HER ONE AND ONLY

Od RhondaLaVyrleJane20

Alexander Hunter,30 First class criminal. Had been jailed for 3 years on account of murder, a name which ever... Více

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
HELP NEEDED
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 11

35.1K 1.2K 66
Od RhondaLaVyrleJane20

@aizaakhan

Rose sat on the chair near the window and looked at the vacant piece of land next to her house. She loved to observe the long grasses, unwanted shrubs and bushes, and to listen to the sounds of crickets and other small insects that dwelled in there. The place brought an unusual peace and harmony to her ,as she submerged herself in the view of the settting sun's rays that gave the green grass a shade of golden yellow. She took in a deep breath and exhaled it with a small smile on her lips and closed her eyes. The recent week had been going good for her. She had gone with Brian to his office the next day morning after they had dinner together. She met his boss and he had instantly asked her to join and briefed her up with all the work that she was assigned to do. Roseanne started working and it had been just a week since she had started,and she enjoyed it thoroughly . She was in desperate need of a job, and Brian had helped her get this. She made sure that she never made mistakes and took great care of whatever she was assigned to do with care. Everyday morning she used to wake up and get ready for work, she would make herself a bread toast, drink milk and wait in the porch for Brian. He had offered for her to travel with him in his car since they both worked at the same place. But she made a note in mind to buy her own car once she had enough money. They would go to office together, and part their ways once they reached there and would have lunch together. It had become a happy routine for her now, and she did not want anything to disturb this.
Rose opened her eyes, and for once she could feel the taste of a happy, peacefull life. The smile on her lips never seemed to disappear and she glanced at Brians' house through her window, far away ,at the end of the vacant piece of land . She wondered who owned these huge pieces of land on either side of her house. The curtains at his house were drawn and and she could see the faint light that emitted from the television splash onto the curtains. Her smile widened at the sight. He was watching television, she thought. Brian had grown extremely close to her, considering the fact that she liked to maintain distance from the male race since Alexander. He was the last person whom she was close to, and after he broke her, she made it a point to keep distance from men. But Brian, he was different. He was warm, gentle, caring and so much more. The best thing she liked in him was his sense of humour and his charming smile. He never failed to amaze her at every chance he got. Rose was coming back to leading a normal life and she had to thank him for helping her get back. Something had grown in between Rose and Brian, a mutual liking towards each other. Each one could feel it from the other. Brian had asked her out for a dinner date yesterday when he had dropped her home after work. She hesitated and said that she would need time to think about it. He agreed to it with a smile and drove away towards his house. Now, as she sat near her window, looking at his house, she had decided that she would go with him for the dinner he had asked her for. She smiled and made a mental note to let him know her answer when they met.
A loud knock on the door brought back Rose from her thoughts and a frown formed on her face. She wondered who it could be at this time of the day. She looked again at Brians house and saw his televisions light on. So it was not him. She got up from the chair and went to her hall, and towards her door. She unlocked the door and slowly opened it to reveal four suited men. She scrunched her eyebrows and looked at them with confusion. They wore crisp black suits and had their hands folded at their back. The one at the front of her door had a file in his hand and spoke up first.

"Ms.Loren Hart?" He asked looking at Rose with a straight face void of any emotion.

"Umm. . . No, she is my grandmother. She is..." before she could complete her sentence he interrupted her.

"Well then, I have come here to meet her."

"Sorry sir, but she is dead."

"Oh, I am sorry about that."he said
She just shook her head.

"We need to let boss know this" the other man in suit standing behind him told the first man.

" Yes, we will. But let's try finishing the deal with her since she is the resident here now."

Rose stared at them with confusion and dint know anything that happened in front of her.

"Can we come in Miss..?"

" Roseanne Hart" she hesitantly said and calculated whether to let them in or not.

"Miss. Hart, we mean no harm . We are here with a deal, and it would best suit if we carried it inside your house." He said, again with a straight face and strict business like tone.

She nodded her head and moved away from the door to let the man in. Two of them got inside her house while the other two stood outside the door on her porch and turned towards the road observing the surrounding and conversed with each other.

The two men who entered her house sat on the couch and kept the file on the table.

"Miss. Hart, we are here with a deal."

"What deal?" She asked and scrunched her eyebrows with utter confusion.

"We want you to sell this house to us Miss.Hart."

It took a few seconds for Rose to understand what he said and when it all became clear, her eyes widened with shock and a speck of anger started bubbling up from within.

"I don't think that's possible sir.." she tried to speak to him kindly but was abruptly cut off by him

"We wouldn't like no for an answer Ma'am. Our boss seems to be very interested in the land on either sides of your house. And this house of yours is obstructing it." He said again, with lack of any emotion in his voice.

Roseanne did not like it even one bit. Her anger stared bubbling up and was on the verge of bursting. She would not tolerate anyone speaking to her like this in her house.
She narrowed her eyes with anger but still tried to speak with a calm voice.

" Well then, that's not going to happen sir. I do not intend to sell this house anytime soon. This is my only dwelling place, and I cannot let it go. It's been here since. . ."

" I know that miss.Hart. . .its been here since a very long time. But unfortunately, you will have to leave this place since your house is obstructing the land that our Boss intends to buy."

" I don't care sir. I don't care about what interests him and what doesn't. I will not let go of this house, no matter what. And you will not force me out of this house." She spoke as her voice level increased.

"We are ready to pay you the amount you name. Name it , and it's yours. Let the house go Miss. It's for the better. We can finish off this deal without much hazel."

This man has the fucking guts to sit inside my house and order me to let go of what's rightfully mine. Just who the fuck does he think he is, Roseanne thought as she fumed with anger and tried to sound civil even after all this. Roseanne was always calm and composed no matter how angry she was, but today she wanted to lash out on the assholes in her house for the guts they carried to speak to her this way.

" I will not sell this house. No matter how many dollars you pour out, I will not let this house go. I don't want to know why your boss wants this land or what he is going to do with it, all because I. Am. Not. Going to let this house go and it's final. . . Please see your way out gentlemen."

The man smirked at her and slowly looked at the other man next to him.

"Boss always gets what he wants Miss. It's your last chance. Finish off this deal with us and save yourself from further complications. If boss gets involved into this, you will not like it. He takes what he wants, and he has his eyes set on this. . . The rest, your smart enough to figure out."

Rose gritted her teeth and spoke
" I don't care about the complications. This house Is mine and I won't let it go. You can go tell that boss of yours that he will not get what he wants this time. Now please get up, and move out of my house." She was fuming with anger.

The men got up and straightened there crisp suits.

" Well then, you will meet him soon. And let me tell you this miss, you will not like it one bit."
He said and walked away out of her house with his mate.

They got into their sleek black Mercedes and drove away from her house. She shut the door and locked it up.
She sat on her couch and sighed as she ran her hand through her scalp gripping her hair tightly. She closed her eyes and controlled her tears from falling. This house was her only hope and her only shelter, she would never let this go to some bastard. She would never.
"Over my dead body" she whispered to herself.
Her calm evening had turned out to be disturbing and bad. When everything in her life seemed to fall in place perfectly, something had to come up and disturb the process. Her life had always been this way, but this time, she would fight it and wouldn't let it affect her. She got up and went into her room and stood near her window again. How peacefully it all seemed a few minutes back, she thought.
She pulled out her phone from her pocket and pressed on the only name of the person whom she trusted now. After a few rings the person picked up.

"Brian?" She said as she smiled softly, her eyes glistened as she looked at his house.

"Hey Rose",he said
She could see the smile on his face even though he was not physically present in front of her.

"Umm . . . The dinner date . .I would like to go with you." She said as she smiled even though she had a boulder thrown on her shoulder by those men who went a few minutes back.

He dint say anything for a while and she heard him sigh.
"Thank you Rose, I had wished for you to agree. When would you like to go?" He asked her.
This is what she liked in him, always soft, caring, Warm and considerate.

"This Friday would be fine Brian."

"Friday it is. We'll go after work."

"Alright Brian. See you tomorrow morning. Goodnight. "

"Night Rose." He said and waited for her to cut the call.

She cut the call and smiled as she kept the phone on the table.
She sighed and shut her eyes close.
He provided her with immense strength and she held onto it tightly. She wanted to protect her heart from men, but her heart seemed to open itself for this charming man. She decided to let herself loose for once, for Brian.
She walked back to her bed and shut the lights off. That night, Rose slept without having her dinner and cried in her sleep for all the twists and turns through which fate dragged her by pulling her hair. She slept because of the exhaustion and pain. She would never let her house go. That was her last thought before she drifted off into a dark peaceful world that sleep offered her with.

But Rose dint know, that if Alexander came to know about her interest in a different man, he would rip the man into pieces. Rose was always his. And only his.
Because, the Boss always takes what he wants, and nothing can stop him.

------------------------

Hello my lovely readers:)
I hope you all are doing fine. How do you like the update? Please comment and let me know.
I would really like to know what you think.
Now, back to the story. Seems like someone is going to meet someone very soon;)
And what do you think about Brians' and Roseannes' bond.
Would you all like to have a few scenes of them?
Please let me know.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the immense support you all provide me with. Thank you.

Vote, comment and enjoy:)

Until the next update,
INSPIRE19.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

8.8K 396 64
Two successful people fell in love at the right moment and at the right time. But one of them is dealing with their own demons. They had an inner tur...
7.4K 417 54
SNEAK PEEK "He won't trouble you from now on. Don't worry," Ethan replied in a calm and collected voice. He was speaking as if Alex would suddenly di...
10.1K 280 24
"Give me two hours of your time every day until spring, and if by then you still don't agree to have sex with me... I'll grant you twenty-four hours...
10.6K 787 42
18-year-old Ashley Whittemore returns to her hometown from New York after her father's death. She didn't want to but she had to - because the person...