I'll Be There in a Flash

By mabaronlovesbts

Tori Gomez was friends with Barry Allen and Iris West. They grew up together and never left each others side... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
Sequel!!!

15

600 11 0
By mabaronlovesbts

After the date me and Barry walk hand in hand to the house. We see that Felicity was still there, "Hey, you two. So how was the date?" she asks and I smile at Barry. "Amazing." I say and Barry laughs. "Hey, you wanna go to Jitters?" Barry asks me and Felicity and we both nod. We walk into Jitters and we see Iris. "Hey." she says as she carries the tray of coffee's. "Hey, do you want me to help you with that?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "No, it's ok. Besides your a guest today." she says and I shrug. "How was the date?" Iris asks me and Barry and we smile. "It was good." Barry says and I nod. "Good, sit at a table and I'll be there to take your order soon." Iris says and we nod. "Hey, Felicity, if you have time maybe we can show you Central City's nightlife." Iris says and I nod. "Oh. No. I get plenty of nightlife in Starling City." Felicity says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh. This is something that I don't think that you're gonna wanna miss. Trivia night at Jitters." she says and I roll my eyes.

"Ugh. I hate trivia night." I say and they all laugh.

"Eddie's not excited about it, I admit, but could be our night guys." Iris says and I look at Barry.

"Our night to win $75 worth of cappuccinos?" Barry asks and I take the paper from his hands and Felicity takes it from me.

"Uh, yum. You know what, I'm gonna go call work, check in, make sure everything's ok." Felicity says and we nod.

"You know that it's gonna be you and Eddie, me and Barry as couples and Felicity's gonna be alone, right?" I ask Iris and she nods.

"I just thought that we should show her some fun here in Central City." she says and I nod.

"I really don't want to come to trivia night, Iris." I say to her and she glares at me.

"Come on guys. It'll be fun." she says and Barry nudges my elbow trying to convince me. He gives me the puppy dog eyes that I give him and I roll my eyes. "Don't do that bit! It's mine!" I say to him smacking his arm and he laughs. "I'll stop doing your bit, if you come to trivia night." he says and I think for a minute. "Fine, but I'm not answering any questions." I say and they laugh. "Great, I'll call Eddie." Iris says and I roll my eyes and smile. "This is part 2 of date night." Barry says wrapping his arms around my waist and I laugh as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Sounds like fun." I say and he leans in and kisses me. "Aww, you two look so adorable." we hear Felicity say as she walks in and we turn to her and laugh. "Funny." I say to her and I start to think that maybe I should let Felicity in on my little secret. I mean I have Joe, but telling Felicity wouldn't be a problem either. "Felicity, could I talk to you for a minute?" I ask her and she nods. We walk out of Jitters leaving Barry and Felicity looks at me.

"What's up, Tori?" she asks and I bite my lip.

"I need to tell you something, but you can't tell Barry or the others about it." I say to her and she nods slowly, but looks confused.

"I have powers like Barry. Well not exactly like Barry, but I have powers." I say.

"You do?" she asks and I nod. "Show me." she says and I look around.

"Ok, hand me your phone." I say and she looks confused.

I levitate her phone in the air and she looks shocked to see it. I put her phone in her hand and her reaction was priceless. "You have telekinesis. Why haven't you told Barry and the others?" she asks sounding pretty angry. "I can't tell Iris, because I don't want her involved in this and Joe said that me and Barry couldn't tell her about this metahuman stuff. And I don't want to tell Barry and the others because I don't trust Dr. Wells. You might call me nuts, but I'm getting a bad vibe from him." I say and she nods. "Whatever you wanna do, I'll respect it, but you should at least tell Barry." she says and I nod. "I'll tell him when the time is right. Right now the only people that know about this are you and Joe, so, please, don't say anything until I tell him." I say and she nods. "Hey, girls. What are you talking about?" Barry asks as he walks out. "We're gonna go back to the house. Felicity's gonna borrow one of my dresses and get ready for trivia night." I lie and Felicity nods. "Ok, I'll walk with you two if you want." he says and me and Felicity shake our heads.

"No, we're ok." I say with a smile.

"Ok, I'll see you two later." he says and I nod and give him a quick kiss goodbye.

*~*~

Felicity decided that she'd wear one of her dresses that she brought over in case of anything extravagant and I nod knowing she'd look sexy in it. I decided to change too. I put on a purple spaghetti strapped cocktail dress and leave my hair pinned to the side. I change my purse to a purple mini purse and I carry it with me. We walked over to Jitters and I see that Barry, Eddie, and Iris were sitting at a table. Barry changed too and I smiled and laughed. Me and Felicity walk in and all eyes were on us as we walked in. "We're over dressed for trivia night." Felicity says embarrassed when we get to our table. "No, you both look amazing." Iris says and I nod. "Yeah, amazing." Barry says still shocked at how I look. I laugh at him and peck his lips as I sit next to him. "E=MC Hammer?" I ask him and he nods with a smile and I laugh. "That's funny." Felicity says and I nod in agreement as we both chuckle. I wasn't answering the questions, of course, but Barry and Felicity were. Of course they are the nerds in the table. They were speaking some gibberish and I barely understood them. "Are they even speaking English?" Eddie asks and I shrug looking at my boyfriend getting along with an old friend of ours.

We got the points and Barry and Felicity celebrate. I take a sip of my iced coffee and look at my phone bored out of my mind. Barry grabs my iced coffee out of my hand and takes a sip and I laugh. "Come on, Tori, have fun." he said and I roll my eyes. "Like I said, I'm not a trivia gal. Besides I don't even know this thing." I say. "So, Felicity, what do you do?" Eddie asks her. "I work in computer sciences at Queen Consolidated." she replies. "Really?" Eddie asks and she nods. "Next question. What artist sings 'Someone Like You'?" the host asks and my eyes widen. "Give me that. It's simple as one plus one." I say and pick Adele and we get points. "When it comes to music leave it to me." I say and they all laugh. The next question was answered by Eddie and he got the question wrong. "I'm sorry. I thought I knew it. I got excited, and I just hit it." he says and we laugh. "It's ok. Maybe they'll get it wrong too." I say to him. "Oh, yeah, I'm sure that the team named Pride and Padawans doesn't know the name of Han Solo's ship." Felicity says and I nod. Iris tries to comfort Eddie and I smile and I wrap my arm around Barry's. We hear Eddie's phone beep and we look at him in confusion.

"Someone spotted Snart. I gotta go." Eddie says grabbing his jacket and me, Barry, and Felicity stare at each other in shock. "We'll cover for you." I say to him and Felicity nods. "What are you gonna say?" Barry asks us as we walk to the door. "I tell people Oliver's at a night club with a girl or nursing a bad hangover." Felicity says and I raise my eyebrow at her. "None of which will work for me." Barry says and I nod. "Go, I'll tell Iris you had to go see if Joe needed your help with any evidence they might've found." I say and he nods. "Thanks." he says and I nod and he kisses me quick and speeds away. "Stay safe." Felicity yells and I laugh. We walk in and see that Iris looks confused. "Ok, were down a cop and a nerd, what happened?" she asks as me and Felicity sit down. "Barry had to go see if they found any evidence to find out where Snart might be hiding." I say and she nods.

*~*~

When we get to S.T.A.R. Labs we see Barry on the bed shirtless and I see a black mark on his side. "Barry!" I say running up to him and looking at his wound. "Are you ok, baby?" I ask him and he grabs my hand. "Yeah, I'm fine." he says and I sit next to him. He might say he's telling the truth, but I know he's not. "It's numb." Barry says touching the wound and he winces in pain. "It's presenting itself like third-degree frostbite." Caitlin says and I didn't understand why he hasn't healed. "I thought he had hyper healing?" Felicity asks and I look at Caitlin as she walks away. "It's been slowed. If your cells weren't regenerating at the rate they are, your blood vessels would've frozen solid, and the nerve damage would've been permanent. You're lucky to be alive ." Caitlin says showing us the x-ray of his wound on the monitor.

"Snart wasn't another metahuman. He has some kind of gun. It froze things. It slowed me down. Enough that I wasn't in time to save someone." Barry says as he walks to the other side of the room.

"According to his records, Snart didn't even bother to finish high school. So how did he build a handheld, high-tech snow machine?" Felicity asks and I wondered the same.

A person that didn't finish high school wouldn't be able to create something this advanced. "S.T.A.R. Labs built the cold gun." Dr. Wells says and I glare at him. "Dr. Wells and Caitlin had nothing to do with this. I built the gun." Cisco says and I look back at Barry to see that his face was contorted yet confused. "You did?" he asks not wanting to believe it and Cisco nods. "Why?" Barry asks walking up to him. "Because speed and cold are opposites. Temperature is measured by how quickly the atoms of something are oscillating. The faster they are, the hotter it is. When things are cold, they're slower on the atomic level." he says and Barry looks down. "When there's no movement at all it's called-" Cisco was interrupted by Barry. "Absolute zero." he says and Cisco nods. We all stared at Cisco and I can't help but feel the tension in the room grow more and more.

"I built a compact cryo-engine to achieve absolute zero. I built it to stop you." Cisco says and Barry was getting angrier by the second.

"I didn't know who you were then, Barry. I mean, what if you turned out to be some psycho, like Mardon or Nimbus?" Cisco asks and I understand him, but Barry didn't want to listen anymore.

"But I didn't, did I?" Barry asks yelling and I walk up to him trying to calm him down, but he ignores me completely.

"We built the entire structure you're standing in to do good, and it blew up. In the wake of that, you can understand why Cisco would wanna be prepared for the worst." Caitlin says and Barry sighs.

"I can understand that, but what I can't understand is why you didn't tell me what you did. I mean, after all we've been through, I thought you trusted me. I thought we were friends." Barry says.

"Barry!" I yell at him, but he still ignores me.

"We are, Barry." Cisco says innocently.

"I mean, if you had just told me, I would've been prepared. But instead someone died tonight." Barry says.

"And I have to live with that." Cisco says.

"No, Cisco, we all do." Barry says.

"No, we don't. It's not your fault, ok, Cisco. If I were in your shoes, I would've done the same." I say.

"Tori, he made a weapon that can possibly kill me." Barry yells at me and I've had enough.

"I know, Barry! But put yourself in his shoes. What would you do if you were healing someone that you didn't know, who could possibly be a criminal." I say to him and he storms out angrily.

"Barry!" I yell after him, but he doesn't turn around. If this is the end of one friendship and one relationship, than I'll deal with it. But Barry needs to understand that Cisco was only trying to do what he thought was right. "I'll talk to him." I say but Felicity stops me. "Maybe we both can talk to him." she says and I nod. We see Barry on the treadmill running and Felicity calls him out but he ignores her. "Barry." I say this time and he slows down and pants. "What are you two doing? Go back to your hotel, Felicity. Go home, Tori." he says. "I'm not going anywhere until we talk." I say to him crossing my arms and he looks at me. "What do you mean? Go home. Get some sleep." he says. "You should too." Felicity says crossing her arms too. "I can't." he says and I look at Felicity confused as he sits on the treadmill. "Every time I close my eyes I see that man's face. I watched him die. I have to go faster" he says to us panting.

"Barry, it's not your fault. And it's not Cisco's either." Felicity says and I nod.

"No one said that being a superhero was gonna be easy. It has its ups and downs." I say and he sighs.

"Barry, I know your upset, but you have to look at this from his point of view." I say.

"No, I get it. He didn't trust me." he says and I roll my eyes wanting to yell at him in Spanish, but I try to stay calm.

"Barry, when you met us, me, Oliver, and Dig, we were this well-oiled archery machine, but it didn't start out that way. And unlike you guys we weren't tossed together overnight, we came together one at a time. Believe me, it took much more watching Oliver do the salmon ladder to make me trust him." Felicity says.

"I've seen firsthand what this life can do to people. It's a lonely path. Don't make it any lonelier than it has to be." she says.

Felicity walks away, but I stay a second longer and look at him. "What happened to the boy I grew up with? Because right now, I'm not seeing him." I say then I storm out of the room and I feel his eyes staring at me as I walk away. I head back into the lab and stand next to Felicity not really wanting to see Barry's attitude right now. He walks back in not talking to anyone and faces the monitor that has a map of the city. Cisco was off doing something and I look over to Felicity and she looks at me. "You know you can't stay mad at him forever, Tori." she says and I nod. "I know. But he just needs to know that Cisco didn't know who we were then and he was just doing what he thought was right." I say. "I know he needs to understand that. But let him think what he wants to think, he'll know it sooner or later." she says and I nod.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 1.5K 45
"I don't want to feel all that again" I said and I could feel I was tearing him apart I could feel him break for the first time. The badass boy who n...
3K 259 45
**Unedited** "She can't come to the phone right now. I'll be happy to take a message for you." My blood runs cold. "Where is she? What have you done...
1.3K 113 21
People say that fire and ice are nothing but polar opposites...but there's a saying where opposites attract... Lily Snart is the youngest of the S...
11.7K 154 58
After the events of the black hole in Central City, the Flash was considered the hero of the city. But over the 6 months, Team Flash had separated. B...