Call Of The Wild. Book ii.

By Maroon1479

Mat is learning everyday what it means to be Alpha. Thinking all her troubles might get solved one step at a... More

part one - i.
part one - ii.
part one - iii.
part one - iv.
part one - v.
part one - vi.
part one - vii.
part one - viii.
part one - ix.
part one - x.
part one - xi.
part one - xii.
part one - xiii.
part one - xiv.
part one - xv.
part one - xvi.
part one - xvii.
part one - xviii.
part one - xix.
part one - xx.
part one - xxi.
part two - xxii.
part two - xxiii.
part two - xxiv.
part two - xxv.
part two - xxvi.
part two - xxvii.
part two - xxviii.
part two - xxix.
part two - xxx.
part two - xxxi.
part two - xxxii.
part two - xxxiii.
part two - xxxiv
part two - xxxv.
part two - xxxvi.
part two - xxxvii.
part two - xxxviii.
part two - xl.
part two - xli.
part two - xlii.
part two - xliii.
part two - xliv.
part two - lv.
part two - xlvi
part two - xlvii
part two - xlviii.
Epilogue.

part two - xxxix.

588 61 1
By Maroon1479

Mat

I don't know when I had fallen asleep. I knew it was during Henrik carrying me over his shoulder running as if I was a bag over it instead. I was feeling light headache and I passef out. I heard crackling noises that woke me like fire. My eyes slowly peeled open, enough to look through my lashes to see a fire was a few feet away from me. I couldn't feel both my legs and I felt really cold. I haven't felt cold after my eighteen birthday but I felt freezing cold now like ice was all over my body.

I saw the wild pack around and they turned their heads towards me. I brought my cold hand up to my eyes, rubbing my eye as I opened them groaning. I realized now I was panting heavily, my chest moving quickly but I hadn't noticed since most of my body was cold. Numb-like.

"Look who woke up." I heard Henrik say as he walked over and near the fire. He was carrying something I couldn't recognize at first until I looked at the body near the fire. It was a man in some camping gear and I noticed he was breathing still but unconscious. The wolves growled, chuckling as they eyed their meal. Henrik walked over towards me and bent down. He reached his hand out towards me and I jerked, growling at him. He ignored me and pet my head, "Relax, you'll use all your energy."

I growled again, "You want that, though."

He chuckled, "No, actually I found a good idea to what to use you for. It's gonna take a couple of months but once I get what I want, then I will you out of your misery."

"Oh really?" I hissed. "And what's that?"

"You have some strong Alpha blood in you, from the old world across the sea." He grabbed my chin and lifted my head, "You got the most beautiful wolf eyes in the world. If I get a male pup, imagine how strong my pack will become."

I stared at him for a moment to see if he was serious and he looked dead-set serious about it. I couldn't help but find it sorta of...amusing. I couldn't help myself from laughing even through the pain. "You think I would allow that? Anyways I have a mate, a true soul-mate. I have native blood on my father side, my womb only made to give one wolf a pup. It won't work."

I so badly wanted to slap the grin off his face, "I don't believe in that junk, that the people who lived here before we were more special than us. Than any wolf on this planet."

"It's true." I said. "If none of it wasn't, then him and I wouldn't be together. I would rather die than give you a pup. Even, she's your mate." I said coldly as I looked down at the young woman near the human sniffing the air until I mentioned her. She looked up at me with her wide hungry eyes but she didn't seem to care her mate cared was trying to knock me up.

"Nasha knows what this could do for the pack, she doesn't mind." he said. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him so I growled pulling my chin away, "Lets get you fed, can't have an unhealthy body for a male."

I growled at him as he stood up and walked over to the man. He shifted into a large wolf and the others around also did the same. Henrik growled as he stepped towards the human before sinking his teeth into the man arm. I cried out quickly the same time the man woke up and screamed in pain. The others shifted and all took turns sinking their sharp wolf teeth into the man biting and ripping at his body.

I closed my eyes, bring my head down to the ground as I covered my face. I tried to block at the sounds of the man being killed but it didn't really take long until the man stopped screaming. I lifted my head up when I caught the sniff of blood and my mouth water at hunger since it's been awhile since I eat. I knew it was really wrong of me to think but I was so hungry!

I shook my head, reminding myself that this was wrong. Realizing everyone around me was gone and the light of the fire was gone. I looked down at the stick in my numb leg and I looked back at the wild wolf feasting on the limbs of the man. I looked around, finding another thick stick so I grabbed it and put it against my teeth.

Trying to calm my breathing, I reached down and wrapped my hand around the stick. I counted to three in my head though I kept repeating two over and over again a few times until I tried to pull the stick out quickly. It was harder than I thought and my eyes tears stung in tears as I moaned in pain. My hands shook slightly as I continued to pull the stick. I bit down on the thick stick, it quickly breaking and I hoped my teeth doesn't break through it smacking together. I don't need to lose a teeth right now.

I beg a hundred time the stick will finally be pulled out all the way but it felt like it was taking a million years. Suddenly a black paw appeared ontop of mine and Henrik pushed the stick back down. I broke through the stick, screaming out in pain. "No! No! No!" I cried out, grabbing my thigh.

Henrik growled at me and I whimpered as his head came near mine. He bared his large teeth at me and I wanted to put up a brave face just so I wouldn't show weakness but the burning stinging pain wasn't helping so I closed my eyes as I turned my head aside.

Henrik stopped growling the next noise to come was howling. It was actually a few howls that made my blood quicken. It wasn't from the wolves here, they were coming from a distance. My eyes quickly opened and I had this strong urge to howl back so I took a deep breath and use all the energy I could to howl. I howled loud and hard as I could until Henrik growled at me.

I felt the air change and we both looked up at the starry sky. The air blew quicker now and the wild pack wolves stopped feasting as they noticed the weird feeling like something was coming close. Feeling a presence on my right, I turned my head when I heard heavy footsteps.

Henrik growled and in the corner of my eyes I saw his mouth open as he looked at me. I quickly reached up to grab his muzzle as he tried to bite me. My arms shook roughly and I cried out as I tried to hold him back. His muzzle lowered down towards me, his hot breath only two inches from my neck.

Then he was pushed off me. Wolves ran past me as they attacked the wild pack.I turned my head, watching as they all fought for a moment before letting my head fall down with a sigh. A wolf came over towards me but I didn't even need to see who it was. Killian whimpered as his nose nuzzled into the space between my neck and shoulders.

"Took you guys long enough." I sarcastically said.

*

It felt like it took the doctor forever to get the stick out of my thigh but we were doing it on my porch. He wrapped my thigh up in a gauze even though it well heal soon. It's just gonna take longer since the stick been in awhile and infected a little. "You're gonna be fine, just need allot of rest." he said, gently laying my leg down on the pillow.

Killian held my hand in his, "I knew it was dangerous doing those interviews alone were dangerous."

I sighed heavily, "Killian, I know you said it a million times. But Henrik-it's like he was on steroids. It took four wolves to get him down."

Clyde walked over growling with his eyes burning yellow, "He died too quickly! He deserved a slow painful death for what he caused!"

I closed my eyes for a second, "I'm not gonna let one bad wolf ruin this for me."

"I know Mat but," Killian said as he turned to face me. "Let Will or I help you do these interviews. I don't want what happened to happen again. God, I was so afraid for you."

"I'm Alpha, I can do this myself." I said.

He groaned in frustration, "Stop being so stubborn. You're an Alpha but your also my wife and I won't risk losing you again. I don't care if you can take care of yourself, I'll never stop worrying for you. I love you, we all care about you. Now stop acting like you can handle everything by yourself. Just because you like to be the boss of everything doesn't mean you're untouchable. I'm your husband and I want you to be better protected."

I stared at him with my eyes slightly widen because Killian never rose his voice like to me before. He never...put me in my place like that. I placed my hand on the arm of the chair and started to stand up. Killian grabbed my arm, helping me up but for some reason it annoyed me so I roughly pulled away. "I'm fine, I'm fine."

"Mat?" Killian questioned.

I scoffed as I walked over towards the house as my wolves watched me limp, "I'm still gonna do everything I wanna do to help them. Thank you for only killing Henrik, the rest was only following their Alpha. I need Aydin found and brought back here. Go!" I coldly yelled.

Will sighed before turning to my wolves and started to make plans as I walked inside the kitchen. I had a huge headache as I walked into the living room where Aeriela was fast asleep on the couch. I turned and went up the stairs with a huge headache. It wasn't because I was hungry, I knew that. I was pissed for having my pack rescue me as if I was some damsel in distress.I was weak, I had shown weakness and that's something I never wanted! Before I was able to always get out of the trouble by myself. I lid my pack from Ramses capture! I protected them from Cortez. I fought Lincoln and won my own territory!

I walked into my bedroom and went over to my bed. I sat down on the bed and gently brought my leg up on the bed. I laid back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.I breathed out heavily as I just tried to focus on all of this.

*

I felt Killian touch my arm and I woke up. I lift my head over to look at him and his arm went around my further to pull me into him. I turned and wrapped my arm around him as he kissed my forehead. I sighed heavily, feeling like my headache was gone mostly. "I'm sorry for snapping earlier. It's just feel weird being the one needing saving. I'm to. . ."

"Prideful?" he asked and I nodded. How is it so possible Killian can make me feel better? I can be mad at him but I can never stay mad at him. he ran his fingers down my hair, his warmth making me feel warmer. The cold chills were gone but being near him made me even warmer. That comfort warmth like being snuggled in a blanket during winter.

I pressed my forehead against his chest, "I am thankful for you guys saving me, just hard to admit I needed saving this time." I said. "I'll reward them in the morning."

"I'm sure it is but you need to learn not to be so defensive." he said.

I giggled a little, "I don't think that's possible for me. Defensive if one of my main characteristic." I poked at his chest, "Perfection is your number one."

He chuckled, "I'm not perfect, I'm just the other half you need. The calm smart side you need. You got a warm heart in that tough shell. You're my strong tough half I need."

"You are strong, Killian. Very stronger, you surprise people with you handsome bookworm looks that under all that you can fight." I said as we both laugh. I placed the palm of my hand against his chest to feel his steady heartbeat.

He pulled away a little and kissed my forehead. He kissed down my face to my lips. My hand on his chest came up around his neck as I kissed harder against his lips. I grabbed his jacket and pulled him on top of me.

Aeriela.

When I woke up, I quickly sat up because I hadn't meant to fallen asleep. I heard people from the kitchen and I quickly stood up but my foot hit something making me fell down. My legs fell on a body as I fell to the ground and there was a male groan.

I turned my head to see Ulric was on the floor was a pillow. He moved my legs from his stomach and rubbed them. I quickly crawled back a few inches glaring at him, "What were you doing right there idiot?"

He propped himself up glaring at me, "I move in my sleep allot, excuse me."

I scoffed, "Why are you here-Mat!" I breathed out as I quickly got up and ran into the kitchen. I saw Mat with Sofia, Clyde, Devin, Zoe, and Killian all sitting around a table laughing with each other as if she hadn't gonna missing!

They got quiet when I came in and Mat turned to look at me smiling, "Finally you wake up sleeping beauty, you can sleep for days now."

I stepped inside scoffing before I ran over and hugged her tightly, "Mat, you had me worry sick! How can you joke right now? Are you alright? I thought they would have killed you, they usually do that to traitors. I wanted so badly to come look for you but my stupid body hasn't changed yet. I felt so powerless and-"

"Whoa, relax Ellie." she said, grabbing my shoulders and pulled me away. "I'm fine, I'm a tough trooper you know me. But hey, don't say your body stupid. It's gonna happen and I know very well you would be running beside them to look for me." I heard Ulric come into the kitchen and Mat looked behind me for just a second before looking at me. She smiled at me, rubbing my shoulders, "Breakfast?"

I nodding before sitting down next to her. I grabbed a plate as Ulric sat down beside Killian. I grabbed some pancakes and bacon as everyone went back to conversation.

"Mat and I agreed continuing the project as long as she promises to keep her promise of going to Georgia in less than three weeks." Killian said, grinning at Mat as he took her hand. "Remember your promise?"

Mat grinned, "Like I said, nothing gonna get in the way. After what happened, I'm defiantly in need of a vacation."

I arched my eyebrow, "Georgia? Alpha Steven Ray invited you to go there as a vacation?"

"Not the state," Sofia said, grinning. "The country."

My eyes widen as I turned to Mat and she shrugged, "Alpha Tamaz invited us, not his brother. It's a free vacation, how were we really gonna deny that?"

"I'm just learning about this now?" I questioned.

She once against shrugged, "Tamaz and Zakaria say they do spend different lives. Probably hasn't even mentioned it to him."

"I think Aeriela should tag along." Sofia said quickly. "Clyde and I will pay for her ticket. I'm sure Zakaria will be happy to see her, as they are good friends so you both don't gotta worry about her feeling like third wheel."

"Mom." Mat said and I groaned, "Sofia."

Her smile lowered, "What? It'll be good for Aeriela to experience worldwide travelling."

"I traveled enough in my life and been in two worlds already." I said. I lowered my head to look at my plate but I felt a familiar gaze on me so I closed my eyes. I don't know why I was rejecting this since Zakaria-we weren't dating but it sorta of felt like it. I liked him allot, he was a sweet nice boy. Ulric was a sarcastic bad boy I fell for. Zakaria couldn't be more different than that. Sure Ulric change a bite but he'll always be Ulric. And Zakaria, he was a complete gentlemen to me when he was here. I know he likes me but would he want me to go there. I opened my eyes, "I'll think about it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 27.9K 8
The vampire coven that owns the Thurman werewolf pack lands has returned. When they demand a human sacrifice, the Alpha's son, Jake, has little qual...
6.1M 390 7
This is the sample. First five chapters only. To read more, please support me by purchasing my eBook. Angela is sarcastic, a bit of a drama queen b...
56.1K 2.9K 90
Seraphina Allen has been struggling through life, trying to make ends meet. But the more she lives, the more she wants to die. Everything seems to pu...
222K 6.8K 24
"I am Ava Moon, daughter of the Moon Goddess and the Goddess of nature. Who are you? I questioned. "I am Xavier Sanders, son of an Alpha. Im your ma...