The Diary of a Usually Unusua...

By Somethingcrazy10xoxo

Hey, whoever's reading. This is the crazy diary of an even crazier fourteen year old girl. And that's me, R... More

The Diary of a Usually Unusual Teenager
1.Yay! My life's super exciting. Not.
2. Get a move on, you're freaking lazy!
3. You're absolutely cra--OH MY GOD! There's termites?!
5. Well, it turned out okay, I suppose..
6. Back to school and, hello sarcasm?
7. I'm weird, am I not?
8. Mum and the Mean World Syndrome
9. How was the exam? It was AWESOME!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!
10. Speaking and me is a bad, bad, bad combo.
11. If you're indisciplined, you'll probably break someone's bones!
12. Giving excuses for not doing your homework - how not to do it
13. Oh my God! I'm mad! I'm actually having a conversation with myself.
14. Then, she finally exploded with her negativity...
15. Don't tell me you're going to flunk!
16. Why haven't I told my father that I've failed Maths yet?!
17. I went from budding thespian to stage-shy non-thespian. Yup.
18. Well, ma'am, because you didn't feel charitable enough to give me a seventy!
19. Got you into ballet classes? You have flat feet!
20. But who cares about melancholy when you can have non veg?

4. Writing is super easy! Not.

172 8 9
By Somethingcrazy10xoxo

Hey guys! Another chapter's up. I hope you all like it. Read, vote/comment and enjoy, most importantly! Happy reading, folks!

                                                                                     Rupanjali.

                         4. Writing is super easy! Not.

May 29,

Wednesday,

5:44 pm.

God, I was super busy  for the last two days! Dad (and mum, too) made me work my butt off doing household work and studying just 'cause my workshop started from today. Their point is that with my workshop going on, I wouldn't be able to study a lot and that's why I had to yesterday and the day before.

As if, I don't study on a normal basis.

 Well, I actually agreed because they agreed to let me use the laptop for an hour and watch 'Franklin and Bash'.

Anyhow, today I woke up, watched 'Franklin and Bash' and VH1 as usual while having my breakfast.

Or rather, before having breakfast.

Mum has forbidden me from eating in the living room because more often than not, I end up scattering half the food on the floor.

It's not really my fault. I guess I'm a bit too clumsy or have butterfingers!

Mum isn't of the same opinion, sadly. She thinks I either do it deliberately (why the hell would anyone do something like that deliberately?! Crazy, crazy, crazy!) or maybe I'm dumb or something.

Anyway, I went to the workshop today. It's basically a workshop on Short Story writing and I'm enjoying it so far. I met one of the girls, Priya from last summer.

She and I were in the three week workshop and we had a great time.

Well, she wasn't in my groups at first but then our teacher put her in my group and we hit it off a bit later. Actually, she's extremely introverted and shy and feels very intimated by the domineering type. I wasn't like that so we hit it off.

Anyhow, I borrowed 'How Not To Live Your Life:Series One' and 'Blackadder 2' from the library and a book on Criminology.

Why would a fourteen year old like me want to read a book on Criminology, you might ask?

Well, I have a habit of reading non-fiction but the truth is, after watching 'Criminal Minds', I am madly interested in reading up on Criminal Psychology. I'm interested in Psychology, so I thought, why not give Criminal Psychology a try?

I'm also crazy about Particle Physics, Psychology (as I've mentioned before), Classical Literature, Poetry (of all kinds), Chemistry, Genetics, Mythology, C (the computer language and not the letter, okay?) and learning languages (not the computer kind).

I seem super weird and unusual now, don't I?

That's me, I guess.

6:12 pm.

There used to be a time when I used to hate rock (music, not the igneous/sedimentary/metamorphic type!), y'know.

But, all that has taken a complete 360 degree turn now 'cause I'm absolutely in love with rock!

10:37 pm.

I wouldn't have said this before (like a year or even a month or so ago) but I really like Radiohead! And Nirvana too!

May 30,

Thursday,

2:17 pm.

I was teaching Mum's student, Sanchita today. Teaching her Geography, to be exact.

God, she is so freakin' inattentive!

I mean, she can't even freakin' concentrate for ten minutes! She chews on her pen (eurrghh! Pens are made of recyclable for Pete's sake! Who knows what it's been made from?!) and gets lost in thought and becomes quite sad once in a while.

Why the hell does she become sad all of a sudden?, you might ask.

(And no, the answer isn't because I'm a horrible teacher or something or because she hates studying, which she does as a matter of fact. It's something else...which I'll tell you about. Later.)

You have no idea how freakin' angry I am right now! I'm cussing every two words and I can't even freakin' (I cussed, see?) type properly 'cause I keep pressing the damn keys too hard and I'm typing the w instead of the e!

I'M BLOODY PISSED!

(God, I sound...weird and soo unlike me!! Why the bloody hell am I cussing every two words?! That's because I'm ANGRY! A-N-G-R-Y!! ANGRY!)

Anyhow, instead of working out crosses in Genetics or snuggling with a good book, I spent the whole morning teaching Sanchita Aphelion and Perihelion while mum taught her four-year old sister, Sanchaita.

While if there's something to be said about Sanchaita, it's that she's practically like an old housewife!

Trust me, I'm not joking.

Every time she comes, she asks mum what she cooked today (something that some Bengali  women use as a conversation starter or as a topic of conversation, though it might sound a bit silly.) and mum scolds her (usually) and at times, stares at her, utterly gobsmacked!

Back to the topic of Sanchita...

Well, it's been two weeks since she broke up with her somewhat-boyfriend and since then she's been kinda down in the dumps.

That is kinda silly, I must say.

I know what y'all are thinking. How heartless of her to say something like that/she's decided to stay a spinster all her life/I can bet a gazillion dollars that she's never had a crush on someone before and stuff like that. But the truth is, if she never actually loved him why's she acting all sad?

Maybe it's because, he realised she was far too young for him and dumped her though she told mum that she dumped him after a stupid argument.

Do you know what she said today?

She was wearing the shades that he had given her on her birthday. When mum asked her why she was still wearing the shades he gave her, she said, "Well, I was only with him for the gifts, you know...and thank God, I dumped him before his birthday arrived or else I would've had to give him  gifts too!"

And it's not like she's poor or something either, she's filthy rich! Her parents are, to be precise but nevertheless. They own three cars and four houses, two of which are apartments.

I look like a beggar compared to her. Seriously.

Well, my point is if you were only with the guy for his gifts, why the hell did you tell him you loved him?! That's insane!

Loving someone for the gifts they give you is, in my opinion, completely and utterly horrible.

I mean, come on, the other person is trusting you, investing their selves in you, loving you with all their heart and for what?! Only to have you love them in return for their presents?! That's just bollocks!

And what even surprises me is, how my mum can bear to become an Agony Aunt for this particular girl! And I mean that quite seriously.

Whenever Sanchita comes over, she spends over 75% of the time telling mum  all her  sordid, little problems in her love life and family life. I'm pretty damn sure that if she had a sex life, she'd discuss that too.

Thankfully, she doesn't up till now.

'Cause she's just turned 13 this April.

And she makes me seem like a cranky, old spinster!

Did I mention her ex is about 20 or 21?!

My parents' age differences are lesser than Sanchita and her ex's. Even though my grandparents (both sides) arranged their marriage.

Talk about age differences!

3:11 pm.

Have  I told you about how awful Sanchita made my life when we were young? She practically grew up with me!

One, she used to steal my things. Okay, I'm not making that up! Her mum's a kleptomaniac and so is she.  And, please Google 'Kleptomaniac' if you don't know what is. Seriously. I used that word in an Essay way back in sixth grade and the teacher actually asked me what a 'kleptomaniac' was/is! Really! She did. Go and ask her if you don't believe me.

No wonder machines/robots/humanoids/mandroids are gonna take over Earth someday. If this is the level of intelligence, I'm pretty damn sure a single sheep/earthworm/farm raised turkeys  (these are the dumbest animals on Earth, I read on the internet) could take over us singlehandedly! (I sound like Sheldon Cooper, don't I?)

Two, all my family members preffered her over me! How unfair is that!

Three, she lied a lot (to get me into trouble, obviously) and ate up all my crisps, if she saw them, that is.

I prefer to say crisps instead of chips and that's caused a lot of problems. Yesterday, I asked someone for a packet of crisps and the person simply stared at me as if I was speaking Klingon! Then, mum said that I wanted chips and then the bloke said, "You could've simply said that!", in a huff. Weird! 

Qapla, for now!

3:25 pm.

That's Klingon for 'Goodbye' though it literally means sucess and is pronounced as 'kkhopla-uh'.

 May 31,

Friday,

6:19 pm.

Went to my workshop today. On the way, I met a person at the metro (undeground/tube) station who had a really bad case of OCD. And by bad, I mean, really awful. Two people pushed him when he was entering th station and he went on saying, "Again, again, again, again, again.." till he reached seventeen.

Then, at the ticket counter, he said, "A ticket to Park Street, A ticket to Park Street, A ticket to Park Street..." seventeen times till the woman at the ticket counter was quite rattled by his voice.

Poor guy, I thought. It's a pity that he can't help it.

But, dad was pretty exasperated by him. He was tired for standing there for a good twenty minutes and believe me, when I say, he doesn't like to be delayed/kept waiting. If he wants something, it's now or never. But, dad doesn't understand Psychology (When I was reading 'Dreams' by Carl Jung last night, he asked me who he was! So, basically, you get the picture.) at all. Seriously. So he hadn't an inkling about what the guy had and he started to yell at him.

Then the guy got quite startled and started saying, "I  was just buying a ticket, I was just buying a ticket.."  for about seventeen times or do.

Dad was bloody mad and the bloke's voice really got on his nerves so, dad wasn't really pleased when the fellow sat two seats down from him in the train.

It rained today so the weather was pretty awesome otherwise it's all sweaty and humid. But, it's really awful when you have to go outside in that weather weariung flipflops and get muddy water smeared all over your feet.

Dad was angry, once again, when his best trainers got soaked in the rain.

Anyhow, the workshop went well  but I got homework which I'm already stressing about.

7:21 pm.

Wanna know what the homework is? Well, we have to write the plot of a story we'll write in ten points and bring it to class on Monday.

10:42 pm.

I have no idea about what I'll write! But, not to worry I still have two days to hand in my work.

June 1,

Saturday,

9:42 pm.

Just came back from Maths tution and mum told me to sit down and write down the  plot points for the story. But I still have no bloody clue about what I'm gonna write!

ARGHH! Why did this have to be so hard?!

June 2,

Sunday,

6:03 pm.

On the first day of the workshop, our trainer said something that is now echoing in my ears and driving me crazy!

I'll be a raving lunatic soon, I swear.

Anyhow, what she said was, "Writing is hardest for writers." Well, she may have said it a bit differently or something but that was basically what she meant.

Maybe, the writers in that case are amateurs, I guess. Because I'm one too.

An amateur writer, that is.

And the worst about writing is, according to me is....(drumroll! LOL!)

Writer's Block.

Seriously.

It can creep up and kick you in the butt, most often, at the worst and most unexpected of times.

Two years ago, I had started writing a fantasy novel. It was going quite well and I had written about fifteen chapter or so (if I'm not mistaken, that is) and then tragedy struck. I couldn't even write another chapter! My mind had gone absolutely, completely, utterly (I'm using the three words to give you a better picture of what I felt at the time, okay?) BLANK! Yes, B-L-A-N-K, Blank. I had no idea whatsoever about the story. No, nada, zip, zilch, 'kay? Abso-friggin-lutely nothing!

And then, the story sat on my desk for a year till I decided to put it away somewhere so I could find and complete it, later.

I haven't completed it till now, though.

6:21 pm.

Asked mum for her advice/help with the homework. She agreed (only after I patronised her a bit, though). Well, anyway her ideas were even worse than mine! And she had three of them, mind you.

I gave her a brief idea of what my character's like (a resume of sorts) and then she blurted out her ideas.

The first one was something to do with teenage boys smoking. I was quite surprised at this and I told her, "Mum, it's a story I'm writing. Not a plot line for an anti-smoking advert!" That didn't really please her, I think.

The second  one was about drunk driving! I reminded her, "He's a good, focused and hardworking kinda boy so I don't think he'd do that. Besides, he doesn't even have a car! He's an orphan and he lives with his grandma!"

Mum said, "Okay, okay. But maybe his friends asked him to do so..."

"Then, that's peer pressure!", I remarked, "Could you please think of something else? These are a bit...um...weird..."

Mum was offended. Don't know why. Seriously. Do these seem like awesome story ideas to you?

To me, they don't.

10:17 pm.

Asked for dad's help and he gave me a idea which was way far-fetched.

Wanna know what is?

Well, here it goes..

The guy (my main character) is travelling in a train with is friend. A pretty, young girl and her boyfriend and a  middle-aged couple are also travelling in the same compartment. Anyhow, there's a blackout in the train and a few minutes later, the lights come back on.

During the blackout, a sound of a kiss is heard. After the lights come back on, everybody is staring at everyone else. They want to know who's kissed who. The pretty girl's boyfriend and the middle-aged woman's husband are staring the protagonist and his friend down because they think they did something. However, in the end, the middle-aged man confesses that he kissed his palm!

How's that a story?!

At this rate...I'm doomed. Doomed. (I'm sounding like Brick from 'The Middle', am I not?)

11:37 pm.

Thinking of an idea.

11:45 pm.

Still thinking.....

11:58 pm.

Thinking...

12:02 am.

Still thinking....

12:07 am.

Eureka! I've got it!

I've got the idea for my story. I just need to quickly write it down now and go to bed. Ciao!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

530 102 97
-I have decided to rework the chapters to improve my book- 5 teenagers banded together by life, what happens when a sudden twist ruins them all? Joi...
584 51 37
This is a diary about a girl. She is not the average everyday girl. She may be Mormon, but sometimes she does things that she shouldn't be doing. Nob...
9 0 5
If anyone happens to find this diary please put it in the closest mailbox and say the phrase Ghalu-be-phag-gee-ree two times. Thank you for your coop...
2.4K 67 47
as the title suggests, this is legit going to be my diary. and yes, most diaries are supposed to be secret, but I have always been an open book. I l...