The Things She Never Spoke Of

By Pineapplehater

Everyone has things they don't want to talk about. Those things may cause sadness or pain, therefore she does... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 11

5.7K 254 114
By Pineapplehater

Lucy POV:
I wake up on this Saturday morning feeling eager and enthusiastic.

Quickly leaping out of my bed, I make my way towards my closet. Grabbing my pink and white flowered bathing suit, a long pink sundress, and a floppy hat, I head to my bathroom to get ready.

Once finished, I happily hop down the stairs, forgetting about the other resident living in the house.

"Where's my sweet little girl going on this fine Saturday morning?" My father asked with a smirk.

He stands in the kitchen while holding onto the open refrigerator door; his expression was sarcastic and slick.

Surprisingly, my "answer" didn't provoke him this time, or so I thought.

Just as I was going to make my escape, my father grabs my head and slams it against the door I was attempting to leave from.

Still holding onto my head, he turns me around and draws me closer to him. I can feel his hot, nasty breath on my neck as he moves closer to my ear.

"Have a fun day, my angel." He whispers.

My father pulls back, but not before he places a wet kiss on my forehead.

He walks away with huge smirk on his face.

Utterly disgusted about what just happened, I run outside and make my way to Natsu's house with a slight headache.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I arrive, I gently knock on the door. When the door opened, it revealed Natsu wearing a red shirt and black swim trunks. A big smile was spread across his face; overall, he looked really cute.

"Hey Luce! Come on in!" He greeted and moved aside to let me walk forward.

"Gajeel and Levy will be here soon; we're gonna ride with them. The others already made their way to the beach to get a spot." Natsu informed.

"Okay, I can't wait!" I exclaim.

After about ten minutes, Gajeel and Levy arrive.

"Hi Lu-chan! Hi Natsu!" Levy greeted through the open car window as Natsu and I walked down the steps.

"Hi Levy-chan! Hey Gajeel!" I reply back and give them both a wave.

We both get in the car and then together we all drive to the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu POV:
After about a twenty minute drive, we make it to the beach.

Lucy and Levy literally burst out of the car with excitement.

When Gajeel and I soon follow their steps, I can't help but stare at Lucy.

Her eyes light up with joy, and a smile forms on my face at the sight.

"Oi Natsu! Help me get this stuff!" Gajeel called from the back of the car, unfortunately interrupting my gazing.

"Alright, I'm coming." I reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think Juvia and the rest are close by." Levy says as we continue to search for our friends.

"Hey! Guys!" Someone shouts.

I turn my head to see Juvia smiling while waving her hand in the air.

The four of us walk over to them.

As greetings and other little conversations were tossed back and forth, we all decide to go in the water.

While four girls went running and skipping off to the ocean with their beach ball and floaties, us guys couldn't help but stand in awe.

"So beautiful..." We whisper in unison.

We all look at each other in shock. Now embarrassed by our sudden outburst, we run to catch up with the girls.

Somewhere in between all of us splashing each other, I noticed Lucy having the most fun.

From her long, blond hair to her thin, beautiful legs, she was glistening in beauty and happiness.

My heart thumps every time I look at her and her smile, I just can't get enough.

"She's gorgeous."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After four fun filled hours of swimming, we suggest going to eat some lunch at one of the boardwalk's many restaurants.

We agree upon a diner called "8 Island".

Lunch was filled with laughter, burgers and plenty of fries, and random, fun conversations.

As soon as we finished our meals, I suggest, "How about we go walk around the boardwalk? It's only four; we've got tons of time!"

They all approve of my suggestion, so we pay for our food and head outside into the hot sun to stroll down the boardwalk.

After a while I glance to my right and blush creeps onto my face.

Lucy's expression shows cheerfulness and joy; the smile planted on her face is from ear to ear.

A grin soon appears on my face as well.

"Hey Luce, do you wanna go play that game over there?" I ask while pointing to a colorful balloon booth.

"Sure!" She answers.

We walk up to the vibrant stand and the man behind the booth happily says, "Hi there! How many darts do you want?"

"Three please." I politely answer.

He hands me the darts as I hand him the money.

"Alright Luce, all you have to do is aim the dart to the balloons so then they pop." I explain.

"Okay, I got it!" She exclaims.

Lucy holds up the dart and attempts to aim for a balloon, but she misses.

"It's okay," I say while using my hands to move her's into the right position,"just aim a little higher."

I look over at her to see if she understood, but all I was focused on was the visible blush on her cheeks and now mine.

"Okay!" She responded with a cute smile.

The second time she almost hits one.

"So close! You can do it!" I encourage.

She smiles and releases the last dart. Within seconds of its release, the dart collides with an orange balloon. A poping sound is hear as the smile on our faces grow wider.

"You got it Luce!" I excitedly say.

"I know! I couldn't have done it without you! Thanks so much!" She happily exclaims.

I blush at her words as she receives a brown teddy bear from the guy running the booth.

As we turn around to walk back to our friends, we notice they aren't there anymore.

"I guess it's just us." Lucy says with a small grin as we continue walking, now just the two of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After more games, some snacks, and endless chatter, Lucy and I find ourselves resting on a bench.

We watch as the sun slowly falls down and the sky changes from color to color.

"I had fun today." Lucy admits.

Glad my idea of coming here worked in cheering her up, I respond with, "Me too."

As the sun finally sets, blush quickly rises into my cheeks as Lucy kisses one of them.

"Thank you for today." She says while smiling at me.

"No problem." I say, returning her smile

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

958 0 36
What would you do if the family that you know did something horrible just because of a single person? What if you found out someones secret that they...
24.8K 1.2K 23
[Completed] Lucy is blind, and can't walk because of her plane crashing. What will Natsu do when he meets this struggling girl? Disclaimer: I do not...
4.8K 184 18
Natsu decided to take Lucy on a job so he could confess to her. While on his way he hears something dreadful. He gets into Lucy's house and blacks ou...
3.4K 117 36
Found & Forgotten: A NaLu Fanfic After a job goes horribly wrong, Lucy wakes up in an unfamiliar place surrounded by unknown people. Can Natsu and th...