Artemis and Apollo: Twins for...

By Kaileywithaq

I don't have a summary quite yet because I haven't written enough to give you one but I can tell you that it'... More

The Note That Changed My Life
We Need To Talk
Texting Sun Boy
Nervous, Scared, and Driving
Nerves, Hospitals, and Fancy Used Cars
Time To Step Up
Alicia Jones: Social Worker Extrodinare
Sun Boy Explodes
Realizations, Broken Hearts, and Foster Homes
Talking in Your Sleep
Long Days And Love
Drunk Prophecys
Meeting the Family
Love Love Love and Some Not So Love
Secrets and Family
Too Many Crappy Days Makes For a Crappy Life

Clueless Brother, Clueless Friend

183 11 1
By Kaileywithaq

Apollo's Point of View

I watched as Artemis took Briley and Ethan into the guest room. I saw the girl I recognized as Artemis' best friend sitting on her couch. I walked over and introduced myself. "Hi. I'm Apollo."

"Zoe." She said. I smiled. This girl was beautiful, I wasn't sure how I hadn't noticed her before. Her dark skin was smooth and her chocolate brown eyes seemed to read my mind. Her curly black hair bounced around her face like popcorn in a machine. Her smile seemed to melt my heart and as I walked toward the couch my legs turned to jelly. I sat down next to her and smiled back. "So what are you doing here?" She asked me.

"I knocked my foster dad unconscious..." I said beginning to trail off. Her eyes widened in shock. "He got drunk and started to come after the 3 of us and I blocked his punch and hit him back."

"Apollo, have any of you tried to report it?" Zoe asked worriedly. I shrugged.

"Not really, we were afraid that if we did anything, the 3 of us would be split up and we didn't want that. Especially not for Ethan, he needed us to be strong and being separated from him wasn't an option." I explained. Zoe leaned in to hug me. I accepted the girl into my arms, enjoying the warm feeling that erupted in my stomach. I smiled.

"Hey, I-I'm uh gonna go to bed." A voice said interrupting whatever moment Zoe and I may have been having. I looked up at Artemis and saw how her eyes had gone from the shiny silver that they normally were to a dull grey color. She seemed hurt and I didn't understand why. I broke away from Zoe and nodded at my sister. She headed into another room and I looked at Zoe curiously.

"Is she okay?" I asked. I hadn't seen Artemis like this. I had seen her broken when we were at the hospital, I had seen her upset, but she never seemed genuinely hurt, almost like it pained her to witness Zoe and I hugging.

"Yeah, it's probably just about her parents. I'm going to go check on her." Zoe said before following Artemis to wherever she went. I laid down on the couch thinking it was the best place for me to sleep that night. And I fell asleep haunted by the dull grey color of Artemis' eyes.  

Continue Reading