My Stolen Kiss / Draft

By yelling_nothing

La Douleur Exquise (n.) the heart-wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable - When Kait... More

Sufficiency
Chapter 1
γ…‡ Whispers γ…‡
γ…‡ Best Friend γ…‡
γ…‡ Destroyable γ…‡
γ…‡ Luck γ…‡
γ…‡ Noticed γ…‡
γ…‡ Sons γ…‡
γ…‡ Nick γ…‡
γ…‡ Intelligence γ…‡
γ…‡ Motherly Love γ…‡
γ…‡ Coldness γ…‡
γ…‡ Determination γ…‡
γ…‡ Hardship γ…‡
γ…‡ Images γ…‡
γ…‡ Blackmail γ…‡
γ…‡ Studying pt.1 γ…‡
γ…‡ Studying pt. 2 γ…‡
γ…‡ Celebrating γ…‡
γ…‡ Success γ…‡
γ…‡ Charming γ…‡
γ…‡ Frustration γ…‡
γ…‡ Nosy γ…‡
γ…‡ Fail γ…‡
γ…‡ Homemade γ…‡
γ…‡ Summer school γ…‡
γ…‡ Tennis γ…‡
γ…‡ Reunion γ…‡
γ…‡ Accidents? γ…‡
γ…‡ Food γ…‡
γ…‡ Physical γ…‡
γ…‡ New year γ…‡
γ…‡ College γ…‡
γ…‡ Sickness γ…‡
γ…‡ Charm γ…‡
γ…‡ Health Problems γ…‡
γ…‡ Chocolate γ…‡
γ…‡ Seniors γ…‡
γ…‡ Button γ…‡
γ…‡ Graduation Party pt. 1 γ…‡
γ…‡Graduation Party Pt. 2γ…‡
γ…‡ Graduation Party pt. 3 γ…‡
γ…‡ First Day γ…‡
γ…‡ Clubs γ…‡
γ…‡ Evil Sam γ…‡
γ…‡ Aching γ…‡
γ…‡Moving out
γ…‡Doubles
γ…‡Practice
γ…‡Achievement
Mistake
Movie?
Date Pt. 1
Date Pt. 2
CafΓ©
Together
Alyssa
Luke
Sleep pt. 1
Sleep pt. 2
Boyfriend
Party? Pt.1
Party? Pt. 2
Job
Therapy
Pearl
Lunch Box
Self-conscious
Is it true?
Her
Punished
DΓ©jΓ  Vu
How dare you?
Family party
Fate
Is he the one?
γ…‡ The Unthinkable γ…‡

γ…‡ Worried γ…‡

4.5K 188 12
By yelling_nothing

Author's Note
Should I make a sequel? I don't know. Happy Reading ^.^

Chapter 35

----------------------

In Kaitlin's POV

"It's passed time for Nick to return. isn't it?" Mrs Louis said very anxious, we were drinking tea while waiting for Nick, Luke didn't seem so worried. My knees were going crazy I'm pretty sure I'll make a hole through the wood if I don't stop, as if on cue the door clicks.

"It's Nick." Luke said getting up from his seat. We were all shocked to see a tired Nick with gauze and crutches.

"Ahh! Nick what happened to you?" Mrs. Louis asked.

"I tripped." He said so harshly.

"What?! Even for that you're really injured," Mrs. Louis said, but Nick simply went to the living room and sat down.

"The lucky charm didn't work." I said out loud looking at Nick.

"No, it Worked VERY WELL!" He said looking back at me.

"What does that mean?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I had enough, I'm going to sleep." He said getting up and going to the stairs.

"Brother." Luke said following Nick. Frustrated, I stood up and walked up the stairs towards Nicks room. Not knowing what I was going to do, the first thing that came to mind was to talk to him. Ask what was bothering him. So I knocked on the door.

"Yes?" I heard him say. I opened the door and walked inside,

"Luke, can you let me talk to your brother?" I asked him, he simply sighed and walked out the room.

"What do you want?" Nick asked.

"Just an answer, to a question." I asked, pulling my hair knot a ponytail. I noticed not too long ago, I do that when I'm determined.

"And what makes you think that I'll have the answer?" He asked,

"Because it occurred to you," i sighed, "So, tell me. How did your day go?" I asked.

"Did you really ask Luke to leave, just to ask me that?" He asked, as he took off his shirt. All the air from my lungs dissolved, as I made eye contact with his body. I looked at my hands and nodded. "Well, ask me another day. I'm really tired." He said getting in his bed. I stood up, and walked over to him.

"Fine, Mr. Grumpy." I whispered as I placed the cover over a knocked out Nick."

***

I was walking with Jade to our home room. She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"I didn't do so good on the center test." She said.

"Me too. Now my only hope is state college." I said not very my usual self, I could tell Jade knew what I was thinking.

"Nick is going to be fine. He's, the top of, the state genius." Jade said turning to face me,

"But this time, it's hard to be assured of that. . ." I said looking down, we continued to walk. I remembered how, injured and tired he was, the first time I ever had seen Nick in such a weak state.

"Kaitlin! Jade!" We heard Sasha yell, we looked up to see her running towards us. Once she was caught up to us, she grabbed my arms.

"Did you hear that Nick got accepted to New York's University?" I was surprised.

"It's a lie! Where did you hear that?" I asked looking at her.

"The rumor's from the faculty room." She added. "Out of all the student's who applied for the University, he had the top score out of all of them." She added.

"Of course, he is a genius." Jade said, "Wait, Kaitlin, why are you crying?" She said, I placed my hand on my cheeks and lord behold, there was in fact tears falling.

"No... I'm just happy. I'll go say congratulations to Nicholas." I said smiling, they nodded and I was on my way to the Class A section. I was skipping now. He was that hurt, but he still made it. The person I like is really cool. By any chance the charm helped on a certain level.

"I could get into the University of New York because of your charm." Nick said to me, I looked up to him and he was smiling. I smiled back. "Thank you." He said he stepped closer and brought me into hug.

"Ahh! Watch out." Said a guy. When I looked at him, I noticed that the hug was my imagination, I have been imagining way to much these days. Probably my conscious telling me the only way I'll be with Nick is in my dreams, that can't be true.

"Oh A person from Class A." I said, he immediately turned around and started to speed walk away from me, "Wait, what's wrong?" I asked him. "Or is it the result of the center test. . .?" I now knew that the guy was Will, Nick's best friend.

"As expected. Nick didn't do well with the center test." He said this to me but he had his back towards me.

"What are you talking about? Nick is fine it seems he could get into the University." He turned his neck around, I swear he got whip lash.

"What?! That's great with that condition." He confused me,

"With that condition?" I asked again.

"It was truly a miserable day for him, even the fact that it was because of the charm."

"The charm?" I repeated. He looked shocked and turned around again to depart from my presence, "Wa. . . wait. What are you talking about?" I cornered him, he was now telling me to stop.

"Stop it. I'll tell you, I will so. . ." He kept looking back to the wall.

"Oh, right, I'm sorry." I said taking three steps so he would be more comfortable.

"Now we can laugh about it, but many things happened because of your charm." I simply stared at him, my charm?

***

I was walking home, the sun was almost setting, and my head kept making me think, about all the troubles that were caused by the charm. . . I. . . was the one who cause Nick all the trouble. I felt really terrible, I could feel one tear falling onto my cheek, then another and another. I could just imagine the stress and anxiety he had that day the amount of nerves that were tripping over the uncomfortable situation.

***

I was in the kitchen breaking a huge chocolate bar, into tinny pieces, they were falling into a pot. The pot was in a bowl filled with hot water. Pretty soon after stirring the chocolate it was melted. I wish Nick will pass the final exam to enter the University. So that Nick's family's dream will come true. I poured the melted chocolate into a heart shaped mold. When the chocolate was frozen I started to write on top of it. This is going to happen, I know it's too early, but a day after the final exam, on Valentine's day I will give it to him, I placed the chocolate back into the refrigerator and I walked up to the kitchen window, it was very dark outside and everyone was asleep, but I had to do this, it would give me peace.

***

So the fateful day is here,

"I'm going." Nick said at the front door, "But you all don't have to come and say goodbye." He said to the five of us watching him,

"But we're so worried." Mrs. Louis said.

"Do you want me to drive you?" Mr. Louis said to him.

"I'm fine, my leg is better now, I'm going" Nick responded.

"Please be careful." Mrs. Louis added, before he went out the door.

"Goodbye." I said to the door. Will's words were replaying in my head.

"It was a disaster. I've never seen Nick like that, and the fact that it was all because of that charm." I bit my lip I couldn't leave him alone like that. I went back into the hallway to find the door of the main closet. I opened it and pulled out a red coat, I quickly went to the front door and put on my boats.

"Kaitlin?" Mrs. Louis asked. I saw all four of them watching me.

"I'm going to watch Nick until he passes the gate to the University. I'm so worried that something might happen to him, it's driving me crazy. So, I'm going." I said opening the door and leaving.

Author's Note
Why are my Chapters now more than 1000 words? Happy Reading. ^.^

(Edit 1415 words )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 126 9
Hailey D. Brown is the shy girl in the back of the classroom. She wasn't the sporty type, but she is very athletic. She makes all a's and she goes to...
120K 2.7K 11
Isabell Chance also know as lizzy is a street fighter and racer but at school she acts like a nerd. When everyone moves but her she shows her real se...
1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC