Let Me Be Your Hero (Yato x O...

By shirocchiouji

I got hurt by others And hurt them back. Others hated me But I didn't care. At least it looked like I didn't... More

Let Me Be Your Hero {Prologue}
Chapter 1 - Liar
Chapter 2 - Illusions
Chapter 3 - Help...?
Chapter 4 - A lonely god
Chapter 5 - My beloved mother
Chapter 6 - Count on me
Chapter 7 - The voice of someone else
Chapter 8 - Friendship
Chapter 9 - Tell me...
Chapter 10 - Servants of gods
Chapter 11 - I'm okay...
Chapter 12 - Reason, why
Chapter 13 - Thank you
Chapter 14 - Only a customer
Chapter 15 - Happy Endings, not necessary
Chapter 16 - Meeting with Bishamon
Chapter 17 - Death...?
Chapter 18 - Don't say things like that!
Chapter 19 - Coming closer to being a Hero
Chapter 20 - It will always be the same...
Chapter 21 - Please stop, worrying...
Chapter 22 - A Dream...?
Chapter 23 - It hurts to know
Chapter 24 - Don't leave me
Chapter 25 - I did it for a precious person...
Chapter 26 - "I am sorry..."?
Chapter 27 - Lost in Hopes and Thoughts
Chapter 28 - Keep holding on...!
Chapter 29 - Maybe it's better to lie...
Chapter 30 - Almost made it!
Chapter 31 - Idiot...
Chapter 32 - It must've been painful.
Chapter 33 - Her Happiness is my also my Happiness...
Chapter 34 - Time to say goodbye
Chapter 35 - My hero
Chapter 36 - I do care!
Chapter 37 - I miss her
Chapter 38 - The contract has been sealed.
Chapter 39 - Let's be strangers, again
Chapter 40 - Nostalgia
Chapter 41 - I don't want to leave you!
Chapter 42 - Please don't remember
Chapter 43 - I already am broken...
Chapter 44 - Can I ever be forgiven?
Chapter 45 - I want to tell him
Chapter 46 - A fragile voice
Chapter 47 - I cannot live like this
Chapter 48 - I knew all along...
Chapter 49 - It's all my fault!!
Let Me Be Your Hero {Epilogue}
Chapter 0 - Reunion
THANK YOU

Chapter 50 - I want you to be happy!

4.1K 191 57
By shirocchiouji

I swear, you're the only reason I keep breathing... Because you keep on giving me the reason to keep believing.

----------------------------------------------

"What are you planning to do?"

What, indeed...
He was here. Death was here. "You know what I want." Yato's eyes widened. "Akira, you mustn't--" He suddendly started coughing. It was painful just watching him in such a state.

"I want him to live." I could hear loud laughter.

"So you call out for me and tell me that you want him to live. Sure, why not just what would you sacrifice for his life? Think about it. He is a god. He can be reborn, anytime. It doesn't matter wether he dies now or tomorrow."

"It does... It does matter!!" I clenched my fists. "I don't want him to wake up and suddendly realize that he doesn't know anything about his past-life... I don't want him to be another person from how he is, now... I want him to be the same! I want him to stay as he is right now!! Because I think that I would not be able to bear it, if he forgot everything... If he forgot who he really was and who he was to me...!"

If he were to lose his memories... There would always be that little hope in me...

For a while it was quiet.

That little hope... That you suddendly remember one day and realize who you were to be.

"You're like your mother... Just as foolish and lightheaded as she was. Just as troublesome."

But if your memories wouldn't return... I would have to try to bring them back to you.

I smiled. "Yeah. I am troublesome."

Bringing all these memories back to you... Would just be like a barren place. Reaching out for that goal would be a journey.

"Then... In order to keep him alive... You will just have to sacrifice one thing."

I was shaking. What was it? My soul? My life? Anything would be fine... Anything as long as I can keep Yato alive... As long as he can stay the same person, he is right now...

A journey for which I don't have a map for.

"Your immortality. Your ability as a Yokai."

I didn't know how to react. If I should be sad. If I should cry. If I should be happy that I expected worse. If I should get angry about the fact that I wouldn't be able to stay by Yato's side as a Yokai to protect him...

I gazed at Yato. He was breathing heavily. "Akira... Don't..."

But in the end... If I became a mere human it would mean that I would be able to live without Yato being in danger whenever I am... It would mean that I can go back to those days in which Yukine, Hiyori, Yato and I were together. Everything... Would be fine again, but...

"Humans are reborn, too, you have to know."

My eyes widened as soon as I heard that sentence.

"It may take decades or centuries... Even millenniums... But they will be reborn. Someday."

I bit on my lip for a while. "Why are you telling me this?" Death just laughed.

"Why? I don't know. Maybe because I am a little bit envious of you... You are alive. You have a life. Unlike me, who only takes everything and everyone away and only leaves fading memories and untold desires..."

I didn't know how to answer that. Maybe it was just my imagination, but... He sounded sad...

I stood up. "Fine. You can take my immortality."

It took a while until I had an answer.

"Are you really sure about that? Once it's done, it cannot be undone."

I nodded softly. "I know... And I am fine about that. As long... As he will be able to live. To live as the person he is, right now. I am fine. Even if I die and will take an enternity to see him again... I will remember him for sure! I will meet him again for sure! He will wait for me! I am sure he will!!" I noticed how a small tear escaped my eye.

"After all... He is my hero! That's why... That's why I don't mind! I am sure he will wait for me! I am... Sure..." I put on a faint smile.

"Fine... As you say."

I suddendly felt a hand laying itself on my eyes.

"Let's meet again soon, Akira."

I laughed softly at that comment. "I hope not." His laughter was the last thing I heard. Then everything went black.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"Akira... Akira!" My eyes flutter open. I see a familiar face in front of mine. I sat up. My head hurt. "Yato...?" Suddendly he grabbed both of my hands. With a piercing pain in my head I remembered.

"You idiot!! Why did you do that?! I am a god! I will be reborn anyways!! Why... Why did you do that?!" He buried his face in my hands. "I am a god...! I am the greatest god of them all...! So why... Why..."

I pulled my hands away and wrapped my arms around him, instead. Tears started rolling down my cheek. "You are alive... Thank god!", I hiccuped. I was shaking, as his arm slowly wrapped around my waist. I was just so happy...

I was a person... Who always used to cry and give up.

For a while it was quiet. "Akira, there... Is something I want to say to you." He didn't let go of me.

I always took distance from others because I was afraid of getting hurt...

"For so long... I have acted like an idiot... I hurt you... I wanted you to be happy but I... I hurt you..." I felt how his grip around me tightened.

I made a lot of things wrong.

"I did a lot of things that hurt you... And I know... I am an ass for only admitting that now... But..." He let go of me. He put his hands on my cheeks and our eyes met. My vision still was blurry from the tears. He gently tried to rub them away with his thumb.

But then I met you...!

Only then did I realize thay faint blush on his face. His eyes were looking at me, as if he worried about something. "I... I no longer want to hurt you...! I never wanted that from the beginning!"

You tried helped me... No matter how troublesome I was. No matter how much of a burden I might have been.

He opened his mouth. "I... I want you to be happy!"

I always wanted you to stay by my side... Of course that wish was foolish, but...

"I want you to be happy and I want to make you happy! I don't want to see you cry anymore if it's not out of joy... I don't want you to put on a fake smile whenever you feel sad..."

...I just wanted to be with you.

"I want to see a real smile!! I don't want you to be lonely anymore... I... I want you to be by my side! And if you still do feel lonely... There still are Hiyori and Yukine...! But however... I..."

You managed to change me.

"I... I want to ask you to continue staying by my side even as a human!"

That's why... I am not afraid to die, if it is for you.

"I don't know if you still feel the same as back then but... If you do then... Um..." He awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

Because I love you.

I started to laugh. "H-Hey! Why are you laughing?!" I felt a bit flustered. Yet I was happy. It really was as if nothing happened at all.

I love you...

"That almost sounds like a marriage proposal." Yato blushed. "Damn... I am trying my best to find good words to say and then you come along and say a thing like that..." I smiled. "Thank you Yato..." His eyes widened a bit. "For what?"

"For feeling the same way about me as I do about you..." I felt a bit blood rushing to my cheeks. "I still love you, Yato..."

He smiled. His face was still a bit red. His smile looked warm and caring. I wanted to keep that image in my head. "Yeah... I love you, too... Akira..."

Finally words which have been buried in the deepest corner of my hearts, for a while, have been told. Things, that never should have happened, were forgiven. And my past, which almost only brought me misfortune was forgotten. I was able to look ahead, into the future. I was able to stay by the person I love. I was able to continue my life, not being slone anymore.

After this realization came to me, a lot of things happened. I continued to stay by Yato's side, as he wished. Yukine returned to Yato. Both looked as if they were almost crying when that happened.
A grave for my father was set and I continued to visit it as often as possible.
Nora never returned. Nobody knew what happened to her. And maybe it was better like that.
My life as a human continued. I finally was happy. I was able to stay with the friends I made. I was able to keep on continuing life with no regrets.

It doesn't matter how long it would take until I was reborn, after I would die. They will wait for me! It can even take milleniums... I'm sure they will wait for me...

I know they will...

I know he will...

[Author's Note]

Heyaaaa!! Another chapter has been written in one of my sleepless nights as a desperate highschool girl ;u;

How did you like this chapter? Please give me feedback!! I wanna know wether I can do something better, the next time I try to write a fanfiction similar to this one, or not v.v

Btw, the next chapter will already be the epilogue c: After that I may write another extra chapter but after that chapter, this fanfiction will be completed and I will start writing two other, new ones X3

However, see yah in the next chapter, dear readers (っ'▽')っ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.1K 39
" It's ok Y/n you're safe..." " Leave me the fuck alone! You crazy son of a bitch!" " Ouch that hurt... but don't worry I know how to fix that..." I...
12.6K 253 10
For our all comfort I want to inform you that all characters are at the age of "legal consent" depending on which country you are in. Also, OC or t...
503 10 11
-------------- A tale of two adventurers, seeking the answer to life. maybe even their feelings too. They have met many friends, and some foes, thoug...
148K 5.9K 33
You get into and accident while watching the anime Noragami on your iPhone and when you awake your in the sweaty hands of Yato God. Confused you have...