Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleeple...

By DeeStory

The Sequel To 4weeks+Summer camp=9months pregnant ... Will new problems arise to the old couple Cassidy and X... More

Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 1.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 2.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 3.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 4.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 5.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 6.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 7.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 8.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 9.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 10.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 11.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 12.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 13.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 14.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 15.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 16.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 17.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 18.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 19.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 20
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 21.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 22.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 23.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 24.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 25.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 26.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 27.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 28
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 29.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 30.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 31.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 32.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 33.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 34.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 35.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 36.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 37.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 38.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 40.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 41.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 42.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 43.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 44.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 45.
Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Epilogue.

Insecurity+Parenthood=Sleepless nights Chapter 39.

1.2K 11 2
By DeeStory

Enjoy........

Chapter Thirty-Nine:

*Xavier’s POV*

“Hey Cass how are you?”

“Better some days than others. The people here are … their nice.”

“That’s good. You really scared me a few week s ago you know.”

“Umm yeah, I know and I’m sorry it’s just, when I was taking those pills they made me happy, and made me forget what happen it makes me forget a lot.”

“Oh. How do you feel now though?” Cassidy shifted on the bed sitting Indian style.

“I really don’t know, cold. And alone. I guess.”

“But I’m here is there anything I can do?” Cassidy sighed loudly.

“Honestly, no I really just want you to leave I want to be alone. And besides, I have to go to this over- exaggerated meeting and talk about my feelings and being addicted to popping pills! It’s somewhat like you see in the movies.”

“Oh, well can I walk you down there?” I grabbed Cassidy’s hand but she flinched and swiped it away.

“No Xavier please … Just leave, please. Give the kids a kiss for me?” I sighed and opened the door.

“Okay, fine. I umm … I’ll do that. But uh I wanted to let you know that --”

“Yeah Yeah .. You love me okay, goodbye Xavier.”

“Not exactly what my choice of words would be … but actually I wanted to let you know about Travis, they let him out of jail.”

“They what?”

“Yeah, Melonie and Zaria are going to jail for 10 years 5 for attempted murder and 5 for kidnapping, and I don’t know how but all Travis got was probation, house arrest and community service. Three years worth.”

“Was it because he was just standing at the door watching me as I got abused?” Cassidy grabbed her sides and shook her head.

“I guess so. I got a call from your lawyer today and that’s all he really told me about that.”

“Oh okay.”

“Yeah, and we have a … court date for the divorce hearing coming up soon.”

“When is that?”

“In about three weeks.”

“This is too much, I umm you better go.” Cassidy said shaking her hands as if she was ‘Air Drying' them.

“Okay, I’ll be back tomorrow or the day after.”

“Bye.” She said cold-heartedly as she walked down the hall to another room not even looking back.

**

“Hey Ma.” I said walking into the kitchen of my mother’s house as she put up recently washed dishes.

“Hey baby boy, how are you?” I took a seat at the table and placed my head in my hands.

“I’m doing good … I guess, how are you?”

“I’m Fine … She smiled and put up the last of the dishes … So how did the visit with Cassidy go?”

“Same old same old, she had an attitude, talked a little, then wanted no forced me to leave.”

“Forced, wow that girl has an attitude on her, so she still doesn’t want to just sit down, look you in the eye and talk yet I’m guessing?”

“Who you telling … but um No, we haven’t gotten that far yet. But maybe we will at the divorce hearing in a few weeks.”

“Is it getting that close?” she said non chalaunt handing me a cup of coffee.

“Three more weeks … where are the kids?”

“Vocational Bible Study, it’s like a summer camp for them.”

“That’s nice, I bet they’ll love that.”

“Yeah, Kizza loves it, and to have the twins their with her she must be having a ball.” I chuckled.

“Yeah. Have you talked to Sadie lately?”

“Actually I haven’t … it's 4 o'clock here so it's about 7 there in California. I’ll have to give her a call.”

“Is she still engaged to that Carson kid? I just don’t trust him, his brother or anybody he associates with anymore, I may have to take her up on that offer and visit her in Cali !”

“That wouldn’t be too bad, get Cassidy away from this Maryland air and into some West coast air. The kids will love it at the beach I’m sure, you think about that Xavier.”

“Oh trust me, I am.”

“You want some more coffee?”

“No thank you, I have to go down to the baseball center and talk to coach, I heard the team may be under new management and I’ll have to re-nu my contract in time if I want to play next year.”

“That sounds important, you’d better get a move on.” I sighed and stood from my seat doing a few stretches.

“I am now … I gave my mother a hug and kiss … see you later ma.”

“See you later love you son. Drive safe.”

“Love you too.”

**

~*Sadie’s POV*~

“This is a nice surprise, dinner on the beach. Under the moon light and everything.”

“Yeah, I just thought this would be more romantic than in the house, well now that the rain stopped and if it starts back again, we got shelter.” He said smiling and pointing upwards at the tent over our heads. I smiled and took a seat.

“Would you like some Silver Oak Napa Valley Wine from 2006? Imported to me first class, just for this very special night.”

“Wine, roses, candle light. Wow what are you going to do next purpose … I laughed as Trey poured the wine into the wine glass smiling … thank you very much.”

“Haha your very funny Sadie. How does it taste?”

“Great! Kind of strong, but I’m not a wine expert so I’m guessing that’s how it's supposed to be.”

“Yeah, it is great. Are you hungry?”

“Yes. Very, I had a very … tiring day.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah.”

“Tell me more.”

“Oh it wasn’t that exciting, just tiring almost like a work out … I took a bigger gulp of the wine and paused as my phone rang … Oh sorry I’ll ignore the call.”

“No, go ahead and take it I have to talk to the chef for a quick second.”

“Okay, go ahead … Hey Xavier. What's up?”

*

“Hey … Sadie, nothing much. I umm was just wondering how you were doing. I haven’t heard from you since my birthday.”

“I’m … good, you sound stressed and everything really okay?”

“No, not really. Too much to go into detail about, I just wanted to let you know to be expecting a visit soon.”

“Oh that’s great ! your coming to visit? Are the twins coming too?”

“Yeah, their coming.”

“And Cassidy?”

“Sure will.”

“Okay great, I’ll send you my new address and everything, right now I’m on a romantic beach date.”

“With that Carson kid?”

“No, we broke up a long time ago.”

“Good, I don’t want you around him or his brother.”

“Travis…? I haven’t seen him in years why would I be around him?”

“I’m just saying he has caused a lot of trouble around here and I don’t want it to rub off on his brother and I sure as hell don’t want him getting you hurt or in trouble too.”

“Okay, calm down. You sound so upset. Xavier, what's really going on?”

“Just. Just get back to your date … wait who are you on a date with anyway. Jonas, William, Drew? Is it Drew? He’s a good kid.” I laughed and shook my head.

“No, it neither of them Xavier, his name is Trey.”

“I hope your not in California acting promiscuous1” He said in a serious fatherly voice.

“No Xavier why would you think that?” I said nervous.

“I’m just saying, you’ve dated a lot of guy … all the wrong guys and I don’t want to see you get hurt too.”

“Why do you keep saying too is Cassidy okay? Are you too really--”

“Sadie, sorry to interrupt you …. But the food is ready.” I smiled at Trey.

“Okay, I’ll be over to the table in a minute. Xavier, I’ll call you back.”

“Sure.”

“Love you Brother.”

“Love you too. Talk to you later.”

“Bye.”

“Ready?” Trey said holding out his arm for me to take it.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”

**

“Okay, yeah right so you really woke up in the middle of your surgery?”

“Yeah .. well at least I though--”

“Yeah .. ummhmm you thought you did, not the same!”

“Okay, so in the end it turned out I was dreaming but honestly I’m happy I didn’t.”

“Me too. So umm how are you doing, with the Cancer now?”

“Well, I umm … Trey cleared his throat … I’m still dying. Don’t get me wrong, I’m scared as hell to die young. But if it's my time who am I to argue with the light?” Trey laughed but I just stared.

“I thought the surgery would --”

“Cure me? No, No, it was just trying to get as many cancerous cell out my body as it could.”

“And it didn’t? so what was the point?”

“It got a lot of cancerous cells out but … as the weeks went on they came back. I can't stop it Sadie, and warring won’t help. I’ll just have to live my life until that day comes.” There was an awkward silence, Trey took another sip of his wine.

“Okay, enough about death. Next topic please … umm what about, marriage, and kids don’t you want that? Oh wait .. don’t answer that were still on the topic” I sighed loudly.

“Lets walk on the beach and I’ll answer that question for you.” Trey stood from his seat and took my hand.

“I would like kids, one day. But not really, I would hate to leave the mother of my child with that much responsibility, then as the kid gets older they will ask more questions. You know?”

“Ummhmm, I understand.”

“I would like to see the world though, I want to go to Mexico, and then leave there and go to Paris then leave there and then its straight to Rome.”

“Wow. That sounds interesting.”

“Yep, but I can't do it alone.”

“True.”

“Yeah. It’s beautiful.”

“Yeah, the moon reflecting on the ocean is beautiful.”

“Not that. I’m talking about you Sadie, your beautiful. And not just because you dyed your hair. Your beautiful in so many ways, your mind is beautiful your smart, your eyes, that laugh you do right before you take a sip of any beverage … yeah I noticed that too.” He helped me up the steps that lead back to our table, and we both took a seat.

“Oh Trey, that very sweet. I just … I’m speechless.”

“Marry Me!”

“What?”

“Marry Me, Sadie.” I grabbed my glass and chugged the remaining wine. Did he really just ask me to Marry him?

~*Cassidy’s POV*~

“Okay, so. Tonight were going to be dong a new experiment. And it's called the Mirror Effect.”

“What's that?” A short brown haired girl said shyly, tucking her hair behind her ear as she spoke.

“Thank you for asking Carla. The Mirror Effect is when you and a partner mimic each other, but in this case you and your partner will mimic each other’s feelings … the instructor smiled … how will we do that Mrs. King? you ask, okay everyone grab a partner.”

“You want to be my partner?” Carla said in a low tone. I sighed.

“Um sure why not.”

“Does everyone have a partner?”

“Yes.” Someone yelled.

“Okay, now sit with your legs crossed, and your hands in your partners hand. And one of you close your eyes and the other try to mimic their feelings.” The room grew silent, and out of nowhere Carla began to scream and back away into a corner, grabbing her legs and balling into a fetal position.

“What in the hell?”

“Cassidy, Language.”

“I’m not a little kid I’m a grown ass woman.”

“Cassidy!”

“What?”

“If your grown, act your age. Not your shoe size and Have a seat. NOW! Carla sweety. Are you okay?” everyone gathered around The instructor and Carla who was now staring into space.

“Her! It's Her!”

“What did I do?” I said confused.

“Its her feelings … Carla finally stood to her feet … she’s been hurt, badly. And she misses someone dearly. Someone that was very close to her.”

“She's crazy! She doesn’t even know me.” I said defensively.

“Cassidy, calm down.” I began to walk backward, eventually hitting a wall.

“Your hands!”

“What?”

“Your hands … give them to me.”

“Umm … Oh … Okay!” I placed my hands back in her and stared at the instructor, other instructors came in to take the remaining people away leaving, me and Mrs. King alone with Carla.

“You’ve been hurt, and someone who loves you wants to feel your pain but you won’t allow it because of the person you miss. Did … Carla paused … Did, you lose someone?”

“My son he died and my mom but —wait no what is she some kind of medium pretending to be a patient … I used air quotes slapping my hands away … No, I’m out of here.”

“Cassidy, Please Wait!”

“Carla, your weird okay, they put me in here because I need help? No you need help. I’m going back to my room.” I shook my head slamming the door and entering my room, laying down falling into a sleep. Dreaming of my mother.

~*Carson’s POV*~

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I said lifting up my head.

“I umm .. I bring you a coffee. ”

“Oh thanks, did Missy wake up while I was sleeping?”

“Nope … she looked over to a sleeping Missy, while she laid in the hospital bed … she moved a little. You talked to any doctors?”

“No since we got here. We should probably talk outside, I don’t want to wake Erica or Missy.”

“Yeah, your right.”

“After you.”

“Thanks. I managed to stop once of the doctors, in the hall as I was getting the coffee. They told me that he shifted the wrong way and his little foot got stuck under her rib cage.”

“Is that bad, what about the heartburn and back pain?”

“She’s pregnant, that’s going to happen regardless. But with his foot being stuck under her rib cage it almost caused her to have an asthma attack. But she pulled through.”

“Why didn’t the doctor tell me any of this?”

“Missy, didn’t want you to worry maybe!”

“Well too late for that.”

“Right!? … Michelle Laughed and sipped her coffee … I really want to apologize for the way I acted earlier, I acted like you owed me the world and you don’t I was just being bitter and selfish because Missy is going to have what I never had.”

“Meech. I understand where your coming from and even though I was 14 I would have tried to find a way to help you if you had the baby, some way I don’t know … myspace maybe.” She laughed.

“I know, you’re a good guy. I don’t know about your brother though.”

“Why would you say that?”

“I surprised at how cool your acting after your brother just got out of jail. It was all over Maryland and Virginia news. My aunt called me when she heard it.”

“Jail? So that’s why he called me. I have to call him back. Do you know why? Never mind I’ll ask him myself, sometimes you could swear I was the older brother and not him.”

“Yeah, you’d better call. I’m going back in there with Missy and Erica.”

“Okay …. Hey Travis?”

*

~Travis’ POV~

[Back In Virginia]

“So anyway … Long story short--”

“Long story short you fucked up you carrier over money and a fucking bitch?”

“Woah, you need to watch your tone. Look I was thinking stupid, I lost my job. Was about to get kicked out of the apartment, I didn’t know they were going to kidnap Cassidy of all people and her kids if I had of known that I would have backed out.”

“Why didn’t you call me? Huh I could have gotten some money together and got you a plane ticket out here. Damn it Travis what in the hell you almost 30 years old are you kidding me right now!”

“Look I’m out on bail, I’m on house arrest, got community service and all of that. I just need some money.”

“How did you manage to do all of that and not get ten years like the other too?”

“I didn’t do anything, I didn’t touch Cassidy, I didn’t touch the kids. All I did was stand in a fucking corner. In the dark.” I laughed even though nothing was funny.

“And you need some money?”

“Yes!”

“Do you have any idea what is going on in my life right now?”

“I don’t really give too shits, I just need money!”

“Oh really, we guess what Travis we all need money okay! I’m going to need money to pay for dippers and hospital bills. Why? Because I’m at the Good Samaritan hospital right now. Because the mother of my unborn child is what's looks and sounds like labor. So while I’m on the phone with you right now, I should be in that room checking on her and my son. So call me when you get enough sense to ask nicely, or just get a got damn clue. Because I’m not here to help you. You screwed up bro. and dad isn’t here to help you like when you were a teen.”

“Carson! I didn’t know, Sadie was--”

“Its not Sadie. Its Missy, and I need to be with her right now. So I’ll call you.”

“When?”

“When you see my number pop up on your screen.” I sighed loudly and threw my phone in anger, rubbing my head and hitting the wall.

“Sir, Sir!”

“Sorry, I’ll pay for that. I’m really sorry.”

“Its okay sir, you are Carson Gregory right?”

“Yes.”

“Okay good, come with me. Missealia is awake and is asking for you, she is in mild pain so … be gentle.” She said as if I were going in the room to beat her, I gave the nurse a strange look and entered the room.

“Hey Carson, Have a seat. I’m happy you’re the first face I got to see when I woke up.” She said in a muffled voice still smiling and holding her stomach. I smiled and took a seat, and in the back of my mind felt the same way.

Sorry if this seems rushed, it may or may not IDk. i'm trying to atleast get this book done by 53 chapters. so NE who Comment. hope you enjoyed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 10.3K 57
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1M 22.6K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...