Smother ━━ Killian Jones [Dis...

By Monrox

"In the darkness I will meet my creators and they will all agree, that I'm a suffocator." For the past tw... More

smother.
face claim.
zero; remembering
one; hugging parade
two; torches and flames
three; mad hatter's hat
four; tick tock
five; welcome back
six; like the herb
eight; pirate's flirt
nine; gold and coins
ten; mercy
eleven; moonlight's gleaming gaze
twelve; the walking dead
thirteen; sleeping curse
fourteen; thomas part one
fifteen; thomas part two
sixteen; knee deep in insanity
seventeen; the execution of the queen
eighteen; questionable impressions
nineteen; three hundred and sixty five
twenty; a shot in the heart
twenty one; a monster's redemption
twenty two; stranger danger
twenty three; a chase through new york
twenty four; family ties
twenty five; revenge at its finest
twenty six; on my deathbed
twenty seven; nowhere woman
twenty eight; what the water gave me
twenty nine; out with the old
thirty; a taste of the lash
Important Update + Final Notes

seven; chamber of hearts

10.3K 297 16
By Monrox

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Gif is of what Sage looked like in the flashback. Chapter was not edited.

  ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ 

CHAPTER SEVEN; CHAMBER OF HEARTS 

Enchanted Forest ; Before Curse

"Where is he, this wizard?" Regina continued to pester as her, Jefferson, and Sage walked down the long corridor of her castle. The queen, who walked in between the two thieves, were constantly questioning about this mythical doctor and the suppose magical process of bring back the dead. Of course, she was doubtful that this could work but she had a certain gleam of hope inside of herself that made her optimistic. "You both promised to bring him to me."

As Regina continued to inquire, the more annoyed Sage extended to be. She pinched the bridge of her nose, careful not to smudge the light amount of black eye-shadow on her eye lids. "Indeed. And off we shall go to see him. But I warn you - be cautious."

The queen paused her walking. "Why?" She asked, sudden fright falling into her eyes. "Is he dangerous?"

"Not to us. But, bear in mind, he's never been to a world like this before." Jefferson explained, placing a hand on Regina's back as the three continued. Just by the way both Jeff and Sage spoke, a clever person could tell they were great liars. Sage only hoped that Regina's naive personality would convince herself that this Doctor was going to actually bring back her dead lover. Rumple's plan had to go smoothly. "He's unfamiliar with our ways - with our magic."

"All I care about are his ways and if they will do what I require." Regina responded, making Sage roll her eyes. She could tell just by the way Regina spoke and carried herself that the young girl was given everything that life could offer. She was the queen for goodness sake's and had a pure heart that Rumple seeks to corrupt. The three stopped once they arrived at the end of the hallway.

"Well, there's only one way to find out. May I present to you...your salvation." Jefferson over-dramatically announced, making Regina glare at the him and a wide smile to twist upon Sage's pink lips. She loved that he was always dramatic about the littlest things, always playful.

They turned the corner, walking along the large outdoor hallway. Sitting on a stone bench and seemingly sketching something in front of a large pot of wild flowers was a man. Doctor Victor, the man who explored the possibilities of raising the dead from their graves.

"You're the wizard?" Regina questioned, spurning from the idea that this man was the doctor. She was probably expecting a mystical man with a long beard and pointy hat that had a wand. Anyone, even a blind man, could tell Dr. Victor was a very proper and specialized in etiquette.

The Doctor cleared his throat before throwing his journal back into his bag and standing up, facing the three who had approached him. Sage immediately noticed the yellow circle glasses that made his eyes look tiny. "I prefer Doctor," He said, taking off his Bumble-Bee glasses. "But you're welcome to call me whatever makes you comfortable."

"Very well, Doctor. You understand why you've been brought here?"

"Of course. Now..." He cleared his throat once more, packing up his bag. "Show me the patient."

Moments later, Sage found herself in a large yet vacant room with the three others. Daniel, the lover that Regina oh so desperately wished to bring back, was lying still in a beautiful glass coffin. Sage and Jeff stood closely next to each other on one end of the coffin while Dr. Victor and Regina went up the front. "It's remarkable." The Doctor stated, lifting his hand away from Daniel's forehead. "It's as if his last breath was drawn just moments ago."

"A preservation spell." Regina pointed out, stepping closer near the open space of the coffin. "Can you bring him back?"

"Perhaps. Let's take a look." Dr. Victor then opened up his leather bag and pulled out small medical instruments. Everyone curiously watched as he held Daniel's cold hand and made a small incision on his palm. He gently squeezed the cut, making the blood topple of the skin.

After the blood stained his index finger and thumb, the Doctor tapped them together, examining the blood. "It's wonderful." The Doctor whispered, now making Sage wonder how he could tell it was wonderful just by feeling and looking at the blood. "His condition is ideal. Apart from being dead, that is."

Regina looked at him with wide eyes. "Just how many times have you done this, Doctor?"

"You didn't tell her?" The Doctor responded, now looking over at the two thieves who remained quiet the entire time. Sage cursed to herself, hoping that this first-time experiment wouldn't make Regina rethink everything. Even though Dr. Victor was apart of Rumple's plan, he was still passionate about his work and told the truth about it.

As Jeff and Sage's throat went raw, Regina snapped her head at them with a widely confused expression. "Tell me? Tell me what?"

"The procedure is experimental. Success is yet to occur. But if certain conditions are met, I'm optimistic." He tried to sound convincing but failed at reassuring the queen.

"Optimistic?"

"Just hear him out." Sage pleaded in irritation, wanting this plan to go swimmingly instead of having bumps in the road.

Regina ignored her. "What kind of Charlatan are you?"

"I am no such thing." Dr. Victor disagreed, looking slightly offended. Like Sage thought before, he was rather protective over his craft. "I was told the last crucial piece of the puzzle exists in this land."

"What else do you need?"

"A heart." He said, now walking in front of the Queen. "It's a fragile organ, and I need a strong one. I've searched the far reaches of my realm for one with the fortitude to stand the shock of my procedure. None have survived. But they say in your land, there are hearts transformed by magic. Hearts made so powerful, they glow."

Telling from the look on Regina's face, Sage knew that the Queen knew exactly what the Doctor was talking about. But her eyes flickered from Daniel to the stone-dead eyes of Victor. "That's why you've come here?"

Victor nodded. "So, tell me - how do you change these hearts? How do you enchant them?"

Jefferson then spoke up, explaining the process. "Those who practice the dark arts do it by ripping the organ out of the living while it still beats."

The tight-lipped doctor hummed, looking intrigued by this brand-new information. "Mmhmm. And you can do this?"

"No."

"You assured me that this Queen was some powerful sorceress." The Doctor questioned the two thieves who had brought him here, finding that this Queen and the other two were getting on his nerves. Jeff and Sages didn't answer, instead huffing deeply while scowling, glaring with annoyance at the Doctor.

"I will not use magic for evil." Regina stubbornly claimed, sticking to her sweet and innocent morals.

As Regina and the Doctor stared at each other, Jefferson realized he would have to turn this plan around. "Well, if you want your fiance back, then you're going to have to find someone who will."

"Have I wasted my time here?" Victor questioned, zipping up his bag as if he was about to leave.

"No." Regina finally gave him with a sigh. "I know who can help us. I know where to get a heart."

Soon enough, the four found themselves in a large living room on the other side of the castle. Both Regina and the Doctor stood in front of a fireplace that had large flames lit. Sage and Jeff, on the other hand, slumped down onto a rather comfortable couch. They slouched down the cushions next to each other, bored out of their minds. This plan, Rumple's plan, was taking a hell of a lot longer to finesse than originally.

"This...was my mother's." Regina claimed, gesturing to the large fireplace in front of her.

"How sweet." Dr. Victor sarcastically muttered, growing impatient as well. "But I'm not interested in heirlooms."

The Queen looked behind her shoulder, grinning slightly. "Oh, I believe you will be. Listen."

Victor quirked an eyebrow. "To a fireplace?"

"Just listen."

Silent was brought among them and in time, the two thieves could hear faint thumping coming from the fireplace. Both of them sat up straighter, hearing the thumps becoming more and more clear to the point where it became just as loud as the fire crackling. Jeff curved his head to the side before him and Sage stood up, walking behind the two others. "Where is that coming from?"

"Her fault." Regina answered and with one flick of her hand, the fireplace transformed into an entrance, a stone stairway that led down under, into the vault. Jeff readjusted his collar before him and Sage followed the others downstairs.

Once they stepped off the last step, Sage's eyes almost bulged out of the sockets as she glanced around. The walls weren't really walls; they were slots, filled with boxes that contained beating hearts. The magenta color glowed at every beat.

"Take your pick." She announced as everyone curiously gazed at the walls and hearts.

Sage raised her eyebrows, "All these are hearts? Like actual hearts?"

Regina simply shrugged in response. "My mother was a collector."

"Who's hearts are these?" Jefferson asked with tight-lips, his wide eyes glancing around the room before landing on the back of Regina's head.

The Queen chuckled dryly. "I have no idea. I have no idea. She took so many, caused so much pain. It was impossible to keep track. She was a monster."

"That's not twisted or weird at all." Sage mumbled under her breath, scrunching up her nose. "Maybe a bit psychotic but weird, nope."

Dr. Victor then gently grasped one of the boxes and slid it out of its slot. He opened the lid and peered in, staring at the bright pink and beating heart in awe. "Finally. After all this time. It's perfect."

✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘

Enchanted Forest ; Present Time

The five women were able to subdue the lying man, tying him up against an Oak Tree with tick rope. Sage plan of interrogation was simple; threats and intimidation. It always seems to work. As Sage and Mulan knotted the ropes together, the stranger was still playing his facade, not giving them the truth. "I already told you. I'm just a blacksmith." His voice was alloyed with over-exaggerated fear. He was trying way too hard to convince the women he was scared for his life.

"Sure you are." Sage doubted before bringing her two fingers between her lips, whistling loudly. "You don't want to talk to us? Maybe, you'll talk to the ogres while they rip you limb from limb."

From the distance, there was loud stomping coming closer along with vicious growls. Ogres were coming, attracted to the loud sound Sage just made. The stranger either had no option, die or tell the truth. "Come on." Sage commanded, taking the lead as everyone else began to walk away from liar.

Aurora was hesitant, looking at the man with sympathy. "What if he's telling the truth?"

"He's not." Both Emma and Sage said together, not slowing down their pace.

"Good for you!" The man yelled, making the two leaders freeze in their tracks. The man continued to chuckle. "You bested me. I can count the amount of people who've done that on one hand."

No longer did he play the part of a poor Blacksmith, now he was showing his real self and willingly enough to tell the truth. His voice was smooth and confident, showing sternness and strength. The fake fear that once filled his eyes were gone, only showing the roughness inside of him. "That suppose to be funny?" Sage questioned, walking past the girls and towards the man.

Once she stood in front of the man, examining him with suspicion, she asked him. "Who are you?"

He let out a short huff of air. "Killian Jones, but most people have taken to call me by my more colorful moniker-" He paused, locking eyes with Sage. "Hook."

"As in Captain Hook, the pirate?" Emma asked from behind her. Sage only imagined that Captain Hook was another fairy-tale from the normal world that Emma was raised in.

"Check my satchel." Hook said, nodding his head over to his bag that Snow currently had. She dug through it until swiftly pulling out a sharp, metal Hook, like an actual hook. The brunette was assuming that this Captain used the hook as a second hand, since he didn't have his left one.

Loud growls echoed, meaning the Ogres were getting closer and closer. Sage tried not to panic, even though she knew the Ogres would be here any second. When she looked back at Killian, she saw that his jaw was clenched as he stared ahead. "You better hurry up. They're getting closer. So, unless you want to be dinner, you better start talking."

Hook silently chuckled before he began to explain. "Cora wanted me to gain your trust, so I could learn everything there is to know about your Storybrooke. She didn't want any surprises when she finally got over there."

Snow shook her head. "She can't get there. We destroyed the wardrobe."

"Ah, but the enchantment remains." Hook snared, smirking slightly. Sage somehow found herself angry at the fact that this pirate, knew something they didn't. She never like pirates, scratched that, she hated pirates for various reasons. "Cora gathered the ashes. She's going to use them to open up a portal. Now, if you'll kindly cut me loose."

"No." Mulan sternly interrupted, holding up her sword like she was prepared to fight. "We should leave him here to die. To pay for all the lives that he took."

"That was Cora, not me." He sharply stated, glaring at the warrior.

"Let's go." Emma said, giving Hook one side-glance before turning away. Once the five began to leave Hook, he panicked and yelled. "Wait, wait! You need me alive!"

"Why's that?" The blonde questioned in a bored manner.

"Because we both want the same thing - to get back to your land." Hook explained as Sage, once again, walked back up to him.

"You would say anything to save yourself." She stated. It was hard to trust a strange who lied once, let along a pirate. Then again, if Sage was in his position, she probably lie as well just to be alive. "Why are we supposed to believe you now?"

"I arranged for transport with Cora. But, seeing how resourceful you are, I'll offer you the same deal. I'll help you, if you promise to take me along."

"How are you going to help us get home?" Emma asked.

"The ashes will open a portal, but, to find your land, she needs more. There's an enchanted compass. Cora seeks it. I'll help you obtain it before she does."

Sage nodded her head, smirking as she thought about the idea. "So, Cora won't make it to Storybrooke, and we'll be one step closer to getting home."

She looked over her shoulder to see Snow shaking her head in disapproval. "Sounds to good to be true."

"There's only one way to find out." The Captain snapped back, shifting in the ropes. Another cluster of roars rocked the forest, louder than ever this time. Sage pointed her dagger at Hook, staring at him with wide, urgent eyes. "You tell me one thing, and whatever you say, I better believe it - why does Captain Hook want to go to Storybrooke?"

Hook leaned forward closer to her, wrathfulness falling upon his face as he stared at her, his blue orbs never leaving her's. "To exact revenge on the man who took my hand... Rumpelstiltskin."

✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘

Enchanted Forest ; Before Curse

The wind whistled around them, thunder clapping together in the night sky. Sage stood between the Queen and Jefferson, her anxiousness increasing as little strands of hair blew in front of her face. A large tent was set up and inside was Daniel. While the three people couldn't see inside the tent, they saw silhouettes because of the lit torches.

Dr. Victor smoothly walked out of the tent, standing in front of Regina. "The heart, your majesty."

Regina reluctantly handed the box with the beating heart over to the Doctor. Everyone could almost fell the nervousness wavering off of her along with hope that her dead lover would return. "Thank you. Now please, wait here. The procedure is one I must perform alone." He said, huddling back into his tent.

As the Doctor walked back into his tent, the three others watched carefully at the shadows and silhouettes. Regina leaned over to the two thieves. "What he doing back there? Magic?"

"He says he wields power greater than magic." Jefferson said loudly, the storming picking up. A chill ran down Sage's shoulders as she thought about what Rumpelstiltskin would do to her and Jeff if this plan didn't work.

"Really?" Regina cocked her head around, trying to get a good look at what Victor was doing even though they were just watching dark figures move. "Why won't he let us see?"

"In his land, there's much we don't understand. Or can't. If he can't achieve what you seek, Rumpelstiltskin was right. It can't be done." Sage answered. Inside the tent, the Doctor held the red heart in his hand. Taking a deep breath, she looked over at Regina and pointed at the vivid beating heart. "If he can't achieve what you seek, Rumpelstiltskin was right. It can't be done."

Just as the Doctor plunged the heart into Daniel's dead body, lighting abruptly struck down on the tent as golden sparks of electricity flew. The three frightened people outside the tent jumped at the sudden outburst. Jefferson held Sage close to him, his clutching onto her slightly shaking body, as they both stared with large eyes at the tent.

Both thunder and lighting seemed to cool down and Sage slowly pulled herself away from Jeff as Victor appeared from the tent, his face ashen. Just by the look on his face, anyone could tell that the procedure was an obvious fail but Regina cupped her hands together, looking hopefully as the Doctor walked towards them. She smiled through her tears. "Well?"

"I'm sorry." The Doctor apologized, looking at the queen with a frown. "I failed. The heart wasn't strong enough. It couldn't withstand the procedure."

All hope and aspiration fell from Regina's pale face, tears welling in her saddened eyes. Pity arose from inside Sage as she watched Regina go into the tent, mourning her now permanently dead fiance. But no matter how disgusted she was with herself for feeling this way, she did feel a shamefully small amount of satisfaction inside her heart, knowing that the plan worked and Rumpelstiltskin got what he wanted.

✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘

Enchanted Forest ; Present Time

"Up ahead. We'll find the compass just over the ridge." Hook yelled, peering behind his shoulder before he continued to move. His hands were still bound in the front and Mulan keep the tip of her sword on his back, making sure he didn't try to run. The six were all striding in a row through the forest, Hook leading them towards this magical compass.

"Do you get the feeling he's leading us exactly where Cora wants us? That this whole thing's a trap?" Mary Margaret questioned, following behind Sage and Emma.

Sage shrugged, nodding casually. "It's definitely a trap. As long as we know they're trying to play us, we can-"

"Stay one step ahead of them." She smirked, realizing the brilliant plan that Sage had come up with. Of course, it seemed like Sage was allowing Hook to live as long as he lead them to the compass. But she knew not to trust a pirate, like Hook. Then again, he should also know better not to trust a former thief like herself.

"Exactly."

All of them finally met at a hill point, stopping suddenly as they came into view of a beanstalk. It was as tall at the sky, clouds circling around the top. "Let me guess - the compass is up there?"

"Oh yeah." Hook nodded as everyone stared at the beanstalk in amazement. "It's not the climb you need to worry about. It's the giant at the top."

Sage huffed a breath of air. "Great, always wanted to meet a giant. Lets hope he's welcoming visitors."

✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘

This took way too long to write...

not edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1.6K 24
Regina has finally moved in with Robin Hood. Well, he moved in with her. With Roland and Henry, her life seems perfect. Not to mention sleeping next...
75.1K 1.6K 19
Can a princess have feelings for a pirate? The curse over Storybrooke is lifted, everyone remembers who they are again. During an unfortunate situati...
21.1K 860 19
Book 2 of the One of You series The curse has finally been broken After 28 years of living in a loop, the fairy tale characters of Storybrooke, Maine...
14K 664 30
Β°β€’A Captain Swan Fanfiction/Alternate Universe/Short Storyβ€’Β° Princess Emma was born and raised in the Enchanted Forest. She has been taught to be a h...