Left for Dead (book 1 in the...

By werecoyote9653

So this is a story I wrote about a girl named Nova. She lives in a world where everyone has a supernatural po... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Sorry, not a chapter
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Not an Update
Another note, sorry!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Final Note

Chapter 26

57 6 4
By werecoyote9653

Ace says "what?"

I say "I, I need to go home."

Cecily says "are you crazy? We can't let you go with the Government putting out a manhunt for you!"

I say "I need to get Simone!"

Finn says "Nov, Simone is gonna be okay."

I say "she's already showing signs of getting her powers!"

Blaire says "so? She's an early bloomer."

I say "in my dream she was labeled a Lorem Multis! I need to get her!"

Cecily says "we'll go get her for you."

I say "no, it has to be me. She'll trust me."

She says "Nova, you can't-"

I interrupt "I'm in charge here. I'm the Super Nova. You've spent decades looking for me, and if you don't let me go and get my sister I will leave, and you'll probably never get another Super Nova."

She says "Nova, no."

I say "I am the Super Nova. If I want to go save my sister, I will go save my sister. And you're making me so mad I am three seconds away from walking out the front door."

Cecily puts her hand over the table and says "imagine the shadow from my hand expanding. Put all your anger and emotions into it."

I say "I'm not in the mood!"

She says "just do it!"

I focus on pouring all my emotions into the shadow and expanding it, and the shadow slowly grows.

Finn says "holy crap."

Cecily smiles and says "make it smaller."

I focus on making the shadow small, and it shrinks.

Ace says "did she just master another skill right before our eyes?"

Cecily says "yes. Yes she did. Umbrakinesis."

I say "I want to go save my sister."

She says "since you're doing so well you can go. But, you must bring three people with you. One of them must be an adult from this group, one must be a teenager from this group, and you can pick one of your three original friends, or not."

I say "you, Beatrix, and Finn."

She nods and says "okay, are you done eating?"

I look at Finn and Beatrix, and they both have no food left in front of them. I turn back to Cecily and nod.

She says "okay, let's go."

The three of us stand, and she leads us out of the room. Cecily leads us to a garage with three cars in it. She turns to someone who is walking into the building from the garage and says "tell the Director that Im taking Finn, Nova, and Beatrix for a while."

The person nods and leaves the room.

Cecily grabs a set of keys off a hook and turns to a red car. She says "okay, get in."

We all get into the backseat.

Cecily starts the car, and I look out the window.

After a couple of minutes, Finn says "she's gonna be alright, Nov."

He grabs my hand and says "everything's gonna be alright."

I say "I just hope she hasn't developed her powers yet. If my parents find out she's Lorem Multis then they'll send her to the Government."

Beatrix says "how old is she?"

I sigh and say "eight."

She says "and she's already showing signs of development?"

I nod.

She says "wow, that's a really early bloomer."

I nod and say "I'm just afraid of what she might be. What her powers might be."

She nods and says "I get that."

Finn says "she's eight, she can't be that dangerous."

I say "you don't know that. I'm fourteen but I could probably kill all of you in ten seconds if I wanted to."

Beatrix says "but you don't, right?"

I shake my head and say "no, of course not."

She lets out a sigh of relief.

We spend the rest of the ride in silence.

We eventually pull up in front of my house, a couple of hours later.

I sigh and open my door.

Beatrix says "you want us to come in?"

I say "yeah, sure. Cecily, you stay in the car."

She nods.

Beatrix, Finn, and I all get out of the car. I take a deep breath, and lead everyone up to the door. I ring the doorbell, and it opens a minute later. My mother was standing in the open doorway.

She says "Nova?"

I say "am I too dangerous to come save Simone's life?"

She says "what do you mean save Simone's life? She's fine."

I say "you don't want one child with multiple powers around, might as well hand over the other one now."

She says "what're you talking about?" She suddenly notices Finn and Beatrix. She says "you seriously dragged your friends into this?"

I say "Finn found me and Beatrix is from my organization."

She says "come in, you've got a lot pf explaining to do."

We all go inside and sit on the couch.

She says "one, who's this?" She points to Beatrix.

I say "that's my new friend Beatrix. She's from my organization."

She says "and what organization?"

I say "the Super Nova's. It was founded decades ago by someone named Nova, and the goal is to abolish the Government. Decades ago, Nova said that someone with the same name as herself would come along, and they'd be the strongest person alive. And said person is supposed to master the rest of the powers and bring down the Government."

She says "master the rest of the powers?"

I say "I already have Atmoskinesis, Chronokinesis, telekinesis, Photokinesis, and Umbrakinesis. I just need Electrokinesis, Cyrokinesis, and shape shifting."

She says "now what does any of this have to do with Simone?"

I say "are you familiar with the term Lorem Multis?"

She says "many powered."

I say "can you put together the rest of the puzzle?"

She say "Simone isn't Lorem Multis she doesn't even have one power yet!"

I say "they'll both come in at the same time. But right now I need to bring her to the Super Nova's before the Government finds out about her."

She says "I'm not letting you take my only remaining child away from me!"

I say "well you didn't want your other dangerous daughter hanging around! Sim is dangerous too!"

A small voice says "I'm what?"

I turn and see Simone standing in the doorway, a concerned look on her face.

I say "Sim, you need to come with me."

My mother says "no, she doesn't. She's going to stay here. Just because I can't keep you around doesn't mean I can't keep Simone."

I say "if you want your children so badly but don't want to deal with danger than have another kid. That's all I can tell you."

Simone says "what's happening?"

I say "Sim, there's something special about you."

She says "I know. I was going to tell you."

I say "when?"

She says "when you were leaving, I told you to wait. I was going to tell you."

I say "and what were you going to tell me?"

She says "it's probably be easier to just show you."

I say "Sim, what is it?"

My mother says "why wouldn't you tell anyone besides Nova?"

She says "because Nova might be the only one who can help me at this point."

I say "tell me."

She closes her eyes, and suddenly a wall of ice forms around her. Then, all of a sudden, the shadows beneath the ice disappear.

I say "Sim..."

She says "I have two powers."

Beatrix says "Umbrakinesis and Cyrokinesis."

My mother says "no, Simone not you too."

I say "you either get the danger or live with no kids. Your choice."

She says "Simone isn't as dangerous as you. At this point you have five powers. Hers is closer to normal than yours."

I say "nice to see how you treat your family."

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door.

My mother opens it, and Cecily is standing there.

She gives me a look that says stay quiet.

My mother says "you're the woman from the Government, correct?"

She nods and says "I was sent by Dexter to retrieve Nova. He thought you might be hiding her, because you're her family. And I can see her, so don't try to hide her."

My mother turns to me and says "goodbye, Nova."

I walk right past her and stand with Cecily.

She says "and the two accomplices."

Finn and Beatrix come and stand beside me.

She says "is there anyone else here with more than one power?"

She looks at Simone and says "a wall of ice. Very impressive for a child. But, the ice should be casting a shadow. Where is it?"

My mother says "she developed her Cyrokinesis and one of our friends with Umbrakinesis came over and they made shadow-less ice."

Cecily says "is that so?" She walks over to Simone, bends down to look her in the eye, and says "is that true?"

Simone looks at me, and I shake my head.

She says "no, it isn't. I'm Cyrokinetic and Umbrakinetic." She closes her eyes and the shadows from beneath the ice reappear. And then the ice disappears.

My mother says "you can't take both of my children."

She says "it's my job. You know the rules." She turns back to Simone and says "you're going to come with me."

Simone's eyes fill with fear.

I say "Sim, come here."

She runs over to me and whispers "what're we going to do?"

I whisper back "I'll explain everything in a few minutes."

Cecily says "you were hiding two Lorem Multis in your home?! I could have you killed for even having one!"

My mother says "Simone never told me and Nova just came to take Simone!"

I say "and this is why. I told you, I needed to save her."

She looks at me and says "save her, please."

I just look away, and Finn grabs my hand.

Cecily says "out of here, all of you."

We all go out to the car. Beatrix, Finn, and I all get into the backseat, and Simone sits up front.

When we start driving away Cecily says "excellent, all of you."

Finn says "at first I had no idea what you were doing."

She says "you were taking too long. It was supposed to be a rescue mission, not a Q&A session."

Simone says "where are you taking us?"

I say "Sim, don't be scared. I promise, we're alright. We're going to the Super Nova's, where-"

She says "what is that?"

Finn says "long-story short we're working to stop the Government before the Battle Royale is put into motion."

She says "Dexter is dying?"

Cecily nods and says "I've got some bad news."

Beatrix sighs and says "what else is new?"

Finn says "what is it?"

Cecily says "while you were inside Nova's parent's house, I got an e-mail. From the people designing the Battle Royale."

I say "do you know who they're going to take?"

She sighs and says "no, but remember, no one is safe. It could even be someone in this car. But, the e-mail said that they already had everyone picked, and they're going to start capturing them in less than one week."

I say "try to push it back! That's not enough time!"

She says "I can't! I called them and I tried to get them to push it back, but they said it needs to happen before Dexter dies!"

I say "I have a week to learn two more powers, make a plan to bring down the whole Government, and actually put the plan into motion?! You expect me to save the country in seven days?!"

She says "you have people helping you. And we believe in you. Everyone does. We know you can do this."

I sigh and say "when we get to the Super Nova's I want to start working on whatever the next power is, I want to learn at least one a day while formulating a plan."

Simone says "Nova, are you the boss or something?"

I say "why do you think they're called the Super Nova's? Sim, I was literally born for this."

She says "let's take these people down."

We spend the rest of the ride in silence.

£<���

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 180 28
I WROTE THIS 2 YEARS AGO AND MY WRITING STYLE HAS CHANGED A LOT SINCE THEN. THE ONLY REASON I HAVEN'T TAKEN THIS DOWN IS SENTIMENTALITY. ~~~~~~~~~~~~...
3K 244 50
Nova Carlson has been alive for sixteen years. Years of secrets. Years of lies. Years of living in New Pangaea. Ever since its start twenty years ago...
1.7M 47.2K 46
"I set a alarm for a twelve o'clock so I could be the first one tell you happy birthday... happy birthday." I'm seventeen now. I turned the complete...
13.4M 367K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...