom. I changed into my hospital gown and walked out shortly after, placing my clothes on the chair near the bed. Sean walked over to me, helping me onto the hospital bed. "The nurse said she would page Dr. Reynolds again just in case."

I nodded as Sean covered me with a blanket. I rested on my side and noticed that the pressure started to go away. "The pressure is going away," I told him.

"Yeah?"

I nodded as I gently rubbed my stomach. There was a few knocks on the door before it opened completely. Dr. Reynolds appeared at the door. "Hello Anabelle and Sean," He greeted us as he closed the door. "Sean had called me and said you might be in labor. Can you explain to me what you're feeling?"

He walked over to where I was as I shifted my body so that I was laying on my back. The pressure had started coming back as I did so. "I'm feeling this pressure and tightness in my lower abdomen. It comes and goes every fifteen to thirty seconds. It just went away when I was laying on my side but now that I'm lying on my back it came back," I explained, not leaving out anything important.

"Hm. Are you feeling any pain in your lower back?" He questioned. I shook my head in response to his question. "So you're not having any sort or pain, just the tightness and discomfort?"

"Just the tightness and discomfort," I told him.

"Okay. Well, Anabelle. You're having what we call Braxton Hicks contractions. It's very common for pregnant women to experience it towards the end of their pregnancy, although it could happen as early as 22 weeks."

"Wait. Braxton Hicks contractions?"

"Mhm. Braxton Hicks Contractions are relatively painless, irregular and infrequent contractions. Some may say that these are practice contractions because these contractions are your body's way of practicing and preparing for labor. They're a normal part of pregnancy," He explained. "The tightness you feel in your uterus during a Braxton Hicks contraction comes from the tensing of the muscles in your uterus. Being really active and sex can trigger Braxton Hicks contractions."

Well I definitely haven't been doing any of those.

"A full bladder and dehydration can also trigger Braxton Hicks contractions," He added.

"Okay so, what's the best way to treat these Braxton Hicks contractions?"

"Drinking water, taking a walk or a warm bath should relieve any discomfort."

"What can I do to prevent them?"

"Other than staying well-hydrated and not overdoing it activity-wise, there's not much. Just be on the look out for signs of preterm labor and you'll be totally fine," He told me.

"So I can go home then?"

"Yes. But first I want to do a vaginal exam to see if there are any changes in your cervix. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay," I murmured as I looked over at Sean. "You don't have to be in here when he does the exam if you don't want to. I know it might be uncomfortable for you."

Sean got up from the chair and walked over to me. "It's okay. I'm fine here," He said as he stood beside me, holding my hand. I gave him a small smile before looking over at Dr. Reynolds who was putting on gloves.

I positioned my legs as Dr. Reynolds walked over to where I was and began the exam. The exam didn't take long, just a few minutes. "Well. There's no change in your cervix, so you're definitely not in labor," He said as he took off the gloves and threw them in the garbage.

"Okay, so I come see you in two weeks then?" I asked him as I put my legs down. "Yep. Until till then, I recommend you get lots of bed rest and take it easy. Okay?"

I nodded as Sean helped me off the bed. "I'll see you soon Anabelle. You have a good day," Dr. Reynolds smiled at us, before leaving the room. I grabbed my clothes and walked into the bathroom, quickly but carefully changing back into my clothes.

I exited out of the bathroom, handing Sean my hospital gown. I watched him fold it and place it on the bed as I put on my flip flops. "We need to pack the hospital bag. I thought I was in labor and realized we didn't even have it packed," I mentioned.

He nodded as he looked over at me. "Yeah. I'll admit I was really freaking out."

"Yeah, same here," I murmured softly.

"Let's just go home and rest," He said as he walked over to me and intertwined over fingers together. I smiled at him before nodding. "Okay, let's go."

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

"You look beautiful mija," My Abuela complimented as she placed the gold necklace that my mother had gotten me around my neck. I smiled at her in the mirror as I played around with the pendant.

"Gracias Abuela."

I turned around, facing her. She smiled at me as I pulled her into a hug. "Te amo Abuela. I'm so glad you're here." I pulled away from her and held her hands in mine.

"I know, I love you too mija."

There was a knock on my door before it opened. Lianne poked her head in the room and smiled. "Are you ready? Everyone is here and they're waiting on the mother to-be."

I nodded before looking over at Abuela. "You go ahead Abuela. I'll be right there." She gave me a small nod before walking out the door. Lianne made her way over to me, the corner of her lips rising. "You look great Ana."

"Thanks Lia. Now, let's go to the living room shall we? Can't keep my guests waiting for too long."

She chuckled lightly, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, of course." We both walked out of my room and down the hallway, to the living room where all the guests were patiently waiting for my entrance.

I walked into the living room and beamed as I saw all the guests. "The mother to-be is here!" Lianne announced happily.

"Hey!" I heard a recognizable voice whisper into my ear. I turned my head and smiled as Sean stood there smiling down at me. "Hey," I greeted as he leaned down and quickly pecked my lips.

"What are you doing here? I thought Derek, Chase, Liam and the rest were taking you out?"

"Yeah, they are. I thought I would see you before I go. You look beautiful by the way."

"Thank you," I beamed. "Hey little sis! You look great!" Derek said as he came up to Sean and I. "Thanks Der."

"We should get going Sean." Sean nodded before looking over at me. "Have fun. I'll be back by six."

"You too," I nodded as he leaned down and quickly pecked my lips again.

"Bye. See you later," I waved at the both of them as they left the living room to the front door. "Ana! You look so great!" Nicole complimented as she quickly approached me.

"Thanks Nicole. Where are the other girls?"

"Well Michelle, Dani and I are hanging out at the couch. Dawn I believe went to the restroom, Mizty and Yazmyn couldn't make it because they both had to leave for college a couple weeks after graduation. But they made sure to give me their gifts before they left."

"Aw, I wish I could of said bye to the both of them before they left."

"Yeah, they were pretty bummed that they couldn't be here but they had to leave. They wanted to get a head start so they enrolled for the summer instead of fall."

"Aw, well that's okay. They had to do what they had to do. I totally understand."

"Yeah, I'll let you say hi to the rest of your guests."

"Okay, I'll talk to you guys in a little." She nodded before returning over to the couch where Dani and Michelle were. Sean's sisters were next to approach me. "Hey Ana!" Jenna greeted, pulling me for a hug.

"Hey Jenna." I pulled away from her and hugged both Klara and Liz. "I hope I didn't keep all of you guys waiting too long. I was making sure I looked at least decent for everyone."

"You're fine. You look gorgeous. I am totally digging that haircut on you. I was thinking about cutting mine short as well," Klara said.

"Go for it! I know you'll look great," I smiled at her.

"Okay everyone! Time for the first game! Gather around!" I heard Lianne say. We all gathered in the living room, finding a place to sit.

"Okay ladies, the first game is guess the baby food. Sounds self-explanatory right? Whoever wants to play must cover their eyes with a blindfold and must guess the flavor of the baby food. Whoever has the most right guesses gets a prize! Sound good? Now raise your hand if you want to play so I can hand each of you a blindfold."

Lianne handed most of the girls blindfolds, including me. I wrapped the blindfold around my eyes and tied it tight. Lianne started with me and then made her way down the line of ladies. The game lasted for about fifteen to twenty minutes and I have to say it was pretty fun.

I removed my blindfold and handed it to Lianne. "Okay the next game is called Baby Wish List," Lianne said, placing the blindfolds inside of a reusable shopping bag. "I'm going to hand you each a paper with a list of ten I Hope statements and you have to finish the I Hope statements with your wishes for the baby. Once you're all done, Anabelle is going to read them out loud. Okay?"

They each nodded as Lianne began to hand out the papers and pens. Lianne gave everyone seven to ten minutes to fill out the paper before she collected them. "Times up ladies! Pass them to the left please."

I moved myself over to the decorated seat Lianne had set up in the front of the living room. Lianne walked over to me and handed me the sheets of paper. "Okay," I smiled as I looked down at the first paper. "This one is from Sean's sister, Elizabeth."

"Dear my beautiful niece, I hope that you learn that life is a journey. I hope you aren't afraid to try new things. I hope you love with all your heart. I hope you laugh all the time. I hope you get everything out of life you want. I hope you ignore those who are jealous. I hope you become successful. I hope you respect your parents. I hope you never forget to be kind to everyone. I hope you grow up to be the person you want to be in life. With Much Love, Aunt Liz." I looked over at Elizabeth, a smile plastered onto my face.

"This is so sweet Liz. I love it, thank you." I placed Elizabeth's paper in the back of the pile and looked down at the next paper. "Oo, this one is from Sean's mom, Raye," I began.

"Dear my precious granddaughter, I hope you learn to be loving and compassionate. I hope you aren't afraid to take chances and fail. I hope you love like there's no tomorrow. I hope you laugh much more than you cry. I hope you get to love like your mommy and daddy. I hope you ignore unkind and miserable people. I hope you become anything you set out to be. I hope you respect everyone that crosses your path. I hope you never forget how special you are. I hope you grow to know how much you are loved every day by so many people. We all already love you so much little girl! With So Much Love, Grandma Raye."

"Aw, Raye! I loved it! This was super sweet, thank you!" I beamed. I put her wish list in the back of the pile and looked down at the next paper. I laughed lightly as I saw the name of the person signed at the bottom. "This is from my baby's godmother, who is also my best friend."

"Dear Goddaughter, I hope you learn gratitude, joy, fearlessness, and to love change. I hope you aren't afraid to make mistakes. I hope you love life. I hope you get everything that you ask your Daddy for! I hope you laugh endlessly. I hope you never forget who you are. I hope you ignore hateful words and actions. I hope you become comfortable with yourself. I hope you respect everyone. I hope you grow into a wonderful, strong and successful woman. With Love, Your Aunt/Godmom Lianne."

"How sweet Lianne! Thank you so much for this." I continued to read the rest of the papers out loud, tearing up at each wish list. Once I finished reading each one, I set the pile down on the coffee table.

"Thank you everyone for your wish list. They were so sweet and beautifully written. I know when I give it to my daughter, she will really love them and appreciate these. So thank you."

Lianne smiled and looked at the group of ladies. "Okay, we're going to stop the games for now and start serving food. You all must be hungry, I know I am!"

I laughed as I carefully got up from my chair. I walked into the kitchen with Lianne following right behind me. "Are you enjoying yourself so far?" She asked me as I grabbed a plate and began serving myself food.

"Yeah, I am. You did a really good job at planning this out Lia." I glanced over at her quickly and saw that she was smiling. "It makes me happy that you're enjoying yourself Ana. I really wanted this day to be special for you."

"I know and I couldn't thank you enough. This truly does mean a lot to me."

The baby shower continued to be very fun filled and exciting. After we ate we played the measurement game, the name game, blindfolded diaper changing and guess the baby photo game. I could tell how much time and effort Lianne put into planning this baby shower and I am truly grateful for everything that she did to make this day special for me.

After those games we got into cutting the cake and talking about my little jelly bean. And before I knew it the baby shower was already coming to an end. "Thank you so much for the invite Ana. I had so much fun," Nicole said, pulling me in for a hug.

"No problem. Thank you so much for coming, it means a lot." I pulled away from her and smiled. "I hope you also like my gift. Liam helped me pick it out, believe it or not."

I laughed lightly. "I'm sure I'll like it. Thank Liam for me as well. You have a good night Nicole."

"I will, and you too." She walked out the door and Dani, Michelle and Dawn approached me. "Thanks for inviting us," Dani said.

"Yeah, it was really fun, plus the food was really good," Michelle added. Dawn nodded in agreement. I laughed as I hugged the three of them. "I'm glad you three enjoyed yourselves and thank you for coming."

They bid me farewell again as they walked out the door. I closed the front door and walked into the living room where Sean sisters, Raye and Lianne were cleaning up. I assumed that both of my grandmothers were in the kitchen cleaning.

I walked over to the coffee table and picked up the couple of plates that were there and placed them inside the black trash bag. "Anabelle, honey, I don't want you cleaning up. We'll clean up. You sit down and rest, okay?"

"Raye-"

"Nuh-uh. Sit and rest please."

I signed in defeat, not wanting to argue with her further. I sat down on the couch and began rubbing my swollen stomach as I watched them clean.

I heard the front door open and close and the sound of two male's laughing. I knew that Seam and Derek had arrived. "Hey baby," I heard Sean's voice say. "Hey," I greeted as I watched him sat down next to me. He leaned down and quickly pecked my lips.

"How was the baby shower?"

"It was great! I had a lot fun. What about you? What did you guys do?"

"We went to Dave and Busters to watch the Met's game and since we were already there we ate and played games at the arcade area. It was fun."

"Good. I'm glad you two had fun." I looked over at the pile of gifts that were on the table and floor. "We have to open all these gifts Sean. Do you want to start now?"

"Yeah, sure," He said, grabbing a big pink gift bag.

"Wait!" Raye quickly said. "Let me grab my camera!" I chuckled as she went into her purse and took out her camera. She smiled at the both of us and gestured for us to open the gifts.

Sean took out the gift tissue from the pink bag and set it down on the table. He smiled as he took out a hanger that had an adorable onesie set hung on it. "Aw, how cute!" I gushed as I took the onesie from his hand.

"There's more," He said as he took out two more onesie sets and a few bottles of baby lotion and baby wash. "Aw, who's it from?"

Sean looked down at the tag that hung from the gift bag handle. "Dani," He answered. "Aw, how sweet of her. Remind me that we have to send out thank you cards to all the guests."

He nodded as he grabbed the next gift. "Okay, I will. Here's the next gift. This one is from Michelle." I took the big, pink, glittery gift bag from his hand, taking out the white gift tissue and setting it down on the table.

"Aw!" I gushed as I took out a pink flower dress and a yellow summer dress from the bag. "Look how cute these look!" I gave them to Sean who set it off to the side as I took out a box of diapers and two packs of pacifiers from the gift bag.

"These were very much needed." I handed them to Sean as Liz handed me another gift bag. I looked down at the tag and smiled, looking back up at Liz. "This one is from you."

She smiled and nodded. "That is part one of my gift. Two more of my gifts are in this pile," She explained.

I looked into the huge gift bag and took out four packs of bottles, two packs of pacifiers, three packs of baby wipes, and a box of diapers. "Thank you so much Liz," I smiled up at her.

"No problem. I'm a mom, I know how much stuff babies need. I have three more packs of diapers for you in the car. Newborns can go through at least seventy diapers in one week."

I felt my eyes bulge out of my sockets. "Seventy in one week? Are you serious?" She pursed her lips and nodded. I let out a breath as I looked down at the box of diapers.

"But it's okay. You and Sean have us to help you and get you anything you two need for the baby. Don't stress about it. I know it's going to be hard for you two, but I know you two can do it."

I gave her a quick short smile. "Thanks Liz. Now, let's finish opening these gifts, yeah?"

Sean and I continued to open gifts and I was so grateful for all the things that I had received. From Nicole and Liam, I received more outfits, pacifiers, shoes, socks, and a couple of blankets. From Dawn and her boyfriend, I received a few packs of onesies, socks and bottles. From Mitzy and her boyfriend, I received two packs of onesies, socks, and some more soaps and lotions. From Yazymn and her boyfriend, I received a box of diapers, a pack of wipes, a pack of onesies, and a set of bibs.

From the other guests, I received more diapers, bibs, wipes, clothes, pacifiers, bottles, socks, hats, lotions, soaps, and other baby essentials. I even received a breast pump. I still had gifts left and they were from both my grandparents, my father, Raye, his sisters, Derek and Lianne.

I saved their gifts for last because I knew those were the bigger and more special gifts, even though each gift I received today is special in their own way. "Okay open mine!" Lianne said, handing Sean a slightly heavy neatly wrapped gift. Sean unwrapped the gift revealing a box that contained a baby monitor. "I know it's not much, but I know it was a must. Plus, I bought a whole bunch of outfits for her that are in the backseat of my car."

"It's perfect Lianne, thank you so much. You're right, it's definitely a must."

"This one is from me," Derek said as he slid over a huge wrapped gift to Sean and I. I smiled as I began to rip off the wrapping paper. I saw that it was a black-colored car seat with pink in the middle and pink and black flower designs on the side. It was perfect and so beautiful.

"Derek this is beautiful! Thank you!"

"No problem. I made sure to get the best and safest car seat for my only niece. Her safety means everything to me."

"Thank you Der, seriously. This is great." Sean picked up the next box and set it down in front of me. "This is from your dad," He said as I began to rip off the gift wrap. Once all the wrap was off, I saw that it was a stroller that had the same color and design as the car seat Derek had bought. I could tell that my father and Derek bought their gifts together.

"Aw, this is so perfect! I have to thank him when he comes home. It's so beautiful," I beamed. I opened Jenna and Klara's gifts next which were outfits, diapers, and wipes. Besides the generous gift Liz had already given me, she also bought a ton of outfits and a baby bath. My Abuela and Abuelo had gotten me a baby swing and Grandma Jo and Grandpa George got me a diaper bag with lots of baby essentials inside.

Raye walked over to Sean and I and handed us a small gift box that looked like a box made for a bracelet. I looked down at the box as Sean opened it, revealing a key. A key? I looked up at Raye with a confused look.

I opened my mouth to say something but she quickly raised her hand up, stopping me. "Before you two say anything, I would like to say something." She sat down on coffee table facing both Sean and I.

"Michael and I did a lot of talking and we decided that this was going to be the best thing for you two and your baby. You two are going to have a baby in just four short weeks. We knew that it was going to be hard for you both to take care of the baby with Anabelle here and Sean at my house. So, this is a key to your new apartment. I talked to my realtor and he managed to find a nice apartment for the both of you at a good price. All of us pitched in and bought the apartment so you don't have to worry about rent, but of course you two have to pay the bills that come with it, but that we all will definitely help you two with. So don't worry about that.

Look, I know you two are young and all of this happened so unexpectedly. But that's okay. We've all learned to accept it and move forward because we know life is always throwing curveballs." I felt Sean's warm hand find mine and he held it, squeezing it gently. Raye smiled at us before continuing.

"As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that will make you happier than you originally planned. And that's what you call God's will."

I gazed down at my swollen stomach, the place where my baby was growing and being kept safe, and gently rubbed it. A smile slowly formed onto my lips. "This baby is my perfect mistake."

I looked over at Sean and smiled at him. "Our perfect mistake," I corrected. I looked back at Raye, who was still smiling at the both of us. "You're right Raye. Life does have a way of surprising us with unexpected things that make us happier than we originally planned.

My daughter, my baby. Was definitely an unexpected surprise. A surprise that I've grown to love more and more each day that passes. A surprise that I wouldn't trade anything in the world for. You know why? Because this surprise made me so much happier than I've been in years. This surprise brought me such loving and supporting people like you all. And-" I stopped talking as I looked at Sean and gently squeezed his hand tight, my lips slowly curving upward.

"And this surprise brought me you," I whispered. A smile slowly formed onto his lips as he leaned down and gently kissed my lips. I pulled away and smiled at him before looking back at Raye.

"At first when I found out I was pregnant, I was scared and not sure what to do. I had so many doubts and worries. I went through with this pregnancy and experienced the judgement and opinions of many people, but now I realize that none of those opinions mattered. Because my baby has made me happier in ways I can't even explain."

Raye gave me a soft smile before speaking. "You know Anabelle. I too, was a teen mom. I knew how hard it was going to be, so I was a bit disappointed when Sean had told me that you were pregnant because I didn't want him or any of my kids for the matter to go through the struggle I went though. But you know what? I was going to be there for him and for you because my parents weren't for me.

Many people judge teen parents thinking they are irresponsible and too young to raise a child.  And yes, they are young, I know. But who cares. Because no matter how old they are, God is rewarding them to be a loving mother to another one of his children, a life that they are bringing into this world. You are assisting God in his miracle, and the gift of a baby is so precious and beautiful. 

And yes, teen mothers are faced with many emotional struggles. They ask themselves questions like 'How will I finish school?' 'What will my parents say?' 'Should I abort or put the baby up for adoption?' 'What if my baby has no father?'. Their mind is clouded with all these doubts and questions, many pregnant teens aren't sure what to do. People might tell them 'Your life is over when you have that baby.' But you know what Anabelle? They are absolutely wrong. Having a child as a teenager doesn't end your life, it simply gives you a new and different future."

I digested every word she said. She was right. Everything she said was right. "You're right Raye. But, you know, sometimes I worry that I won't be a good mom, or it'll get hard and stuff. I want to be the perfect mom for her. I don't want to let my daughter down."

"How about I tell you something about motherhood Anabelle and Elizabeth can back me up on this or add on to this," Raye said as she leaned in a little.

"Being a mother is the toughest job on earth. There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. And There will be so many times you feel like you've failed but in the eyes, heart and mind of your child, you are super mom.

Motherhood is a choice you make everyday to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own. To teach the hard lessons to do the right thing, even when you're not sure what the right thing is and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong."

"Exactly," Elizabeth began. "Being a mother means knowing that regardless of whatever else you did or didn't do, you gave the world something beautiful. Motherhood can change us in ways we never expected. It gives us a reason to do more, to be better. You know, Ana, I had all the same worries that you have about being a good mom and how hard it was going to be. But it all changed.

Before I was a mom, I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations. I had never been puked on, pooped on, chewed on or peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. Plus, I slept all night.

I never held down a screaming one year old so doctor's could do tests or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got so gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep. I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down. I never felt my heart into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.

I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a mom. Before I was a mom, I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside of my body. And the feeling is amazing. Being a mother is amazing and I know you'll enjoy every minute of it.

Like my mother said, being a mom is the toughest job in the word, it's going to get hard at times but you know what? It'll be totally worth it."

I smiled at both Raye and Elizabeth. "Thank you guys so much for your words and advice. Your words definitely mean so much to me."

"No problem Anabelle. We're always going to be here to help and give you all the encouraging words and advice you need," Raye said as she leaned forward and hugged me. I pulled away from her, a smile still present on my face.

"Any words for me?" Sean laughed lightly.

"I got it from here," I heard my father's voice say. I turned and watched as my dad walked over to his recliner and sat down in it. I had no idea he had arrived home.

I wonder how long he's been here.

"Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person. Sean, let me tell you something about being a father to a daughter.

Raising a girl takes two parents. A mom to show her how to be a woman and a dad to show her how to be independent. But with everything that happened, I learned to show my daughter how to be both.

A dads job is to make his daughter courageous, fearless. To make her feel beautiful. To give her a sense of adventure. To make her feel secure and confident. Be your daughters first love. Open doors for her, pull her seat out, and talk to her and treat her with the utmost respect. Set expectations on how a man should treat a lady, and she'll never settle for less.

You see Sean, the relationship between a dad and daughter is very simple. She will love her father completely, forever. Because he's her first love, her first hero, and the first man in her life."

I teared up at my father's words because they were so true. He's done all the things he just said with me and I will forever love him for those things. He will forever be my first love, my hero and the first man in my life.

"You'll make a great father Sean, I just know it. You both will be great parents and don't let others tell you otherwise."

"Thank you sir," Sean smiled at him.

"Well this has been great, hasn't it? But Sean, Anabelle-" I looked over at Raye and saw her take the key out of the box and hand it to me. "I think it's time that you both see that apartment of yours."

I smiled and nodded as I took the key from her hand. Sean got up from the couch and helped me up. "Here's the address, the floor number and the apartment number," My father said, handing Sean a piece of paper.

"We'll give you two time to look at it. When you come back, tell us what you both think of it. Okay?" Raye had said to us. Sean and I both nodded as we began to make our way to the front door. Sean opened the door and I walked out, with Sean following right behind.

"See you soon!" Raye yelled, before the front door closed. Sean and I quickly got into the car and began making our way to where our new apartment was waiting for us. The drive there only took ten minutes, which I was very happy about because that meant I wasn't living too far away from Derek and my father.

Sean parked his car in a parking space, before turning off the car. I got out of the car and closed the door. I stared at the apartment building in front of me. Sean walked over to me, staring at the building as well. "You ready?"

I nodded, placing my hand in his as we began to walk towards the entrance. I opened the door and lead the both of us inside. I pressed the button for the elevator and after a short minute the doors opened. We walked inside and I pressed the button for the fourth floor.

I tapped my fingers on the side of my thigh in anticipation. The elevator doors opened and Sean and I walked out, still hand in hand. We walked down the hallway until we reached the door for apartment 4c. I took the key out of my pocket and looked up at Sean, who gave me a small nod.

I unlocked the front door and opened it, placing the key back into my pocket as I walked inside. I was surprised to see the apartment fully furnished. I looked at the nicely decorated living room before peeping my head into the doorway for the kitchen. The kitchen was clean, simple and a decent size.

I let go of Sean's hand as I walked down the small hallway and opened the first door, revealing a nicely decorated and furnished guest bedroom. Next to the guest bedroom was the guest bathroom. After looking into the bathroom, I opened the door that was at the end of the hall.

Because of the size of the bedroom, I knew this was the master bedroom. I mean, it wasn't as big as the one I had at home but it was perfect for Sean and I. I walked into the master bathroom and nodded in approval. It wasn't a big bathroom but it was a good size.

I looked over at Sean who seemed to approve of the bedroom and bathroom as well. I walked out of the bathroom and out of the room so I could see the last bedroom.

I opened the door and gasped as I took in the scene in front of me. The walls of the room were painted a solid soft pink color. I looked around the room and saw a white crib and inside the crib were pink blankets and a pink teddy bear. In the corner of the room was a white rocking chair with a soft pink colored pillow.

On the other wall, facing the crib was a white changing table that had soft pink colored knobs and the cover of the small bed was soft pink as well.

The cubbies of the changing table were filled with diapers, lotions, soaps and ointments. I carefully bent down and opened the two drawers of the changing table and saw some neatly folded onesies and outfits. I closed the drawers and stood up straight, my eyes still roaming around the room.

The room looked so beautiful. I couldn't believe they did all this for us. I carefully sat down on rocking chair and began to gently sway back and forth as my hand rubbed my stomach. Sean walked into the room, a surprised look quickly appeared onto his face.

"Wow," He whispered.

"Yeah. I know," I whispered, still completely surprised. He looked inside the crib and smiled as he picked up the pink teddy bear. "Cute," He murmured softly.

I watched as he looked around the room, opening drawers and smiling whenever he picked up a new outfit. I smiled as I realized, this is how my life was supposed to be. How God planned my life to be this way. And I honestly wouldn't change what happened or regret any of this.

Because I may not have gone where I intended to go in life, but I think I've ended up where I needed to be.

_________________________

Author's Note:

Holy cheese and crackers this chapter is more than 8000 words! What in the hell? I didn't expect to write this much, but I did and I am so shocked right now! This is the longest chapter I've written ever! Whoa.

So I didn't go to school today and I thought I might update because I haven't done so in more than a week. I told you guys why in a status yesterday but if you didn't see it then here it is: I'm sorry for the delayed update! I was in Miami since Thursday and I didn't do much writing while I was over there. But now I'm back!

I was serious when I said I wanted to take my time to update the last few chapters of the book guys. I don't want it to end yet plus I want to make sure the last few chapters are good ones for you! :)

Another quick thing, besides 'Unwritten' I have another story in the works called 'Something About Noah'. You all may have received a notification about it if you follow me. The description is up, if you haven't already read it, you can if you want to and I plan on keeping the description up for awhile. I won't start that story until maybe May at the latest because I'm still not fully finished with the layout of that story. But add it to your library if you're interested! :)

I'm gonna be really honest with you guys. All those stuff about motherhood and fatherhood are quotes I got from Google. I know nothing about motherhood or parenthood for the matter. I'm only sixteen and a long way from that. So bare with me! All credit goes to those who said it, I'm not sure who but please don't bombard me with questions about how I know all this stuff about being a mother cause I don't! Which is why I have my mother and Google to help me, haha. 😆

Anyway, enough of that, so what did you guys think of the chapter? Did you like it? Yes? No? Maybe so? Haha, well I hope you guys did enjoy it. Make me happy by clicking on the star at the end of the chapter and by commenting! You don't have to comment, but I really love reading them! Haha, until next time loves!

Love, Gabby xxxx

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

-Follow

xxxxx infinity_and_beyond3 xxxxx

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

69.8K 4.7K 42
Joanna Brooks had her life all planned. She'd have graduated in time, got a great job, had a successful career. In the middle there would have been a...
61.9K 1.7K 40
"Roslyn i've always had my eyes on you since day one." Riley says pining me down "Give me the chance to show you that I love you." He says leaving lo...
Her Little Secret ✔️ T. I. Rosales

Любовные романы

216K 7.3K 41
I fell in love with this man The man I have thought would love me through and through. The thought of him seeing me as woman had possessed me to d...
Belle 𝔼𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕄𝕒𝕔𝕜

Подростковая литература

1.8M 58.8K 51
[Highest Ranking - #5 in Teen Fiction] [Highest Ranking - #1 in Teen Pregnancy] PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Best Mistake" "She almost couldn't read out...