My Perfect Mistake | #Wattys2...

By infinity_and_beyond3

~COMPLETED~ | This story is being slowly edited. "As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surp... More

My Perfect Mistake (Teen Pregnancy)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
My Perfect Mistake: Extras
Author's Note: Unwritten
Wattys 2016

Chapter Thirteen

54.2K 1.3K 228
By infinity_and_beyond3

Hello again guys! So I hope ya'll enjoyed the last chapter, even though it was really sad. I actually did teared up writing it. But overall, I really do hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and are enjoying the story so far.

So I did a few changes to the story. First off, I wanted to say that I changed all the character pictures to different pictures of them. I was getting tired of the old ones, if that makes sense, haha. And I changed the girl who played Kayla Richards. Hannah Faith Greene is now playing Kayla Richards (Sean's girlfriend). I wasn't feeling the other girl, so I decided to change her.

Anyways, that's all I had to say. Here's Chapter 13, enjoy! :)

____________________

*Recap*

He gently pulled me away, putting one of his hands on my cheek. He began wiping away my tears. "Anabelle, don't cry. Please," He said, softly. I put my hand on his hand that was on my cheek.

Surprisingly, the tears stopped falling. Somehow, his voice was very soothing, which made me feel somewhat better. He gave me a small smile. "There you go."

He took a strand of my hair and gently placed it behind my ear. "Do you want me to take you home or do you want me to stay with you for awhile?"

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. "Stay with me," I said, softly. He put his arm around my waist, pulling me back closer to him.

"Okay," He whispered.

Even though him deciding to stay with me made me feel a little better, it still felt like my life was slowly falling a part.

*End of Recap*

.

*Anabelle's POV*

.

*18 weeks pregnant*

"Okay, Mr. Thompson. We're here today to discuss your treatment plan, the medications you will be taking and ways to make sure you stay as healthy as possible. First we will discuss the plan and then you may ask any questions you have at the end. Understand?"

Healthy?

He's not healthy. He's sick.

Very sick.

My father nodded, as he reached over and grabbed my hand, holding it tightly.

Dr. Robins smiled. "Great. So I have a treatment plan that is very effective and has rid the cancer. The main treatment we use for Acute Myeloid Leukemia is Chemotherapy. The anticancer drugs we use for Chemotherapy is Cytarabine, Hydroxyurea, Prednisone, and a couple others. We will use Radiation Therapy if needed, but it'll be highly unlikely that we will use it. We may possibly do a bone marrow transplant which will need a donor, but we will talk about that possibility when the time comes to it. We-"

I totally zoned out after that. I couldn't focus. I still couldn't believe this was happening. I just wanted this meeting to be over, so that I could get home and rest. My last couple Midterm exams are tomorrow and I needed some time to study and rest.

"So what do you think of the plan? Do you want to go through with it?" My father looked at me, then back at Dr. Robins. "Yes, let's do it."

"Alright, we'll have you started on Chemotherapy right away. We'll have you admitted in Bridgeport Hospital starting tomorrow." Dr. Robins said, closing the file.

That certainly caught my attention. "Wait, what? Admitted back in the hospital? For what?"

"Sweetheart, were you not paying attention to what Dr. Robins was saying? She believes that I should stay two months in the hospital, while receiving my Chemotherapy. She wants to keep monitoring me and see how everything goes."

"Uh-I-I don't know how I feel about you being away from home. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with that, but if it's going to get you better, then okay. We'll start packing your things today. Derek and I will help you pack your things."

"I can assure you that your dad is in the best care. I've had a good survival rate with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. This type of cancer needs immediate treatment once it's diagnosed. Which is the reason why I chose tomorrow to start."

"Okay," I said, still holding my father's hand. She smiled at the both of us. "Great, do you have any more questions for me?"

I shook my head and watched as Dr. Robins got up from her seat. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow at 3pm, Mr. Thompson," She said, holding out her hand for both my father and I to shake. We got up from our seats, shaking her hand as we did so. "Thank you Dr. Robins, see you tomorrow."

I gathered my backpack, and walked out of the small conference room inside the hospital. "Are you hungry? I can get you some Pizza, Chinese Food, or whatever you're craving," My father said, as we walked out the hospital. "No, I'm good. I just want to get home and study," I answered, my voice soft.

My father unlocked the doors to the car. I opened the door, throwing my backpack on the floor. I sat down and closed the door, putting on my seat belt right after. "Anabelle, I know that you're upset about this whole situation, I can clearly see it. I just want you to know that I'm going to be okay. Stop worrying, I'm going to fight this. We just have to stay positive and continue living our lives just the way it is. Just like what we did with your mother."

"Yeah, I know," I mumbled. He stroked the back of the head. "I love you princess."

I gave him a small smile. "I love you too Daddy."

XxXxXxXxXxXxXx

"Alright class, times up. Turn in your Midterm Exam in the bin," Mrs. Coleman, my Physics teacher, had said. I got up from my seat and placed my Exam in the bin. I walked back to my desk feeling confident. I know I totally aced that Exam.

I liked Midterm week. Once we finished our Exams for the day, we were allowed to go home. "Okay class, you are dismissed. Have a good rest of the day." I gathered up my stuff and walked out of class. Lianne was waiting by locker, as always.

"Hey Ana, ready to go?"

I nodded. "So, do you wanna get some lunch at Penny's Diner before I drop you off at work?"

"Yeah, sure. Sounds good. I could go for a bacon cheeseburger right now," I said, as we began to walk out of the school and towards Lianne's car.

Once we reached Lianne's car, she unlocked it. We got inside of the car and began making our way to Penny's Diner.

"So, how are you holding up?"

I sighed, looking straight ahead at the open road. "A little better now. I just can't believe this happening again."

"I know," Lianne murmured. "Have you talked to Sean? Does he know anything about this?"

"No," I answered. "Last time I spoke to him was the day we found out my dad had Cancer."

"He's really worried about you, Ana. At least, that's what it seems to me."

"He's just probably worried about our daughter. Why do you think he's worried about me? Has he said something to you?"

"Uh-yeah. He did. He asked me if you were okay."

"What? Do you think he knows about my dad?"

Lianne shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe? You should talk to him."

"I don't know. I don't feel comfortable telling him about my personal life," I murmured.

"I'm not saying you have to tell him what's going on with your dad. I'm saying to just talk to him and let him know you're doing okay. At least so he can stop worrying so much."

"Okay," I sighed,"I guess I'll talk to him."

We arrived at Penny's Diner several minutes later. We ordered our food and ate quickly. My shift started soon, so we didn't want to waste a lot of time. Lianne parked her car in front of my job. "I'll see you tomorrow, Lia," I said, as I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car.

"Have fun at work! You get to spend some time with your new boo thang! Love you girly!" She yelled out the car window. She waved at me before she closed the window and drove off.

I totally forgot about Jason.

We weren't a couple, yet. We've only been on one date and we've decided to take things slow, just to see how things play out. Plus, I haven't really seen him in two weeks. With everything that's been going on with my dad, I haven't really found time to talk to him or see him, for the matter.

I haven't even told my brother or my father about the date I went with Jason. I'm not sure they even want me dating considering the fact that I'm already pregnant, as it is.

I walked inside the cafe, my eyes quickly meeting Jason's. He smiled brightly at me. "Ana! I can't believe you're here! You haven't showed up to work in like two weeks. You haven't answered my calls or text messages.  I was starting to think you quit and were avoiding me."

I sighed, making my way behind the counter, towards Jason. "I'm sorry Jason. I'm not avoiding you. I've been dealing with some personal matters and I didn't really want to talk to anyone. I know that's a silly excuse, and you have every right to be upset. I just really hoped you would understand-"

"Anabelle, I'm not upset. You're going through a personal matter and I totally understand. It's not a silly excuse. I'm just glad you're okay, and I'm glad you're not avoiding me."

I smiled softly at him. "Thanks for understanding," I spoke, my voice soft.

"No problem," He smiled. "So, what are you doing here? I saw you on the schedule for tomorrow."

"Wait, what? Really? I could of sworn I was scheduled for today." I walked over to the calendar on the bulletin board and sure enough, my name was scheduled for tomorrow at four.

"Today is Wednesday-" I said, slowly. My eyes widen in realization. "Crap, it's Wednesday! I have to go!" I had just realized that my father leaves for the hospital today at three. I wanted to spend some time with him before Derek took him to the hospital.

"What, why? Can't you stay for a while?"

"No, I'm sorry. I can't. I really have to get home. I have some things to do and somewhere to be. I'm so sorry Jason, I'll text you!" I opened the door to the cafe and rushed outside.

I looked around, trying to find a taxi. "C'mon," I whispered to myself. I walked to the end of the street, right where the intersection was. There was still no taxi in sight.

I looked around once more, my eyes finally spotting a taxi coming in my direction. I quickly raised my hand up, so the taxi driver could see me and know that I needed a taxi. The taxi got to where I was, pulling over.

I quickly got in and closed the door. "2368 Audubon Way, please." The driver nodded and began driving. I sat back in my seat and pulled out my phone. I pressed on Derek's name, putting the phone to my ear. After a few rings, Derek finally answered.

"Hey Belle, what's up?"

"Hey Der. Listen, turns out I was scheduled to work tomorrow, not today. So, I'm on my way home right now."

"Alright, how are you getting home?"

"I'm in a taxi right now. I should be home in like five to six minutes tops. Did you finish packing up some of Dad's stuff?"

"Yep. We're eating very healthy grilled chicken wraps, while watching SportsCenter. The Doctor says he has to start eating really healthy foods now. So, what better than a grilled chicken wrap?"

I laughed lightly. "Well, sounds great. I'm like a couple of minutes away, I'll see you in a little."

"Alright."

I pulled my phone away from my ear, hanging up. "Here we are Miss," The taxi driver said, his British accent very strong. "Thank you so much," I smiled at him, handing him the cash.

I got out of the car and closed the door, walking up my driveway afterwards, towards the front door. I opened the front door, overhearing the conversation my father and brother were having. "Dad, I'm telling you! New England is gonna win the Super Bowl! They're going really strong, did you not see the game?!"

"Derek, you keep believing that. Seattle is gonna win, whether you like it or not. They won last year against Denver! Did you forget that?"

"Obviously not, you made a huge commotion about it. Look Dad, I understand that you're from Seattle, and your team is the Seahawks. But I was born here in Connecticut, a part of the New England area. The Patriots is my team. And I believe in my team, and I know that they're going to kick your teams ass. Whether you like it or not."

I laughed as I watched the mini argument they were having. Boys being boys. This was a normal thing for my father and brother. When it came to sports and their teams, that's where they really clashed.

They looked over in my direction. "What's so funny?" Derek asked, his face very serious.

"You guys are funny to watch. It's the same argument every time you two watch football."

"Okay, well. Belle, who do you think is gonna win the Super Bowl in two weeks?"

"Easy. New England," I said, sitting down on the couch. "Sorry Daddy."

"Ha! God, I can already see them winning. That's going to be such a glorious day! February 1st, 2015. Remember that day Dad. The day that the New England Patriots win their fourth Super Bowl title."

He scoffed, shaking his head afterwards. "Whatever Derek. Just don't come crying to me when they lose and the Seahawks win their second year in a row."

"Okay. Can we talk about something else, please?"

"Fine," They both mumbled.

"Anabelle, are you hungry? I can make you something to eat," My dad said, getting up from the couch. "I ate some lunch at Penny's Diner with Lianne like an hour and a half ago. But I am kind of hungry. I kind of want one of the grilled chicken wraps you two ate."

"Okay, sweetheart. I'll make you one. I'll be right back," He said, making his way over to the kitchen.

I looked at Derek, who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. "It's gonna be weird without Dad around the house," I said to him, which caused him to snap back into his senses.

Derek sighed and nodded. "I know, but it's not like we'll never see him again. We'll visit him every day, check up on him and make sure he's doing okay."

"Yeah, I'll keep him updated on his granddaughter. Tell him about my da-" I stopped talking, as I immediately put my hands on my stomach. I looked down at my stomach, my lips slowly curving into a smile.

"What? What happened? What's wrong?"

I let out a small laugh, looking back up at Derek. "I think she kicked."

"Wait, what? Really? Are you serious? Let me feel!" Derek eagerly said, as he rushed to my side, quickly putting his hands on my stomach.

"I don't know if you'll feel it. It feels like popcorn popping in my stomach," I looked down at my stomach,"My little girl is in there, moving, kicking. That feeling is amazing."

Derek smiled at me. "Yeah. I can't wait to meet my niece," He said, as he gently rubbed my stomach. "What are you gonna name her?" Derek asked me, as he got up from his crouching position and sat back down on the couch.

I sighed, shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know yet. I haven't really thought of any. Sean and I haven't discussed it yet."

"How about I search some up? We can go over some together."

"Don't you think it's a little too early to be searching for names?" I inquired, fixing the bottom of my shirt.

"No, C'mon. We can search some up. It'll give you an idea or sense of what you like and don't like."

I stared at him for several seconds, before giving him a small nod. "Okay, fine. Let's do it."

"Yes!" Derek quickly took out his phone from his pocket. "Okay, I hope you don't mind but I was looking up some names yesterday. I bookmarked the website."

"Okay, cool. Let me hear some."

"Alright, I'll give you five names at a time and you write down the ones you like."

"Okay, hold on," I said, taking out my phone, opening the notepad app. "Okay, I'm ready."

"Alright. Emily, Amelia, Addison, Brookelyn, Caelyn."

I typed in the names Emily, Amelia and Caelyn. "Okay, next names."

"Dawn, Ella, Haydin, Lauryn, Leanna."

I put Leanna and Ella on the list.

"Here you go, Anabelle," My father said, putting down the plate with my chicken wrap, on the coffee table. "Thank you Daddy."

"No problem princess. What are guys doing?" He asked, as he sat down next to Derek on the couch.

"We're going over baby names. Got any ideas?" I said, taking a bite of my wrap after.

"Hmmm, well how about Paige or Payton?"

I finished chewing up my food, before speaking. "I like Paige. I'll put Paige on the list."

"Okay. I got five more. Sophia, Mia, Aria, Natalie, Samantha."

"I actually like all those name. I'll put them on the list, but try finding names that are not that common. Or something more unique."

"Okay. Gotcha."

I continued to eat my wrap. Which was delicious, by the way.

We went over names for a little more than an hour. I had added fifteen more names to my list. Names that I would have to discuss with Sean about.

"Dad, we should get you to the hospital. They want us there thirty minutes early, just to set you up and get you comfortable in your room."

I had totally forgotten in the short couple hours we had just spent together, that my father had to leave to the hospital. My mood had changed from happy to sad in the matter of seconds.

"Yeah, we should get going. Son can you get my bag from my bedroom, please?"

Derek nodded, leaving my father and I alone in the living room. I went up to him, quickly wrapping my arms him. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly, but not too tight. "I love you so much my beautiful princess. You know that, right?"

I felt a tear escape my eye. "Of course, I love you too Daddy." I pulled away, looking right at him. "I'm going to visit you every day, okay? You're going to be fine, you're going to fight this, you'll survive this. I know you will."

He placed his hand on my cheek, smiling down at me. "I know. I am going to beat this. We just got to keep being positive."

"I know," I whispered.

"Ready to go?" Derek asked, holding our father's bag in his hand. My father nodded, looking back down at me right after. "Goodbye Anabelle. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes. I'll be there right after school." He pulled me in for another hug, before letting go. He turned to Derek. "Let's go."

I watched as my father walked towards the front door and opened it, walking outside. Derek turned to me as he held the front door open. "I'll be back soon." I put my hands in my front pocket and nodded. He walked out the door, closing the door behind him.

The house suddenly became quiet and it felt more emptier. I wasn't used to this quietness or emptiness.

I walked down the hall, to my bedroom, quickly taking off my shoes, before laying myself down on my bed. I looked up at the ceiling, bringing my covers closer to me.

I couldn't hide the sadness I was feeling. My heart was literally aching. I wanted someone to talk to. Who knows how long it would take Derek to get back home. I did hear him mention that he was going to Jessa's house right after.

I grabbed my phone from the back pocket of my jeans. I went through my contacts, passing Lianne's name cause I knew she was working. I didn't want to bother her while she was at work. So I pressed the name of a person I thought I would never call for comfort.

The phone rang a few times, before it stopped ringing and his voice spoke though the speaker.

"Hello? Anabelle?"

"Hi Sean," My voice cracked. I was trying to fight back the tears that were slowly starting to form.

"Anabelle, are you okay?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. It was silent for a few seconds before I decided to finally answer.

"No," I whispered.

"Are you home?"

"Yes," I whispered again.

"Okay. I'm coming over. I'll be there in ten minutes."

The line went dead and I laid there, continuing to stare at the ceiling.

_________________

A/N

I want to apologize for taking so long to update. I've been so busy and I've been doing school work, church stuff, practicing for my chorus competitions and concert, practicing for my theatre competitions, and still trying to find time to update my stories.

I hope you guys can understand. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It is pretty long, and I'm satisfied with the length of the chapter. I'm sorry for any spelling and/or grammatical errors. Once I finish this story, it will be undergoing some serious editing.

I'm pretty excited cause my shows, Once Upon A Time and Grey's Anatomy, started a week ago. I'm so excited to see what the new seasons have in store! Anyways, besides that I don't really have anything else to say. Until next time my super amazing readers!

-Vote

-Comment

-Share

-Follow

xxxxx infinity_and_beyond3 xxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 133K 64
Office enemies fight for the same promotion, while resisting their growing chemistry. LAYLA masks her insecurities behind perfectionism. The goofy gi...
413K 9.1K 79
Elle has just turned 15 years old. Mason is her boyfriend, they've been in a relationship for 6 months or so. Elle realise she can't say 'no' to him...
6.6K 215 12
"Aaron..." She giggled as I ran my nose down along the side of her neck. That's my favourite sound...her laugh. "I'm trying to study, if I don't st...
147K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...