Half~Cat Princess of the Unde...

By Love_countdown

She was a happy fourteen year old. She use to worry only about the money, her grades, school and sports. But... More

Half-Cat Prologue
Half-Cat Chapter One - Cat
Half-Cat Chapter Two - Turns Out True
Half-Cat Chapter Three - Talking to Cats
Half-Cat Chapter Four - In the Office
Half-Cat Chapter Five - Stay Away
Half- Cat Chapter Six - The Demon Symbol
Half-Cat Chapter Seven - Taylor (or The Gentle Kiss)
Half-Cat Chapter Eight - Forgotten
Half-Cat Chapter Nine - It's you
Half-Cat Chapter Ten - Sunday Morning
Half-Cat Chapter Eleven - My Guardian Angel
Half-Cat - Chapter Twelve - Zakary
Half-Cat Chapter Thirteen - What is it that you want?
Half-Cat Chapter Fourteen - What?
Half-Cat Chapter Fifteen - Jake's Wings
Half-Cat Chapter Sixteen - Midnight Alone
Half-Cat Chapter Seventeen - Nolan's Dare
Half-Cat Chapter eighteen - Nolan's Warning
Half-Cat Chapter Nineteen - What should I feel?
Half-Cat Chapter Twenty One - The Promise to the Underworld
Half-Cat Chapter Twenty two - The Plan to the Underworld
Half-Cat Chapter Twenty Three - Fifth Period, Taylor's Catastrophe
Half-Cat Chapter Twenty Four - Speed
Half-cat Chapter Twenty Five Blow on Azusa gently
Half~Cat Chapter Twenty Six The Fun House
Half-Cat Chapter Twenty Seven - Awesome
Half-Cat Chapter Twenty Eight - The Arcade's Mr. Puppet
Half-Cat Chapter Twenty Nine - Horrible World
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty - How are you a Protector?
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty One - The Lying Explanation
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty Two - Love?
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty Three - Anybody Is Everybody
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty Four - A New Start
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty Five - It's Angela, Not Princess
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty Six - Might've
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty Seven - Mixed Signals
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty Eight - Wet Hair
Half-Cat Chapter Thirty Nine - Parents
Half-Cat Chapter Fourty - Love Nonagon
Half-Cat Chapter Fourty One - Cat DNA
Half-Cat Chapter Forty Two - The Dreaming
Half-Cat Chapter Forty Three - Friday, Tutor
Half-Cat Chapter Forty four - Zak's flashback
Half-Cat Chapter Forty Five - Seduce
Half-Cat Chapter Forty Six - Taken Pain
Half-Cat Chapter Forty Seven - Truth
Half-Cat Chapter Forty Eight - Jared's Dwelling
Half-Cat Chapter Forty-Nine (Part One) - Playing twenty questions
Half-Cat Chapter Forty-Nine (Part Two) - Liam
Half-Cat Chapter Fifty - That
Half-Cat Chapter Fifty-One - Zaki
Half-Cat Chapter Fifty-Two - Updates
Half-Cat Chapter Fifty-Three
Half-Cat Chapter Fifty Four - This Is It
Half-Cat Chapter Fifty Five - Poor side of the Underworld
Half~Cat Chapter Fifty Six - Queen Letica
Half-Cat Chapter Fifty Seven - Expect the Unexpected
Half~Cat Chapter Fifty Eight - Angela
Half-Cat Chapter Fifty Nine - Explain Why, Exactly
Half-Cat Chapter Sixty - I love you
Half-Cat Chapter Sixty-one - Escapees

Half-Cat Chapter Twenty - Meeting Melissa

1.4K 10 4
By Love_countdown

Chapter Twenty - Meeting Melissa

It was cool outside. There was a gentle breeze. I was under a blossom cherry tree with Drew. We were standing across from eachother. He had a bored look on his face.

"Angela... I... don't think this will will work out. You and me weren't meant to be. We never were. Look, I see you as a friend, nothing else. I'm... sorry." Drew looked away unsure, hurt and angry.

I was like that inside, but on the outside, I laughed. "That's okay. I moved on anyways."

Drew looked at me and smiled. "Okay." He put his hands in his pockets. "See ya," he said. He walked away. :See ya." I whispered.

I watched him walked. He didn't look back. He didn't stop. He kept on walking.

I started laughing. My laugh hurted. But I laughed like I just heard the funniest thing in the world, but I didn't. Water came out from my eyes from laughing to much. But then I realized, I was crying. I was crying but it sounded like a laugh. Like I was laughing at myself cry.

I shook my head. "No... no... this can't happen. Not to me. Not now... Not ever..." I was still laughing as tears fell from eyes like a waterfall. I murmured his name. His full name. First and last. It was followed by a 'he doesn't love me".

I sat on the ground, waiting for him to come back. I pulled out grass and dirt. Chunks of it. Drew! Drew! Drew! Don't leave me like this!

I found myself in my bed, trembling. My pillows and blankets were scattered all over the bed. My eyes were wet. I was crying. I sat up in bed and wiped my tears. Why was I dreaming that? It hurts! That hurts! D-did I really like him that much?

I coughed. "Nah... I never did liked him." I said out loud. I know I did, but I'll never admit. Never. Even there's proof out there, I'll make up an excuse for it.

I stretched and put on my glasses. I looked at the clock and cursed. Five minutes until the bus came.

I'm so stupid for not taking a shower last night. I'm so stupid for sleeping in. I'm stupid for not washing my clothes. What do you think you'll get done? I said in my head. 

I put on my blue jeans with one of my sister's shirts. I put on one big sock and the other an ankle sock and tried to put on my track shoes on. I didn't have time to brush my hair, so I grabbed my stuff and sprinted out the door. Just as I opened the door, the bus left. I groaned. 

I went back in my room to fix myself. I changed my shirt for a see thourgh butterfly blouse with a baggy grey sweatshirt.

I went looking matching socks and wore my converse. I brushed my hair and teeth and went outside. It was raining, so I hooed my head.

I got on my driveway, and looked down the road. Then I started sprinting left.

Since I live in the country, I passed a forest. As I was running, I sensed a hurt deer. I stopped. "From the Neko Princess, I, Angela, wants to TRANSFORM!" I yelled. White light swirled around me. Next thing I know, I was in my white minidress. I started to run to start my search for the hurt deer.

I finally found the deer under a mossy tree trunk, helpless. I heldout my rod and the tree trunk dissolved. I got on my knees and lay my hands on the blood. It slowly healed. I didn't even know how I was doing this, but it was happening.

As soon as I healed it, I bowed. "Hope you're feeling better! Nyan!" Whoa. Did I just meowed? 

I ran back to the road and there was a red car in my way. I didn't heisitate and jumped on it to get over it. The rain was starting to stop, but the wind was getting stonger though.

As I got back on the ground, I ran straight and transformed back to myself.

I looked back at the car, but the road was hilled and couldn't see it. I looked in front and a dog got in my way and barked. I stopped on my tracks, well, tried to. I tripped on someone as the dog barked a maniac.

She groaned. "Watch where you're going!" she snapped. "I-I'm sorry." I said. I stood up and watched her brush herself.

Blonde hair.

Brown eyes.

Snotty voice.

"Hey, you're Melissa, right?" I asked. She laughed. "Not only you trip people, you stalk them, too." I frowned as she laughed. She checked me out and her laughing died out.

"You're... Angela..." she squinted and pointed. I nodded. "That makes you the... Neko Princess." Her vocie got firm and curious. I nodded.

Like a lighting bolt, she jumped over me and pulled out a pocket knife and held it against my neck. Her arm was across my stomach and held my right hip. "Now, you have ten seconds to explain why you kissed Zak on Monday."

I held my neck still, not wanting her knife to slit my troat. "Okay, okay. Just get that knife away and I'll tell you." I said carefully.

Melissa grinned slyly. "I'm not afraid to kill the famous Neko Princess."

Okay, okay. Let's get this straight, I didn't kiss him, he kissed me!" Snap. "Oh really?" She pushed me onto the ground. Why do I feel like the bad guy here?

She was about to stomp on my face, but I grabbed her foot and twisted out of my way. She fell but landed on all fours. "So where's Taylor? Isn't he your protector? Or was it Drew?" she asked saracastically. "It is Drew, isn't  it?"

Melissa stood up and got in my face. "Stay with one guy, you slut." Okay, I'm not a slut. What would a girl do when the four, er, five, cutest guys want you and follow you?

"I'm not a slut!" I screamed. I slapped her across the face and pushed her. I got up. "You don't know my story, so don't judge me." I said firmly. 

"Hey, you're going to school, right?" she asked sweetly. "Yeah..." I said slowly. What was this chick's problem? Didn't she want to claw my face less than ten seconds ago?

"I'm transferring to your school, Monday."

"So I heard."

"So's Zak."

I didn't answer. "Please, when you see him, I- just don't like him. I- he's mine." she said with tremble in her voice. I still didn't answer. "Okay?" she snapped.

I looked back at her. "Sure thing." I smiled.

She sigh. "Good. I'm sorry about everything. I was just..." "Jealous? Don't worry, we get that feeling at least once in out life." I said. "The bad thing is that life is not a game."

"Wait, what do you mean-" I didn't wait to finish her sentence, I just ran off.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

I felt like a big moron right now 'cause of what just happened. I got on the school's driveway. I got up against a tree and looked up at it.

This tree... looks like the cherry tree I was standing by when Drew told me he doesn't like me. I puffed hard. I tried to keep my tears in, but it lead out. I punched the tree over and over and over again. I wanted to burn this tree, break it. I want it gone.

I stopped and got on my knees and cried. This isn't the tree though, but it looks like it. The stupid, 'Drew doesn't like me,' line ran through my head again. I'm unfaithful. I'm stupid! I'm a stupid girl with no life!

But the thing I'm missing is love. I need love. It's my cure, medinice, drug. 

I'm glad the school is still closed and no one is around. 

Then I heard a cat cry. I got up and wiped the tears off my face. I stood still to hear it again.

I tracked the cry from back of the school. But I didn't see anything.

Soon the grass grew and held my feet and hands. 

Three guys about the boys age went up to me. The middle one smiled. I trembled noticably as he said, "Trapped."

Ooh? Have we meet Melissa? Why did your attitute change right away? Will Angela keep her promise? And who are these new guys???

Song: Exit Trance - Sprinter

Picture: Melissa. (And I didn't have to look too long to find a perfect picture of her.) :)

To tell you the truth guys: I don't want Half-Cat to end. I'm having fun writing this and making it hard for Angela to choose. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 5.8K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
103K 3.3K 36
Four years ago, a 13-year-old blackmailed me into friendship by holding my doughnut captive. We've been close ever since. I soon noticed that I wante...
34.7K 718 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...
500K 13.4K 45
She has a boyfriend. She's beautiful and I can't take my eyes off her. But she has a boyfriend. And her boyfriend is one of my "friends" ~~~~ I have...