Porcelain Skin || Cake

By kittiemikey

He loved watching the boys Porcelain Skin glow in the moonlight, as he pretended to sleep. More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Read This
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Four

1.4K 117 121
By kittiemikey

"Michael." Calum said waving his hand in front of his best friends face. Michael's face stayed expressionless as he continued to watch his soaps on the evening television. 

"Michael!" The fluffy hair boy groaned slapping his friends face, making the latter sigh angrily before turning his attention to Calum.

"What?!" He huffed glaring, this better be good, he's missing Tracey and Carla fighting.

"Are you opening my window at night? Or is my window broken?" Calum asked sitting down on the couch next to Michael. "I keep on seeing flashes of porcelain skin, and you're skin is pale."

Michael furrowed his eyebrows staring at his best friend, he could see Calum was freaked out and wanted reassured that it was indeed his friend opening his window at night. So Michael decided to mess with his friend like the nice person he is. He made his face look shocked and he would've tried to make his face pale, but he can't do that since his face isn't already pale as fuck.

"What?" Calum asked shakily seeing his expression and started to freak out.

"Y-You mean y-you saw a b-boy with p-porcelain skin i-in your b-bedroom?" Michael said stuttering, wow, he should become an actor. 

"Well just a silhouette of someone wit porcelain skin, why?" Calum asked biting his nails.

Michael widened his eyes before looking around pretending to look for someone. He brought his wide eyes back to Calum, who was biting his nails raw.

"Y-You mean L-Lucifer the v-vampire?" Michael made his mouth drop and kept his eyes wide for effect.

"V-Vampires don't exist M-Michael, s-stop being s-silly." Calum chuckled nervously looking around the living-room.

"Calum I-I'm not joking." Michael said trying to look as believable as possible and it worked.

"Are you s-serious." Calum started crying. "O-Oh my g-god, there's a v-vampire b-breaking into m-my b-bedroom. W-What if h-he rapes m-me." He wailed jumping up off the couch and pacing back and forth.

"Michael we have to leave, it's not safe here. Wait let me go pack, you can just sit on your ass because you'll do that anyway." Calum said rushing off to his bedroom to pack his belongings.

Michael stayed put on the couch stifling his laughs.

"OH MY GOD MY WINDOW IS OPEN AGAIN. MICHAEL RED ALERT RED ALERT, IT'S IN HERE." Calum screeched running back into the living-room and throwing himself at Michael. 

As much as Michael was enjoying this, he didn't want to see his best friend crying to he decided to own up.

"Calum I was kidding." Michael said as he burst out laughing, he clutched his stomach as he rolled off the couch letting out the loudest laugh ever. "You're window is probably broken, we need to save up to get it fixed." He said wiping a laughter tear from his face.

Calum stood there expressionless staring down at his laughing friend. The latter stopped laughing and looked at Calum questioningly. That's when Calum stomped his foot on Michael's crotch, exiting out the living-room to his bedroom.

As he entered his bedroom, he could hear Michael's groans of pain and that made him giggle and smile. But he then froze to hear someone else's laughter. He looked around frantically, what if Michael was right, what if vampires were real?

But the laughter seemed to stop as he looked around, he walked to his window to look down at the car-park and he saw a group of ladies. Maybe it was them who laughed, but it sounded like a boy's laugh, well one of them just might have a manly laugh. 

Shaking his fear away, Calum undressed himself and stood naked in front of his wardrobe. Even though he was only going to sleep, he liked to coordinate his pyjamas. He doesn't know why, he just does. As he rummaged through his clothes looking for nice pyjamas, a shiver suddenly went down his spin, causing him to arch his back in surprise. 

He just assumed he was cold as he was naked, but he could feel something on his neck, as if someone was breathing very closely behind him. Turning around quickly, Calum started to hit the air randomly, but after realising there was nobody behind him he stopped feeling stupid.

"I'm just paranoid." He shook his head slapping his forehead. Grabbing some navy sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt, Calum pulled the garments on and climbed into his bed. 

After what felt like hours, which was actually just minutes, he was still wide awake. He was exhausted, but something was keeping him from sleeping. The boy felt as if someone, or something, was watching him. It's probably him just being paranoid, with the murder happened and everything.

Turning to lay on his back, Calum stared at the ceiling and thought about his window. He's going to have to get it fixed soon, he'll call a guy tomorrow, maybe he could get a friend to do him a favour and fix it for him.

Finally Calum felt his eyes droop and as he closed his eyes, the familiar flash of porcelain skin came out of the corner of his eye. As the boy was used to this, he thought he was imaging things, so he left himself drift off into a peaceful sleep. 

--

"Hey, I'm home!" Calum called out as he entered the apartment, only to have no reply in return. Even if Michael was home, he probably would just ignore Calum, since the latter did stomp his foot on his balls.

Calum got changed out his work clothes and into a comfy sweater and skinny jeans. Fortunately for the boy, today his window wasn't wide open when he returned from work. This made him very happy, but he was still going to call his friend in to see what was wrong with it. 

Grabbing his phone, Calum went to call a number he hadn't in ages. He felt bad, he felt as if he was only calling his friend for favours and never to just talk or ask if he wanted to hang out. He'll ask him on the phone after he asked for the favour. 

The phone rung and he waited patiently for his friend to pick up. He hopes his friend will pick up anyway.

"Hello?" The familiar British accent rang through the phone bringing a smile to Calum's face.

"Hey Harry, it's me Calum." Calum grinned down the phone even though his friend couldn't see him.

"Calum! Not seen you in ages mate, how's it going?" Harry asked.

"It's going fine thanks, college is a pain in the ass but you know." Calum chuckled before continuing.

"So I was calling for two things." He said.

"Mhm?" Harry hummed down the phone.

"Okay so I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow?" He asked firstly.

"Yeah! That would be great, what do you want to do?" Harry said sounding excited.

"Maybe we could go to the restaurant I work part time at, they have amazing food." Calum offered.

"Sounds great! So what's the other thing you wanted to ask?" 

"Oh yeah. I was wondering, could you look at my window? It seems to open on it's own, and I don't know if you know this, but there was recently a murder outside." Calum said biting his nails.

"Oh, I heard about that." Harry sounded sad through the phone. "Louis was really good friends with the boyfriend, I think the boyfriends name is Zayn or something. We'll need to visit him to see how he's doing." He said sighing. "But yeah! Of course I can look at your window for you. I can come today if you would like?" 

"That would be great Haz, it's really taking a toll on me." Calum chuckled.

"Of course it would, okay so I'll just go get my toolbox and I'll nip round to yours okay?"

"Alright Harry, I'll see you in a bit."

"Bye!"

Calum put his phone down with a content smile, finally he was going to get the window fixed, and he wouldn't have to be paranoid about anything.

--

"Harry! Come in come in." Calum smiled letting his curly haired friend inside. Harry set his toolbox down on the floor and engulfed the small boy in a hug.

"Wow you're so small and adorable, but sorry Louis is both these things too soooo." Harry chuckled setting Calum back down. 

The boy chuckled at his friend before leading him into his bedroom. "Okay so here's the window."

Harry made his way over to the window and took his time inspecting it. He opened the window and shut it, checked the lock to see if it was broken, and he looked around the whole frame before turning back to his friend.

"There's nothing wrong with the window." He said with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You're kidding right? There's no way I'm opening the window without realising, and there's no way for the window to open on it's own, unless there's a problem with the lock or something." Calum said starting to bite his nails again.

"Stop." Harry said smacking his friends hand away from his mouth. "I'm sure there's an explanation for this."

"Then what is the explanation Harry? Would you like to enlighten me?" Calum said sarcastically. 

"No need to be sarcastic, okay so I'll do some research tonight. Tomorrow when we meet at the restaurant you work at - oh by the way what's that called? - and I'll tell you my findings."

"The restaurant I work at is called Bella's, and fine, I don't know how you can research things like that, but anything to give me answers." Calum shrugged looking out window. 

"Rightyo then." Harry smiled engulfing the small boy into another hug. "I'll see you tomorrow."

--

"-and then he said there was nothing wrong with the window! There's obviously something wrong with the window Mike." Calum rambled as Michael continued to watch television. That's literally all Michael does, eat, watch tv, work, watch tv and sleep. 

"Mhm sounds interesting-yeah-wow-really?-Jesus Christ." Michael said at the appropriate moments as his friend rambled on. 

"Yeah well I'm going to go have a good night's sleep." Calum huffed exiting out the living-room and throwing himself on his bed.

He groaned into his pillow and rolled around his bed. Laying on his back, Calum swore he saw a flash of porcelain skin again out of the corner of his eye.

"Michael?" He called out thinking it was his friend.

"Yeah?!" Michael yelled from the living-room. 

"Never-mind!" Calum yelled back, he must of been imaging things, again

He shut his eyes only to hear that familiar movement that shouldn't be familiar. Cracking an eye open, still pretending to sleep, Calum saw that familiar silhouette at his window. He assumed it was a boy by their body shape, they had very broad shoulders, almost very familiar too. 

He watched the boys  familiar porcelain skin glow in the moonlight as he pretended to sleep, only to fall into a deep sleep a few minutes later. 

A/N: Sorry this was boring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 6.9K 25
Luke was scared. Calum was curious. [complete]
50.9K 2.1K 19
A non-creative title for hopefully quite creative stories.
54.6K 2.7K 35
in which two boys fall in love without knowing it. All Rights Reserved © saviourcth [ I wrote this story when I was pretty new to the fandom but also...
208K 4.9K 45
From the back of the class, three boys, all squished into one desk, eye him over. The one in the middle, a pale boy with dyed hair, grins flirtatious...