Friends to Lovers... Impossib...

By loveispriceless

I really don't know what's gotten into me? Surely there isn't a disease that makes you miss a person so much... More

Best Friends
Library
Nate Fisher
The Game
This is not a "date"
Jealousy?
Are you scared of losing your best friend?
The Party (part 1)
The Party (part 2)
Nate's Confession
Waiting for her
Liz's Confrontation
Kou's Reply
First Kiss
Girlfriend
I'll be right here by your side
I love you
Friends to Lovers

I don't associate with playboys

4.1K 184 8
By loveispriceless

Hello fellow readers,

I am sorry it took me so long to update, but I had classes and finals were crazy. I am planning to write as much as I can this winter break, because I know once the semester starts again I will not have much time to write or even sleep.

Well, enough of me babbling lets continue where we left off...

--------------------------

Kou POV

This week feels like it is going on forever, it's only Wednesday. I'm just glad that I finished my math test yesterday. I think I did pretty well on it, which is surprising since I didn't study that much over the weekend, given that I spend most of it with Kevin.

Speaking of last weekend, I smile every time I think about it. Kevin took me to watch a movie, we then went shopping and ended our night at one of my favorite place to eat, Olive Garden. Then on Sunday evening he came over and we sat on the couch watching movies all night. It has been so long since I had time to relax and being with Kevin always makes me forget about everything else. That is until I realized that I had a math test that following Tuesday. I don't think I have ever crammed for a test in my entire life, but that is exactly what I did the whole day on Monday.

"Hey Kou, wait for me." Liz called.

"What's up?" I replied while opening my locker to retrieve my backpack.

Popping the bubble gum in her mouth she asked, "Did you need a ride home today?"

"Not today, I have a few projects I need to work on before the weekend, I will probably be at the library until late tonight. Besides Kevin has football practice, I'll text him to take me home."

"All right then sweet cakes, I'll see you tomorrow." Giving me a small wave she exited through the doors.

Sigh, I am not looking forward to these next 4 hours of homework. Shuffling my feet I slowly made my way to the library.

*3 and a half hours later*

Setting my pencil down with a sigh of relief, I smiled down at my work. I have finally finished my 2nd project, which means I only need one more and then I would be done. Looking outside I saw that the sun was setting making the sky fill with colors. Looking around me I notice that only a few students still remained in the library, which is not surprising because it closes in half an hour.

I guess I should head home too.

"Hey princess," said a familiar voice behind me.

Whipping around I look up to see Nate smiling down at me. I have to be honest, I didn't know how to act or how to really approach this situation. The last time I saw him was when Kevin was dragging me away from him at the game Friday night. I wouldn't say I was scared of him because of the way he acted, I am more confused on why he acted in such a way.

"Princess, am I that good looking?" chuckled Nate.

Blushing I shook my head no, "Of course not, I was just um.... thinking. Yeh, thinking for a bit"

Slightly laughing at me Nate leaned down until his lips was near my ears, "Well then you need to do that more often because you look adorable when you're zoned out."

Quickly slapping my right hand by my ear, I moved away from him, chills running through my body. "Whha--at do you want Nate?"

Knowing how much he affected me he smirked, "Nothing, I come by the library to check out a book, and to my surprise I saw something even better, you."

Feeling my cheeks heat up I shook my head, "You really are a flirt aren't you?"

"Only to you princess."

"Why do you call me that?"

"You mean princess?" Nate asked.

"Yeh"

"Because it matches you.

"Well stop it, I don't like being called that, because I am nothing like a princess."

"Maybe not to you, but to me you are."

"Well then," I stated, "feel free to elaborate on it, I'm all ears."

Grabbing my right hand that now laid on the table, he grasped it slightly but firmly in his. I don't know why I didn't pull away but somehow I just couldn't. "Well first off, you're bea---"

"Attention students, the library will be closely in 5 minutes, if you are going to check out a book please do it at this time..."

I pulled my hand away from Nate's as soon as the intercom came on. What is going on with me, why am I letting him affect me?

"Well I better go check this out then," said Nate. I watch as he calmly got ready to leave. In fact, he acted like our conversation didn't even happen.

Then it dawn on me, it's 7pm and I have no ride home. I totally forgot to text Kevin earlier. Stopping Nate before he left I asked, "Nate when did you guys finish with practice?"

"About an hour ago, why what's up."

Damn, a whole hour ago. I didn't want to call Kevin to come all the way back to school just to pick me up.

"Did you need a ride home princess?"

Did this guy read minds or what? I really didn't want to ask him, mostly after our weird conversation. I didn't know how well the ride home with him will turn out. However, I did not want to bother Kevin, Liz or my family to come pick me up. Be damn with the awkwardness that may happen, I needed to get home.

With pleading eyes I nodded, "yes, I do"

With a large smile he answered, "Well then it will be my pleasure to give my princess a ride home."

With just a small nod of agreement I followed him out the library. As much as I am against the "princess" nickname, I feel like he wouldn't listen to me even if I told him to stop calling me that, I tired already and clearly that didn't work.

------------

Luckily the drive to my house wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be, in fact it was the total opposite. Nate chatted with me, made jokes and totally put me at ease. In fact I kind of like this side of him, not the playboy side but this caring and humorist individual side that he was showing me now. In the short 30 minutes to my house we talked about everything to anything. I labeled him as "playboy" since the first time I saw him, but somehow that didn't matter at all right now because I feel like I have gotten to know him so much better. I was starting to think that maybe we can even become good friends, that is if he slows off on his flirting.

Before I knew it we were in my parking lot.

"Thank you very much Nate, I appreciate you sending me home"

"Not a problem princess, anytime."

Giving him my best smile I opened the door to step out when I felt Nate grab my hand. Slightly tugging me towards him he whispered in my ears again, "Don't think that we are done with our conversation from earlier. I'm going to tell you one day why you are my princess."

Letting go of my hand, he gave me a smile, "Well off you go now."

Not even knowing what to say or do I got off, grabbed my backpack and shut the passenger door. I just stood there as Nate backed out of my driveway. What did he mean by my princess, and when did I become his?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin POV

Both my fists tighten as I saw Nate lean over to whisper into Kou's ears. Anger flared through my body and all I wanted to do at that moment was to walk over there and beat the crap out of Nate. I knew I couldn't though, Kou would hate me for it. She hated violence the most and it was something she always look down upon. Being in a fight would also mean good-bye to my position on the football team. So I did the only thing I could, I stood there and watch unable to do anything.

I stared at Kou while she watch Nate drive away, however I couldn't tell what her expression showed. Was she sad, mad or happy? I hope that she wasn't sad to see Nate leave. Just that thought alone made me dig my nails deeper into my hands. There is no way she would fall for Nate, because he wasn't her type. But wait, what is her type? I never thought to ask, in fact Kou has never had a boyfriend as far as I know. Nevertheless, Nate does not deserve someone as good as Kou. She deserve someone way better, like...like... well I don't know, as long as it's not Nate, anyone would do!

Speed walking to catch Kou before she enter her house, I grabbed her hand turning her to me. A small gasp escape her lips and somehow all my anger faded away, and instead I become concerned. I didn't mean to scare her.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

With a blank stare she removed her hand from my grasp and replied, "It's alright, did you need something?"

"Did Nate drop you off?" I didn't even know why I asked her this, for I clearly saw them. Somehow I felt like I wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

Kou push a strand of hair behind her ears, somehow I find that gesture extremely adorable. Why, I wouldn't know. "Yeh, he did," she responded.

"Why didn't you tell me you were still at school, I could have waited for you. Even if I have left you could have still called me."

"I know, but I didn't want you to drive all the way to school just to pick me up. Also I was already with Nate, so I ask him to give me a ride home and he said yes."

"What! You were already with Nate?" What was going on with these two, is there something going on with Kou and Nate I didn't know about. All my anger returned in an instant and somehow a felt even angrier then before.

Kou put her right hand on my forearm and looked up, "What's wrong Kevin, your acting strange."

I wanted to calm down, I really did, but I didn't know why I was so angry. I knew I would do something that I would definitely regret later. "Why are you hanging out with him Kou? Don't you know he has a reputation for being a playboy at his old school? You shouldn't being hanging around with guys like that. They will only do you harm."

Instantly Kou drop her hand from my arm and her eyes turned dark brown. "Kevin, what has gotten into you? You have no right to tell me who I should and should not be hanging around with, last time I check you are not my mother. If I wanted to hang out with Nate you have no authority from stopping me from seeing him"

I knew I was making her angry, but I become even more piss off when she said she was seeing him. "Kou, he is not right for you. You can find someone so much better then Nate. Besides didn't I tell you that he was a playboy, don't you hate those types of guys, do you want to get hurt and cry over some dumb guy you just met? Guys like that will only break your heart, you shouldn't even associate yourself with those types."

"How can you judge Nate like that, have you even given a chance to know him. He may have his playboy side, but he is a good guy and a very nice one too."

This argument is going nowhere can't she see that I am only looking out for her, "How do you know for sure that he is a nice guy, what if he is doing that to lure you in. He might be ---."

"Shut up!" Kou yelled. I was actually taken back a bit, Kou rarely got angry. "Who are you to judge Nate? Also the last time I check, you mister, are a playboy yourself. And don't you dare stick up for yourself, you know you have your share of women too so you have no right to say that about Nate. If you do not want me to associate with Nate because he is a so call "playboy" then maybe I shouldn't come near or associate with you at all either since you, yourself, is as much of a "playboy" as Nate is."

Oh crap. Kou does have a point, I am known as playboy at school by most people. I'm not saying I'm a man hoe, it's just girls tend to bore me easily sometimes and when that happens I move on to the next one. That is why I don't want Kou to hang out with Nate, I don't want to see her heart broken at all. I was about to tell her that when voice sounded behind us.

"Kou, Kevin, is everything alright out there?" Ask Ms. Ami, Kou's mother, from the front door.

Before I can answer Kou shouted, "Yes mom, we are done." Even though we were clearly not done with this conversation. I was about to protest when Kou glared at me and stormed to her house.

"Kou!" I called after her, "we are not done with this conversation."

Stopping and shooting me a glare once again, she replied, "Sorry mister, I don't associate with play boys," turning back she stormed right into her house.

Oh shit, now I really pissed her off.

---------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 9.4K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...
1.5K 158 29
• 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 • "What's your name?" I asked. "Damien," he said with his deep voice. I did not expect his voice to be...
Clueless By Ash:)

Teen Fiction

393K 10.4K 30
He runs up behind you, picking you up and spinning you around. You laugh and blush the whole time. He finally sets you down and kisses your forehead...
2.2K 138 21
Samantha and Kei were neighbors and classmates for years. She has being in love with him for a while. So when his parents decided to move to Japan, S...