Call Of The Wild. Book ii.

By Maroon1479

Mat is learning everyday what it means to be Alpha. Thinking all her troubles might get solved one step at a... More

part one - i.
part one - ii.
part one - iii.
part one - iv.
part one - v.
part one - vi.
part one - vii.
part one - viii.
part one - ix.
part one - x.
part one - xi.
part one - xii.
part one - xiii.
part one - xiv.
part one - xv.
part one - xvi.
part one - xvii.
part one - xviii.
part one - xix.
part one - xx.
part one - xxi.
part two - xxii.
part two - xxiii.
part two - xxiv.
part two - xxv.
part two - xxvi.
part two - xxvii.
part two - xxviii.
part two - xxix.
part two - xxx.
part two - xxxi.
part two - xxxii.
part two - xxxiv
part two - xxxv.
part two - xxxvi.
part two - xxxvii.
part two - xxxviii.
part two - xxxix.
part two - xl.
part two - xli.
part two - xlii.
part two - xliii.
part two - xliv.
part two - lv.
part two - xlvi
part two - xlvii
part two - xlviii.
Epilogue.

part two - xxxiii.

782 65 6
By Maroon1479

My room door had brust open and someone grabbed me by my arm. I groaned as Emily took in a sharp breathe, "Apparently the whole neighbor had some night blow out. Our alarms didn't go off Ellie!"

I quickly jumped up from my bed and grabbed my phone to see it was six thirty-eight. Today was the senior field trip to Celestia Park, an amusement park in Celestia a pretty big town. To small to be consider a city but very big to be a town. It was about an hour and half drive. And our bus leaves soon.

I pushed the blanket off me but my tired legs hadn't quite gotten the clue of waking up yet. I fell to the ground, hitting my elbow.

Emily put her arms under mine and lifted me up, "Oh you klutz! Hurry and get dressed! If we be quick, we can still make it! The bus leave at seven fifteen!" she said as she ran out of the room.

I quickly ran to my dresser and got dressed in a white long sleeve shirt and blue jeans with some brown flat. I didn't bother with my hair, just threw it up in a slouchy bun. I grabbed my bag, making sure my money, parents slip, and some things I might need at the amusement park. I threw the strap across my neck as it hung on my side.

I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth but Emily grabbed my hand, "No time! I grabbed some gum in my bag." We ran down the stairs where Sofia and Clyde sip their coffees, "Thanks for waking us up!" she said, no sarcasm in her voice. Sofia must have been concern when we didn't wake up and woke Emily up. We raced out the door and I pushed my legs to run even though I was still very tired. I had been up till two in the morning on Skype with Zakaria. This whole week I been up late with Zakaria because it was morning for him. Now that it's morning for me, it was around late evening for him.

"Ugh, Ellie slow down!" Emily cried out. I turned my head around as my legs slowed down. She was a good eight feet behind me. I hadn't realized I ran past her this far. She pushed her legs harder, "Jeez, you're getting extra fast. We have five minutes left, we're gonna make it!"

I grabbed her hand as we ran and we went the same pace. Having bags hanging on our sides didn't help much. We we're only two blocks away, we're gonna make it.

But when we turned the corner of the first block, we saw the two buses coming from the other end turning onto Marshal Street which is the oppsite end.

I groaned as Emily cried out, "No! They said seven fifteen, it's only seven o-eight. We could have made it!" she yelled breathing heavily.

I sighed, "Well they did say to be at the gymnasium by six thirty just in case they decide to leave early."

"But since when do they ever truly leave early!" she yelled, stomping her foot. She cried out in frusteration as she sat down on the curb or the street and sidewalk. I sat down next to her, wrapping my arm around her. "Of all nights the power likes to go out at night for a few moment, it had to be last night! I was so looking forward to getting on the new roller coaster ride." she said, stomping both her feet as she groaned.

I patted her hand, "I know, I know. We can save up and go this summer."

"But I wanted to go today." she said, huffing heavily. I rested my sleepy head on her shoulder. I should have gotten more sleep last time but Zakaria was showing me the horses his family own. Emily took in a sharp breath and she ripped herself apart from me, "Ulric! Ulric!" she yelled as she got up and ran down the street. I looked to see Ulric in a truck at the end of the street that Emily was running towards. I stood up, walking over as she got to the truck speaking to him but I couldn't hear.

It was only until I was a few feet away I heard. Emily squealed, "Oh thank you! Thank you!" she said. She turned around jumping as she took my hands, "Ulric will take us! Ulric said he'll take us! We can meet up with the class in time at the gates!"

I looked behind Emily and Ulric shrugged. Crawling into the back, Emily sat in the front which I was happy for. It was quiet for just a seconds he drove before she opened her mouth.

"So why aren't you at work today?" she asked. "Why do you have one of the company trucks?"

"Devin gave us the day off because he's going with Mat and Killian out of town." he said. I stared at the floor of the truck, closing my eyes, feeling defeated. "I'm moving into my apartment today so Devin letting me use the truck to move. I was on my way to pick my stuff from Alpha Matilda place until I had to pick you two up."

Emily laughed, "We really appreciate it. Don't we, Ellie?" Emily said. I rolled my eyes, taking my phone out and typed a message to Ulric asking what he's doing. "She's happy. I promise we pay you back for the gas money."

"It's no problem." he said. "Moving was gonna be really easy. It gives me something to do at least today. Life been really boring lately. I spend most of my time either working, running, and home. A little drive is nice in awhile."

"Well that's good. Staying out of trouble, you know. You been here for how long? Over a month now and I haven't heard any gossip about you yet. Keep it up, Ulric." she said.

Ulric chuckled, "Well thanks Emily. I have grown up allot during me being away."

"Yeah, you have. You matured allot, in personality and appearance. It's good you decided that bad boy thing wasn't good, I like this nice Ulric character. Especially in our time in need of help-"

"Can we play some music?" I asked. It got awkward now but Emily turned on a station right when Zakaria text me back.

*

It took over an hour to make it but Ulric drove pretty quickly. He drove into the amusement park parking lot. Emily held her hand out the window, "I don't see the buses and no of the others so we made it before them I hope. Laney isn't texting me back."

Ulric parked the car and Emily hopped out. I was texting away on my phone to Zakaria though to realize Ulric hadn't gotten out also until he cleared his throat. I forced a smile as I looked at him through the windshield mirror and opened the door.

"Aeriela, wait." he said. I held my breath, looking around for this damn bus to appear. "I know this might have been awkward but I want you to know I'll always be on your side. Alpha Matilda doing the right thing-"

"Bus is here." I said quickly when I saw the bus pull in. I opened the door and jumped out.

Mat.

I tied my hair up in a bun in front of the mirror. I wore some work out shorts and sporta bra since it was easy to carry around my arms when in wolf form.

Killian stepped in the bedroom with just basketball shorts with a down look on his eyes. I turned to him, kissing him hard on the mouth, "I love you."

He grabbed my wrist as he gave me a hard look, "Last time, Mat. Last time we do anything like this. I want to start a family, have a safe life."

I stared up at him before nodding, "I promise, Killian. I want a family to. This is the last time I ever get involved in crazy things."

He forced a smile, cupping my cheek in his hand, "I love you, too."

I took his hand and kissed his palm, "I promise. I want that to, Killian. I really do."

*

It didn't take long before Killian, Devin, Clyde, Will, and I made to Idaho where the North-West and some of the South-West region alphas and their strongest wolves met up. I stood up on my legs as I shifted to my human body again.

I walked over to the other alphas, "Alpha James is waiting for us in Colorado. He's by the borders for us. He says the Wild Rogues are camped out in the Valori Forest which he'll direction us towards. As we all agreed, we grab them and cuff them up. If their not resisting, I don't want them harm. Leave the children alone, I doubt they'll leave the parents alone. And if they do resist, by all means find a way to control them. And if that doesn't work--you do the last resort." I said. "Understood?" I asked.

They all nodded and we prepaired to leave again.

Clyde grabbed my arm, "I'm still your father, Matilda. You be careful, I'm gonna be near you even you don't like it. I don't care if you're an Alpha and have wild blood in you."

I smiled up at him, "Thank, dad. I also have Killian, I'm more than sure I'll be safe. I can handle myself though, I'm a big girl."

"I know." he said, taking my chin between his fingers. "You're still my daughter though."

Aeriela.

Throughout the time I was at the park, I hardly went on allot of ride. I was scared of heights and even though I tried to get along with the pack kids I felt awkward. I spent allot of time on my phone messaging Zakaria.

Until my phone died.

By seven o'clock, it was time for us senior to head back. The teachers were ready to go back, tired from controlling a bunch of teenagers all day. We all gathered by the entrance of the amusement park when I realized my money and bag of kettle cooked popular was back in the locker rooms.

I went over to Luna, "Hey, I'll be right back."

Her eyes widen, "Wha--Ellie! Ugh you hurry on back okay!" she yelled when I turned away and ran as fast I could. Thankfully the locker storage wasn't that far and I ran back towards the others.

I held my bag up, "See, I made it."

Luna smiled but Ken snorted as he slapped the bag out of my hand and it fell to the ground. The bag was already half opened and allot spilled out. My mouth dropped as I looked up at him. He shrugged, "Opp, my bad. Arm reflex."

Luna pushed Ken away, "Hey stop it. Guys, you gone on long enough. Elliot choosed not to come on his own and Aeriela isn't the bad guys. We're all suppose to be friends."

Ken and the other rolled their eyes, "We don't hang out with weaklings." he said. I rolled my eyes as I reached down to grab the bag of popcorn but he came over and pushed it away. I breathed heavily out my nose and not controlling myself I grabbed his ankle. He cried out as he fell to the ground.

He pulled his leg away and my eyes widen as he turned to face me. His eyes flashed yellow from anger and embarrassment. He breathed heavily from his nose as he got up.

I stood up as I tilt my chin up, "Your eyes don't scare me, Ken."

He got real close to me, pushing his body against mine in a threatening way. I breathed out heavily as I looked away, my teeth baring at his threatening way. "Why not huh? Oh because you know yours one day will look different soon?"

"Back off." I growled warningly at him.

Luna pushed Ken away, "Listen to her, Ken. Back off. You're right, Aeriela will be different so it's best not to threaten her don't you think."

Ken growled as he got closer again but kept a few inches away, "Disgusting Alpha Blood in you, bad blood. Maybe Alpha Matilda will get rid of them all, at least she can see how tainted they are."

My hand came up, grabbing his navy v-nevk shirt as I faced him, "Get away from me." I growled. "I'm apart of this pack, Matilda is my sister. I can get your ass thrown out if I want."

He glared down at me, "So you betray Elliot heart and now me?"

I growled deeper, "Elliot and you can man up and not cry over about me dumping him." I said as I pushed him away. He stepped towards me with a growl but someone grabbed him and threw him on his back.

Ulric cracked his knuckled as Ken glared up at him. My eyes widen at him since I thought Ulric had gone home after bringing us here. Did he stay around? "Leave her alone." he said.

I breathed out heavily, "Ulric, I don't need-"

He held his hand up, "Hey, I already know how that's gonna finish. Be my guest but remember, he's a stronger than you at the moment." he said before turning away and walked back over to the parking lot as my wide eyes followed. Ken got up, glaring at me.

I looked at him, suddenly to annoyed looking at his face to finish this. I breathed out heavily as I turned to Luna, "Tell Mrs Davy Devin came to pick Emily and I up but Emily wanted to go back with her friends."

She looked confused, "Uh, okay but where are you--"

I turned away and ran over to the truck right when he turned on the truck. I appeared at rhe passenger door and he looked at me. "I can't ride with them. They officially hate me besides Luna. They'll make the bus ride home hell."

He stared at me for a moment before unlocking the truck door. I opened the door and got on. I buckled myself in and he drove away.

It was awhile with us in the truck with silence. I stared out the window as laid back against the seat with my feet up. My arm hung out the window, letting the chill Oregon spring air flow through my fingers. A few more weeks till the night weather gets warm. A few more weeks left of spring meaning my birthday was soon. How many weeks left? Seven? Seems enough time but to me very little.

"So I'm guessing you choosing me to ride with than the school bus means you hate me less." Ulric finally spoke as he drove through the highway in the woods.

I turned to look at him, knowing he'll speak sooner or later. I leaned against the center console, "Why were you still there? You should have gone home."

"Who said I didn't go home?" he asked, making my eyebrows furrowed together. "I drove back here hoping you'll get back in. Even if Emily came along."

"Why?" I asked.

He looked at me for a quick second before snorting, "Guess, Aeriela. Or can I call you Ellie now since everyone does?"

"No." I said, making him roll his eyes. "And this doesn't mean I'm forgiving you any time soon. I'm still very pissed. I just don't wanna drive back with Ken-The-Ass. Only Luna talks to me and if the others do it's not nice."

"I heard about your refusel to Elliot." he said. I groaned as I ran my fingers through my hair as I sat back against the seat, staring up at the sky through the windshield. "I think you did the right thing, Aeriela."

I scoffed, "I'm sure you do." I said, rolling my eyes.

He huffed heavily, "Oh come on, Aeriela. Be nice to me." he said. My head snapped towars his direction with a look of disgust as if he insulted me! "I know I don't deserve it but it was over two God damn years ago! I am sorry! I'm a different person. I'm not gonna sit here and beg you to give me another chance because I realized you gave me to many chance than what I deserved." he coldly said, suprising me that he was admitting to that. "I should have realized back then sooner or later you would stop giving me those chances. I got drunk, made a stupid decision, and live to regret it. I'm not asking you to take me back, just for you to forgive me so at least I could learn to live without you!"

"You lived without me these last two years. I'm sure you can manage--"

"I had to live without you because Alpha Matilda told me to stay away. I had to pretend to date Raynah to act as if I had moved on so she'll let me come back!" he said as he kept looking back and forth between me and the road. "I can only live without you if I know you'll forgive me."

"Ulric." I breathed out. He seemed so sincere about it, thisr blue eyes actually showing emotion. He turned to look at me but in the corner of my eyes I saw us coming near a tree. My head turned and I took in a sharp breath as I grabbed onto the handle of the door, "Ulric!"

He quickly tried to press the brakes but it only slowes the car down enough so when the truck crashed into the tree it just roughly jerked the car. The airbags came out quickly as my body started to go forward. I groaned against the bag, pushing it down.

Ulric grabbed my arm, "Aer-Aeriela, are you okay?" he asked.

I finished patting the bag away and turned to look at him, "Yeah, just fine. Nice watching the road, moron."

He nose bleed a little but he didn't seem to notice as he opened the door and got out. I got out the passenger door, going to the front of the truck. The headlights were still on but the middle of the truck was smashed. The light then blinked and the car turned off.

Ulric hit the top, "Damnit! Son of a bitch!" he yelled. I made a face, knowing this wasn't at all good. "Oh god, Devin gonna kill me!"

I snorted, "He sure is." I said and he glared at me. I shrugged, "What? You know his trucks are like his babies."

"Not the time, Aeriela." he said as he went back inside the truck and I stood outside the door. He grabbed his phone, dialing a number. He brought it up to his ear, his eyebrows coming together confused. He moved his phone away, "I got no reception. Ugh what's the point of a smartphone when it isn't smart!" he yelled as he threw his phone away. He ran his fingers across his hair, "You got a nice phone. Let me see it to call someone."

I awkwardly brought my hands up to my neck, "One that dies quickly. It's dead."

He looked annoyed, "Just perfect." he sarcastically said.

I glared at him, "Don't look at me that way! You're the one who caused this. It's called watching the road!"

He breathed heavily before grabbing his phone and stepped back, slamming the door shut. He walked away, holding the phone up trying to look for higher signal. I sat up in the passenger side, waiting. We were in the dark backway woods. Not allot of cars drove by, none stopping to help. We had taken a different way than the bus took.

After fifteen minutes of searching Ulric cried in frustration, "Stupid useless phone!" He walked over to the passenger side and grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of the truck. "We need to walk at least out away from the woods closer towards the town. My phone battery dying but should last to make it. Tasia only five miles away, we'll be there in no time."

I pulled away, "Just run to town and call. It'll be faster than us walking."

"I'm not gonna leave you out here." he said.

I rolled my eyes as I looked away and glared at the black road, "You don't need to worry about me."

"Well I do." he said. He grabbed my arm, pulling me forward, "Come on."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 390 7
This is the sample. First five chapters only. To read more, please support me by purchasing my eBook. Angela is sarcastic, a bit of a drama queen b...
21.6K 1.6K 17
THIRD PLACE IN HISTORICAL FICTION - 2020 SOAP AWARDS With nothing to remain for or even forget, Allison Bleeker listened eagerly to the descriptions...
10.4M 370K 67
‶Your little mate, what is she like?″ ‶She's wild, but all the best flowers are.″ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ No one has ever seen Alpha Cedric...
35.2M 889K 30
COMPLETED Two teenagers, a party and the unmistakeable mate pull, but what happens when it follows with a steamy night and a rejection the next day...