Sunkissed | Joshifer

By rossness

The ultimate legacy to leave behind is someone who will love you forever. That could be the case here, but Je... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 32

4.5K 156 167
By rossness

I watch as Foster disappears among the many faces in the crowd. I should go after him. I didn't expect Josh to announce that I was his girlfriend right then and there. I wasn't prepared myself, so I can't imagine how Foster must've felt. Sam seemed okay, but I wanted to tell Foster in a calmer environment. Moments pass and my chance to go after Foster is gone once I see he has completely gone within the crowd.

"Jen?" I turn and see Josh walking towards me. I walk into his arms and he wraps around my back and shoulders. "Is something wrong?"

"I just feel bad," I trail, "for Foster." I say quietly. I look to Josh and he sighs.

"He'll get over it, trust me." He says releasing me with a soft rub against my shoulder with his hand.

"I know.. I don't think he handled it very well, that's all," I shrug. "I'm okay though."

"And that's all I care about." He gives me a smile of reassurance. "Come on, let's go downstairs."

Josh holds onto my hand as he guides me down the hall back toward the staircase. I take one last glance behind me in hopes of catching sight of Foster, but it's no use. I follow as Josh leads down the stairs to the main floor. I push past a few bodies, but Josh holds tightly onto my hand. I notice that there aren't as many people as there had been an hour ago. We walk into the dining and kitchen area, and I spot Sam trying to find a potential snack in the fridge.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask leaning against the refrigerator door as Sam looks on.

"I'm hungry," He frowns.

"Why don't you just eat some pizza?" Josh suggests.

"I was going to, but Foster took the last box before I could get to it. The next delivery won't be until half an hour." Sam frowns.

"The whole box?" Josh widens his eyes with small laugh.

"Yeah man, I was like what the hell!" Sam shakes his head in agreement with Josh.

"Did he look mad?" I ask nonchalantly.

"I wasn't really paying attention. He just took the box before leaving out the back door with Naomi." Sam shrugs as he pulls out a bag of baby carrots from the fridge.

"At least he isn't alone." Josh shrugs.

"Yeah, I guess so." I finish.

"What, did you want to talk to him?" Sam asks before closing the fridge.

"No, I was just worried about him."

"Yeah alright," Sam sighs before shoving two carrots into his mouth.

"I'm bored," Josh sighs.

"I thought the Hutchersons were supposed to be party animals," Sam exaggerates and I laugh.

"Very funny," Josh rolls his eyes. "What do you wanna do?" he directs his attention to me.

"I don't care. I honestly just want this to be over soon," I answer truthfully. I catch sight of Lachlan whispering to some girls and I immediately drop my head in hopes it will hide me in some way.

"You want to go for a walk?" He asks leaning against the counter on his elbows.

"To where?" I ask with a smile.

"Doesn't matter," he shrugs. "I just wanna get you outta here." He says grabbing a hold of my hand and kissing the back of my hand.

"Alright let's go," I smile, hopping off the counter. "You want to come, Sam?"

"And miss the pizza guy?" He frowns. I laugh and shake my head.

"I'll see you later," I smile to him.

"Text me if you need anything," He says with a half-smile.

Josh and I walk side-by-side out of the kitchen and to the front door. People scatter across the large front lawn. The gazeebo is completely taken over by drunk party-goers and there are various stains and red cups littered on the long drive way. Josh and I walk to down the driveway, avoiding as many people as we can.

"Is this the first time you've left a party early?" I tease him.

"Shut up," he laughs as we reach the sidewalk. "And no it's not."

"Why'd you want to leave anyways?" I ask him.

"Because you didn't want to stay," he shrugs. "If you weren't having a good time, then neither was I." I blush, but realize there's no need to do such a thing around him anymore. He's my boyfriend. Josh Hutcherson is my boyfriend.

"Well thank you," I take his hand and lean my head against his shoulder. "I was afraid Lachlan might've tried to fight me or something."

"Don't worry about her. Lachlan can be okay, she's just a little jealous sometimes," he laughs.

"Sometimes?" I raise an eyebrow.

"It was just all bad timing," he trails off. I keep forgetting that Josh has known her for most of his life, and she's not just any other girl. They were friends before this and will probably stay friends.

"I know, I'm sorry.. Everything was just kind of a mess tonight." I sigh, raising my head.

"Hey, you still got me. And Sam and Foster," he tries to reassure me.

"Probably only you and Sam," I roll my eyes.

"Hey, Foster might be stubborn now, but he'll get over it. He likes you way too much to actually stay mad at you," Josh almost laughs.

We continue walking down the street of expensive houses and other properties. I can't help but wonder what Foster is up to now. Probably eating pizza and making out with Naomi under a tree in the backyard or something. I shouldn't care, but I feel bad for him. He was right about everything he said. I should've told him earlier instead of him finding out in the heat of the moment. I'm better than that. We're better than that. I value our friendship just as much as mine and Sam's. I have to find time to talk to him.

"What if I bought a house here?" Josh interrupts my thoughts.

"Do you want a house here?" I ask with a smile.

"Maybe. Would you visit me if I did?" He looks to me.

"Of course. As long as I get my own room," I smile again.

"Yeah right, more like us having a room together," he laughs before kissing my lips. We continue walking down the street until we reach a cul-de-sac and have to turn back around.

"I should've just asked you out the first time I saw you." Josh reflects.

"You mean when you ran me over on the beach?" I remind him with a laugh.

"Okay, I know my timing wasn't exactly the best, but don't lie you thought I was hot," he laughs.

"Oh you wish, more like the other way around," I tease him.

"Yeah whatever," he drops his head with a smirk, assuring me that I'm right. "You always look great." He kisses the side of my head.

"So why didn't you?" I ask him.

"Why didn't I what?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Ask me out. I mean not the first time we met, but like after that. Like when you kissed me in your kitchen," I laugh.

"I guess time just wasn't on our side," he shrugs with a laugh. "But it's worth it now. You're finally my girl." He kisses my head again. "Plus everyone thought you were into Sam." He admits with a laugh.

"You're joking," I laugh at him.

"Well you do spend a lot of time together.." He trails with a smile. "Oh my gosh, you're cheating on me with Sam!" He fakes his agony. I roll my eyes at him before he laughs it off. "Oh I'm just kidding." He smiles

"I know.. Everyone always thinks I like Sam." I sigh.

"I don't think that," he gives me another cheeky smile. I laugh before kissing his mouth.
"I would hope not," I smile again.

We continue walking until we reach the house and walk back up the long driveway. A few cars have left the front, but the music still seems to be alive and loud. I let go of Josh in fear of Foster or Lachlan seeing us as we walk into the house. There's fewer people in the house, but the ill feeling of caution resides in my chest.

"Do want a water or anything?" Josh asks as we walk further in the house towards the kitchen.

"No, I'm okay. I'm going to go upstairs to the bathroom, alright?" I say nodding to him.

"Okay, I'll be here," he smiles to me before walking into the kitchen. I stray away from him and walk up the stairs to the second floor. I enter my room and lock the door behind me. I flip the light switch on, but am startled when I see a groaning Foster turning over on top of my bed.

"Foster Hutcherson," I say sternly to get his attention.

"My name is not Fuster," he crinkles his nose at me.

"I didn't call you 'Fuster'. What are you doing in here?" I ask walking toward the bed and stopping a foot away.

"Shh, I'm trying to sleep." He shakes his bed before resting his head on my pillow again.

"Then go sleep in your own room," I tug at the sheets beneath him.

"Carry me?" He groans.

"Are you drunk, Foster?" I ask, taking a closer look at him.

"More like buzzed. It's only been like half an hour since I last saw you, how could I be drunk?" He laughs.

"Why are you in my room?" I fold my arms.

"I missed you," he frowns with his eyes still closed.

"Okay, why are you actually here?" I roll my eyes.

"The other bathrooms were taken, and yours is only accessible through your bedroom." He sighs. "And I just didn't feel like going back out."

"Join the club," I sigh. "You can't stay here the whole night, Foster. I need somewhere to sleep too."

"And I'll leave when I'm ready," he pouts.

"Foster," I say sternly. He sits up and squints his eyes at me.

"Fine. Where'd you disappear to anyways?" He asks rubbing his head.

"More like where did you run off to. Sam said you grabbed a whole pizza and left." I almost laugh.

"I ate pizza with Naomi out in the lawn. We just chilled," he shrugs.

"Oh okay," I nod.

"Why, were you wondering?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"What? No, I mean.. I was just worried about you."

"Why?" He squints. "You think I can't handle the fact you're dating my brother?" He laughs. At least he's lightened up about the situation. Or maybe I was just overreacting in the first place.

"No, I just- I didn't want you to find out that way. I didn't even know myself what to make of me and Josh. I'm sorry," I tell him sincerely.

"Jen, it's okay. You're still my favorite girl, don't worry," he laughs.

"I thought Naomi was," I raise an eyebrow with a smirk. He gives me a quizzical look, but his mouth turns into a smirk as well.

"You're my favorite girl from North Carolina," He retraces his words. We sit in comfortable silence for a few more moments before I decide to bring back the conversation.

"But you're sure you're alright?"

"Jennifer Lawrence, stop your worrying!" He laughs. "I'm fine, I've been fine this whole night." He says finally standing from the bed. "Why don't you go to bed soon, you look pretty tired."

"Well I was going to use the bathroom, but then I found you in here," I laugh.

"Oh my bad," he scratches the back on his head. "I'll send Josh up. I'll see you in the morning," He opens his arms for a hug and I happily take them in. I feel him rest his head on the top of mine. Foster is the epitome of great friends.

"Thank you," I say into him.

"No problem, you need anything else?" He asks before finally parting from me and walking to the door.

"I'm okay," I smile. "I'm happy."

"That's what I like to hear," He gives me a smile before exiting my room.

•••

There's a knock on my door as soon as I sit in bed all done up in my pajamas.

"Who is it?" I ask making sure it isn't some ominous party-goer.

"Unlock the door, Jen," Josh laughs from the other side. I smile and stand from the bed to open the door for him. I open it and he's changed into sweat pants and a white t-shirt. He closes the door behind him and greets me with a kiss. "I was waiting for you to come back downstairs. Foster said you're already heading to bed?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired. It's been a long day," I say falling back onto the mattress.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" He asks sitting down on the bed next to me.

"Is that appropriate?" I fake frown at him, but he just laughs.

"It wouldn't be the first time you've fallen asleep next to me," He reminds me of Sam's party when we fell asleep in the basement.

"Are there a lot of people still here?" I asks leaning on my elbows.

"Nah, it's almost two thirty, people are heading home now," he trails off. "Can I please stay with you?" He pouts to me. I roll my eyes, but part the comforter back for him to crawl in next to me. He lays next to me on my right, already making himself comfortable in the blanket. "Why are your sheets so soft?" He says burring himself in them.

"I know right?" I say turning off the lamp before tucking myself in next to him.

"You know we could do this. Fall asleep like this with each other. You know, because you're my girlfriend and stuff," he says and I giggle.

"Yeah, thanks for reminding me," I smile to him.

"Which, did I mention, I am so lucky to have you," He says closing his eyes with a sigh.

"If anyone here is lucky, it's me," I place a hand on his cheek. He opens his eyes and leans his head so his lips meet mine only for a moment.

"Oh no, I'm definitely the lucky one," he smirks before wrapping an arm around me. He seems pretty tired and already seems to be drifting off to sleep. I contemplate saying another word, but he looks so peaceful and untouched, it'd be almost wrong to do so. Instead I leave a kiss on his forehead before we drift off to sleep, even with the music blasting from downstairs. Only Josh could make it all seem so serene.

-

-Short chapter, but I needed to upload something. It's been a rough summer. Next chapter up soon, thank you for still reading this story, I'm very, very sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
103K 3.2K 77
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
155K 4.1K 79
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1M 35K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...