Relationships and Secrets

By LesbianLover2012

Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles are both 17 and in their 2nd semester of their senior year. They went into foste... More

Background Info
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2: 4 1/2 Months Later
Chapter 3: College
Chapter 3: College Part 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6: Six Months Later
Chapter 7: Celebration
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73: A Couple Months Later
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97: 2 Months Later
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101

Chapter 69

280 7 0
By LesbianLover2012

Back at BPD

Korsak: Any luck?

Maura: It would help if teachers in Massachusetts had fingerprints on file.

Korsak: I'll hop in my time machine and go back and let the Union know your preference.

Maura: W-without a name, I'm having to call up individual schools. And I'm making a list of absent teachers. And I'm pulling up footage from schools nearby to see if she wandered out of one of them. (groans) It's gonna take a while to finish it all.

Korsak: I get it. Fingerprints on file would be a lot easier. How's it coming with the music for the funeral?

Maura: Oh, I've eliminated many, many choices.

Korsak: So nowhere.

Maura: (chuckling) Basically.

Korsak: Hmm.
[chuckles]

Jane walks in.

Jane: I'm headed home.

Maura: How are you holding up?

Jane: (sighs) I'm tired.

Maura: Well, the development of the placenta is one of the most energetically intense parts of the first trimester that could be the reason.

Jane: Or it could be that one of my best friends just died.

Maura: Yes. That could be it, too. I saw him on the street today.

Jane: I'm sorry?

Maura: I mean, I didn't. (stammers) I thought I saw him on the street today.

Jane: That's called an anomalous experience. It's-it's perfectly normal.
As is crying.

Maura: How do you know I haven't cried yet?

Jane: Because you would have said, "I had a good cry and it didn't help," or something like that.

Maura: How are you doing?

Jane: I think I've moved through denial and anger. I'm ready to move into bargaining and I'll have a good cry when I get to depression.

Maura: Can't plan a cry, Jane.

Jane: I'm not planning it. I'm just narrowing down the window of its arrival. And it occurred to me today that that we need to talk about our last wishes.

Maura: No, we don't.

Jane: I want to be buried at sea.

Maura: No. I hate boats. And I'd have to go to city hall and get all kinds of permits and no, just pick something more landlocked.

Jane: Maura, I want to return to the primordial soup that spawned us all.
But nothing fancy a small group of friends and family, a cello.

Maura: We're on a boat, Jane. And a cello is officially fancy.

Jane: Well, there would only be one.
And it should play Bach's suite in "G" major. And then everyone can toast me with a nice bottle of champagne before you throw me overboard. So, what do you want?

Maura: I want to die one day before you so I don't have to go out on a boat.

(elevator bell dings)

Jane: I'll see you tomorrow.

They chuckle. Jane goes home.

At Home

Jane: Hey, Ma. What are you doing here?

Angela: Making dinner.

Jane: I really appreciate it, but, uh, I'm not that hungry.

Angela: Then you'll eat just a little bit.

Jane: I just want to go to bed, Ma.

Angela: You got to eat, Jane. Even if you're sad. Come on.

At BPD

Korsak walks into the bullpen.

Korsak: Why are you still here?

Maura: For Jane. Yeah, I figured the more progress we make, the less she'll have to worry about the case. What about you?

Korsak: Same thing.

Maura: Come on! Please?

Korsak: Okay, well, t-the next time you ask me for a favor I'll probably help you out because I'm a decent guy. But I will not be nice about it!

Maura: What's going on? Well, we didn't get anywhere with the local teachers' unions. And then it dawns on me. Maybe our woman doesn't work in the public school. So I called a bunch of private schools near Indian restaurants.

Maura: You know who she is?

Korsak: Lily Greene. Uh, she teaches at Red Tree preschool. I just have to find a judge to sign a search warrant. Maura, go home. I've got this. Go home to Jane.

Maura: Thanks, Korsak.

She goes down to the morgue to get a few things for Jane.

Leaving the Morgue

Todd: Good night, Detective Isles.

Maura: Have a good shift, Todd.

Todd: Oh, you have a nice evening, too.
Uh, Detective Isles? I-I heard about your friend. I'm sorry. I know the two of you were close.

Maura: Thank you, Todd.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 1.8K 20
As Maura is rummaging through a box of the past, she finds a photo with a note on the back. As her body floods with warmth from memories, she soon re...
137K 2.9K 39
Jane and Maura's life's changed after been in each other arms. They discover feelings that they haven't felt before. The best friends are confused, a...
43.8K 910 85
Maura Isles and Arizona Robbins are best friends. They are both in their Senior Year of high school. They are driving around after school one day and...
37.8K 579 49
I own no rights to the characters names. This is fanfic Sexual content, triggers of suicide Jane Rizzoli only has a few weeks of school left and ne...