PROWESS. (COMPLETED)

De MaryEden08

Prowess (ˈpraʊɪs) 1. Outstanding or superior skill or ability. 2. Bravery or fearlessness, esp in battle. Th... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
PLEASE READ - Author's Note
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Author's Note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
READERS - HELP PLEASE
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Epilogue
Author's Note - What Happens Next

Chapter 46

8.6K 398 18
De MaryEden08

Anastasia's POV

Sick. I felt sick at what I was looking at. I push back the photos and turn away. So, is this what Kellen was trying to keep from me? My anger reached a snapping point; having already found out that Kellen was having my pack's post vetted before it reached us, I'd confronted Brody, knowing he'd know why. I recall my conversation with him the day before, looking for answers that perhaps I'd missed...

"Ana, this is a surprise!" He'd said, surprised as he walked into my office at my request to meet with him.

"I didn't ask you here for a social visit." Catching on to the serious and impatient tone of my voice, his expression becomes suddenly guarded and wary, at that moment it confirmed that he knew Kellen was keeping things from me. "Why is my pack's post being vetted?"

"It isn't-" he began to say but I cut him off.

"Don't even think of lying to me. It is and you damn well know it is, now tell me why." I snarl at him, slamming my hands down on my desk, tired of this deception. He sighs, looking at me knowing and with some resignation.

"It's just a security measure Kellen has put in place..." He said carefully, keeping his eyes down as he frowns.

"Just for me, or does it include the other Alphas as well?" I demand fiercely. He had the decency to look uncomfortable as he acknowledged it was just me. "That's what I thought. So here's what's gonna happen now; you're going to stop vetting our post and take off any other ridiculous 'security measures' Kellen has had you put it place. If Kellen has an issue with that, by all means tell him to talk to me so we can discuss it."

Brody whistles under his breath as he stands to leave,"Consider it done..." He pauses at the door momentarily, "You know, we keep telling him he's underestimating you," he says amused before closing the door behind him...

To Brody's credit, right after our conversation all the interferences had stopped and yet today I receive these photos. Photo's of Kellen standing in his bedroom door way just in his boxers, a thoughtful expression on his face as a flustered young maid with the 'just bedded' look about her, left completely embarrassed. Thankfully that was the only photo depicting that, others were of official letters sent from the palace, ones confirming payments or transfers with some of them dated recently... yet it was the last bit of paper in the envelope which truly sickened me. Labelled 'Kellen's Sex Dairy', it was a timeline scattered with many small photos of different girls and written underneath each photo was the date Kellen had slept with them, their transfer date and where they were currently working. One name in particular was circled and had stars next to it. A note attached read, 'And that's only the tip of the ice burg love.. ;)' I fought with my conscience to understand where this could all possibly have come from because clearly Kellen wouldn't have sent it, of that I could be certain. My following thought is why someone would send this to me? Are they trying to split Kellen and I up by laying out his past to me? Are they hoping for a reaction from me?

For several minutes, I sit overwhelmed and over-thinking about the whole situation, trying to reconcile myself with this glimpse into Kellen's past and work out what could possibly be meant by the note... a headache begins forming in my temples and if I had the choice, I'd burn everything that had come in the envelop, but there was more to this than meets the eye so putting everything back in the envelope, I stand swiftly. After locking the envelope in my safe, I sat at my desk for a long time thinking everything through; I hadn't seen or spoken very much Kellen since he'd stayed the night two days ago, nor did I know what he was doing. Resolved on visiting the palace this evening to ask Kellen to be straight with me, I spend the rest of day catching up on paper work, managing the builds started on our territory for the new pack accommodation and reviewing the progress of various other tasks required by the policy.

At 6pm, I drive over to the palace and I'm shown into the lobby, "Ana!" screams Bell excitedly, running down a set of stairs through the double doors in front of me and throwing her arms around me. Winded, I unwrap her smiling, "Kellen didn't tell us you were coming!" From various other directions, Brody with a girl I don't recognise but assume to be his mate, along with the rest of thefamily – everyone except Kellen – appear behind Bell and greet me.

"We didn't know you were coming, Ana," Greets Maryanne smiling warmly, also hugging me.

"This isn't a planned visit. I apologise for my turning up unexpectedly, but I don't intend to be here long. Is Kellen here?"

They all swap looks at my tone, King Alf is the one who answers and I get the impression he knows exactly where Kellen is and what he's doing but doesn't want to tell me. "He about...I think he's busy at the moment but if you follow George, he'll take you to the study and Kellen will meet you afterwards." I nod, composing my face so my suspicions wouldn't be read there. I'm taken to the study. I pace while I wait, until a corner of paper sticking out of a draw catches my eye, I frown at it's untidiness and wonder how someone could be so careless and why no-one had thought to put it away properly. Sighing, I head over and pull the draw open to put the paper back in neatly but stop as Kellen's name at the head of the letter catches my eye; its dated for over a week ago...

Kellen,

Why are you ignoring all my attempts to talk to you? We NEED to talk about this! You can't ignore this forever, I will continue to be persistent. This won't go away and this isn't something you can pay me to keep quiet about...

As I hear the door open behind me, my heart spikes guiltily as I quickly and conspicuously close the draw and move towards the window. My mind races trying to understand what I'd just read, "Ana?" Kellen sounds surprised but pleased to see me, I can't feel the same.

"Is there something you want to tell me about?" I ask turning to face him and getting straight to the point. His expression immediately darkens, before he clears it as he walks over to a table with different drinks on it and pours himself a glass of amber liquid. Turning back to face me, his expression is indifferent.

"Like what?" His tone mirrors his expression, I'm not fooled – his eyes are guarded and though his stance seems relaxed, I can pick out his tenses lines. The signs of a guilty conscience.

"Oh, I don't know...how about why you had 'security measures' put solely around my pack?Or why you felt the need to have my post vetted? And anything else you might need to tell me about?"

"You said it yourself, they were security measures put in place to ensure your safety," He took a sip of his drink, his nonchalance infuriating me.

"Yet these measures weren't necessary for the other Alphas?" I demand.This is exactly the kind of thing I didn't want to happen; this is the kind of behaviour which made it look like I was using my relationship to score points for my pack, no wonder a few of the other Alphas weren't happy.

"Why would they be? None of them are my mate."

"So, regardless of the fact that I'm a female pack leader, because I'm your mate I'm in danger and clearly incapable of looking after myself?" I struggle to keep my anger restrained and my voice down.

"Don't be so dramatic, you make it sound sexist. I'm just looking out for you," he rolls his eyes, shoving his free hand in pocket .

"I've taken care of my pack and myself for a good three years before I met you, I don't need your interference!" I snap, my fists balling at my sides.

"You came here to argue with me then?" He asks annoyed, eyes narrowed. He shifts his weight, but I know it to be an uncomfortable gesture.

"I came here to get some honest answers. Anything else you've omitted that I should know about?" I demand, crossing my arms across my chest. 

"Not that's any of your business!" He snarls, then thinking about what he'd just said he sighs. "Like I've said, it's all Royal Business. Ana, I really don't want to argue about this." He pleads.

"You should have thought about that before you went behind my back!" That seems to touch a nerve with him.

"For Pete sake Ana! What the hell do you want me to say? I've told you it's Royal business and it doesn't concern you!"

"If I thought that were the case, I wouldn't bloody well be here!" I spit. At that moment someone knocks at the door.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Shouts Kellen, taking a step towards me.

"Exactly what it implies!" The person at the door knocks again, more tentatively this time.

"Come in!" He yells. A nervous George pops his head around the door,"What?" Snaps Kellen impatiently, scowling.

"There's a telephone call for you, sir."

"I don't wanna talk to them, hang up." Dismisses Kellen angrily.

"Sh - they're being quite persistent, sir." He glances nervously at me, no doubt hoping I'd missed his slip; I narrow my eyes and immediately I guess it to be the same girl who had written the letter I'd read in the draw. "They're adamant they need to talk to you."

"Can't you see I'm busy!"

"On the contrary, I was just leaving. By all means Kellen, take the phone call – it's rude to keep a lady waiting." I tell him with sarcasm I head for the door and before he can say anything in return, I'm out the door.

"Ana!"He calls after me, sounding momentarily panicked. As I'm leaving my phone begins ringing, I glance at the caller ID and frown at seeing Alpha Almound's name.

"Prowess speaking" I answer, nodding at Kellen's family briefly as I leave – just about managing a smile.

"Prowess, we need to talk. Are you at your pack house?" He enquires seriously. My stomach drops wondering what the problem might be, knowing it could any number of things.

"I'll be there in 20 minutes," I tell him as I unlock my car and slid in, ignoring the fact Kellen and his family had followed me out.

"I'll meet you there."  He hangs up. Putting my car into gear, I speed off before Kellen can reach the bottom of the steps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm sorry I didn't upload this yesterday like I said I would and planned to do, I had a much busier day than I anticipated! This chapter is dedicated to my twin sister for our birthday (yesterday), love you sis! 

Anyway COMMENTS & VOTES please! 

Next upload might be either the 13th or 29th - maybe both ;) depending on how organised I am!

Thank you, my lovelies! Much Love <3 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

446K 14K 59
My wolf Flicker start roaming my head demanding to go towards our mate. And I did just that, I started looking for him. And my eyes stopped at a gro...
889K 19.8K 35
Alice Alyssa Wildmer is a werewolf. Her mate has rejected her and caused her pack to rank her lower than an omega. She is abused and when her mate ma...
287K 10K 50
24 year old Athena is on her journey to success; but she has a secret. She is not human. What happens when Athena decides to return to her pack 8 yrs...
173 2 62
My life was never a bore. As half witch, half werewolf, I am undoubtedly one of the most capable beings in the world. A daughter of an Alpha and a si...