The Dark Lord's Daughter [FW...

By super_awkward_girl

Vanessa Redwood spent the first ten years of her life as a muggle, but during the summer holidays of her elev... More

Quiditch World Cup
The Redwoods and the Train
The Feast
Dumbledore's Speech
First Day of Classes
The Meeting
Charms Class
A Trip to the Hospital Wing
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Pranking Filch
Detentions
Tournament Champions
Dragons and Dumbledore
Redwood or Riddle?
Word Gets Out
Meeting Diggory
Angelina
Dance Partner
Hogsmeade
The Yule Ball
Christmas
Note
The Second Task
Unforgivable Curse
Back to Normal?
Birth Marks and Lemon Drops
The Return of the Dark Lord
A Friend's Funeral
Note

Dream or Nightmare?

603 22 3
By super_awkward_girl

AN: The beginining of this chapter is Vanessa's dream. Just though I'd say that now to avoid any confusion. Happy reading.

-

"Just take her hand and apparate. It'll be easier if she's asleep." Someone whispers from above me.

I open my eyes just enough to see the hooded and masked figures huddled around my bed. I close my eyes again as one of the figures reaches down and grabs my hand. Before we can apparate, I sit up, pulling my wand out from beneath my robes and wrenching my hand away from the hooded figure.

"Stupefy!" I yell as my attackers draw their wands as well.

"Crucio!" One of the hooded attackers yells this unforgiveable curse, and while I am writhing around on my bed in pain, he grabs my hand and we apparate.

I feel suddenly nausious. It feels like I'm being pulled in six different directions, and then pushed back together again.

Finally, we land in a dusty old room. There are no lights on, and my attackers seem to have vanished. All of a sudden, there's a stream of light shining on one person in the middle of the room. Voldemort.

My first thought is 'how does he have a body?', but I push the question aside. I have other things to worry about.

"Join me." Voldemort says, his voice a harsh whisper.

"Never!" I exclaim, turning away from the dark lord and looking for a way out of the room.

"Join me, or he dies." Voldemort rephrases.

I'm about to ask 'who?', but when I turn around, Voldemort is not the only one in the room anymore. Another stream of light shines down on Bellatrix Lestrange, who is pointing her wand at someone who has been bound and gagged. Fred.

I watch him, struggling against the chains that hold him. I can't let him die, but will my joining my father be any better for him? He catches my eye and frantically shakes his head. Telling me to let him die. I look away, I can't do that.

"Fine." I say through gritted teeth. "What would you have me do?"

"Bring me Harry Potter."

I wake with a start, sitting bolt upright, shaking uncontrollably. The room comes into focus, and I see Lani and McKenna sitting on either side of me with worried expressions.

"Oh thank Merlin!" I say, rubbing my tear-soaked eyes. Of course it was just a dream... or a nightmare.

"Are you okay?" Lani asks, standing up.

"Yeah. Just a nightmare." I say, breathing heavily.

"We got back from lunch, and found you writhing around on your bed. It was terrifying, we thought you were having a seizure." McKenna says, now standing as well.

"Well, I'm alright now." I say, "Let's do something. Anything, to get my mind off of... you know."

"Alright. We could get on our revenge on Fred and George. I reckon it's about time anyway." McKenna says, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Let's do it." I say with a grin.

*

"Alright, have you got it?" McKenna asks.

"Of course." I say, holding up the vial of clear potion.

"Right. Now, you know what to do?" McKenna asks as we head down to the great hall for dinner.

"Yes. I slip it into their pumpkin juice while you and Lani distract them. Then the fun begins." I say.

"Are you sure we should be doing this?" Lani asks nervously.

"Yes. You know how many times they've pranked us. It's about time someone got them back, and we're just the people to do it." McKenna answers.

Lani nods, and we enter the great hall. I sit down between Fred and George, Lani and McKenna sit across from us. I put my hands under the table, hiding the potion from sight.

"Hey George!" McKenna says from across the table.

"Yes?" George asks, drawing out the word as he looks up at her.

"I've been thinking, and I want to know what you two and Vanessa have been up to, sneaking off at night." McKenna says.

Fred looks up and joins the conversation. While the twins are distracted, I pull their mugs toward me and put one drop of Veritaserum in each, then push them back in front of the twins.

"What we've been doing is none of your business. If we wanted you to know, we would have invited you lot as well." Fred says with a smile.

"You invited Vanessa." McKenna frowns.

"What have you got in your mug? It looks delicious." Lani says, "Why don't you have some?"

"You idiot!" McKenna whispers.

I facepalm. Subtly really isn't one of Lani's strong points. Fred looks at the three of us suspiciously.

"What did you do to it?" He says, turning to me.

"I didn't do anything to it." I lie.

"Really? Well if you didn't do anything to it, you won't have any problem drinking it, will you?" Fred asks, an amused grin on his face.

I then turn to look at McKenna she looks shocked. None of us expected this to happen. I mouth the words 'help me!' to her, but Fred catches it, and grins evilly.

"Well go on then." George urges, pushing his mug towards me.

I let out a sigh, and take a sip from one of the goblets. My thoughts become fuzzy almost immediately.

FRED'S POV:

"Well go on then." George says as he pushes his mug towards Vanessa, who sighs and takes a sip.

She seems to slip into some sort of trance. I was expecting her to be covered in purple pimples or something of that nature. There's only one thing she could have been trying to slip us that would have this effect.

"You were trying to slip us Veritaserum?" I ask in an amused tone.

I've meant for Lani or McKenna to answer my question, but Vanessa mutters a barely intelligible "Yes." instead.

"Well then, George, I think we should take advantage of this, don't you?" I ask my twin.

"I agree, Freddie." George says.

"Hmm... were you the one who set off those dung bombs under our beds in third year?" I ask.

"Yes." Vanessa answers simply.

"I knew it!" George and I say at the same time.

"You ask one, Georgie." I suggest.

"Alright then." George says, "Who do you like better? Me or Fred?"

"Fred." Vanessa says without hesitation, making McKenna gasp. A grin spreads across my face.

"Well I'm very offended." George says.

"You'll get over it." I assure him, "We all know that I'm the better looking one, isn't that right, Vanessa?"

"No opinion." Vanessa says flatly.

"How can you like me more, but not have an opinion about who's better looking?" I ask.

"I like you better because you make me laugh. You're funny. Sometimes the funniest people are also the funny looking ones." Vanessa says.

"I'm deeply offended." I pout. "I mean, George has the same face as me, why am I the funny looking one?"

"You'll get over it." George smiles at me, "On with the questions."

"Oh alright. Hmm... do you fancy anyone?" I ask, the smile returning to my face.

"Yes." Vanessa answers.

"Who?" I ask excitedly.

"Draco Malfoy."

"WHAT?" George and I ask in unison.

"I'm only yanking your wand. The Veritaserum wore off a while ago. And why do you care who I fancy?" Vanessa asks, losing the far away look in her eye.

"Erm..." I trail off, looking for an explanation.

"So we can prank them of course. Making you miserable is our job." George comes to my rescue, giving me a knowing look.

"Sure." McKenna mutters, smirking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 716 44
What if there was more to the Prophecy of Harry Potter? Dumbledore has more than just memories to share with Harry this year. Love was the one thing...
17.7K 751 62
Things that Audra cares about: Fred. George. Her potions. Her dog. Her two other best friends, Clary and Emmeline, who are completely in love wit...
139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
387K 10.9K 35
Amy is a normal teenage witch. She lives her everyday life in complete normality. The one thing that separates her from the rest of the wizarding wor...