anthology//NHL

By hockeytrash

just a bunch of hockey imagines. requests are always open! More

1. Tyler Seguin [1/4]
Tyler Seguin [2/4]
Tyler Seguin [3/4]
Tyler Seguin [4/4]
2. Patrick Kane
3. Brandon Saad
4. Tyler Seguin
5. Tom Wilson
6. Tyler Seguin
8. Matt Duchene
9. Jamie Benn
10. Jeff Skinner

7. Dylan Strome

1.4K 12 3
By hockeytrash

Personal imagine for Katie, aka my favorite Strome girl aside from myself. I hope you like it :)

-

"Are you excited?" My best friend Mila asked, handing me the McDavid jersey I was going to wear tonight.

I nodded and slipped it on over my long sleeve shirt. "I just wish I didn't have to wear Connor's number, it's getting kind of old."

"Katie, you're his sister, you're wearing his number whether or not you want to."

I followed Mila out to the car and hopped into the passenger seat.

I had left to boarding school about a few months ago and had gotten back home a few hours ago. My mom had insisted that I attend my older brother's hockey game tonight and surprise him since he didn't know I was back.

Hockey had been a part of my life since I was born, even playing it for three years when I was younger. However, the spotlight had always been on Connor. I didn't mind that so much, I had always preferred to be in the stands surrounded by food, cheering for my brother's team.

"Connor's gonna be really glad you're back," Mila said, turning the radio volume down.

I smiled. "I really missed him, we've always been so close, it felt weird not having to remind him when he had to be at practice.

Mila pulled into a parking spot and turned off the engine. "We should probably get going before the guys leave the locker room."

I nodded and let Mila lead the way into the Erie Insurance Arena and to the locker room. I was nervous to say the least. I had left for boarding school without telling Connor, or anyone aside from my parents and Mila, and according to my parents, he was far from okay with it. All I could do was hope his anger had blown over. My contact with everyone back in Erie had been very limited, I wasn't sure what to expect.

The room was buzzing with excitement when Mila and I walked in. The guys were scattered throughout the room, some still lacing up their skates, the majority were just relaxing.

"Katie?"

I looked around the room trying to find the voice that called my name. It didn't take long to find Connor staring at me from across the room.

I gave him a smile and walked towards him, eager to give him a hug.

"When did you get back?" He asked, pulling me into a tight hug.

"A few hours ago," I replied, grateful that he wasn't mad.

"You should go talk to Dylan," he whispered. "He really missed you."

I blushed and punched Connor's arm. "Shut up."

He laughed and looked over my shoulder, a frown appearing on his face as he looked around the room.

"He walked out," Mila said, pointing to the door.

"Is he mad at me?" I asked, turning back to Connor.

He scratched the back of his neck. "I'm not sure... He was furious when you left, probably more than I was."

I sighed. "Do you have any idea where he might be?"

One of the other guys, Travis, spoke up. "Check the rink."

I thanked him and gave Connor another hug before heading towards the rink. It was about an hour before the game began so the arena was empty aside from the few workers and Dylan.

I made my way up to where he was sitting and took a seat beside him. "You're mad, right?"

He shook his head. "Just confused as to why you left without saying anything." He let out a sigh. "Do you know how hard it was? Coming home from an away game, expecting to celebrate with your girlfriend, only to find out she's in another state and won't be back for a year."

"I'm sorry," I whispered after recovering from the shock of Dylan calling me his girlfriend since it had never been officially established. "I should have told you I was leaving."

"It was so weird, looking into the crowd and not seeing you there. I felt like I was missing something." He took my hand in his and rubbed circles with his thumb. "I still don't know why you left."

I leaned my head against his shoulder. "I needed a break from everything here in Erie. As much as I love you, Connor, the rest of the boys and hockey, I needed to get away from all the hype and fame surrounding the team. The best way was to get out of town."

"Don't leave without telling me ever again, okay?"

I nodded and brought my lips to his. It was a short kiss, but it brought me a sense of comfort.

"Hey lovebirds! Could you stop being so gross and get back down here?" Connor shouted from the bottom of the stands. He was standing with Mila and my parents, as well as Dylan's mom.

I grabbed Dylan's hand and pulled him along as I rushed down to greet my parents as well as his mom.

After a few minutes of catching up, Dylan and Connor were called back to the locker room to get ready for warm ups and my parent's accompanied Dylan's mom up to their seats, leaving me with the two of them.

"Good luck, Con," I gave my brother a hug and messed up his hair. "Score some goals for me."

He smiled and nodded before walking away, leaving me with Dylan.

Being about half a foot shorter than him, I had to stand on my toes to reach him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his found their way to my waist.

"What are you doing after the game?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Get takeout, go home, get some much needed sleep."

He placed a kiss on my forehead. "Wait for me outside the locker room after the game?"

I nodded. "Kick some butt babe, I'll be here when you're done."

I gave him a kiss before hurrying him along and then walked up to where Mila was sitting. We had a perfect view of the boys as they came out onto the ice.

"So, are you Dylan official now?" Mila asked, nudging me as he skated out beside Connor. "Because if not I might hit both of you until you gain some sense."

I laughed. "I'm not sure about what we are right now, but what I do know, is that I'm never leaving him again."

-

I'm trying really hard to get back into writing but I'm really busy most of the week so I'm really sorry if updates take forever. Between yearbook, marching band, homework, hockey and soccer games, I have very limited free time and although I would love to, I can't spend all of it on writing. Keep sending requests though, they really motivate me to write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 2K 55
A collection of oneshots about your favorite NHL players! I will update as often as possible. If you want to request a player, please don't be shy! P...
9.8K 61 24
Just a compilation of short stories of various hockey players that may or may not reflect what's going on in my mind. I'm open to any requests!
871K 17.7K 197
NHL, AHL, CHL etc. Imagines. This book is finished! If you'd like to request please comment on the new book Hockey Imagines Book 2, thank you!
98.1K 814 37
some hockey imagines i wrote for Tumblr and decided to cross post on here the tumblr the imagines are from is KasperiKapanenIsBetterThanYou feedback...