The Dark Lord's Daughter [FW...

By super_awkward_girl

Vanessa Redwood spent the first ten years of her life as a muggle, but during the summer holidays of her elev... More

Quiditch World Cup
The Redwoods and the Train
The Feast
Dumbledore's Speech
First Day of Classes
The Meeting
Charms Class
A Trip to the Hospital Wing
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Pranking Filch
Tournament Champions
Dragons and Dumbledore
Redwood or Riddle?
Dream or Nightmare?
Word Gets Out
Meeting Diggory
Angelina
Dance Partner
Hogsmeade
The Yule Ball
Christmas
Note
The Second Task
Unforgivable Curse
Back to Normal?
Birth Marks and Lemon Drops
The Return of the Dark Lord
A Friend's Funeral
Note

Detentions

677 23 3
By super_awkward_girl

AN: Starting now, I will be writing in the perspectives of people other than Vanessa.

VANESSA'S POV:

"Make sure you polish every inch!" Filch instructs, inspecting a trophy that I had finished polishing only moments ago.

I let a sigh escape my lips. Detention is bad enough already, but add Filch, who loves punishing children, into the equation, that's when it becomes torture. Fred and George are scrubbing the floors on their hands and knees while I polish every trophy in the school.

It's been four hours already, and I'm not even half way done. The twins have scrubbed the floors in five rooms so far, I haven't seen them in hours. I have no idea how much longer we have to suffer through this, but I hope we're done soon.

*(one hour later)*

Filch finally tells us that we are free to go. It's eleven pm, and I am absolutely exhausted. Halfway to the Gryffindor common room, I collapse against a wall, my feet refuse to hold me up any longer.

"Are you ok?" Fred and George ask at the same time. They have both stopped walking.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." I say with a yawn.

"No. you're not." Fred says. He walks over to me, picks me up, and carries me to the Gryffindor common room. By the time we get there, I've fallen asleep.

FRED'S POV:

"Nessa?" I ask softly, getting no response. "She's asleep. What do I do? I can't take her to her dormitory, the stairs will turn into a slide. And I'm not just going to leave her out here."

"I don't know. Maybe wake her up?" George suggests

"No, I can't do that." I say, looking down into the face of my friend. I wish there was more between us than friendship...

"Why not?" George asks

"McKenna told me she hasn't been sleeping much lately, this could be the first time she has slept in a while." I answer

"The only other thing you could do is take her to our dorm, but there isn't an extra bed so I don't know where she would sleep except in one of our beds." George says, smiling at me mischieviously.

"That's fine. She can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the floor." I say, ignoring his suggestion.

I carry Vanessa up the stairs to our dorm, George walking next to me.

When we reach our dorm, George opens the door and I set Vanessa on my bed and pull the blankets over her. I grab a few extra blankets and pillows from the closet and set them out on the floor next to my bed.

I climb into my makeshift bed and fall asleep.

VANESSA'S POV:

My eyes flutter open momentarily, taking in my surroundings quickly before closing again. I don't know how I got here, but I'm laying in my dorm, only I didn't see Lani or McKenna... But I did see a head of short orange hair. Wait a moment...

My eyes open again, all the way this time, and I see that I'm not in my dorm at all, but in the boys dormitory. I sit up, looking around. None of the boys are up yet, and either Fred or George is on the floor. I can't tell from the angle I'm in, I can only see the back of their head.

I lay back down. How did I get here? The last thing I remember is collapsing against the wall and Fred carrying me... Oh that's right. I fell asleep in his arms, how embarassing. He must have brought me up here, not wanting to wake me. I feel a pang of guilt course through me as I realize that one of the twins gave up their bed for me.

I sit up again, this time attempting to stand, but I knock over a pillow in the process, and it lands on the sleeping twin's head. He's not sleeping anymore.

"Ness?" It's Fred who speaks to me from the floor.

"Em... Yeah?" I say, not knowing how to respond.

"You woke me up." He grumbles.

"I didn't mean to... I was just going." I turn and walk towards the dorm door as I say this.

"Wait!" He says. I turn around and walk back to him.

"What?" I ask.

In response, he throws the pillow at me and it hits me in the face. A grin spreads across my face and I toss it back at him, picking up another for myself. In a second, he's up and we are having a pillow fight in the middle of the dorm.

"I'm trying to sleep..." George groans, putting his head under his pillow.

"Hey she started it!" Fred says, pointing a finger at me.

I open my mouth to argue, but I don't get the chance to because all of a sudden, I'm being pelted with pillows from around the room. The other boys in the dorm have all chosen this moment to sit up and throw their pillows at me, thinking I'm the reason they're all up so early. Fred, of course, finds this hilarious, especially because he's the one that started the pillow fight.

"I'll get you back Fred." I say calmly. Fred, who was probably expecting me to yell at him, looks surprised but nevertheless, he only smiles.

I roll my eyes and leave the dorm. I walk down the stairs to the common room where I find Lani and McKenna looking for me.

"What were you doing up there?" McKenna asks, raising her eyebrow at me.

"I passed out after detention and the twins carried me to their dorm." I say. Although I've said this calmly, Lani and McKenna seem to explode, jumping up and down, and asking a million questions.

"Who was it that carried you?"

"Where did you sleep?"

"What exactly happened?"

"Calm down guys, it's not a big deal. Fred carried me, I slept in his bed..." Lani and McKenna squeal, "Calm down! Fred slept on the floor. Can we please just go up to the dorm? I'll tell you whatever you want to know there."

Lani and McKenna nod aggressively and pretty much drag me up the stairs to the dorm. Once we have closed the door to the dorm behind us, they start asking questions again, luckily, Angelina and Katie are nowhere to be found.

"Wait, didn't I tell you it looked like he was flirting with her the other day?" McKenna says, elbowing Lani.

"Who?" I ask, clueless.

"Fred!" They say at the same time.

"Guys, Fred is one of my best friends, nothing more. Now will you let me get dressed? Breakfast is starting soon." I say. It's only 6:30am and I'm exhausted.

Lani and McKenna leave the dorm, and I dress in my school robes. When I'm ready, I go downstairs. I've only taken a couple steps when I'm tackled to the ground by two people. I'm laying on my stomach and I can't see my attackers, though I'm assuming Fred and George are behind this. I roll over so I'm on my back and sure enough, the twin redheads are on top of me.

"Get off!" I almost whine when I see who it is

"No thanks..." George says, looking at Fred expectantly.

"We're comfy." Fred finishes his twin's sentence once again.

"Ugh, why am I even friends with you?" I ask, they were always harassing me.

"Because we're the bestest!" They answer at the same time.

"Yes you're the bestest. Now get off." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Okay." They say, each getting off and offering me a hand.

I know exactly what they're planning on doing, so I grab each of their hands, and pull them down before they can pull me up halfway and shove me back to the ground. I stand up and run out of their reach. I'm about to go through the portrait hole with Lani and McKenna, when I see Harry, Ron and Hermione approach the twins. I stop and watch them whispering to each other. Eventually the twins look at me with puzzled expressions. Great, now two of my best friends are probably convinced that I'm working for Lord Voldemort thanks to those prats.

I bite the inside of my cheek as I turn and leave the common room with Lani and McKenna.

"What's wrong?" Lani asks.

"Nothing." I lie.

"You're lying. But you don't have to tell us if you don't want to." Lani says, seeing right through me.

"Thanks." I sigh.

When we reach the great hall, we sit far away from "the golden trio" ,aka the prats that are turning my friends against me one by one, at my request. Fred and George sit across from us when they finally come down to the great hall.

"So, what did the golden trio tell you?" I ask, annoyed.

"Nothing important." Fred says, looking down at his food.

"That's what I thought." I say, turning towards Lani and McKenna now, "I'm not hungry, I'm going to go get ready for classes."

I stand and leave the great hall, Fred and George chasing after me.

"Wait, Nessa!" George calls after me. I stop walking and turn to them.

"Don't try to explain, I already know what they told you. I'm working for Voldemort right?" I say loudly. They wince at his name, "Oh get over yourselves, it's just a name."

"Sorry. Wait, if you already knew, why did you ask?" Fred asks.

"To see if you would tell me like a good friend, who doesn't believe rumors that are based off someone's headache. You obviously believe them." I spit.

"We don't believe a word! We just didn't want you to be upset." George says.

"Good job then." I say, and with that, I turn and continue walking away from them.

*

GEORGE'S POV:

"Good job then." Vanessa turns and stalks off towards the fat lady.

"What did you do to her?" A girl says from behind us. Fred and I turn around to see Lani and McKenna watching us.

"Nothing! She's mad because Harry, Hermione, and our git of a brother tried to convince us that she's bad news because she makes Harry's scar hurt, and we didn't tell her because we didn't want her to be upset about it because it's a load of dung." I say defensively.

"But the thing is, she already knew and was trying to test us, and we didn't know." Fred says, taking the words out of my mouth.

Lani and McKenna glare at us for a while.

"She was obviously testing you, you should have known that. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go beat up your brother." McKenna says, her eyes sparkling- wait what?

"Can we help?" Freddie and I ask at the same time, our eyes lighting up.

"No." Lani says before leaving with McKenna.

*

VANESSA'S POV:

After a day full of classes, I've calmed down a bit. I think to myself about what I will say to Fred and George as I'm walking to the great hall for dinner. When I sit down next to them at the Gryffindor table, I immediately apologize.

"I'm sorry guys, it's just really annoying that people who I thought were my friends think that I'm somehow associated with... you-know-who." I say, not saying the name for fear of people freaking out.

"It's fine it's probably stressful." Fred says

"Yeah. Speaking of stressful, we have detention again tonight." I say

"Yes, McGonagall asked for us tonight though, thank heavens." George says.

"I'll take her over Fitch any d-" At this moment, Harry, Ron, and Hermione sit down across from us, and I stop talking.

There's an awkward silence for a while, so I turn my attention to my food.

"So, Vanessa... murdered anyone lately?" Ron asks as I'm taking a bite of salad.

I drop my fork and choke on the food that's halfway down my throat. I take a few moments to catch my breath and take in his words, in this time, Fred slaps his younger brother upside the head.

"I can't believe you would think that when I've known you for four years!" I say when I can breathe again.

"Well... We did know Quirrel for two years, and he was hiding you-know- who under his turban." George points out.

"You're not helping." I say while elbowing him under the table.

"Sorry" he mutters

"Well if you're not working with him, then explain to me why my scar hurts whenever you're around." Harry pipes up.

"Okay, I'll explain. You are always complaining that your scar hurts, so either, the boy who lived is the boy who lied or you just get frequent headaches and you think Voldemort is communicating with you." I say. Harry is the only one who doesn't wince when I say the Dark Lord's name.

"I'm not lying, and I know I'm not just having headaches, but it doesn't really matter. I've been talking to Dumbledore about how my scar hurts whenever you're around, and he says he'll need to talk to you soon, just so you know." Harry answers calmly.

"Well when that happens, I'll be sure to tell him that I'm a deatheater, and that you knew it all along." I say extremely sarcastically. After that, I stand and leave the great hall. I'm almost to the door, when I hear Ron say 'we told you'. Doesn't he know what sarcasm is?

I go back to the common room for a few minutes before I have to go to detention. I leave the common room when dinner is over and head to McGonagall's classroom, the boys get there a few minutes after me.

"Alright. You each have an hour detention tonight. Mr. Weasley..." McGonagall starts but is cut off by the twins.

"Yes?" They say at the same time.

"Mr. Fred Weasley, you will be cleaning blackboard and erasers, and Miss. Redwood and the other Mr. Weasley will be sorting files for me." McGonagall continues, unamused.

*

After a long hour of going through and sorting files, without magic, our detention is finally over for today. We walk back to the Gryffindor common room together. This time, I manage to stay awake, though I am very tired. When we get there, we each go to our respected dorms. I take a quick shower and change into some pajamas before climbing into bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.

AN: Here it is! New chapter, I hope you like it. From now on, I will try to update every Wednesday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 44.1K 104
Y/n Riddle. Daughter of the Dark Lord. However, nobody knows. Well, until sixth year when she gets paired up with a new Death Eater, Draco Malfoy. ...
17.7K 751 62
Things that Audra cares about: Fred. George. Her potions. Her dog. Her two other best friends, Clary and Emmeline, who are completely in love wit...
82K 1.3K 44
Y/n lestrange is the daughter of bellatrix lestrange and rodolphus lestrange, the dark lords most trusted friends, before y/n was born and before rod...
238 18 46
*Ongoing* (SEQUEL TO UNBREAK) UNRAVEL book 6: Hogwarts was no longer safe as it once was now that Albus Dumbledore, the only wizard capable of taking...