From my heart to yours (Editi...

By niviaaru

Emily is a seventeen year old girl who has lived all her life in foster care. but there is a twist in her lif... More

From my heart to yours
New home, old attchments
Sweet ice cream, Sweet memories!
The ride and confessions.
House of secrets.
New home and new beginning.
Embarrassed, it's a small word.
Rising hatred and the weekend.
Naked bitter past...
Life goes on, school begins.
Challenge officially accepted!
The missing pieces.
Found some pieces.
The suspense breaks!
The encounter.
Love in rain.
Date in woods
Bring it on.
Slowly, Steadily.
His secrets revealed to us.
Next move.
Right time to attack!
Attack
love confession, happy ending!
Epilogue

I care

170 21 8
By niviaaru

It’s been two days since I read out the letter to everyone. The school has been fine. To my surprise Drake has joined all of my classes. He always sits somewhere near me. And is always there wherever I go. It was kind of annoying and I started to feel that he was stalking me. Sometimes it seemed that he really did that for the stupid challenge that we agreed on, but he would never even talk about that. Drake is brilliant in studies and so he would usually ask me doubts over some topics that he would have and nothing more than that. Jessica teased me all the time while I would steal a glance at him every few minutes. I really liked him but that did not mean that I wanted him to be around like a stalker all the time. He actually had an eye on me continuously for past two days. He would also drop me home when Tristan would not be around.

Aqua and Esthar also took extra care about everything. The note did have an impact on my life and I would always have an eye on every corner to wherever I went, I was scared to be very honest. But I also have my own life and I need space, which clearly I didn’t have, even in my room I was never left alone. When I would sleep at night, Aqua would sometimes join me in my room. That was extremely weird. I had to actually ask her to stop doing that, I really needed space.

Drake did really seem to think about the challenge as well, he never left even a single chance to flirt with me. The other day when I was in my room, after I went back home from school, that day was really tiring trust me, the gym was pathetic they made us run twenty rounds of the ground and then made us do pushups. When I returned home I literally forced myself to climb the stairs. When I went and comfortably made a half sitting and half lying position on the bed, my phone buzzed.

Drake: Hello sunshine seems like you had a pretty heck tick day, you did not even talk once in the                                  whole ride back home. I missed your voice.

Me:  yeah the day was tiring for me. Oh I didn’t know I have so much effect on you.

D:  well now I’m a little lucky on that one.

Me: you think

D: ;)

Me: ha ha, anyways what you doing?

D: well I am right now chatting with my sunshine.

Me: oh boy, it seems like before me winning the challenge you would lose your heart.

As soon as I replied there was knock on my balcony door. I went to see who the fool was to climb up my balcony. When I opened the door I met a pair of beautiful grey eyes and there were dimples waiting there for me. I felt weak in my knees when I saw his sweet smile then realization struck that he entered through my balcony.

“Why are you entering my room through the balcony?”

“Well you see, I don’t really want your dear brother to know about the challenge” saying so he winked at me.

I just shook my head and smiled at him, “You are such a jerk”

“You are falling for this jerk, mind that” he said

“How can you be so positive that I am falling for you? You never know I might already be seeing someone else” I said with a smirk.

“If you would be seeing someone else, you wouldn’t steal glance at me every few minutes” he said with a smirk on his face.

When did he notice that?

“Oh you come in my vision when I try to look at Jessica and talk!”, I tried to cover up.

“Yeah?” he said with a playful tone and pulled me close to himself.

I dint really expect him to do that and my breath hitched. Our gaze locked for a few minutes and then he had a smile on his face, showing his perfect dimples and then he said, “You have beautiful eyes”

I blushed when he said that and looked elsewhere and said “Thanks” in a very timid voice.  He left his grip on my waist and immediately I missed his touch. He then went inside my room, as if he owned it himself and started looking at the sketch that was placed on my desk.

“So you were working on the assignment?” he asked.

“Yeah, last night I started with it.”

“hmm I have completed one sketch already, I’ll show it to you later.”

I nodded and then I picked up my cell phone that was placed on the pillow when I went to open the balcony, I felt someone’s gaze on me, which of course was Drake and I said “Stop looking at me that way” in a shy tone.

“Am I making you nervous Emy?”

I didn’t reply to him instead I stood up and made my way back to the sketches. I looked at the sketch and saw the puzzle that I made a few days back when Drake was here. The memories of that day flashed in front of my eyes and I smiled. “So, who are you thinking about han, is it me?” Drake said teasing me.

Of course I was thinking about you silly Drake!

“I am smiling because finally I found a little clue about what happened in the past and the news that Harry is alive gave me a slight relief, I really want to save him and meet him soon.” I said.

He smiled to me and said, “I am there for you always, I’ll help you to get close to him, trust me.”

I smiled back to him. He then left to his room, from the balcony of course, and from his room he went to hang out with Tristan. Today after returning from school he had stayed at our place because he wanted to hang out with Tristan and Blake.

Lately both Blake and Drake have started hanging out together. They are really working out with their friendship, though it’s just for Tristan but at least they are trying and I appreciate that

Well today is pretty dull. School was as usual uneventful. I have not been able to talk to Mrs. Smith. She knows something that I need to know before I read the next letter. I am being patient to read the next one; I really need time with so much happening in my life. I never expected my life to get so much complicated with the secrets. The note is still there in my writing pad, if the person feels that I am going to back out then he is wrong, I am going to save both my estate and my father. We informed the cops regarding the note. It was actually Esthar’s close friend, Oliver who apparently turns out to be Jessica’s pa. Oliver promised to work undercover, so that nobody would come to know about their plans and moves that they make. I am really fortunate to have such friends and family.

Drake promised me that he would teach me a few tricks to defend myself, it’s really important for me and the practice may start off by the end of next week. I am not sure what may happen any moment of my life but right now all I know is that I have to be prepared for the worst circumstances.

I was pretty bored sitting in my room so I made my way towards Tristan’s room. I knocked the door but nobody responded, I believed that no one was there in the room and so I went downstairs to find Aqua sitting there with something in her hand and she was pale. I rushed towards her as I saw her fall down, she was conscious, just too shocked to see whatever was there in her hand. I looked at her and then the note in her hand. Now it was my turn to be pale. We both locked a gaze and I pulled the note from her hand. She hesitantly gave it to m and kept her gaze on me as I read the note.

Sweetheart, you have always loved to hang out with your best friend Jessica haven’t you? But you do love your father right? So here’s a deal, you leave Jessica with me and take away your father. Jessica can help me out in many ways you see, I hope you get what I mean. She is beautiful and is perfect for…

Anyways if you want to save your father you have got three days time to give away the account which is on yours and Aqua’s name. Jessica will reach you’ll only when the estate is on my name fully or I must say if I wish to send her back she would.

-anonyms

I read the note over and over again. I couldn’t believe what was happening. I again locked my gaze with Aqua. I realized that I need to quickly call Mrs. Smith and get the piece of information. There again I wanted to save my father. But my best friend is not safe. I could feel the tears building up in my eyes and I could see Aqua now holding on to me tightly. I was unsure what to do. Save my best friend from the dirty hands or should I relieve my father from the misery he has been with for the past seventeen years. There again I can’t leave Jessica in those dirty hands to go through all the misery that was coming in her way. 

Tristan entered the house with a few giggles that had a familiar voice, the sound was of Jessica, she came in and still giggled. There was Blake and Drake who followed them in the living room. I looked up at them and they all looked at me and all their smiles vanished. Jessica came forward and before she would reach me I sped towards her and hugged her tight I and shouted, “You are SAFE!”

Tristan then came and held me in a hug and then asked “of course she is safe sis, why do you say so?”

At this I showed him the note in my hand. He clenched his jaws and I could see the anger rising in him. He punched the chair that was there in front of him and turned to Jessica and commanded, “All your stuff will be shifted to our house…right now!” I looked at him and Drake said, “Tristan we can’t do anything without thinking about it. Come on this may be to distract us, you never know their main target would be Oliver!” I nodded in agreement. “We need to be more careful with whatever we do”, I said.

I found another note in the envelopes that Tristan had brought onside the house.

It’s a warning sweetheart!

-anonyms.

I read that out loud.  We called home Esthar and Oliver and informed them about both the note that we received. Fortunately the house is really big and it was decided that they would shift to our home. The guestroom, which let me tell you was more like a three bedroom apartment was given to Oliver and Jessica. They settled quickly in the house.

I could feel the tension at home and it only made me nervous all the more. Jessica was spending time with Tristan, she had freaked out after she read the note and so she had to calm down, she was most comfortable with him and so she was in his room. I was in my room right now thinking about the events that occurred lately in my life and the twists and turns I am going through when I heard a knock at my door. I went and opened the door to see Blake and Drake standing there. I let them in and we sat in my room in utter silence for too long. Both of them then looked at each other and then back to me, then Drake spoke up, “Shall we go out somewhere, we need fresh air, the tension is killing me that surrounds the house.” Blake added up, “Seriously I can’t take it anymore.” I nodded to them and followed them downstairs. Blake had his car, I informed Aqua that we would be hanging out near the falls before I left and promised to call her if I needed to tell her something. She agreed an asked both the guys to take care of me.

While we drove towards the woods I watched outside the window and enjoyed the beauty of River town. Blake had put up some music which was having a very low volume and I was too engrossed looking outside that I didn’t even understand which song it was. Drake sat in the passenger seat beside Blake who was driving. I sat behind. In between I would feel Drake’s gaze on me, but I really wanted to enjoy the bliss of River town. Once we reached the woods, I hopped out of the car. I started moving in front, but I was soon joined by both the hot guys with whom I came here. We walked for about five minutes and reached the falls. 

Blake ran and jumped inside the river and started swimming, he had extra clothes in his car all the time. I sat on one of the stones that were near the edge of the river. I was soon joined by Drake who sat beside me. He looked at me and then smiled. I smiled back and enjoyed the feel of cold water on my feet. Drake too put his legs inside the water and relaxed. We shared silence and enjoyed the beauty around.

Suddenly, Blake swam towards us and he pulled Drake inside the river and splashed water on me. When Drake somehow managed to come outside he took in a heavy breath and then shouted, “What the hell dude!”  I was just laughing at the site as both the guys started a stupid kid dish fight of splashing water on each other. They were swearing on each other and splashing more vigorously. I really didn’t want to get wet, so I stood up and moved towards the trees. As I was moving towards the trees I heard the bushes move, but I ignored that and sat down on a log. The guys had now settled and were actually laughing on their stupidity. I leaned a little more on the log but I felt the bushes move once more. Now I really could not ignore that. I stood up and before I would run towards the guys I was gripped by my waist by somebody from behind and a knife was placed on my neck. Both Drake and Blake now came out of the water and started moving towards us. I could see anger filled in Drakes eyes. His fist and jaw were clenched tight. He moved ferociously towards us. Blake too looked really angry as he too moved along with Drake towards us. When the person pressed the knife a little on my neck I trembled a little, I was shit scared at this moment. “Don’t move, or she would lose her head” the man behind me with a very heavy voice snapped at both the guys. When I trembled a little more at his grip on my neck I saw something in Drake’s eyes that I couldn’t read. In a split second I saw the man fallen down with a bleeding nose because of the punch that Blake gave him and I was pulled into someone, Drake.

Blake punched him a few more times and the guy fell unconscious. Blake then picked him up and turned to look at me, Blake had a well build and he was kind of huge, so he was able to lift the man with the mask up, yes the man was wearing a mask. Drake then scooped me in his hands and then took me towards the car. I was sniffing him and taking in all the intoxicating cologne of his. He smelled so fresh and good. I was still scared and I griped Drake’s shirt tightly. Blake placed the unconscious man in front and tied his hands he also tied him up with the seat belt and me and Drake sat behind. We drove back, home .

I didn’t realize when I slept on Drake’s lap but when we reached home he whispered to me “Wake up sunshine.” I opened my eyes but was too lazy to really get up. He again scooped me and took me to my room. I had no idea where Blake and the guy with mask went.

Drake held me close to his chest and I could smell his cologne, I placed my head on his chest so I could take in all the fresh smell. He opened the door with one hand and when we entered the house he closed it with his leg. He slowly started moving up the stairs whilst he held me bridal style. We reached my room and he placed me on my bed. I really didn’t want to sleep anymore so I asked Drake to wait with me. I felt safe with him. He smiled at me and sat beside me on my bed.

We shared a couple of minutes in silence when I again felt the pain on my neck. Drake brought a first aid kit and cleaned my wounds. He applied some medicine on the wounds and then went to keep the first aid box back in my little drawer that was attached to my bed. I could see the concern in his eyes. After keeping the kit back in its place Drake came and embraced me in a hug.

I hugged him back. I felt safe in his arms. I felt better. I felt calm.  He then gave a peck on my cheek and then locked gaze with me. I looked in his eyes. He looked scared, he was really concerned about me. He then moved away from me to open the window of my room. As he opened the window Jessica rushed in my room and sat with me, I saw tears in her eyes when she saw the wounds. She was scared and I could feel it. Drake left the room and then it was just me and Jessica.

Drake’s POV.

Tristan and Jessica were enjoying their make out session whilst Blake and I were talking about movies. We finally reached the big door of the Johnson’s house and Tristan unlocked the door, when we entered the living room we found both Aqua and Emily on the floor, they were pale. I instantly knew something bad happened. Emily sped towards Jessica and embraced her and said, “You are SAFE!”

She told us about the two notes. I cannot believe the guy who is doing this! He is really pissing us all off now. I could see how scared Emily was. She went into her room while Jessica and Oliver shifted to their house. I went and sat with Blake who too was boiling with anger when he heard about the note.

We went to Emily’s room while Jessica was spending time with Tristan and decided to get some fresh air. While we sat in the car I saw how beautiful Emy looked. I just could not take my eyes off her the whole ride. She looked so innocent with her big blue eyes watching the trees outside the window. She had not smiled since she read the notes. I wanted to make her smile, I wanted to see her happy. Whenever I saw her cry I felt a knot in my stomach. That day even in the cottage I couldn’t see her cry. All her sketches had deep meanings I came to know when I saw her first sketch that day. I have seen pain in her eyes it’s always there; she only hides it by her smiles.

We reached the woods and Emy hopped out of the car. While she was walking ahead of us I whispered a plan to Blake. He ran inside the river when we reached the falls and I sat beside her. She looked really cute as she swayed her feet in the river. Blake swan back and pulled me inside the river as planned. We started fighting like kids while we heard her laugh. She was now smiling as she sat leaning on the log while Blake and I laughed because the plan succeeded. We were coming out of the river when I saw a man in mask getting closer to her while she tried to run towards us. He gripped her and placed a knife on her neck. I swear if he would hurt her in any way I would scramble him. I was angry. i could feel the anger boiling in me when he gripped her neck even tighter and I saw her tremble. I wanted to kill him. But Blake gripped my wrist just before I would have hit him and instead he hit the man.

I pulled Emy towards me and embraced her in my arms. She was holding on to me tight. I knew she was scared. I hugged her even tighter when she saw the man on the ground now unconscious. Blake picked up the man and turned to look at us. I saw a relief in his eyes as he looked at Emily who was holding on to me tight. He gave me a nod indicating me to follow him. I realized that Emy wasn’t able to walk and so I lifted her bridal style and walked towards the car. We sat in the car behind while Blake managed to tie the masked man up and we started towards home again. Emily slept on my lap as soon as we were out of the woods. She looked so innocent. I remembered the first time when I was placed on her lap while I slept, that was the best sleep, it was so cozy and I smiled all the way back.

Why was it always that whenever we came at the falls one of us slept on the lap of other.

I have always had a connection with her since the first time I saw her. I have like her since then. Putting up the challenge was just another excuse to get closer to her and it was actually working.

We reached her home and she was lazy to get up so here again I took her bridal style upstairs. When we reached her room she asked me to stay and I was really happy that she wanted to spend time with me . we shared some time silent and then se again felt the pain around her neck. I helped her clean the wound and I did the first aid for her.

Honestly I was now really scared after the incident at the falls. She is really in danger, I can’t lose her, I need her. i hugged her tight to calm my nerves. I felt tingles in my spine while she gripped me tighter. I loved the feeling of having her in my arms as we hugged. I pulled away from her to open the curtains when Jessica rushed in, I really wanted to spend some time alone with her but Jessica was her best friend and she was really upset about this incident.

As I came out of her room I felt like shit. How could she be in danger when I was supposed to take care of her? I am supposed to be the one to protect her. I have promised it to Tristan. I will have to tlk to him about my feelings. I really need to tell him, I can’t bottle this up inside me.

………………………………………………………………………

Jessica went back to her room while I was lying on my bed. Now it was around an hour since I was here on my bed all alone. I heard a knock on my door and the door opened as Drake entered. I was glad that he came by to share time with me. I smiled to him as he entered my room. He closed the door behind and came and sat on my bed. I sat up and looked at him.

“Hey” he said

“Hi” I replied with a timid voice and a weak smile.

He looked into my eyes intensely and then he said, “umm” and then he stooped.

I looked at him expectantly waiting for him to speak. He held my hand in his and then said, “Well the masked man agreed that he works for the person who sent you the note, he… did not reveal the name though, and he is Oliver’s custody”, I could feel that this was not exactly what he wanted to say. I just nodded and looked down. He pulled my chin up so I could see him. I looked in his eyes and he spoke, “I promise that you would never get into any kind of misery Emily, I promise to protect you.” I could see the honesty in his eyes.

“Why would you do that?” I asked out of curiosity.

He looked at me intensely and then said “because I care.” I could se the sincerity in his eyes and feel it in his voice. When he said that I felt butterflies in my stomach and my cheeks flamed. I felt s happy, so much loved and cared. I have never felt like this in my life. I pulled him in a tight hug and he hugged me back.

……………………………………………….

Nothing to say…

Vote, share, comment!

Keep fanning me!! :*  love you’ll!

~niviaaru~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 12.9K 34
Emily Valentine is an ordinary twenty-three year old girl that still lives with her dear parents. They love her so much that they won't let her out o...
479 66 27
Violet is 17 years old who is still trying to find her way. Still trying to come to terms with her parents death seven years later after an awful car...
219 32 34
Lia is a 16 year old girl going into high school. But guess what, she's the new girl. Great. As Lia attempts to survive high school, she discovers so...
81 0 51
Emma Stevens is a 17 year old senior student with good grades and a pretty normal life. Her life takes a dramatic turn when her best friend, 17 year...