That Sweet Deal

By ElizabethLynx

Gwen McPherson's boyfriend is a cheater and lousy lay (not necessarily in that order). Upon dumping him Gwen... More

Part I
Part II
Chapter 2: U Gulp & I Kiss
Chapter 3: There's No U In Boob
Chapter 4: U Fight and I O
Chapter 5: O...o...o!
Chapter 6: O No I Am Stuck
Chapter 7: I Know U
Chapter 8: I Know It Must Be STD Not Me
Chapter 9: Fight U But Like U
Chapter 10: U and Me Equals Six
Chapter 12: 2 Good For U
Chapter 13: I Like When U Watch
Chapter 14: I Hate U
Chapter 15: Not U or U
Chapter 16: U Are Stupid
Chapter 17: Leaving U 2
Chapter 18: U & I
Chapter 19: Who Are U?
Chapter 20: U Say Goodbye
Chapter 21: I Say Hello

Chapter 11: Well Jack U

18.7K 702 16
By ElizabethLynx

It's been a week and a half since Dorian had officially claimed Gwen as his girlfriend. She spent the rest of the day cuddling with him on the couch as everyone watched the movie. Then later, kissing a lot after everyone left.

She was blissed out the first few days but then she rarely saw him. He stopped by that Thursday to make her dinner but then had to leave after for some appointment he had. Gwen wondered why he had an appointment at nine o'clock at night.

Even that following weekend she wanted to walk around the lake with him but every time she knocked on his door he wasn't home. Gwen realized she didn't even have his phone number.

She began fiddling with her pen as she sat on her stool in class half listening to her teacher, Chef Cordon, finish up his lecture on spices and herbs.

"Okay, that's enough about the lecture, now I want to let everyone know about the intern program this year. As you all know there are several available spots for the lucky few." Chef Cordon with his chin length wavy brown hair, partially hidden behind a chef's hat, bellows over the sea of students.

Gwen lifts her head to focus on his words. She may be unsure about Dorian, but she is still focused on obtaining this internship. Her eyes flutter around the square room, filled with long metal tables surrounded by four students each, noticing she isn't the only one rapidly concentrating on the Chef's speech. The front of the room features a small demonstration kitchen, where Chef stands in front of a short, long wooden table facing the students.

"This year we have three options. The first is with the restaurant Coeur, which focuses on French cuisine so pastries and desserts play a big role there. We worked with them last year and it turned into a wonderful experience for all involved." Chef Cordon smiled and looked down at a sheet of paper as talk erupted throughout the class.

"Secondly, we have The Turn, which is the restaurant at Hotel James. Very traditional, European flare. We have worked with them for many years and the students who intern there usually go on to full-time employment with them once they graduate."

Gwen knew most of the students wanted those two spots, and she was no different. But she overheard two of the teachers talking on Monday that Got Cake, the best bakery in Chicago, had an internship this year. She was, at this very moment, crossing her fingers that this was true and not a rumor. While being employed at a great restaurant would be a wonderful experience, she dreamed of working in a bakery. Sure, she probably could get a minimum wage job at a local bakery in her neighborhood, but she wants a place that takes pride in its breads and sweets. A place that isn't just creating the biggest or most sugar coated confection just to turn a profit. Got Cake would be the pinnacle for any baker, both in and out of Chicago.

"The final internship is a new one, and in my opinion, a place we are lucky to work with. Understand that only one of you will be open to this internship, unlike the usual three internships per restaurant like the previous two I listed. This year we have Got Cake added to our internship program."

A roar of talk and screeches erupted in the class and Chef Cordon waved his hands in the air, "Settle down please. Let me explain. You will each make a simple baguette tomorrow in class that a person from each location will judge. Then, over the weekend, you must create something that you believe represents the best of you. It can be candy or a pastry or cake or another bread. Just something that you think shows the judges what you are capable of. You will hand in a one page report on what you will be making and why on Friday, while presentation of the dish will be on Monday. Feel free to use the kitchens if you need to over the weekend. That is all. Class dismissed."

Chef Cordon gathered his things and made his way to the door, waving students off like flies as he tried for a quick escape. Gwen just sat there, still awe-struck by the chance to work at Got Cake. Her smile made her cheeks begin to hurt as it was so wide.

Then a thought hit her like a cement truck. Only one spot for Got Cake. She would be competing with twenty three other students for that internship. Her grin quickly faded to fear. They would only take the best in the class. Was she the best or even close to that? Gwen had no idea.

Her teachers always complimented her projects and she received mainly A's and a few B's on everything, except when they had to make natural desserts, no sugar added. She got a C when her baked apples turned out slightly burnt.

Gwen got her backpack, putting her laptop away and headed home. As she was riding the train back to her apartment it occurred to her that she was just going to have to do the best she could and hope for the best. The worst that could happen is she doesn't get any internship, takes her final classes and graduates. Not that bad.

So, why does she feel like crap?

As Gwen opened the door to her apartment she let out a huge sigh. Putting her backpack down Gwen flopped on the couch face first. Her rib didn't hurt anymore and the bruise was all healed up. If anything that just added to her misery.

Here she was looking and feeling hot again and no boyfriend she can find to take advantage of it. On top of it, no boyfriend to rub her shoulders and tell her if they don't give her that internship then they are fools. The boyfriend would then talk about how luscious her cakes are and then it would turn steamy, all ending in multiple orgasms.

Gwen turned and groaned, her hands scrubbing at her scalp. Why can't her fantasies be real? They are so awesome. What guy wouldn't want to make them real? The Dorian from a few weeks ago would be happy to bring them to life, but he has disappeared. Only to be replaced with the invisible man.

The front door swung open and for a moment Gwen's heart surged at the thought that Dorian might be stopping by, unannounced as usual. In walked a flurry of chocolate brown hair swinging and the matching movement of a red dress, "That fucking asshole!"

Gwen recognized immediately the enraged voice of her roommate Annalise. She sat up just in time to see Annalise's tear stained face swirl in her direction. Gwen watched in confusion as her roommate dropped her large cream leather purse on the floor with a thud and crumpled beside it in tears.

She raced over and curled next to her sad friend, wrapping her in a comforting embrace. They sat like that for a few minutes where no one spoke but sounds of hurt filled the air. Gwen preened at Annalise, lovingly combing her hair with her fingers and smoothing any wrinkles in her dress. She did it as a form of comfort and less to tidy up her friend.

"He found someone else Gwen. He dumped me, see!" Annalise shoved her black iPhone in Gwen's face. Gwen took the phone and after a swipe of the screen the texts appeared before her eyes.

Ethan: Hey I'm going to have to cancel dinner, something came up. Actually I think we should see other people.

Annalise: What? But I told you I loved you just yesterday and now you don't want to see me anymore? WTF?

Ethan: Yeah, look I think you are beautiful and sweet but I kinda met someone else.

Annalise: For how fucking long?

Ethan: Just a week ago. Nothing has happened but I think if I am this distracted by someone else then I can't give you the affection you deserve. I care too much about you to do that to you. I have really enjoyed our time together and I know you will meet a great guy real soon. I have to go. Take care.

Then the texts just dissolved into a bunch of profanities that Annalise sent him and a lot of references about his tiny penis.

"Holy shit Annalise! I am so sorry. What a dick. I can't believe he broke up with you by text!" Gwen is still staring wide eyed at the small glowing screen.

"Prick! What sort of coward do you have to be to break up with a woman who just confessed her love to you via text? How do we do it Gwen? How do we keep finding these losers?" Annalise franticly wiped the tears from her face as if they pained her and were eating at her skin.

"I don't know Annalise. I have had many weeks to think on the matter and I have come to the conclusion that good guys are just too intimidated by our beauty. That has to be it." Gwen shrugged while she waved a hand over their bodies.

"Yeah! The Assholes have nothing to lose so they flirt with us and we seem to fall for what little charm they have. The good guys see us talking to the other guys and must give up, never taking a chance to talk to us. That has to be it."

Gwen was instantly reminded of how Dorian thought she had a boyfriend in high school, so he didn't talk to her. She felt uneasy that her supposed good guy was missing in action but pushed the thought aside knowing tonight was going to be about comforting her friend. Just as Annalise had done for her less than a month ago.

"I tell you what. I got some left over ingredients in the fridge from the cheese cake I made earlier this week, I am sure I can whip something up for us to gorge on in celebration of your new found freedom from Mr. Dickwad ... what number is that now?" Gwen smiles at her friend.

"He is Mr. Dickwad 22.5. I had hoped the Dickwad machine finally broke but apparently not." Annalise shrugged as she stared off at nothing.

Gwen stroked her friends back as she lightly chuckled at Annalise's theory that there is a plant somewhere in the world that mass produces jerk guys, or as she calls them Mr. Dickwad. Annalise has some complicated numbering system that doesn't seem to go in order and Gwen can never figure out what number she is on.

"How is he 22.5? Wasn't your last boyfriend 18.8?" Gwen tilts her head trying to do the math.

"I don't get all the Dickwads in the world Gwen. Look at you and Steve. He was Mr. Dickwad 20.3. This plant just produces dickwads for the people we know. Obviously." Annalise rolled her eyes and shook her head at Gwen's confusion.

"Obviously." Gwen smiled as she got up and lent a hand to Annalise to help her to her feet.

Annalise shuffled over to the couch and mimicked Gwen's earlier couch pose with a thud into the cushions. Gwen got to work in the kitchen, pulling the ingredients out of the refrigerator. She was reaching for a plate in the cabinet as the front door swung open once again. Only this time it was Dorian.

"I am here. You ladies can breathe once again." Dorian winked at Gwen as she blushed and ducked her head down to pretend to be concentrating on the cream cheese she was unwrapping. Her heart fluttered a bit faster and the tips of her ears burned wondrously as if that wink was his fingers caressing her skin. He was wearing another one of his vintage pin-up T-shirts. It clung to his firm chest and Gwen couldn't help but sneak peaks at how it bunched at just the right places.

"Were you made in a factory Dorian? Be honest, we won't tell anyone." Annalise propped herself up on the couch, squinting her eyes to assess him.

"Uh, what? Do I need to explain the birds and the bees to you Annalise?" Dorian snorted which caused Gwen to giggle.

Annalise rose from the couch, strolled over to Dorian and poked him with her finger, "Fine! Keep your secrets about where you were born, but know this, I'm on to you and all the men like you." She huffed and took a seat on the stool by the kitchen counter.

"Okay, so that was weird." Dorian creased his brow and jerked his head toward Annalise while looking at Gwen.

"Annalise just got dumped." Gwen shrugged while placing the cream cheese in a large metal bowl.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry Annalise."

Dorian took the stool next to Annalise and put his hand on her shoulder, patting it awkwardly. It was obvious to Gwen that Dorian didn't quite know how to comfort someone with a broken heart.

"I'll find that factory one day. Until then I'm going to gorge on Gwen's desserts and get drunk. Crap! I don't think we have any alcohol." Annalise got up from her seat and started searching the cabinets, snaking her way around Gwen.

"I have some beer left over from last week I can bring over and I think I have half a bottle of Jack Daniels left too. What are you making Gwen?" Dorian's head creeped up as he tried to peer over the bowl while remaining seated.

"I honestly don't know. I don't have quite enough ingredients to make the cheesecake I made earlier this week. I figure if I just keep adding ingredients that sound good together an idea will come to me." Gwen shrugged her shoulder.

Dorian jumped up from his stool and started to make his way toward the door, "I have some stuff at my place that you might be able to use in your dessert. I'll be right back."

As he was opening the door Annalise yelled after him, "Don't forget the Jack!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 497 58
Jack Dalton has been the apple of Lucy Halloway's eye since they started working together at Mag's Sports bar three years ago. The charming, fun and...
35.5K 2.9K 33
Welcome to Wickedly Sweet, where each bite is sinfully delicious. Noa Baudet has always longed to open her own specialist cupcake shop. So, when an...
9.6K 482 35
Arcelia Winters had never been one for back talk and bad pick up lines. So when Brandon Tyler walks into the towns small bakery and attempts to take...
587K 30.4K 37
Abigail Hensley does not hesitate to choose Home Economics as her elective. With her mother owning a bakery, she practically grew up in a kitchen. Ab...