anthology//NHL

By hockeytrash

just a bunch of hockey imagines. requests are always open! More

1. Tyler Seguin [1/4]
Tyler Seguin [2/4]
Tyler Seguin [3/4]
Tyler Seguin [4/4]
2. Patrick Kane
3. Brandon Saad
4. Tyler Seguin
6. Tyler Seguin
7. Dylan Strome
8. Matt Duchene
9. Jamie Benn
10. Jeff Skinner

5. Tom Wilson

1.5K 13 2
By hockeytrash

This was requested on Tumblr and I'm not ready to publish part 3 yet because I feel like it's trash so here's a Tom Wilson imagine as an apology for that. I hope you like it!

***

"Babe, are you ready?" Tom asked, poking his head into the room.

I turned around and nodded hesitantly. The thought of being around the other WAGS made me nervous, I had never met any of them and I didn't know what to expect. Regardless, I took one last glance in the mirror, readjusted my jersey and walked over to Tom. "Let's go."

He took my hand in his and we walked out to his car, breaking contact to get into the car and intertwining our hands yet again as he began to drive to the Verizon Center.

We walked into the familiar arena and parted ways as he headed to the locker room and I to the stands. This wasn't my first time attending a game, I'd grown up attending Capital's games with my dad, our love for hockey being one of the many things that had made our father-daughter relationship so strong. Shortly after his passing, I met Tom and I continued to attend games with my younger brother, Ryan. He was always clad in his Ovechkin jersey and I in my Wilson one.
However tonight was different, Ryan was home sick and I would be sitting with a bunch of women who I didn't know and to be honest, intimidated me.

It wasnt hard to find the section i would be in tonight as the family of the players were the only ones in the arena. I spotted Nastya and Anastasia as well as Brandi and Erin all sitting together. I slowly made my way up to where they were sitting and felt the need to puke as they all turned to look at me. They were all dressed as if they were attending a red carpet event rather than a hockey game.

"Who are you?" Nastya asked, breaking off the conversation she had been having with Anastasia.

I forced a smile. "I'm (y/n), I'm Tom's girlfriend."

Brandi gave me a smile. "Braden told me you'd be coming tonight, its nice to meet you."

I felt a rush of relief knowing that not all of the hockey wags were as bad as they could seem at times. I felt Nastya's eyes burning into the back of my head as I introduced myself to the rest of the girls. Unless I was going insane, which I doubted, I could guarantee Nastya and Anastasia were whispering about me and my choice of attire.

I took a seat beside Brandi and made small talk whilst impatiently waiting for the game go start. Gradually, the fans started to pour into the stands and soon the players were making their way onto the ice.

***

As the boys warmed up I found myself drifting away from any and all interaction happening between the wives and girlfriends. Of course, any time Tom looked over I put on my best smile and acted like I was having the time of my life, even though I couldn't be farther from it.

The girls didn't seem to be interested in the game at all, in fact, the only time something hockey related was mentioned was when Nastya mentioned something regarding the suit Alex had worn. I on the other hand, was muttering profanities as the 3rd period came down to the last 5 minutes and the Caps were down 3-2. Somehow, they managed to pull it together and score twice.

When the sound of the buzzer rang through the stadium I sighed knowing this would mean Tom would want to go somewhere tonight. I said a quick goodbye to Brandi and sent a text to Tom as I walked out to the parking lot.

I took a seat in the car and turned on the radio, drowning out the sounds of the ambient city surrounding me. After what felt like an eternity, Tom walked out and joined me in the car.

"You are amazing tonight," I said, giving him a kiss.

"Thanks babe." He pulled out his phone and typed on it. From what I could see, he was replying to a group chat. "The guys want to go out and celebrate, are you in?"

"I'll pass but you can go."

"Everything okay?" He asked, turning to me.

I managed a smile. "I'm fine I'm just having a bit of headache. I'm not in the mood to go out."

He frowned. "You're lying."

I shook my head. "No I'm not, I don't feel well."

It seemed like he wanted to say something but if he did, he held it back, putting his hands on the steering wheel and driving away from the arena instead.

I remained silent throughout the drive home, I didn't plan on telling him about how much I didn't want to be around the other girls.

I expected him to drop me off and leave when we got home, instead he followed me in and pulled me down on the couch.

"Babe, go celebrate, I'll be fine," I said, attempting to pull away.

He tightened his grip on my wrist. "I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong."

I sighed. "I already told you, other than my headache, there's nothing wrong."

He shook his head. "(Y/n), we've been dating long enough for me to know when you're lying. Why can't you just tell me what's going on?"

I gave in and took a seat beside him. "I don't want to go out and be anywhere near the other girls. Incase you haven't noticed, I don't fit in with them."

He looked at me in confusion. "What do you mean?"

I felt anger bubbling inside of me thinking about the comments I had heard from Nastya. "Did you by any chance notice that I was the only one not wearing some ridiculously expensive outfit that could probably pay for at least a fourth of my college tuition?"

"If its because of the clothes don't worry we can go buy some tomorrow, that's not as big of a deal as you're making it seem."

"Are you serious right now? You think I'm upset about clothes? I'm upset because the reason I go to games is not to sit there and talk about what material my boyfriend's suit is, its to go support a team I love and watch a sport I love. If you expect me to act like them I...want out of this relationship."

Tom sighed. "I love you, you know that, but would it really hurt you to dress up and try to get along with them?"

I had always had a bit of a temper, so it took every last bit of self control to not slap him and walk out the door. "If that's what you want in a girlfriend I'm sorry but you're going to have to look somewhere else." I stood up and walked away, my jaw clenched and my fists balled up to the point where my knuckles had lost all color.

I slammed the bedroom door behind me and didn't bother to change out of the jersey and jeans I had been wearing before curling up underneath the duvet. Sometime after letting out my frustration in the form of tears, I drifted off to sleep.

**

I woke up in the middle of the night with a dry mouth and a sense of emptiness. I changed out of my clothes and put on some leggings and a t-shirt before making my way to the kitchen. I stopped for a second as I noticed Tom was asleep on the couch. Part of me wanted to curl up beside him as if nothing had happened.

I walked into the kitchen and turned on lights and after blinking a few times to get adjusted, I poured myself a glass of water. My stomach growled, reminding me I hadn't eaten anything since lunch. I walked over to the cupboards and looked around for something.

"(Y/N)?"

I grabbed a granola bar and turned around to face Tom. "Sorry if I woke you up." I tried to push past him but he pulled me towards him. Before I could process what was happening, his lips were on mine. The warmth of his mouth sent a current running through my body and on impulse, my arms wrapped around his neck.

I broke my lips away from his and took a step back, only to be pulled back in by Tom. He placed a kiss on my forehead. "I'm so sorry about what I said...if you don't want to hang out with them its fine."

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "I'm sorry too, I blew things out of proportion. I just felt like you wanted me to change who I was and-"

He cut me off with a kiss. "I'd have to be really stupid to ever want to change something about you." He flicked the lights off and took my hand in his, leading me back to our bedroom. He turned to me with a smirk on his face. "Is the part where we have that crazy make-up sex?"

I shook my head. "This is the part where you shut up and let me sleep because I, unlike some other people, have to go to class tomorrow."

****
lmao I have no idea what I was doing...hope you like it anyway, I'm sorry I took 70 years to write it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 146 14
imagines about hockey men 24/7. now, i'm about to make your hockey dreams come true.
872K 17.7K 197
NHL, AHL, CHL etc. Imagines. This book is finished! If you'd like to request please comment on the new book Hockey Imagines Book 2, thank you!
323K 4.3K 120
Mostly requested hockey imagines :)
242K 2.9K 57
A New York native meets a professional athlete. It's basically love at first sight. Will she let her guard down for him? Note: teams and players owne...