Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

By cogdill

Parenthood has finally found Katniss and Peeta Mellark. In this story they are going to be learning to live l... More

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Chapter One Hundred-One/Sequel info.

Chapter Fifty-Four

1.6K 82 48
By cogdill

Peeta POV- (Later that day)

"Aw! Daddy you were so adorable!" Willow squeals at the pictures I pulled out from when I was a kid.

She looks at each one and examines it, picking it up in her little hands.

Katniss chuckles at her while she tells us all about it.

"You were super cute, Daddy. Your hair was so light and you didn't have no scratchies I don't think." She says.

I laugh, "That's because I was little then."

"And now you're a man?" She asks.

Katniss laughs, "Daddy started having scratchies when he was like 18 or something." Katniss tells her.

Willow looks up at me.

"How old are you again?" She asks.

"I'm 27."

"Woah, Daddy. I can count to ten! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!" She says counting on her fingers, I swear she's the most random kid.

Katniss and I laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Mommy, how did you guys make it past ten years old? Cause that's along time." She asks, the most serious look on her face. (Btw I was literally asked this the other day by a 4 year old little girl lol no lie)

Katniss laughs, "I don't know, baby." She says smiling.

Willow gives her a look, "I'm serious."

"I'm serious too. We just did." Katniss laughs.

Willow sighs and rolls her eyes at Katniss and then looks at me.

"I want to see Mommy when she was little to see if I look like her."

I look at Katniss and she gets up and finds some pictures of her and hands them to Willow.

"Awww, Mommy. You looked-ed so little." Willow says in a high pitched, in-awe voice.

Katniss laughs and I take her hand, our fingers laced together.

"I think that I look like you too. A little bit, with Daddy's eyes though." She says looking back at Katniss and I.

Katniss leans over and kisses my cheek.

"Mommy, our hair looks almost the same. Mine is lighter though but it's kind of curly like yours and Daddy's." She says looking over the picture.

"Yep, that's because Daddy's hair is blonde and mines dark brown and because both of our hair looks like that." Katniss says.

She sighs, "I never understood that though, my father's hair was black and then my mother's was blonde. Mine is this color and Prim's was blonde too." Katniss tells me.

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know, baby. It was the same way for us. My mother's hair was dark too and then my dad's was blonde. We all had blonde hair, mine was the only wavy one." I say laughing.

It's really weird how that stuff works out.

"That's weird." She shrugs.

I laugh a little.

Willow sighs, "Goodness, Momma. You were so pretty too. You and Daddy both."

"Aren't you glad you look like Momma?" I ask Willow.

She nods, "Yeah, because if I looked like you then I would look like a boy." Willow shrugs.

Katniss and I both laugh.

"Can I see my pictures?"

"Sure." Katniss says and gets up. She grabs Willow's baby book and hands it to her.

I love that she loves looking at old pictures. Pictures of Katniss and I or of herself. Even pictures of Prim or Carter and Finn. Her favorite pictures to look at are the ones from when Katniss was in school. Where she can see Finnick and Johanna and Annie and anyone else she knows from when they were littler. She thinks it's hilarious.

Katniss sits back down and Willow climbs up in our laps and snuggles up in between us.

She looks at the cover that says her name, birthday, and birth weight and other stuff in pretty writing.

"Okay, here's Mommy with a real fat belly." She says opening the book.

I glance at Katniss and she smiles sadly at me.

She looked so beautiful when she was pregnant, she had no idea. But she looks beautiful either way.

"And then there's Daddy kissing her belly." Willow says in her little high-pitched voice.

I squeeze Katniss's hand and she squeezes it back, she gives me another smile and I return it.

Willow goes through the book that starts before she was born.

"Aw, there's Mommy crying with me." Willow says with a frown.

"Remember Willow, me and Daddy were crying because we were so happy." Katniss reminds her and pushes some of her wild hair out of her face. Her braids have almost completely come out after this long day.

"Oh yeah." She says flipping the pages.

"I was so little." Willow says pointing to a picture from when she was just a few days old.

This is bringing back so many good memories. Then I come back to reality and she's five years old and going into school.

"There's me and Mommy sleeping!!" Willow squeals randomly.

I chuckle a little and look at each picture before she quickly turns the page.

"There's Daddy being cute and kissing my cheek and look there, he had lots and lots of scratchies." She tells Katniss and makes a face.

I swear, Willow and her obsession with my facial hair.

I smile sadly, missing her baby days, but loving these just as much.

She starting to thin out a lot too. Losing her baby fat and her hair is getting so long.

"There's me with brownie stuff all over me!" Willow giggles and looks at me.

Katniss nudges me and gives me a look and I smile cheesily.

Needless to say, Katniss wasn't very happy with me that day I let Willow have a bowl full of brownie mix to play in and she literally had it all over herself and the kitchen, but now she just laughs about it. But the day it happened, she was pissed.

"Yeah and Daddy got in big trouble for letting you do that." Katniss tells her.

Willow laughs, "See, Daddy you get in trouble with Mommy sometimes."

"So do you." I shoot back and stick my tongue out at her. Willow giggles and shakes her head and then smiles widely at Katniss.

"There's me walking with Daddy." She says looking at a picture from when she first was learning how to walk, her legs so chubby and short.

I remember she would hold on to my fingers and just zoom through out the house until she finally could do it on her own.

"My birthday!" Willow says.

"And there's more cake all over you." Katniss laughs looks at me.

"But that was her first birthday and she had to have a cake to eat like that." I say in defense.

"You let her do it every year since, well the last two years she was too old but still." Katniss says laughing and shaking her head at me.

"That's okay. I like cake." Willow turns around and tells Katniss.

"I know, me too, but he isn't the one who had to clean you up." She says.

Willow giggles, "Always getting in trouble, Daddy." She shakes her head at me.

"Did you tell Momma what you did today?" I ask her.

Her eyes grow wide and she puts her hand over her mouth and shakes her head, 'no.'

"You want me to tell her?" I ask.

Katniss gives her a look, "What did you do?" She asks, expecting some bad but in all reality was no big deal.

"Yeah." Willow sighs.

"I told her you were coming with us to the bakery tomorrow and she got excited and knocked over a batch of frosting. All over the floor." I tell Katniss, laughing.

Now it's funny.

At the time Willow's feelings were hurt and I was kind of frustrated.

"Willow..." Katniss says and Willow frowns.

"And then Daddy yelled at me." She tells on me.

"Peeta?" Katniss says slapping my arm.

"Hey, hey, but, I apologized and I realized it wasn't that big of a deal and then my staff told Willow all about my screw ups and I told her some of mine too and now we are good again, right Willow?" I say defensively, even though I know she's just teasing and Willow is only ratting me out because she thinks it's funny.

"I guess so, Daddy. You did buy me food." She says.

Katniss snorts, "You two, I swear." She says shaking her head.

Willow turns and hugs me and I kiss the top of her head.

"Daddy told me how he use to get in trouble when was little and how you get him in trouble a lot too." Willow tells Katniss.

Katniss just laughs.

"You two are silly." She says laughing, Willow grins and I do too.

***Comment some ideas for their vacation!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 406 36
This is a story about Everlark. Here is my own interpretation of how Peeta and Katniss realistically rekindle after Mockingjay Part 2, but with a twi...
38.4K 2.2K 18
Peeta is no longer a soldier in the army, but still highly respected of everyone, because of what he's done and because of what happened to him durin...
52.9K 2.3K 32
This Is The First Book Of The Series The Lucky One. The Everdeens and Mellarks are enemies. Katniss is just a normal 20 year old living her life. Pe...
106K 1.4K 33
In the aftermath of the rebellion, Katniss and Peeta come home and begin to rekindle their love. Many obstacles lie in their path but as long as they...