Pieces of Forever

By KaeACarter

When all is left are the beautiful shattered parts of memories that Jason and Melissa created, they must both... More

Author's Note
1 - JASON
2 - MELISSA
3 - JASON
4 - MELISSA
5 - JASON
6 - MELISSA
7 - JASON
8 - MELISSA
9 - JASON
10 - MELISSA
11 - JASON
12 - MELISSA
13 - JASON
14 - MELISSA
15 - KERRI
16 - JASON
17 - MELISSA
18 - JASON
19 - MELISSA
21 - JASON ๐Ÿงก
22 - KERRI
23 - MELISSA
24 - JASON
25 - KERRI
26 - MELISSA
27 - CAMERON
28 - JASON
29 - MELISSA
30 - JASON
31 - MELISSA
32 - JASON
33 - MELISSA
34 - JASON
35 - MELISSA
36 - KERRI
37 - MELISSA
38 - MELISSA
39 - MELISSA
40 - MELISSA
41 - JASON
42 - MELISSA
43 - CAMERON ๐Ÿ’™
44 - MELISSA
45 - JASON
46 - MELISSA
47 - JASON ๐Ÿค
48 - MELISSA ๐Ÿ’š
49 - CAMERON
50 - JASON
51 - MELISSA
52 - JASON
53 - MELISSA
54 - JASON
55 - MELISSA
56 - JASON
57 - MELISSA
58 - JASON
59 - MELISSA
60 - JASON
61 - MELISSA
62 - JASON
63 - MELISSA
64 - JASON
65 - MELISSA
66 - JASON
67 - MELISSA
68 - JASON
69 - MELISSA
70 - JASON
71 - MELISSA
72 - JASON
73 - MELISSA
Author's Note

20 - KERRI

599 24 13
By KaeACarter

Kerri

Jason had decided to take me out for lunch, after taking his little whatever the hell she is to work. I decided to use this time to grill the hell out of him. I love the boy, but at times I'm not sure all his brain cells are working. I just think that he's trying to move on so damn fast from her. And just talking to Mel, I know that she's still in love with him just as well.

I look over my menu at Jason and he is looking at his phone. This is the third time that I caught him browsing through his phone. He doesn't know that I know, but I know that he's looking at pictures of him and Mel. He's so fucking stupid. Men and their damn pride. I can't understand why they can't get their shit together. Hell, they both fucked up.

"You're a fucking idiot." I say, taking a sip of my water.

Jason doesn't say anything as he sets his phone on the table. "Says the girl who fucked up and trying to run all the way here from her problems."

I raise an eyebrow to this. He is such an ass for mentioning Terrance. "Whatever."

He grins a little. "You stay out of mine, and I'll stay out of yours."

I roll my eyes. "Tell me about Anna."

"Her name is Ashlee."

He sounds so fucking serious. "You got feelings?"

Jason shrugs a little. Of course he doesn't have feelings. He's looking for a girl to replace Melissa. There's only one Melissa.

"You got feelings?" Jason throws my question back at me. He looks at me with his eyes slightly squinted.

I swear that I hate him. "Yeah, but whatever. I spoke to her." I look at him to see a reaction.

He doesn't say anything. Instead, he goes through his phone again. The waitress brings our food to the table and Jason thanks her quietly. She walks away, but not before winking at Jason.

"Have you fucked Ashlee?" I ask him, wanting to know how far they went.

He shakes his head. "Nope. I can thank you for that though."

I smile. "You're welcome." I turn serious again. "You know that you're going to end up hurting that girl at the end of the day. We both know that you and Mel are going to get back together."

"She's with Cameron, but I don't want her anymore anyway."

"So, if that's the case, why haven't you filed for a divorce?" I quiz him.

Jason cuts his eyes at me. I can tell that I hit a sensitive spot, but I really don't care.

"You two are so stubborn."

"So are you and Terrance. Why did you tell him that you were riding with Antonio? Even after everything going on between you two, you still found the need to fuck with his head more?"

I shrug a little. "No. I didn't mean for the conversation to go that way. I went to his house to apologize and everything went bad. He told me that it's over for real this time."

"I'll talk to him."

I knew that he would say this, but I really don't think it matters. I think it's time that I move on from Terrance. Terrance will never be able to be in a long distance relationship with me. He loves ass too much.

"It's cool. I think you owe me a favor, because I did a favor by talking to him." Jason ignores me as he eats his food. "I want you stop all this bullshit and give Mel your number."

He shakes his head. "No, she said she was changing her number and that she thinks the baby is Cameron's."

"Well, we know that you can be that baby's father. You need to stick around long enough to take a DNA test. I mean, if the baby isn't yours, fine. Move on. But if this is your child, you need to make shit work with your wife. Promise me."

He just looks at me for a moment, before saying something. "If the baby is mine, I'll make my marriage work. If it's not . . . Leave me the fuck alone."

I grin a little. I really don't know if this is his baby, or not . . . But at least I have him thinking about being with her.

*****

I walk to the door the moment that I hear a soft knock on the door. Jason comes from down the hall, damn near breaking his neck to get to the door. He pushes me to the side with his shoulder, giving me a tight smile. I step aside and let him open the door to reveal who has this boy acting a damn mess.

When he opens the door, my mouth drops opened slightly at the yellow girl standing on the other side of the door. Her eyes buck open, when her gaze falls on me. I cross my arms and give Jason a sideways glance. He has some explaining to do.

"Ker, this is Kayla. Kay, this is my homie, Ker.

Instead of showing that she has home training, she rolls her eyes at me.

"So, you fucking me and this bitch? And Ashlee?"

It takes a moment for her words to register in my mind. Jason closes the door in her face, before I can actually respond to her calling me a bitch. She doesn't know me, but feels the need to attack me? She wants none of me. Jason leans against the door on his back with his hands up, trying to prevent me from pushing him aside. One thing I don't tolerate is some random girl, calling me out of my name.

"Move." I say. I stare at him and put my hands on my hips. "Now." I demand.

The girl begins knocking on the door, but Jason doesn't budge.

"Look, Ker, she doesn't know better."

"Let me teach her better. Are you fucking her? And you're trying to get into Ann's pants?

"Her name is Ashlee. And . . . " He looks around the living room. I guess for his response.

"Jason!" Kayla screams through the door.

I raise an eyebrow at him, still waiting for his answer, although it's very clear that he's banging the highlighter on the other side of the door.

"You . . . Stay." Jason says to me, before opening the door a crack. He sticks his head out the door. "Kay, I'll come up to your place in a minute."

"Who is she?"

No, she didn't. "Don't worry about me, hon! I'm the bitch that is staying with him! I'm ---" I try to get pass Jason, but he's too tall and he blocks me. I really want to handle this girl.

"You don't know me! I've been fucking your man good --- " Kayla screams from the other side of the door.

"I hope you taste my pussy, when you suck his dick ---" I interrupt her, still trying to get pass Jason.

"Cut that shit out! Kayla, go upstairs. I'll be up in a minute." He doesn't wait for a response as he closes the door on her face. He leans against the door, with his eyebrows bunch together. "I hope you taste my pussy, when you suck his dick? Really?"

"Really." I walk off from him, going into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. "Thot." I call out to him over my shoulder. "You're going to get someone fucked up around me."

Jason follows behind me. "Why are you so upset?"

I turn around from the refrigerator to give him an icy glare. He didn't just ask me that. Did he forget with all the drama that I'm his wife's best friend? Yeah, he's my boo, but she's my baby. If I was a lesbian, Mel would be my wifey.

"Since when did you felt the need to be with more than one girl at a time? I thought you were better than that. You remind me of Terrance."

I open my bottle of water, eyeing him and waiting for him to explain his actions. Jason sits on one of his bar stools.

"It's not a big deal. You're blowing things out of proportion."

I lean against the refrigerator, taking a small swig of water. I really just want to throw the whole thing at him. I knew things were bad at his end, but I didn't think they were this bad. I thought that he was only messing with Ashlee. Looking at him now, I really do feel bad for the girl. She doesn't know that Jason is playing her ass. He's becoming a mini Terrance.

"You're disrespectful." I finally say to him. I really don't know what else to say to him.

"I'll talk to her about the things that she said to you. She won't do that shit again."

"I'm not worried about your yellow crayon. I'm talking about you and Ashlee. You in general. You're disrespectful."

He bites his bottom lip and looks down at the floor. "I want to be with Ashlee. I do. I just don't know how to give anyone my heart." He looks back into my eyes. "I'm not the same Jason."

You can say that again.

He stands up and takes a deep breath. "We'll talk later. I'm going to go chill with Kayla for a little time, before picking Ashlee up at work."

I nod my head, unable to construct an actual sentence.

Jason gets halfway out the kitchen, before turning around to look at me. "Hey, can we keep this between us? I mean, it's just that Kayla and Ashlee aren't the best of friends. I just don't want any drama."

All I can do is nod my head. This fool just said that the two girls that he is talking to are not the closest. He is playing with fire.

Jason and I make eye contact for a second, before he finally walks out the kitchen. In that second, I saw the pain that he feels from his marriage not working. He's hurting and now he's about to break some hearts of his own.

Him and Mel handle hurt differently. Jason has turned into someone that I don't like. He's turned into a playboy, dicking down females for the hell of it. Mel is trying to settle down with Cameron for the well being of her child.

I haven't once gave up on the two of them, but now I feel like it's too late. How can I get them back together? If I were to get them back together, Jason probably wouldn't be the Jason that she knows. I couldn't live with myself if I purposely put her through that hurt. He's changed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 16.4K 26
~~ Book 3 of The Marrying You Series. This can be read as a stand alone but I recommened you read the other two books too. ~~ Vanessa Brady is thirty...
70.2K 4.7K 42
Joanna Brooks had her life all planned. She'd have graduated in time, got a great job, had a successful career. In the middle there would have been a...
56.1K 3.5K 48
Some say love is the most beautiful thing that can happen to you. Some say love is everything you need in your life. Some say true love lasts forever...
740 196 41
.๏ฝก*โ™กโœง*ใ€‚ [COMPLETED; EDITING] Junior year at Everdear Lynx High takes a turn when Elaine Dearly decides to take her best friend, Eleanor's love life i...