Kissed by the Baddest Bidder...

By LilyWzy14

Mother ran away when she found out she was pregnant for some reason. So I was born without knowing who my fat... More

KBTBB
The first bidder
iPilot
Eisuke-one
Eisuke-two
Eisuke - three
Eisuke - Four
Eisuke - Five
Eisuke - Six
Eisuke - Seven
Eisuke-eight
Eisuke - nine
Eisuke-ten
Eisuke-eleven
Eisuke-twelve
Eisuke-thirteen
Eisuke-fourteen
Eisuke- fifteen
Second Bidder
Ota-one
Ota-two
Ota-three
Ota-four
Random
Ota-five
Ota-six
Ota-seven
Ota-eight
Ota-nine
Ota-ten
Ota-eleven
Ota-twelve
Ota-thirteen
Ota-fourteen
Ota-Fifteen
Third
Soryu-one
Soryu-two
Soryu-three
Soryu-Four
Soryu-Five
Soryu-Six
Soryu-seven
Soryu-eight
Soryu-nine
Soryu-ten
Soryu-Eleven
Soryu-twelve
Pic
Soryu-Thirteen
Soryu-fourteen
Soryu-Fifteen
Fourth
Baba-One
Baba-two
Baba-three
Baba-four
Baba-five
Baba-Six
Baba-Seven
Baba-Eight
Baba-Nine
Baba-ten
Baba-eleven
Baba-Twelve
Baba-thirteen
Baba-fourteen
Baba-fifteen
Fifth
Mamoru-two
Mamoru-three
Mamoru-four
Mamoru-five
Mamoru - six
Mamoru- seven
Mamoru - eight
Mamoru-nine
500 Followers Special: Q&A
Mamoru - Ten
Mamoru - eleven
Mamoru - twelve
Mamoru-thirteen
Mamoru - fourteen
Mamoru - fifteen
Epilogue - Akemi
Epilogue - Misaki
Epilogue - Yui
Epilogue - Miki
Epilogue - Kyoko
Just spare three minutes of your life to read this
{Spin-off} His Love Story: Asher
{Spin-off} High School Story: Akemi
{Spin-off} High School Story: Miki
{Spin-off} High School Story: Yui
{Spin-off} High School Story: Kyoko

Mamoru-one

3.5K 102 31
By LilyWzy14

Mamoru-one

Spoiler alert: I just wanna say that I called Mamoru's dead partner being a guy the entire time. How can the MC not? When they talked about Minami they never used 'he' or 'she'. So then she went ahead and blabbed on about "I know you still love her" blah blah shiz.

Ok I'm done. And now... the first chapt of Mamoru! :D

Kyoko's PoV

I leaned against the window frame while they gave the lectures to the newbies. This is the best Investigators College Academy in the entire country, and yet these professors are so clamorous.

Out of all the people in my high school who wanted to get in this college, only 3 people actually did.

That's me, my childhood friend, and his roommate. The one standing stiffly at the front and the other one who's looking around with curiosity shining in his eyes.

Another thing is, I'm the only girl in this entire room.

Although probably nobody notices since I blend into backgrounds easily. My forever-messy ash gray hair is chopped at shoulder-length so it won't get in the way. My eyes are the color of smoke, they are usually dull in a bored manner.

"Kyoko Kishi?" The head investigator called out my name in a rather weird manner as if he's seen it before.

"Here." I push out the word. He looked at me, adjusted his glasses, and glanced back down at the name list.

They continued to do the attendance while I spaced out. I didn't have a very legitimate reason for wanting to become a crime investigator or detective. All I did know was that I might be able to meet my father through work.

It wasn't that hard to question mom until she spilled what dad's career was. I'm not trying to reunite my family or any cliché shiz like that.

"Alright!" the loud voice of a commander roared through the room. Everybody bolted upright.

"There are thirty-six of you right now, and by the end of this trainee mission I'm about to give to you now, there will only be thirty of you left! You will be working in groups of three..."

He proceeds to explain about our first task. The organizations suspect that a particular hotel and business group is running a black market auction. However, they have no lead on where it's located.

Are they seriously putting such an important task in the hands of newcomers?

We split up into 12 groups of 3.

"Yo, Kyo." Yoshiro, an idiotic guy friend of mine, waved me over. He seems like the kind of person who never takes anything seriously at first, but his physical abilities are no joke. That's probably how he got in because he failed most of the actual write-ups.

"Wanna team up?" Takumori, my stiff and silent childhood friend, been next-door neighbors since kindergarten, until I moved out and lived on my own. His tests average is over ninety-five and he's amazing with weapons. Just like his name, he's honest and very trustworthy.

"Sure." I finally stand up straight. Yoshiro tosses me a folder containing the necessary documents. I flipped it open.

"Tres Spades Hotel and Casino?" I read out loud. Where have I heard this name before? "How do you suppose we're supposed to find out?"

"Well, we have to go undercover, right?" Yoshiro asks.

"Yeah, the point of this test is to see if we have detective instincts." Takumori examines the picture taken of the large hotel.

"As a matter of fact, I'm sure this so-called auction is first, underground." I dropped the folder back in Yoshiro's hands. "And second, only a special elevator can get to it."

"You mean, like a particular kind of key card that activates an elevator to get there?"

I shake my head, "One specific lift that's used only to get to this auction. They can't risk the police searching the place, and hacking the regular elevator to get there."

"So the first thing we should do is to find that hidden elevator?" Takumori concludes my point.

"Since an auction has to have participants, we can somehow get info out of them, or follow them."

"Man, it's good to have two smart people on my side!" Yoshiro grins, "what's the plan? Actually, how do we know if someone's a participant?"

That question got Takumori and me in thought.

All of a sudden, Yoshiro's expression drops into a slightly more serious one, "To make people talk, we gotta use our advantage. No other groups here have a girl."

"...Excuse me? You better not be saying what I think you're saying, Yoshiro." I swear this guy can be random as hell... but his plans usually work out in the end.

"How could that work..?" Takumori frowned at him.

Yoshiro only snapped his fingers in a decisive manner, "Operation, seductive plan."

~~~

"...It's probably been eight years since I last wore a dress." I said with my arms crossed. Yoshiro put extensions in my hair and put them down in a wavy and elegant manner. The mascara and shining silver eye shadow complimented my eyes.

A nude-colored slim-fitting fishtail dress covered in silver patterns and sequences fitted me perfectly. I'm hesitant about it the knee-slit though.

"Done~! What do you think, Taku?" Yoshiro exaggeratedly waved his hands at me while opening the door to this dressing room. His eyes shined more or less in amazement, and his jaw dropped. I laughed at his reaction, which made him snap back and avoid eye contact.

"Okay, here's what's gonna happen." As Takumori drove, Yoshiro sat in the shotgun while talking to me.

"There's this party at Tres Spades called the I.V.C., see if you can get anything outta anybody there."

"...And?"

"Uh... that's it."

"Don't punch him, Kyoko," Takumori says just in time for me hold back my fist.

Ten minutes later, I stepped into the lobby. And it was gorgeous. I never thought I'd be in any way impressed with interior designs of a building, but this is really something else.

Yoshiro found the flattest wedges he could for me, but they're still killing my heels.

"...Ya here for the I.V.C., kid?"

I look up to a man with a tiresome expression. His hair was in an even darker shade of gray than mine. He smelled familiar.

"Yes," I answer shortly. I couldn't fake a girly smile even if I tried, so I just kept on a neutral face.

He muttered something under his breath before pressing the elevator key for me. "Go to the VIP floor."

"Thank you." I murmured. As soon as the double doors of the elevator shut, it started ascending. I spy a video camera at the corner immediately, which means I can't contact Taku through ear piece right now.

I stare at the bright red numbers that eventually go up to the 50th floor.

I expected a somehow fancy and elegant evening party with some celebrities and well-dressed waiters, but this is far beyond my imagination. There weren't some celebrities, they were all famous celebrities from across the world.

Just by basically scanning the place, I already see several actors, athletes, and even politicians. They are all suspects of being part of the black market auction. How the heck do I start..?

Maybe I can start with whoever first starts speaking to me? No, I need to have more initiative if I want to accomplish this.

"Excuse me. I couldn't help but notice you from across the room." I flinched when a flowy voice sounds from behind me. I look up to a gentle-looking man. I'm not too sure who this is, but since he's here, I'll start by investigating him.

He introduced himself, I gave him a fake name when he asked for mine. Slowly, our conversations steered from personal information to this hotel.

"Since you're here at the party, I'm sure you know about the auctions?" He was easy to crack. I nodded twice. I can feel my heart rate speed up in slight nervousness.

"I'm actually here with my young mistress, I'm supposed to escort her there. But it seems that she already went ahead of me." I make up on the spot with a slightly troubled expression to mask my inner thoughts.

"Ah." He nods in understanding, "that's why you were looking around when I first spot you. Should you go find her now?"

"Well... she's the only one who knows how to get to the auction hall." I look down so my bangs would hide my eyes, "I just have to wait all night, I suppose."

"Aww, I hate to make a lady as lovely as yourself wait here. I'll show you the way there." He reaches out a hand.

"Really...?" I pretend to hesitantly take his hand when I'm eager as heck to find out their secret entrance.

He guided me to the back of the VIP floor and through a door to a quiet hallway. We passed by several doors, which were probably VIP rooms. Is it possible that one of these rooms contain the elevator?

"Here's the staircase that leads there." He pulls open a door, showing concrete stairs that lead down.

"Are you sure? I thought my young mistress said something about an elevator?" I tilt my head in an innocent manner. Panic flashed across his eyes for a quarter of a second. That is the amount of time someone shows their true emotions.

"Really? Pardon me, but you must've remembered wrong. This is indeed the staircase that leads to the auctions."

What am I afraid of? The dark? I mentally took a deep breath, then proceed to descend down the stairs.

After we walked together for about a floor, I suddenly remember our conclusion theories.

'It has to be a hidden elevator that not everybody has access to, or then if the police sweeps the place, it'll immediately be found out.'

The staircase just now, the door could be opened by anyone, and it was visible to anybody. It doesn't fit our analyzations!

"Hm? Why'd you stop?" the man asks me, his voice slightly less patient and soft than before.

Alarm shot through me at this point. We were alone, in a series of dark stairs that led to who-knows-where.

My right hand flew up to my ear, which was hidden by my hair until now. My finger was just about to press against the ear piece so I can speak to Yoshiro or Takumori. But this guy knows the drill. Right away, he had both my arms locked securely above my head. The ear piece fell to the ground, and he smashed it with his foot.

Ah, shit about to go down.

"I thought you didn't look like a servant...." His gentle façade was completely gone now. "Whatever you're here for, it's all gonna change now."

All the self-defense classes I took over the years seem to completely go blank this very minute as I couldn't even move at all to his strength.

What the hell was I thinking, following a complete stranger down here like this?!

"Hmm...I wonder if you're worth at least ten million...." He says in a threatening tone as he slipped out a cloth from his jacket pocket.

So that's why he had a dizzying scent to him.

I turned my head around violently in hope I won't inhale the drugs on that cloth, but I had no escape.

Slowly, I lost feeling in my body, and I blacked out.

Mamoru's PoV

I lit up a cigarette in the corner of the huge lobby. Eisuke gave me some work this time to direct the I.V.C. guests to the right place. Otherwise, I'd be taking a nap right about now.

Just as I toss the finished cigarette bud on the tank nearby, I spot a girl wondering around. A lost kid?

By the way she's dressed, she shouldn't just be a child who lost her mom. Maybe she's twenty something years old already and just look really young.

She behaved rather maturely than what I could've imagined for someone her age. I didn't think much after she went in the elevator to the I.V.C.

After a long time of walking around, I finally head up to the penthouse lounge. As one of the auction sponsors, I still need to be present to monitor the sales.

Painful memories shoot back whenever I do. Even now when I go visit Minami's grave, I remember how that idiotic kid thought he was a woman and that I was still in love with that imaginary woman.

I lit up another cigarette as I thought. The smell of it calmed me, but it also reminds me of how she would scold me that smoking is bad and then she would confiscate it.

I sat at my usual place by the window, blinking occasionally.

"Hey, stop it. It's getting cloudy in here." Soryu says, not even turning back.

I didn't say anything back, to even my own surprise. Arian and I first met through these auctions, so they just remind me of how she left over and over again.

"And now! For the grand finale we've all been hoping for!" the voice of the auctioneer rings through the auction hall and also through the speakers of the monitor in the lounge.

I didn't even pay attention what the final item was until the loud voice rung out: "A young, healthy Japanese girl!"

There haven't been any people up for sale ever since Arian. Who is that?

I lifted my head and took a good look at what's up on stage. I felt like I saw her somewhere, but I didn't think any further.

"Hey, Mamo. You wanna bid for this one?" Baba asks in his serious tone.

I sat back, "Not really."

The room was silent for a few seconds, the only sounds to hear were the biddings constantly increasing.

Eisuke finally spoke, "we can't let this slip either way since it violates the rules of the auctions."

"Is it by the AID again?" Kisaki asks. They went back to talking as Eisuke punched in his bidding number.

I look back to the monitor. The girl's looking around. She didn't seem scared, but it seemed like she was trying to remember everything she can see.

Her reactions are similar to hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And...that was the first chapter :3

Comment what you think and don't be shy to message me :D

December 23rd 2015

Have a Merry Christmas!

Akashi and Kaneki's birthday was 20th T^T at times like those I really wanna start an anime one-shot book, but I really shouldn't or else I'll have to On Hold one or two of my current works.

Thanks for reading

-Lily

Reach me outside of Wattpad:

Quotev – LilyWzy14

Kik – lilywzy14 (tell me ur from Wattpad)

QuizUp – Lily Z. Wzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 231 20
Set in futuristic Metro City, Astro Boy follows the story of a young robot who was created by a brilliant scientist in the image of the son he has lo...
651K 14.6K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.9K 86 24
"Oh, no. Nope. No way. This is a terrible idea, dude!" "Well, have you got a better one, Nino?" 𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎ Three weeks hav...
714K 43.8K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...