My Perfect Mistake | #Wattys2...

By infinity_and_beyond3

~COMPLETED~ | This story is being slowly edited. "As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surp... More

My Perfect Mistake (Teen Pregnancy)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
My Perfect Mistake: Extras
Author's Note: Unwritten
Wattys 2016

Chapter Fifteen

60.5K 1.5K 433
By infinity_and_beyond3

Hey guys! I don't really have much to say. But I just wanted to say I'm going to start dedicating Chapters to some of y'all. If you're constantly voting, reading and commenting on this story your more than likely going to be chosen.

Anyways, I want to dedicate this chapter to my really good friend NareesaFazal ! She asked for the update and I'm gonna give it to her. :)

Hope y'all enjoy!

_______________________

*RECAP*

I helped Anabelle off the small bed. "You too Anabelle." He opened the door for the both of us. We exited the room, thanking him once last time before making our way to the elevators.

"See, I told you that everything was going to be fine," I said, as we waited for the elevator. "Yeah, I know. I was nervous for no reason. But I'm extremely relieved to know our daughter is doing great."

"Yeah, me too."

The elevator doors open. "You ready to see your father?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yep. Let's go." She took my hand and held it, as we walked inside the elevator and made our way to the Oncology Ward.

*End Of Recap*

*Sean's POV*

"Good practice guys! We're ready for the Championship game tomorrow against our rival Willow Creek High. Remember to stay focused throughout the game. We're going to kick some serious ass and win this game! Alright, bring it in guys. Sean count us in." Coach Murphy said, looking in my direction at the last sentence.

We all huddled close together, our hands in the middle. "Huskies on three, Huskies on three. One, Two, Three, Huskies!"

We dispersed from the circle, making our way back to the locker room. I walked over to my locker and opened it, taking out my stuff. "So, are you really gonna be a dad?" My best friend Chase asked, for the millionth time.

"Yes, Chase. I am. How many times are you going to ask?" I was clearly annoyed by the amount of times he's asked in one week. He's asked thirty times at the most, not that I've been counting.

"Sorry, it's just shocking to hear. And what about Kayla?? Is she still pissed about it?"

I sighed, as I took off my Basketball sneakers and put them in my locker. "I broke up with her, why does it matter to me if she's still pissed about it?" I took out my slides and set them down on floor, slipping them onto my feet.

"Oh, I didn't know. But Man, so how come I've never seen this Anabelle chick before now? I would of definitely noticed her if I would of seen her in the hallways, she's hot as hell. I would fuck her-"

I quickly slammed my locker as I looked over at Chase, shooting him a menacing glare. "Can you shut up?" I picked up my duffle bag from the bench and started walking out of the locker room.

"Whoa, dude, wait up! Hey! Wait up!" I could hear Chase's footsteps trying to catch up to mine. "Hey man, why are you so pissed?"

I stopped in my tracks, narrowing my eyes at him. "Look, I don't want you talking about her in that way. Got it?"

"Yeah, sorry."

We exited the gym and made our way down the hallway. "So what's the deal with her? You like her or something?"

"What? No."

"Okay. Whatever."

"Look man, she's just carrying my child. That's it. There's no feelings whatsoever."

"Alright, whatever you say. Actions speaker louder than words, remember that Sean," Chase had said, as we walked out of the school. "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you," I said, as we did our bro handshake. Chase out took out his keys and walked towards his car. I turned my head, my eyes quickly meeting a pair of green ones from a short distance. She smiled and waved at me, as she walked up to me.

I smiled at her. It had felt as if my day had suddenly gotten better once I saw her. "Hey." Anabelle finally got to where I was. "Hey," She said, returning the smile.

"I would hug you but I just got out of practice and I'm all sweaty. Anyways, what are you doing here at school? It's a quarter past five."

"Oh, I was at Yearbook. I've been behind on a lot of stuff since the stuff with my dad and the baby. I was just catching up with some of the photos before the next deadline. You know, I was actually working on the pages for Basketball."

"Oh yeah?" My lips slowly curving into a smile.

"Yep. Uh, there's quite a few pictures of you. They look.. Really nice." She looked down, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Well I try my best to look good for the camera." She looked up and I quickly winked at her.

She scoffed, a smile still present on her face. "Anyways, I should head home. I was up really late last night. I went to go see my father and I didn't get home until eleven. Plus, I had homework, so it was a long night."

"Let me drive you."

"No it's fine, I literally live a few minutes away. I can walk."

"No, I insist. Let me take you home, please," I persisted.

She stared at me for a few seconds, before finally answering. "Okay."

"Okay, C'mon." We both walked in the direction of my car. "So, how was your day?" I asked, as I unlocked the car. "It was pretty good. How about yours?"

I sat down on the drivers seat, closing the door right after. "It was alright. I've had better days."

"Why? What happened?"

"Uh, well I thought about the advice you gave me about Kayla. And, well-I decided to break up with her. Things between her and I were not right, it didn't feel right so I knew it was the right thing to call things off."

"Oh. As long as you think you made the right decision, then that's all that matters. How did she take it?"

"Uh-well. She took it.. okay."

*Earlier In The Day*

"Hey Baby!" Kayla came up to me, quickly pulling me in for a kiss. The bell had rang to go to lunch, so we were both going to head over to the lunchroom. She pulled away and linked her arm with mine.

"So, I was thinking you can come over after your practice today. I bought a new set of Victoria's Secret lingerie, and I want to wear it for you," She said, as we began walking to the cafeteria.

I stopped walking, quickly pulling her into an empty hallway. "Kayla, listen. We need to talk."

"Oh no. Did you not want me to wear lingerie this time? Okay, fine. I'll wear it another day. If that's what you want."

"What? Kayla, no. It's not that."

"Phew, okay good. Cause I spent a lot of money on it."

"Kayla, can you please stop talking about that for a second?"

"Okay, geez. What do you want? You're wasting my time. I could be eating with my friends right now but-"

"Kayla, I want to break up," I blurted out.

She stared at me, wide eyed, with her mouth hanging open. She closed her mouth, her facial expression turning angry. "Excuse me? What?"

"Kayla, you heard me. I don't have to repeat myself."

She scoffed. "Sean, you are making a horrible mistake. Do you hear me? Why would you want to break up with me? I'm popular and beautiful. I'm like the full package."

"I'm not making a horrible mistake. In fact, this is probably the best decision I've made so far. And just so you know, being popular and beautiful doesn't mean anything. I like a girl with an amazing personality, and Kayla you just don't have that. I'm sorry but you don't."

"Puh-lease. I have an amazing personality. You're just dumb enough not to see it! Wait, are you dumping me because of Isabelle??! You like her don't you!? I knew it!"

"First of all, it's Anabelle not Isabelle. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. And no, this has nothing to do with her. I don't like her in that way. I'm breaking up with you because I don't like you anymore. So, deal with it."

"You're such a liar. You do like her. Everyone in this stupid school can see it but you and apparently her. You know what? I don't care! I'm glad we're breaking up! God, you suck!"

"Oh, that's so mature of you."

"FYI, I've been sleeping with Andrew the whole time." She fixed her book bag and quickly stormed off.

I told Anabelle the whole thing, except the part where Kayla and I talked about her. I didn't want to tell her because I didn't want her to believe that the break up was somewhat her fault. Because it wasn't her fault.

"Well, it doesn't sound like she took it okay. Wow. She's been cheating on you the whole time, that's the worst part. And with Andrew. I know you and Andrew aren't exactly on good terms or friends for the matter. But still. He's an asshole and what she did to you was horrible. I'm so sorry."

I stared at her, a smile plastered onto my face. "What? Is there something on my face?" She asked, quickly wiping her face.

I let out a small laugh. "No. You don't have anything on your face, your face looks fine. It's just- I think this is the first time I've ever heard you swear before."

"Oh, did I swear? I'm so sorry, I didn't notice. I'm not usually like that. I'm sorry."

"Anabelle it's alright. Don't stress about it. You're good."

We both sat in the car in silence. "I should probably get out-"

"Anabelle, let me take you somewhere," I quickly said, not wanting her to leave just yet.

"And where exactly do you want to take me?" She sounded very intrigued.

"Seaside Park."

"Hmm... Okay. Let's go. I love Seaside Park."

"Great. I love Seaside Park too." I started the car engine and began backing out of her driveway. "I texted Derek and told him where I would be."

"Okay. Cool."

The drive to Seaside Park took a little while. Only ten minutes, which is not that bad of a drive. We arrived at Seaside Park, finally finding a parking spot after a few minutes.

We got out of the car. She turned to me and smiled. "I love coming here cause it's right next to the ocean. It's so peaceful and beautiful."

"Hence the name. But I will keep note of that."

We began walking down the concrete path. There was still some snow here and there. It was the second week of March, and we were still forecasted to have some more snow by the end of the week. "Do you wanna play a game?"

"A game? It depends. What kind of game are we talking about here?"

"Well it's kind of a game. It's the Question Game. Well you know that day you came over to my house and you said that we should get to know each other and start a trusting friendship?"

I nodded.

"Well, basically the Question Game is where one person asks another person a question to get to know them better. And the same goes to other person. I think it's time that we get to know each other more."

"Okay, I like it. Let's play. Who goes first?"

"I'll go first. Okay. Let's start off simple and then work our way up. So, what's your favorite color?"

"Green. Any kind of shade is cool. I like em' all."

"Well my favorite color is blue. Like the ocean, and the sky."

"Really?! I thought the ocean and sky were purple?"

She playfully slapped my shoulder. "Your sarcasm was not needed," She grinned.

"Okay, What's your favorite animal? Mine is a Cheetah."

"I like Sea Turtles. They're cute and plus Finding Nemo made me like them even more," She said.

"Well Sea Turtles are pretty cool."

"Yeah they are. Okay, so what's your favorite Television Series?"

"Ooo, well I'll have to say The Walking Dead. It's a pretty cool show."

"I agree, I like watching it with Derek. Oh and mine is Grey's Anatomy."

"Grey's Anatomy?"

"Yeah, it's my guilty pleasure. Plus, there's a Dr. McDreamy and a Dr. McSteamy. They're are so gorgeous, oh my goodness. Oh and Dr. Avery too. I call him Dr. McSexy."

"McDreamy, McSteamy and McSexy, is their favorite food a McDouble?" I wanted to slap myself for making such a lame joke, but a smile formed onto her lips and I was suddenly filled with happiness when I heard her start laughing.

"Very funny," She smiled.

"Okay, let's make things a little interesting. What is your ultimate goal in life?"

"To be a very successful lawyer," She answered.

"You want to be a lawyer? For real?"

She nodded. "Yeah, my mother was one. A pretty good one too. I want be able to follow in her footsteps and make her really proud. You know?"

I nodded. "Well, my mom is a lawyer, an attorney actually, I don't know if they're the same thing but yeah. She's a pretty badass Criminal Defense Attorney."

"Really? That's what I want to be. A Criminal Defense Attorney. Something about it just interests me."

"That's good. You should study something your interested in. Get yourself a career in something you love."

"Yeah. So, what about you?"

"Well, I want to be able to play College Basketball. At tomorrow's game, there will be college scouts to watch me play. Hopefully I can get a full ride scholarship. So tomorrow's game can either make or break my career in Basketball but if things don't work out with that, I want to study sports medicine."

"Well I can assure you that you will play amazing tomorrow and get yourself that full ride scholarship. I believe in you. You will do great and if those college scouts don't see that, then they've truly lost out on one hell of a Basketball player."

I looked at her, gently putting a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me. So thank you, Anabelle."

She smiled, putting her hand on my hand that was now resting on her cheek. "You're welcome Sean." I don't know why, but my heart was racing. This was a unfamiliar feeling. A feeling I've never had before.

I quickly took my hand off her cheek, but the giddy feeling continued. "So, shall we continue with the questions?"

I nodded, giving her a small smile.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

*Anabelle's POV*

"So, what are the plans for this lovely Friday night?" Lianne asked, plopping herself onto my bed. I set down my book bag on my desk and made my way over to my bed. "Uh, I was thinking that we could go to the Championship Basketball game tonight. What do you think?"

She quickly sat up, eyeing me suspiciously. "What? Since when have you been interested in going to a Basketball Game? Is it cause a certain baby daddy is playing for the team??"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I want to go because of Sean. But, before you say anything, it's not because I like him or anything, cause I don't. I just want to go to support him, and as a friend, I believe that is the right thing to do. Look Lianne, he's really nervous. There are going to be college scouts watching him play tonight and he doesn't want to screw up his chance of getting a full ride scholarship for Basketball. I want to go and assure him once again that we will do amazing. Okay?"

"Okay, fine. We'll go. What time is the game?"

"Seven. I want to be there a little earlier so I can see him and give him the pep talk he needs."

There was a knock on my door, before it opened completely. Derek was standing there with a box of pizza. "I bought pizza if you girls are hungry."

"Yeah, sure. Oh and Derek, do you want to come with Lianne and I to the Championship Basketball Game tonight?"

"Sure, at what time?"

"Seven, but we'll be leaving a little earlier so I can see Sean before the game starts." I took the box from his hands and walked down the hallway, towards the kitchen. I set the box of pizza on the counter and opened the cabinet, taking out three plates.

"You've been spending a lot of time with Sean lately," I heard Derek's voice say. I glanced in his direction. "Yeah I know. And? Is there a problem with that?"

"No, there's no problem, it's just something I noticed."

"Oh, okay." I placed three slices of pizza onto a plate and handed it to Derek. "Here you go."

"Thank you." Lianne and I served ourselves pizza and soda. I glanced over at the clock, only to see it was 5:30. I took a bite of my pizza, continuing to glance at the clock every once in awhile. I just wanted it to be time to leave already.

"I'm going to go shower," I said, setting down my plate on the counter. Maybe if I did something, time would go faster. I went back to my bedroom, closing my door quickly. I turned on the light to my bathroom.

Before I could do anything else, my phone began ringing. I grabbed my phone, looking at the Caller ID.

Jason.

I unlocked my phone and answered.

"Hey Jason," I said, sitting down on my bed.

"Hey Anabelle."

"Is everything okay? You sound upset."

"Uh, I'm fine. Can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Well, I've been trying to find the right time to talk to you but there's never really a good time. Because, you know, you don't come to work that often anymore, cause of your family, school and the baby, and I totally understand. Those things come first but, I just don't see this working out anymore. I didn't envision us this way. Always busy. You know?"

"Yeah," I mumbled. Everything he said was true. We were busy.

"But that's not the only reason I wanna call things off. I-I'm moving to North Carolina. I got accepted into Duke University and I wanna finally start working on my degree. I've been holding off college for more than a year and I wanna just do something with my life."

"I totally understand. You have to work on you and that's completely important. I agree with you, things aren't working out."

"Really? You agree?"

"Yeah, I mean. I've only ever seen you as a friend, so when you asked me out, I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to say no because I didn't want the fact that we were friends to get in the way of us trying to see how it goes, you know? But I like you, I really do Jason. But I don't I like you in the way I thought I did, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel the same way. I think I may have misinterpreted my own feelings for you. Hopefully this doesn't change anything, because I really want us to continue being friends."

"Jason, of course this doesn't change anything. I would love it if we continued to be friends."

"Great. I'm glad."

"So when's your last day in Connecticut?"

"I leave Thursday. Maybe we can meet up before I leave."

"Yeah, of course. We can go have dinner somewhere. Wherever you like. I'll pay."

"Anabelle, you don't have to pay but yes, dinner would be nice. So we'll eat dinner at Hal's Wednesday afternoon. Let's say, around six?"

"Sounds great. I'll be there."

"Cool. I'll see you Wednesday then."

"Okay, Jason. Bye, have a good night."

"You too Anabelle."

And with that, the line went dead. I set my phone on my dresser and glanced at the clock that was resting on my nightstand. It was already almost six.

"Crap!" I quickly rushed into my bathroom, and closed the door, turning on the shower right after. I quickly removed my clothes and hopped into the shower. I squirt shampoo onto my hands and thoroughly cleaned my hair and scalp with it.

I rinsed off the shampoo. "Hey Anabelle, I'm borrowing one of your jeans," I heard Lianne say, from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Okay!" I finished up in the shower a little while later. I got out of the shower, grabbing the towel from the towel rack, and wrapping it around my body. I opened the bathroom door, and walked towards my dresser.

I opened the top drawer, taking out a black lace bra, with a matching black lace underwear. I removed the towel and threw it on my bed. I put on the bra and underwear, and made my way to the closest.

I took out a pair of blue jeans and put them on. "Anabelle, it's me. I'm coming in." Lianne opened the door and entered my room. She looked at me and smiled.

"Wow. Look at your baby bump!" She walked over to where I was, and placed her hands onto my stomach. Her cold her hands made me jump a little. "Oh, sorry. I was just outside. I totally forgot my hands were cold."

She took her hands off my stomach and turned in the direction of my closet. "So, what shirt are you gonna wear?"

"Don't know yet. Help me pick one?"

"I would love to!" She walked into the closet and pulled out a tan long sleeved shirt. She handed it to me and walked back inside the closet. I pulled the shirt over my head and slid it on. She came back with a hunter green colored coat in one hand and a pair of tan boots in the other.

"Wear this," She said, handing them to me. I took the coat and slipped it on. I walked over to my drawer and took out a pair of socks. I put them on and then put on the boots.

"I'm going to get the blow dryer and the hair straightener. I'm going to do your hair."

"Why?"

She smiled to herself, as she walked inside the bathroom. "No reason," She said, taking out the blow dryer, straightener, a comb, and a hair clip. She placed everything on my desk.

"So, Jason and I called things off."

"Really? Why?" She didn't seem as shocked as I thought she would be. "Uh, we just decided to be friends, plus he's moving to North Carolina to finally start college."

"Ohh. I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. But, you don't seem so surprised."

"I am surprised." I looked at her in the mirror in front of me. "Lianne."

She sighed. "Okay. I'm not surprised. I kind of saw it coming."

"How?"

"Well, you've been busy a lot. And you two barely got to spend a lot of time together. I just think that the whole relationship started at the wrong time. You both are focused on other things. You know?"

"Yeah, I know. I didn't see it in the beginning, but later on I started to see it. We were going on different paths. If we didn't call things off now, we would of done it eventually."

"Yeah. But now, you continue focusing on the things that truly matter. Like school and most importantly your daughter."

I gave her a small smile. "Yeah."

"So, are you excited for the Senior Trip to Florida??! It's in exactly two weeks and we get to spend our entire spring break there! I have so many things planned for us to do while we're there! Plus, your eighteenth birthday is during spring break too! So we'll be able to celebrate your birthday while we're over there! Eeep! We're going to have so much fun!"

"Lianne, I'm not even sure if I can go anymore. I'm pregnant. I don't know if I'm even supposed to be traveling this far into my pregnancy."

"Sh! No, you're going. I'll make sure of it. And if you're truly concerned about flying harming the baby then call Dr. Reynolds. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay. I'll call him tomorrow and I'll let you know if I can go or not."

"I really do hope Dr. Reynolds gives you the clear to go! Because I literally have a long list of activities and I don't want to do them with anybody else but you. Plus, going without you just wouldn't be the same."

"Aw, Lianne. I really hope he clears me. Cause I would love nothing more then to spend spring break with my best friend in Florida."

"Aw yes! Same here! But enough about that, and let's get your hair done."

"Yeah, okay."

XxXxXxXxXxXxXx

The gym was packed and everybody was pumped up, ready for the game to start. There was only ten minutes left until the game would officially start. Lianne and I were sitting down on the third row of bleachers, nearest to the court. Derek had left to the concession stand to get us some drinks and snacks.

The basketball team was on the court, doing some warm ups. I spotted Sean near the three-point line, dribbling the ball around. I was waiting for the perfect time to pull him away and talk to him, before the game starts.

The coach blew on his whistle and called the team back to the benches. I watched as Sean started making his way towards the coach. His eyes roamed the crowd. A part of me was hoping that he would look in my direction and notice that I was there.

But he didn't.

He focused himself on what his coach was saying to the team. Once the coach was done talking, he dismissed them. The players had began sitting themselves down onto the bench, a few had gone to get water from the bucket.

Sean stood there, his eyes once again roaming the crowd. And this time, we made eye contact. He smiled and mouthed 'Hey'. I couldn't help but smile back. 'Hi' I had mouthed back.

I got up from the bleachers and made my way towards Sean. "I didn't know you were coming," Sean had said, once I got to where he was standing.

"Well, you were really nervous about the game yesterday and I wanted to come to support you and to tell you this. Don't be nervous. Okay? Don't let those college scouts intimidate you, as a matter of fact just pretend they're not even there. All you need to do is try your best, stay focused, play to your greatest extent and most importantly have fun. This is the last time you will be playing on this team, so make the most of it. Okay?"

He nodded.

"You will do a phenomenal job tonight and you will wow these scouts with your killer talent. And like I said yesterday, I believe in you. You just have to believe in yourself. You just have to remind yourself that you are an amazing basketball player, and that you will get this scholarship. Keep a positive mindset not a negative one. Trust me, it'll help a lot."

He smiled and nodded. "Thank you Anabelle. You have no idea how much I needed this pep talk."

The coach blew his whistle and began clapping his hands. "Alright guys, game starts in four minutes! Huddle up!"

"Remember what I said. Okay?"

Sean nodded, pulling me in for a hug. "Go kick some ass," I said, as were still hugging. He began laughing as he pulled away. "Don't worry, Willow Creek will experience the biggest ass whooping of their life."

"That's the spirit!" I smiled at him.

"Walker, enough chit chatting and get over here now."

"Go before your coach gets really mad."

"Good idea. I'll meet you after the game, okay?"

I nodded. Sean quickly jogged back towards the huddle. I went up the steps and made my way back to my seat. I got to my seat and noticed that Derek was back, but this time Jessa was there next to him.

I looked at Lianne and she didn't look happy at all. I sat down and rested my head on her shoulder. "It's okay Lianne. Don't be upset. Do you want me to sit next to Derek?"

"No, it's fine. I'm okay. I'm not gonna let it get to me."

"Good. Now let's enjoy this game, shall we?"

She smiled and nodded. The game had officially started. I watched Sean throughout the first half. He was focused the entire time, making shot after shot after shot; with the help of his teammates of course.

The buzzer went off, indicating that the second quarter was over. It was now halftime and the score was 38-28. We were leading by ten points. The team played an amazing first half, especially Sean.

"Woo! What an amazing first half!" Derek cheered. Lianne and I cheered along with him. I glanced over at Jessa, who was on her phone. She wasn't the least bit interested in the game. She actually looked super annoyed.

Derek looked over at Jessa, frowning as he saw her on her phone. "Jessa, can you please get off the phone for once? I would really like it if you showed at least some type of interest."

She sighed and set down her phone her lap. "Fine. Whatever." Her attitude didn't sit well with me. In fact, it bothered me so much that I really wanted to say something. I refrained from doing so. But, Lianne didn't.

"Look, your attitude is not needed."

"Um, excuse me?"

"Did you ever think about the fact that he just wants to spend time with you and enjoy this game with you? No. You haven't. So, how about you stay off your phone and actually spend some time with him."

Derek stared at Lianne. He looked unsure on what to say. But boy, was Lianne furious. "God, do you actually care about him? Cause it seems like you don't. If you really cared about him, you would not be sitting here on your stupid phone, you would be cheering along with him, having fun, but no-"

"Lianne stop! Come with me to the bathroom." I quickly grabbed her arm and lead her to the bathroom. We reached the entrance of the bathroom, stopping in front of the door. "Lianne what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry! Okay!? I'm just so angry and upset and I don't know what had gotten into me. Just seeing her sitting there and not giving a shit bothered me! And her attitude just seemed to really set me off."

"I know. Okay? I understand that you're upset and angry but you can't just do that. Snapping on her like that was not the right thing to do."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to both Jessa and Derek. But before you do, let's hang out here for a bit. Give yourself time to cool off before we go in there. Okay?"

"Okay."

We spent the next ten minutes outside the bathroom. "Okay, are you ready to go back inside? The third quarter is about to start and I want to be in there for when it does."

"Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go."

She linked her arm with mine. We made our way back inside the gym, to our seats. We got to where our seats were and I sat down; Lianne stayed standing. "Jessa, I would like to apologize for my behavior. Snapping on you was totally uncalled for. I won't do it again. And Derek, I apologize for yelling at your girlfriend and causing a small scene."

Lianne sat down and Derek patted her shoulder. "Thank you, but you didn't need to apologize." Lianne looked at him, confused. "What?"

"Ooo guys! The second half is starting! Look!" I pointed at the basketball team as they entered into the gym, back from the locker room. They arrived to their side of the court and the players went back onto the court.

The buzzer went off and the third quarter started. They started off more aggressive than the first half. After awhile, they seemed to be losing their focus, more specifically Sean, which was not a good thing.

Willow Creek began making more shots on us, taking the lead with 47 points. The third quarter was coming to end and Sean looked about ready to give up. He was frustrated and not focused. The buzzer went off and both teams got off of the court.

Our team huddled up into a circle. I wanted so badly to go back down there and give Sean another pep talk, but it looked like the Coach was already giving him one. They did their chant and dispersed from the huddle. Before Sean went back onto the court, he looked in my direction.

I smiled and gave him a big thumbs up. 'You got this' I mouthed to him. He nodded and headed to his position back onto the court. The buzzer began and the fourth and final quarter started.

The team was more focused now. They were getting more shots in and doing some incredible defending. There was thirty seconds left in the game and the score was 58-56. We were behind two points. They paused the clock, due to Willow Creek calling a time out.

The Willow Creek players came back onto the court, after their timeout and the clock continued. One of the Willow Creek players dribbled the ball down their court, towards their basket. He threw the ball towards the basket, but Chase, Sean's best friend, jumped up and blocked it, taking the ball and dribbling it back to the other side of the court.

Once he reached the other side of the court, he quickly passed it to Sean who was on the three point line. There was five seconds left and Sean seriously needed to shoot the ball. Sean finally went in for the shot.

This was the moment of truth. I held onto Lianne's arm, my heart racing. The ball flew in the air and went straight into basket. The buzzer went off a second later. Lianne and I got up from our seats and cheered. "We won!" I yelled, excitedly. I quickly pulled Lianne into a hug. The rest of the team ran onto the court, towards Sean.

They all cheered and jumped onto each other, celebrating their win. The crowd went onto the court, congratulating the team. I rushed off the bleachers and made my way through the crowd, in search of Sean.

After several minutes, I still couldn't find him. He was probably back inside the locker room. Just as I was about to leave, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Sean standing there behind me, a huge smile plastered onto his face.

I smiled and quickly pulled him in for a hug. "You did it! I am so proud of you!" I said, while still hugging him. He quickly pulled away, his hands holding mine. "I couldn't have done it without you. You believed in me and gave me that pep talk. And that pep talk was all I could think about the entire game. That talk was what kept me going. You kept me going. And I can't thank you enough."

I smiled at him. "I also have something else to tell you. I just got finished talking to my coach and I just got offered a full ride Basketball scholarship to Yale!"

"Oh my God, Sean! That is amazing! Congratulations! I told you that you would get it! I am so proud of you!"

"Words cannot explain how happy I am right now. We won the Championship and I got a full ride. Can this day get any better?"

"Sean! Hey man, you did awesome out there! Congratulations on the win!" Derek had said, giving him a high five. "Yeah, congratulations Sean. You did really good," Lianne said, giving him a hug.

"Thank you guys."

"So how about we all go celebrate? Burgers on me," Derek said, wrapping his arm around Lianne's shoulder. It was now that I noticed that Jessa was no where in sight. "Where's Jessa?"

"Oh, she left. She was tired."

"Oh okay."

"So, what do you say? You guys want some burgers?"

Sean wrapped his arm around me and smiled. "Sounds great."

___________________

A/N

Oh my goodness guys! This Chapter is more than 6,000 words long! That is literally a record for me. I've never written that much for a Chapter! Like, wow! I am so shocked that I wrote that much. Haha.

So, I hope you guys enjoyed this Chapter! So, I'm curious. What was your favorite part of this Chapter and how are you enjoying the story so far? Let me know, by commenting below!

I want to apologize for any grammatical and/or spelling errors. This was a long Chapter and I tried to fix as many errors as I could along the way. But the Chapters will be fully edited once the story is finished.

Anyways, hope you guys had a good week! Until next time, my super duper fabulous readers! :)

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

-Follow

xxxxx infinity_and_beyond3 xxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 202 11
"Aaron..." She giggled as I ran my nose down along the side of her neck. That's my favourite sound...her laugh. "I'm trying to study, if I don't st...
216K 7.3K 41
I fell in love with this man The man I have thought would love me through and through. The thought of him seeing me as woman had possessed me to d...
280K 9.2K 59
Samantha Jones has lived most of her life in a small village she can't await to escape. No matter her story and background, she has worked ridiculou...
143K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...