The Diary of Violet (Publishi...

By SophonieF

Violet has always been the spotlight of South Crystal Beach, which is why she has to think twice about her ac... More

00 | violet
01 | rise
02 | dinner
03 | hateful
04 | numbers
05 | assumptions
06 | solved
07 | habits
08 | secrets
09 | invitation
10 | tragedy or treat
11 | fucked in love
12 | study buddy
13 | weird wendy
14 | blues clues
15 | trippynation
16 | superhero
17 | undisguised
18 | finding wendy
19 | their last chapter
20 | confrontation
21 | signs
22 | unsafe
23 | winter
24 | unite
25 | situations
26 | flashbacks
27 | clueless
29 | memories
30 | ten thousand fists
31 | parents
32 | getaway
33 | puzzle pieces
34 | jealousy's a bitch
35 | cold truth
36 | coming forward
37 | the kissing game
38 | grumpy humpy
39 | untrustworthy
40 | lovestruck
41 | interrogate
42 | truce
43 | goodbye
44 | war
45 | answers
46 | return
47 | rebound
48 | blithe
49 | change of heart
50 | jumped
51 | bruises
52 | birthday party
53 | like a drug
54 | caught
55 | consequences
56 | acceptance
57 | unforgiven
58 | guilt
59 | deep
60 | mission "D"
61 | murder
62 | warmth
63 | investigation
64 | cooldown
65 | the last day

28 | tore

254 145 0
By SophonieF

During my fifth period, Mason didn't bother me as much as he usually does. He would glance at me every now and then but didn't say a word to me. Thank god. At some point, I saw Wendy in the hallway but she dashed to the opposite direction when she spotted me. It was pretty entertaining to watch her squirm with fear just from the sight of me. I love having that effect on people.

After school, I pulled into Jeremy's driveway, deciding to go visit him. He never responded to my messages or called me back. He didn't even show up to school. His house was already unlocked so I invited myself inside, the living room empty and dull since all of the window's blinds were closed. I bet he's either sleeping in his room or went out for a run. I headed to the back of his retangular-formed house, where his room was located.

I opened the door with an excitable smile but it dropped when I saw a sight of something I never wanted to see. My cars keys dramatically dropped from my hand and on the floor with a clank. They both jumped from the random noise and looked at the doorway, their expressions alarmed. Jeremy and Sadey were sitting on the bed, looking like they have been entitled to each other the entire day. My blood boiled to an unimaginable temperature.

Jeremy stood up, holding his hands up in front of him. "Before you do anything crazy, just know that this is not what it looks like."

I crossed my arms on my chest, a mixture of a dry and hurt chuckle leaving my throat. "Not what it looks like? So this is why you've been avoiding me all day? Because you rather spend the day with this bitch?!" I yelled, pointing at Sadey.

Jeremy looked taken aback, blinking his eyes in a dumbfounded matter. "You texted me today?"

I scoffed, "wonderful. Now, you're acting like you didn't get my messages."

"I didn't know, I swear! I didn't even hear my phone!" He pleaded, his brown eyes sincere. I studied him for a couple of seconds before I came to conclusion that he was telling the truth. My eyes flickered over to Sadey, who was wearing a triumphiant smile on her face but returned to a blank face when I looked at her. I pursued my lips, my boots threateningly stomping on the ground as I made my way towards her.

"Give me his phone." I demanded.

"You think I have your boyfriend's phone?" She asked stupidly as if I grew a second head.

My face flamed up, my anger getting the best of me. This girl was trying to play dumb and nothing angered me more than a person who plays dumb. Plus, this isn't the first time she's done something like this.

"If you want to avoid getting knocked out again, I advise you give me the damn phone now." I ordered, my tone dripping with malice.

"Seriously, Sadey." Jeremy sighed, appearing behind my shoulder. "How did you even get my phone?"

"It doesn't matter." She stated, standing from her position on the bed and adjusted her floral shirt. Her short hair was tied in a messy bun and her eyeliner was done crookedly. I snorted at her poor attempt to look cute. "It seriously won't matter when she finds out what happened earlier."

Her last sentence threw me completely off guard, sending me five hundred feet back. "What?" I asked, dumbfounded before turning to Jeremy. "What the hell is she talking about?" Jeremy remained silent, his eyes expressing guilt. "Jeremy?"

"I'll leave you guys alone now." She walked through the empty space between Jeremy and I, neither of us not paying attention to her. The door shut, the room falling into deep silence. I rubbed my lips together, picking up Jeremy's phone that Sadey left on the previous spot she was on.

"So, what exactly is she referring to? What happened earlier?" I interrogated, a shitty feeling forming in the pit of my stomach. My gut's telling me that whatever it is, I'm not going to be happy about it.

"Violet, it's not--"

"Just say it!" I screamed, cutting him off. "I just wanna know right now, I don't have time to waste."

He hesitated, looking down at the ground with his eyebrows pressed together. After a couple of seconds, he let out a shaky sigh while squeezing his eyes tightly. I watched him, concerned about whatever was about to come out of his mouth.

"She went down on me."

The words repeated in my head a thousand times and no matter how much it echoed in my head, I just couldn't register it. He watched me with regretful eyes, his entire expression drained of color. I blinked back a good set of frustrating tears that was threatening to spill out. With an unbelievable laugh, I waved my hands.

"Wait wait wait," I repeated. "So you're telling me that you let her see you?"

He nodded slowly, his lips turning into a sad, crooked smile. Next thing you know, my fist flew across his face. He closed his eyes, taking in the impact of the punch I threw.

"I-I can't believe you!" I croaked, my voice starting to break. "How could you have let this happened?"

How can he do this to me? Out of every guy in the world, I never thought that he would do this to me. I guess I was just blinded by his false loyalty.

'V-Violet, I don't know, okay?! It-" he paused, gripping his short hair in frustration. "It just happened! I told her to leave as soon as she offered but next thing you know, she pulled my pants down and it happened so fast! Violet, I--" He lunged forward trying to grab my hand but I backed away. Only if he knew how hard it was to ignore this excruciating pain that was throbbing in my heart.

"I trusted you, Jeremy. I trusted you with my life!"

"And you still can!" He chimed, holding onto my shoulders and boring his brown eyes into mine. "Baby, you know I love you."

Sike as fuck.

"If you loved me, you would've never done this to me." My voice cracked as I fell into a small sob, tears rolling down my face uncontrollably.

"I could say the same to you." He randomly retorted, gaining my attention. Through my watery eyes, I shot him a questioning look to see what he was referring to. He removed his hands from my shoulders, taking a step back. "If you loved me, you would've never cheated on me with Erick."

What? Did he smoke some serious crack or something? My mouth dropped open in astonishment and just like that, my crying came to a stop and I turned furious. The fact that he flipped the switch on me was totally unexpected. He knows damn well that we weren't together at the time Erick came in the picture.

"When did this become about me? You're the one that cut me off without a word, I thought we were over!" I exclaimed, wiping my stained cheeks.

"If you loved me, you would've never done that to me." He mocked.

I laughed coldly, licking my bottom lip and putting my hands on my hips. I can feel the blood in my veins boiling so hard that it was about to burst out. "We. Were. Not. Together. At. The. Time!" I reminded slowly. "The only person you should be mad at is yourself!"

"Myself?" He repeated with emphasis, pointing a finger at himself. His huge muscles poked out of his sleeve as he did this.

"You know what? The reason why our trust for each other is so fucked up is because when we first dated, you cheated on me. You didn't know better, I understand that because it was your first relationship and we were so young. But the fact that you told me months later really made me lose my trust for you." I explained, finally kneeling down to pick up my car keys that I dropped on the floor earlier.

"And?"

"And..." I trailed off, getting back on my feet again. "From there, I couldn't fully trust you. So, you can't get pissed that I dated someone else while you decided to cut me off for three months. You promised that you wouldn't make that mistake again and now, tada!" I exclaimed sarcastically, waving my hands in front of me like I did a magic trick. "You cheated on me again."

"It was an accident!"

"And it was an accident giving you a second chance." I scoffed, turning on my heel to leave. I guess this is really the end. I turned my head at him one last time, accepting the fact that we'll never be the same after this. "You just don't accidently stick your penis inside someone's mouth. I'm so done with your bullshit, we are over!"

Jeremy's face completely dropped to the floor, his eyes slowly welling up with tears. I sucked in a deep shaky breath. Without another word, I opened the door and left him standing there alone without looking back.

This has got to be the worst day of my life. I didn't even know which was worse; him cheating on a diamond with a pebble or even giving him a second chance in the first place. Something doesn't add up though, it's unlike him to make the same mistake twice. But what's the point of trying to figure it out? It's over.

I sat in my car for a couple of minutes, silently crying to myself. I picked my head up from the steering wheel, grabbing a tissue out of my purse to wipe my tears away. I quickly sobered up, feeling like ten tons have just been lifted off my heart. The good thing about myself is that I get over things in a heartbeat. I could be crying all day long but tomorrow, it'll be like the break up never occurred.

I'm Violet Ferreira and crying is for the weak.

It's time to stop making myself feel worse and time to start making myself feel better. Without thinking twice, I drove from Jeremy's house to Ryder's house. I found his apartment number and urgently knocked on the door, hoping he was home. He opened the door a couple of seconds later, him only being in long pants and shirtless.

"Hey." He greeted, ruffling his hair with his hand. It seems like he just woke up from a nap by the way he was groggily yawning. "What are you do-- are you okay?" He questioned solicitously when he took notice of my puffy eyes. Immediately, he slung his arm around my shoulder and led me inside his apartment.

I looked around the apartment as I sat on the couch, my first time ever being inside. The walls were a light baige color, the furniture was mostly made out of cotton. Right on the side of the front door was a flat screen TV, along with a red couch a few feet across from it. The kitchen and living room were connected and past the living room was a small hallway that led to three rooms.

Ryder brought me a soft blanket and wrapped it around my shoulders, which was really sweet. Overall, I felt a thousand times better than how I felt twenty minutes ago. He also set a brand new bottle of Tequila on the coffee table in front of us with four shot glasses.

"You need Tequila in your life right now and don't deny it because we'll both know that you're lying." He quoted me with a half-teasing, half-sincere smile as he poured the drink. He took a seat next to me, passing me one of the shots. "Drink up."

I grabbed the shot and immediately threw it into my throat. The burning sensation rushed in my throat and I crinkled my face, wincing. I placed the shot glass on the table and looked at him. "Another one."

He chuckled, passing me the second shot. In two seconds, I drank the shot with one gulp.

"So, are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" He asked, folding his hands on his lap as if he was a therapist.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"I understand," he placed a supportive hand on my knee, electric waves sparking throughout my body. "Take your time. Tell me whenever you're ready."

"Thank you, Ryder."

"Why are you thanking me?"

"For always being there for me." I put my hand on top of his. He stared directly into my honey brown eyes, his eyes full of sincerity and passion. I threw him a small smile, lightly squeezing his hand. "You're a really good friend."

His expression dropped, small wrinkles forming on his forehead. He cleared his throat, removing his hand from my knee. "Yeah, a really good friend." He chuckled half-heartedly.

Is it just me or does he sound a little hurt? Maybe I'm just tripping. He took the last two shots before re-filling all four of the glasses.

"How did you handle it?" I asked him, the question finding it's way out before I even had the chance to hold it back. He turned to me, his eyebrows raised questioningly. "Your breakup with Wendy, how did you handle it?"

He pressed his lips together, putting down the bottle with a small clank. He grabbed two of the glasses, carefully passing me one so it wouldn't spill. "I wasn't able to handle it for the first few days. But then, I realized that life is too short to be stuck on one person. There's nothing left to do but move on. Why should I make myself feel worse about it when it was her fault we broke up in the first place? You get me?"

Believe me, I do.

A sting of sadness was beginning to kick back in and it felt like I wanted to cry all over again. I quickly took my third shot to brush the emotion away. He watched me, a look of realization crossing his face. He must have figured that it had something to do with Jeremy but he didn't question it.

Cutting me out of my trance, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my neck. My eyes widened from the sudden action and at first, I didn't react to his hug because I was so thrown off by it. Then, I wrapped my arms around his stomach. He pulled me closer to his body, blush forming on my cheeks. His hug was warm and comforting, it almost felt overwhelming. He rubbed his hand up and down my back, agonizingly slow to relax me.

"You looked like you needed a hug."

"Yeah," I mumbled into his bare chest. "I really did." I admitted, pulling out of the hug. He slowly slid his hands down my arms as he released me from the hug, giving me an empathetic look.

We took a couple of more shots of Tequila and it didn't take no longer than ten minutes for it all to hit me. I eventually lost count of how many shots we took. Half an hour later, we were dancing in the middle of his kitchen with the stereo blasting from the living room. We consecutively sang horribly to different songs and at some point, he did the air guitar on the floor and I was cracking up so hard that I thought I was gonna die.

After that, we got hungry so we decided to bake a chocolate cake. I learned that he's really good at baking, which surprised me. I sat on the kitchen island, texting away on my phone as I waited for the cake to be done. The oven finally dinged, signaling that the cake was ready to be devoured.

"Yay!" Ryder mocked in a high-pitched voice, jumping and clapping his hands like a little girl. "It's ready!" He put on the kitchen gloves, opening the stove so he can get the cake out.

The chocolate cake was prepared neatly, the fudge perfectly coated on top. It was a perfect brown color, the aroma of it spreading around the house. Ryder cut a slice for the both of us and put it on seperate plates before passing one of them to me. When I put a forkful of it into my mouth, I literally moaned.

"Oh my gosh, this cake taste like pure happiness." I moaned, shoving another forkful into my mouth. The rich chocolate taste mixed with the fudge satisified the hell out of my taste buds. Being drunk made it taste a thousand times better.

He laughed, attemtping to shove a forkful of the cake into his mouth but missed. Instead, he poked himself on his cheek. He dropped the fork back on the plate, blinking stupidly before nonchalantly putting the plate on the counter as if nothing happened. I howled with laughter before jumping off the counter. I stumbled when I landed on my feet but caught myself before I could slip and fall.

I poured myself a glass a milk but it accidentally overflowed since I poured it too forcefully. I quickly covered the galloon with the cap before nonchalantly putting it back in the fridge. I hope he didn't see that.

"I saw that!" He pointed his finger at me, a wide grin plastered on his face.

"Shut up." I mumbled to him with a smirk, eating another piece of the cake before taking a few sips of the milk. "We're so messed up and it's not even six o'clock yet."

"Whoa, it's only five?" He asked, his mouth dropped open. He checked his phone to clarify it, "wow, time is going by so slow."

"Do you think time is going by slow because it's slow or because we're drunk?"

"Hmm...both." He retorted, making us both erupt into a chorus of laughter. Then, it fell silent for a couple of seconds and I felt his eyes strongly focused on me. I looked up, meeting with a pair of lustful, dark eyes. Wait, why is he looking at me like he wants to eat me instead of the cake?

"What?"

"You have fudge on your lips." He told me. I raised my hand to touch my lip but instead, he slapped my hand down. "I got it." He gently held my chin up with two fingers. Then with his thumb, he slowly traced my bottom lip to wipe the fudge off. It automatically turned me on for some reason, making me hold in a breath.

We kept eye contact as he did this, the tension between us growing thick. Then, he brought his thumb to his lips and seductively licked it off. I watched as he did this, a certain area of my body throbbing. If you know what I mean.

I didn't know what to say or do, I didn't know how to react. After our eyes bore into each other's for a couple of more seconds, I sheepishly grinned at him and brought the glass of milk to my lips. Then, we started to drunkly dance to the music again.

A/N: Votes are greatly appreciated, don't be shy to leave your votes or comments if you like the story! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 195 44
Having a big fat crush on two of the best looking guys in school, at different times of course, no issues. After passing out no contact with them, no...
10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...
424 28 24
Countless parties, late-night outs, and foggy memories... that was all Iris knew until her parents threatened rehab and boarding school. She couldn't...
260K 4.7K 85
[Completed Book One]After a failed suicide attempt, the death of her parents the same day, and the loss of her favourite person in the world, Lyra Wi...