Cold Mate

By Itztyciaaj

He's the most heartless Alpha to ever exist, it says it all in the great books and even in kids bedtime stori... More

Chapter 1 (Douche bag)
Chapter 2 (Everyone Deserves To Be Loved)
Chapter 3 (The Denial)
Chapter 4 (Leaving Home)
Chapter 5 (The arrival)
Chapter 6 (After Introduction Comes The Dreams)
Chapter 7 (Never A Fairytale)
Chapter 8 (I love her not)
Chapter 9 (Background History)
Chapter 10 (There's more to Him)
Chapter 11 (The World Of Friendship And Rejection)
Chapter 12 (Mystery Solved)
Chapter 14(I Really Want Her Back Here With Me)
Chapter 15 (The Effort Is All That Matters)
Chapter 16 (Start of the Love Battle)
Chapter 17(Your Duties or Me?)
Chapter 18 (The Guardian)
Chapter 19 (Sorry Isn't Enough to Fix This)

Chapter 13 (I'll Kill Anyone Who Tries To Harm You.)

11.3K 286 16
By Itztyciaaj

Forcing myself to pull away from him, we stared at each other intensely with me making sure to have every detail of this encounter memorized and nailed in my brain. I longed to kiss him, with our faces just inches apart, I moved in to close our distance but he pulled away.

"I have to go," not knowing how to reply, I nodded feeling a wave of jilt flood me because he didn't seem like he had any thoughts of kissing me.

When he opened the door, a strong built guy with jet black hair stood in front of him. He bowed to show us both respect. "Here I am Alpha, Ken told me you wanted to see me." The guy spoke.

"Yes, I want you to start you duty as the Luna's bodyguard." Jordan replied, why would I need a guard to follow me around in the house. "Leticia meet Vince." He introduced us and I smiled at him.

"Um one moment Vince," I said and dragged Jordan back into the room shutting the door. "I don't need anyone to look after me, I can take care of myself." I announced seriously.

"Yes you do and I will not change my mind, he's one of our top warriors therefore he's capable of protecting you. He must be with you wherever you go and just in case you try to play hide and seek, just know he'll be punished for every second you go missing without him. I have to get going." He left me aggravated because I knew there was no way out of this and I wouldn't want anyone getting penalized for my actions.

Leaving the room, I smiled uneasily at Vince, "hey," I waved my hand at him which for some reason caused him to chuckle, Awkay.

"I'm a tough guy but that doesn't mean I'm always serious Luna." He said and I thanked the Moon Goddess that he wasn't like those big muscled bodyguards you see on TV who couldn't smile or laugh.

"That's awesome, I feel relieved. Are you hungry, it's dinner time and I'm heading downstairs to the kitchen?" I offered.

"Sure, I could eat homemade food after days of relying on fruits, rabbits and squirrels as a source of food during patrol." He replied and I wondered how many hours they spent patrolling.

"How long do you guys spend patrolling." I questioned.

"We spend long hours and days making sure the bother is protected, there's always patrol going on regardless the time of the day." These people are seriously obsessed with patrol because back in my pack they had set times for patrol which was mostly at night.

"How big the pack," I questioned him again.

He looked at me and smiled, "It's big, plus our territory stretches out further into the mountains, the pack house isn't where all the wolves live, there are other houses in a good size wolf community to the west not long from here. Everyone loves being in the pack house, but not everyone you see here lives here including the Alpha."

"The Alpha doesn't live here?"

"No, he lives amongst us, the people and he has his own house but is he stays here when he believes the pack is in danger. The Beta is the one who resides here." Okay, I didn't know all that but then again I wouldn't expect Jordan to start telling me this.

"I'd love to go there since I practically haven't been anywhere except for the woods and the pack house." I wanted to explore my mate's territory and also know his house.

"Well it's your lucky night because, one of the girls is hosting a party in her house tonight, her parents aren't around, and I want to go bu-..."

"Don't worry, we're going Vince, count me in." I cut him off, not wanting to miss a chance at my first party and I wouldn't want him to miss a party because of me.

"Okay Luna." He replied.

Turning to him, I put my index finger up, "the name is Leticia not Luna."

"Can I call you Leti?" He questioned.

"Sure."

After eating white rice with chicken vegetable stew my dear Louise made for us, I got to know more about Vince. He is twenty years old, has two siblings and they live in the wolf community. He hasn't found his mate although he believes he smelt her once in the pack house, he's still in search of her but because of patrol he hasn't found much time to do so. I hope he finds her. We spoke about our childhood and likes, dislikes, hobbies and fighting abilities since he's one of the top warriors. I'm thinking about sparring with him one day to see what he's made of.

We bonded pretty quickly, something I've not been able to do with my mate. I decided to go upstairs and get ready for the party and agreed to meet him in the living room downstairs. Upon entering my room, I saw Lex sitting on my bed . "Hey girl what's up?" I asked her throwing myself on the bed.

"Nothing, just came to check up on you," she said with an overly excited smile plastered on her face as she looked at me. There was something off about her smile.

"Okay, what is it?" I knew she wanted something.

"Well since you're alright, I wanted you to come to a party with me tonight, in the wolf community." She said with pleading eyes, and an adorable face.

"No, I won't go with you because I'm already going with someone but sure you can tag along." Her eyes went wide.

"Who, the Alpha?" she asked.

"No, my new guard, Vince."

"I hope you're aware that Vince is my cousin."

"I had no idea but it's great to know you guys are related so I wouldn't need to make any introductions on my part."

"Let's get dressing." she declared. Jumping off the bed and going through my closet to get me the right outfit. It took some digging before she pulled out a white sleeveless pattern floral print dress Edna bought for me when she went shopping with Lejla back in my pack. It was cute and perfect for the occasion. I matched it with white pointed toe high heels. I curled the tip of my hair and applied a little bit of makeup with mascara.

Lex already had on a pink cutaway sleeveless wraparound rouched bodycon dress with black with bow slingbacks high heeled pumps. She had makeup on with her curly hair in a side bun which looked cute. We were officially ready, after some selfies we headed to the living room to meet Vince then headed to the party.

The house was beautiful and the party was wild with people on the floor rocking to the music. I was greeted by most people and met Lex's friends whom I met at my introductory. Vince was going to get me a beer after successfully convincing him to have fun and leave my side for some time but he refused.

"Whose party is this," I asked taking a bottle of beer out of Vince's hand.

"Mine, and I clearly remember everyone's name on my invitation list except for you." Guess who? My dear little Cathy aka Doggy.

"Don't be silly Catherine, you don't even have a guest list." Lex spoke behind me.

"Well I sure as hell don't want this lover snatcher here." She retorted.

"When will you ever let it sink into your brain that you were never meant to be with Jordan and that you can never take my place as Luna?" I was honestly getting sick and tired of her always trying to pick a fight with me.

Not wanting to hear her reply, I dragged Vince to the dance floor and we started dancing to Hey Mama by David Guetta and Nicki Minaj. He was behind me the whole time, we rocked and grinded to a few more songs when I decided to go grab a drink.

After taking two shots of tequila, I grabbed a bottle of beer. As werewolves, it takes a lot of alcohol consumption to get us drunk. "I see the whore in you is starting to show, don't you think." Someone said behind me and I knew it was Cathy. God why won't she leave me alone.

"What do you want from me?" I rolled my eyes and turned to face her.

"Nothing," she said simply.

"Then leave because you might push me to the edge if you say one more word."

"Your words don't scare me, you worthless, pathetic and incompetent wolf who thinks she's good enough to be Luna." She said and hell did I want to tear her apart for disrespecting Shay and I. Calm down Leti, calm down.

"Do not push me further or you'll regret it." I spoke through my teeth trying hard to maintain my cool.

"What are you going to do huh? All I'm doing is telling you the truth about how you and your family are a poor excuse of a Beta clan. I heard that your dad is the weakest Beta ever to exist in your old pack and I guess I'll prove that when I get the opportunity to beat you up." She smirked.

There was a loud crack in the wall, because I sure as hell threw her into it. I got on top and started punching the living daylight out of her. She was scratching my arms to make me stop but I didn't. "I'm will kill you!" Shay's infuriated voice came out of my mouth.

We had caught the attention of everyone, Vince and Lex tried to intervene but Shay looked up at them, "Anyone who touches me should be ready to die." They promptly backed up.

My eyes darkened, I got off her and threw her into the wall again. I heard a crack and assumed I broke a bone in her body because she hollered extremely loud.

She instantly transformed into a brown white wolf and charged at me, she bit my leg, the one with the ankle injury earlier. I whimpered and transformed into my wolf.

Shay took over, she received the kicks, bites and scratches I inflicted on her. She managed to throw me into a wall but I swiftly recovered and charged at her again. I dug my canines into her neck making sure to draw out blood which I did.

She was weak and I wanted to get her into a submit hold before I ended her miserable life. I mean, the girl had to give me the last respect before she died. It took a while after struggling to get out of my tight hold before she submitted.

I was about to dig my claws into her heart and rip it out of nowhere Jordan spoke up, dammit. "Stop this nonsense right now." I paid him no mind and continued, as my claws broke Cathy's skin she yelled.

"I said stop," his voice carried so much rage and that I quickly got of her. I saw blood on the floor a lot that instead of feeling shocked and sad, I felt proud. "Transform." He said to Cathy and she did, she looked lifeless but I could hear her groaning Vince picked her naked body up and took her away as I still remained in wolf form.

"Go and change right this minute," He turned to me, I went with Lex to a room where I changed back to human form. She wrapped a piece of cloth around me and I went outside following Jordan to wherever he was taking me.

Out in the streets of the wolf community, there were beautiful houses with lot of people outside because of the incident. There was a particularly beautiful house that stood out, it was a luxury home. Jordan led me into it and I guessed it was his house.

Entering into the house, I took in my environment. Right when you enter the house, there is a staircase on your right that takes you upstairs and on the left lead to what I assumed was the living room. Jordan slammed the door behind me causing me to jump.

"You have gotta be freaking kidding me right now Leticia, almost killing a pack member and threatening whoever tried to intervene. Are you for real?" He was outraged.

"She deserved it for dissing my wolf and family." I retorted.

"You could have just ignored her instead of trying to kill her, now I have to confront her family. What do you think their reaction would be when they find out that the Luna was the one who almost killed their daughter." He burst out loud and ran his hand through his hair.

"Why do you speak as if I killed the poor bitch. I expect her parent to come bowing to me and thanking me for not killing their daughter's sorry ass."

He went to the living room and sat on one of the couches running his hand through his hair several times again.

"Do you mind getting me some clothes, it is very uncomfortable being wrapped around in a piece of cloth." Looking up at me he told me to wait while he went upstairs to get me some clothes.

Laying in a fetus position in the couch I waited for him to get downstairs.

Anonymous POV

I watched her fall asleep, there was no sign of her mate. The perfect time to kidnap her and make her suffer for what she did to my brothers was now.

Watching her from a distance through the glass sliding door, I tried to break in without her mate hearing or realizing anything. I slid open the glass door which was already unlocked.

Today is my lucky day, quietly inching close to her, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I knew who it was. I can't have Alpha Leroy see me or else it's going to be my head on a plate.

I wanted Leticia dead and before I could do that I needed to stay alive. I can die later after fulfilling my duty to kill her.

Quickly rushing back outside, I managed to close the door before her mate came downstairs. Hiding behind the bushy flowers I watched him arrive with a shirt in his hand.

After a few seconds, he appeared alarmed and came outside, he probably smelt my scent in the room. He came outside, looked around and went back inside. I had a feeling he knew where I was hiding but did nothing, I wasn't sure.

Alpha Leroy carried her in his arms and they left the house. I finally released the breath I realized I was holding. Man did I think I was about to die, I fear the Alpha but I will do anything to kill his mate.

Leticia's P.O.V

"Rise and shine mon amie." I heard Lex's voice and pulled my covers up to block the sun rays when she opened the curtains.

"Get up lazy girl, your mate wants to see you." Pulling the covers off I realized I was back in my room.

"What happened, how did I get here?" Last thing I remember was being in Jordan's house.

"The Alpha carried you home." A smile formed on my lips at the thought of Jordan carrying me in his strong arms.

"Who put this shirt on me?" I had on a dark gray v-neck shirt. Oh my God please don't tell me he put the shirt on me.

"I think the Alpha did because it was late when he brought you in yesterday. I don't think he could have gotten Louise or any of the women to put it on you. He stayed in here for a while before he went out to patrol the borders."

"How do you know?" Lex had answers for all my questions.

"Vince told me, hurry and get dressed, the Alpha wants to see you." She said again and turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"The girls and I are planning to visit Cathy. Her sister told us she's in pretty bad shape." She replied, I kind of felt guilty for putting her in that position but honestly I don't have any regrets.

"Oh," was all I could say.

Getting up to take a bath and perform my morning necessities, I put on a fitting black jeans and a white v neck shirt with black flats. Putting my hair in a messy bun and grabbing my phone I left for my mates office.

Deciding not to knock, I entered and took a seat right in front of him. He was looking at a map with Ash but quickly put it aside when I arrived.

"Hello Beta " I said to Ash who was folding up the map.

"Hello My beautifully fierce Luna." I grinned like a little girl at his response not failing to notice Jordan's stare on me.

"My dashing handsome mate, I heard you called for me because you missed me. Here I am, I'm all yours." I turned to Jordan who said nothing in response, typical rude Alpha.

Ash shook his head and proceeded to leave the office. "See you later Leti."

"See you Ash" I replied before he left.

Jordan just stared at me. "What?"

"You seem to be in a good mood this morning forgetting about the fact that you almost killed a pack member. She's in coma right now as we speak." He said, he was really expecting me to feel any type of remorse.

"Dear mate, you are being very judgemental and seem to be forgetting the fact that you killed two people yesterday." I replied.

"I'll kill anyone who tries to hurt you or be of harm to you. They happened to be the latter so they had to die." He said firmly.

"Cathy deserved what she got. Also note that she not my pack member since I'm still tied to my old pack. " I spoke calmly. "Is she the reason why you called me here?" I questioned.

"No." He responded.

"Then speak up and stop trying to make me feel bad." I calmly told him.

"I want you to be inducted into the pack." My eyes popped out, I was amazed since he was the same person who told me that there wouldn't be any induction because of that prophecy.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Being bonded to you mentally is a way of ensuring my wolf and I that you're safe." I was beyond ecstatic at his decision. He's really trying to be a better mate.

"What about the prophecy." I wasn't ready to be the cause of something happening to him, I could never live with myself if that ever happened.

"Don't worry about it. We have each other right now and that's all that truly matters at this point." He replied sincerely. Shay and I were celebrating, first time he has ever said such sweet heart melting words to us.

I knew my relationship with Jordan needed much fixing but at the rate were now starting of, we'll be where I want us to be as mates some day.

"When is it going to be." I inquired.

"Tomorrow at midnight, it's going to be a half moon." Jordan replied. Man I wanted to hug him and tell him how excited I was that he was give us a try after all they happened to him in the past but I and contained myself.

"Were you the one who put the shirt on me." I asked him the one question that has been on my mind since I woke up.

He smiled and nodded, I honestly didn't know what to say, my mate saw me naked. As wolf we're used to being naked after changing back into human form but it felt weird knowing my mate saw me naked.

"Don't worry I didn't do anything" he said.

"It's not that, it's just that I feel..." I paused looking for the right word.

"Self conscious?" He suggested and I nodded. "Don't worry, you're perfect in eyes." I was flattered.

"Vince is waiting for you downstairs. Promise me you won't go anywhere without him, seriously." Jordan said solemnly.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Someone was after you yesterday. He came to my house when I was upstairs and you were asleep. He hid behind the bushy flowers thinking I didn't see him." He told me and I couldn't put my mind to who it might have been.

"Why didn't you do anything." He could have captured the person or something like that.

"I don't think you would have liked to see me kill three people in a day," Was his reply.

I nodded and said, "I promise." Jordan gave me his pinky and we did a pinky swear. I smiled due to the fact that he just made us act like kids. Also our contact ignited sparks between us.

"I'm going to make some cereal do you want anything?" He shook his head and I wondered if he even had the time to eat.

"Do you honestly have time to eat." I asked.

"Yeah, Louise always makes sure that I eat." I was jealous of Louise but I knew I could take over taking care of my mate but I didn't want to just take it away from Louise just yet.

"See you later handsome." I went around the desk putting my arms around him and gave him a kiss on his neck then left the room.

Entering the kitchen with Vince, I made myself some cereal. After finishing it, I took an apple, washed it started to eat it.

Looking at Vince I spoke "Let's go for a run, I need to think." He nodded and followed me outside the house. I saw a group of warriors escorting a guy to the direction of the pack house.

I didn't have to look twice to know that it was Tyler, Edna's brother from my old pack. I quickly ran to meet them halfway pulling him in a tight embrace. He threw his arms around me lifting me off my feet.

"I miss you so much." I said in his ear, hugging him tighter not ready to let him go because hugging him felt like home.

I heard a low angry growl behind me, knowing it belonged to Jordan, I pulled myself away from Ty and turned to face my mate whose eyes had turned darker with an unreadable expression.

Trying to make light of the situation I spoke "Jordan, this is Tyler from my old pack."

"I know, we were expecting him." He replied. Come to think of it why was Tyler here. Seeing the still angry look on Jordan's face I moved towards him and cupped his face in my hands forcing him to look down at me.

Staring into my eyes it felt like he was looking through my soul, searching for something. He pulled me closer to him inhaling my scent, as I wrapped my arms around him. We stood in this position for sometime, I was honestly loving it until he pulled back. His eyes were back to normal, he held me beside him.

"Let's go to my office," he told Tyler who motioned to follow my mate.

"We're going to talk about some issues, I'll see you later and I guess you guys have a few thing to catch up on." Jordan said to me and turned to lead Ty back into the pack house.

"Are we still up for that run," Vince asked and I kinda forgot he was there with me.

"Nah, how about we take a walk, let's to go to the pond." He nodded and we walked in comfortable silence until we got to the pond. I sat on a rock and put my feet in the after taking my shoes off.

"This part of the woods including the pond is not part of our territory so be careful when you come here alone. There's a different but kind of identical pond in our territory I'll show you when we get back." I nodded and noted to myself to use the different pond so not to get my mate worried.

Vince sat on a nearby rock and looked at me with a questionable expression.

"What?" I asked.

"Tyler huh?"

"What about him?" I inquired.

"You guys looked cosy." I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh no, no, no. He's like a brother to me and although I used to like him when we first met and he was my first kiss but that's it." I convinced him that there was nothing there between Ty and I.

He was laughing at what I said, "well it seems that Tyler is not over you. The way he looked at you when you saw each other and the way he was looking at you when you were hugging the Alpha seems like he's still in love with you." I guess I have a Vince the love detective in my life now.

"Hold up right there, he loves me as a sister and that's it. " I assured him. vince id just crazy, Tyler doesn't have any feelings for me. In fact the only one he has for me is a sisterly thing.

"Well tell him not to do anything stupid to aggravate the Alpha." He said finally.

"He wouldn't." I was glad that this conversation was over now.

I heard footsteps and so did Vince, we both were alarmed and instantly a guy appeared before us with five other male werewolves. "Just the girl I've been after for sometime now. You were kind enough to come to me yourself, how fortunate." He looked at me with a creepy smile.

He looked to be about 6''2 feet, with hazel eyes and dark hair probably around twenty eight years old. Weirdly his eyes reminded me of Jordan's. "What do you want?" Vince asked.

"Her." the guy pointed at me and commanded two guys to attack. Vince began fighting them but the three other guys came for me. I stood in a fighting stance ready to fight them off. We struggled before they grabbed me.

Their leader came forward and injected me with something. Silver, every werewolves weakness. I felt it in my blood, and began to lose my consciousness.

All five of them started beating up Vince and I couldn't do anything to help but cry in pain repeating Jordan's name hoping that my wolf could reach his wolf. Eventually everything turned black and I was swallowed by a pit of darkness. 

Thank You Guys So Much For The Wait, Hope You Love It. That's A Picture Of Jordan's Picture. <3<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
388K 4.4K 7
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 4 of the "My Mate......" series Ryker Storm is the alpha of the Alpha is the Moonlit Oasis Pack...
992K 22.4K 23
He caressed my soft cheek with his rough hands yet so gentle whenever they touch me"Jade,my love don't leave me come back with me" He is so vulnerabl...
5.1K 382 22
He knows his mate is dead. He never met her but he knows. No wolf wants to be without their mate but young Alpha Bane has lost his before he could ev...