Breaking the Habit//Gratsu

By wxlfclaws

Who knew it would have been Natsu Dragneel to get into drugs? ---------- Started: 08/14/15 Ended: 09/24/16 ©... More

00
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
ありがとう
良いニュース

01

3.3K 128 112
By wxlfclaws

A/n: Above that is a picture of how Natsu's hair will look like in the story (credits to zippi44 on Tumblr you guys should check that blog out).

Edit (25/06/16): The first couple of chapters are written very poorly in my opinion. I hope you guys can overlook that for awhile because they certainly get written much better later on.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?"

  ◇◇◇◇◇◇◇ 

Normal point of view:

Zeref was trying to find a parking space while Natsu was listening to a song of the alternative genre.

The school was huge, on top of that there were separate buildings dividing the male and female dorms.

When he parked Natsu got out of the black car and opened the trunk. Wendy grabbed her suitcase first then he grabbed his. They followed behind Zeref into the school grounds. Natsu got some strange looks along the way, it's not every day you see a pink haired guy entering a prep school.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"So these are your siblings..." The midget who Natsu believed to be the principal spoke.

"Are we getting our uniforms soon since school starts tomorrow," Wendy asked.

"Yeah here let me get them," He handed them a box each which consisted of uniforms that match any type of weather. From the white short sleeves to long sleeves, black cotton vest, the black blazer, pants and plaid tie along with gym uniforms.

Natsu was glad the uniforms were black. Wendy got the same, but the difference was that she got a skirt.

In the box had their dorm number.

"I forgot to mention, but you'll be having roommates and school begins at 8:30 sharp, so make sure to pick up your schedule tomorrow before then," Makarov added.

Suddenly the door opened, in came a busty red haired girl with a tall blue headed dude that seemed very familiar. "The student council president and vice Jellal and Erza will escort you both to your dorms." The principal announced.

"Did you just say Erza and Jellal?" Natsu proclaimed quietly in shock.

"Natsu? Is that you?" Jellal pointed out.

Just when Natsu was about to speak he was tackled to the ground. "I haven't seen you in forever, I can't believe it!" Ezra said squishing his cheeks.

"Could you get off me?" He grunted in a rude manner. Not that he intended for his voice to sound that way. When she got off him there was tension in the air. "W-well Natsu how about we head to your dorm now, and Erza shows Wendy to hers," Jellal stated.

They walked out of the school and went toward the buildings right beside it.

The buildings to the left were the boys and the right buildings were the girls. They entered the left building in silence. Natsu didn't tell Jellal his dorm number, but he noticed he already knew when they stopped in front of a door.

"Here's your dorm room 203," The blue haired teen knocked on the door but nobody answered. "It seems they aren't here at the moment, so I'll give you the key." He clarified giving it to Natsu.

"Mind telling me who my roommates are?" The transfer insisted while opening the door.

"Rouge, Lyon, and Gajeel," Jellal told him.

"Pff, them? This is going to be a long year. A Fullbuster, an iron freak and a guy who has an obsession with Sting. Just great." Natsu rolled his eyes.

The dorm looked pretty spacious since it was meant for 4 people. Natsu walked past the kitchen to see a door that had Lyon's name on it. To the right another door held a sign 'New roommate'.

A bed, drawers, closet, mirror, an office desk, and a chair. He put the box that had his uniform on the bed and his suitcase to the far end of the room.

Natsu pulled out his phone to check the time and it read 1:23 in the afternoon. Since it was Sunday his shift at the bookstore started at 1:45 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. He left the with his phone, wallet, and keys. He proceeded to his job on foot which took nearly 30 minutes. When he got there he greeted the manager and went to the lockers.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

After taking Wendy to her dorm, Erza headed out to hers which wasn't too far from Wendy's.

One thing that kept bothering Erza was the change in Natsu. Years could change you a lot if you let it get to you. She wanted to ask his sister about, yet it might be too personal and sudden considering they haven't talked in years.

When she entered the dorm Gray and Sting were with her roommates Lucy and Mirajane.

"How did it go with the transfer students?" Mira asked her with an interested look.

"You guys won't believe who the transfers are," Erza said with a smirk.

"Who?" They all spoke in unison.

"Wendy and Natsu" The room went silent.

"P-pinkie is back?" Gray stuttered in shock.

"Natsu's here?" Lucy asked.

"That bastard, I can't believe he didn't tell his own family that he's back!" Sting yelled.

"I can't wait to see him, did he get taller?" Mirajane squeaked.

Just the reactions Erza was expecting.

"Yes, yes, yes and yes" She answered in one sentence.

"But he seemed different and it wasn't only appearance wise" She stated.

"How, though?" Lucy inquired.

"His personality wasn't the same, it wasn't as cheery as before," Erza mumbled. Gray and Lucy gave her a confused looked while Sting kept quiet.

"Maybe Lisanna would know something," Mirajane concluded.

"Lisanna?" Sting asked curiously.

"A few years back when my siblings and I stayed in Crocus for a year Natsu and her dated, but I guess it didn't work out," She told him.

"But would he really act differently because of a breakup?" Erza mumbled to herself.

"We should go check on him, plus don't you guys remember the reason he moved? That could also be why he seemed to be like that." Gray claimed.

"I think we should let him settle first. Tomorrow is the first day back so eventually we'll see him," Sting said rather quickly.

"Anyways I'll see you guys later." He waved then left.

'I think there might be more as to why Natsu was acting differently.' Erza thought

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Natsu's shift was about to end in a few minutes, today there wasn't many customers. The weekdays were always busier than the weekends.

Soon enough somebody walked through the door. It was an average height teenaged boy with orange hair. He walked over to Natsu with a grin on his face. "Can you show me where the hentai manga is?" He ordered.

"The sign for manga and such is near Magnolia's best sellers. The genre you're searching for should be seen there." Natsu pointed out.

"Can you show me..." He paused to see his name tag. "Natsuuu." The teen sang. Natsu sighed and lead the way to the manga section.

"Here you go this is the place,"

He grabbed Natsu's face and started caressing it. "The name's Loke, wanna give me your digits?" This Loke guy inquired and Natsu slapped his hand away.

"How about you don't fucking touch me, and purchase your damn manga you pervert!" He said loudly.

"Ehh, so you're the feisty type," Loke grinned even more.

Natsu walked to the cashier waiting for him to buy his manga. When he came he held three volumes of some hardcore hentai. Natsu could tell just by how the covers looked. He scanned them, "That would be $25.00."

Loke handed the exact amount of money. Natsu put his porn in a bag and gave him the receipt.

"See you around, pretty boy." The pervert winked at Natsu and left. It was finally closing time.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Natsu was meeting up with Macbeth at an alleyway near an old restaurant called Eclipse Gate.

He waited a couple minutes, but he still had yet to show up. Natsu waited for more than an hour.

'Just a little more.'

He finally arrived wearing a gray hoodie.

"You're late aren't you the one who picked the time?" Natsu snapped irritatedly.

"I had things to do, you are not the only customer Crimson Blade," Macbeth put a bag with the usual substance in Natsu's hand.

"Hand over forty five,"

Natsu took out his wallet and gave the money to him. He started to walk back to the dorms.

Once again nobody was in the dorm and he really craved the heroin at the moment. He went to his room and opened his suitcase to find his needles then he put the drug in one of them.

He rolled up his sleeve and injected the heroin into his bloodstream. He started with his dominant arm. He was so lost in the feeling he hadn't realized how much he injected. He shoved the needles and the bag of drugs under his bed.

Tingling flooded through his skin.

He felt as if he was on cloud nine.

He giggled and span around in his room as a smile stretched on his face.

He didn't recall any of his worries. His shoulders were the lightest they ever been.

Natsu craved that feeling every day, but sometimes he injected himself even if nothing had happened. He just needed an escape from reality for awhile.

No matter if it wore off.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Sting was really eager to see his cousin knowing that he was back in Magnolia and he hasn't seen him in person since his uncle died. He asked Jellal if he knew his dorm number, and he gave it to him. As he got closer to Natsu's dorm, he saw Gajeel, Rouge, and Lyon heading there too.

"Hey Sting, what are you doing here?" Rouge asked him.

"I'm going to 203," He said only to realized that their dorm number was 203 as well.

"Wait were at 203," Lyon said confused.

"Did you guys hear about the transfer?" Sting asked.

"He is supposed to move into our dorm," Gajeel said nonchalantly.

"That transfer is Natsu. I heard from Erza," Sting revealed.

"What?!" The three shouted.

"He didn't say anything about coming back." Gajeel rolled up his fist.

Lyon took his key out and opened the door. They all headed towards the room that should have by now been taken over by the new occupant. When Rouge opened the door Natsu was fast asleep on the bed. His hair was in every direction possible.

"I guess we have to wait until tomorrow," Sting said with a small smile knowing Natsu was finally back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 49K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...
43.4K 1.2K 28
Till this day I still reget that I didn't tell him about my feelings.. Now he has somone else.. He is gone.. I don't know how much longer I can take...
1.8M 116K 39
*COMPLETED* (27.12.2020) "What about you?" Parker asked. "I don't think I'm capable of love," I answered. "Did you get your heart broken?" He smirke...
167 16 4
When Sting tells Natsu that one of his friends from school is going to be joining their weekly Dungeons & Dragons game, Natsu isn't impressed - their...