Chapter 29

I had my plan ready four days later. And Cecily had still not returned, but I didn't think much of it. The day my plans are finished, I go to Felix carrying three notebooks, nine folders, and a binder. I approach him and say "I'm done with the plan."

He nods and says "we've got a conference going on right now about you, you can go in and tell them everything. I was actually about to go get you, they wanted to know what your plans are."

I nod and say "where is it?"

He leads me to the conference room where we practiced the powers, and I realize it's probably the only one here. He opens the door and says "ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Super Nova. She's got her plan."

One of the people, a man, stands up and says "thank you, Felix."

Felix nods and sits in a seat.

I say "am I supposed to tell you my ideas or just leave the plans here?"

The man says "tell us, please. Explain it to us."

I nod and walks to the center of the front of the room. She puts her notebooks, folders, and binder down on a small table and says "get comfortable, it's not exactly quick."

I spend the next three and a half hours explaining my carefully designed plan. When I'm done, the man (I found out his name is Jamison) stands up and says "excellent plan, Nova. I honestly never expected to say that to a fourteen year old girl, but here I am. I honestly have full belief in your plan and will assist you in any way possible."

I say "just get me as many people as you can who are willing to fight. I need them all ready to leave within the next twenty four hours."

He nods and says "how many people are you thinking?"

I say "as many as you can get. Good day, Jamison." I leave all my notes there for them to copy, and walk out of the room. I go back to my room, sigh in relief, and say "it's almost over."

The door opens a little, and I see Simone's face in the crack. I say "come on in, Sim."

She opens the door and walks in. She says "did you finish it?"

I nod and say "yeah. It's all done. Now I just have to go and make sure it happens. And then we're free. I just can't believe how easy this was."

She says "what happens after we win?"

I say "we form a new society where it's alright to be powerless or multi-powered. A society where everyone is equal, no matter how many powers they have."

She says "and I'm assuming I can't go to fight?"

I shake my head and say "I'm sorry Sim. You've gotta stay here with Finn, Blaire, Ace, Kathryn, Beatrix, Echo, and Tiberius."

She says "you're not bringing any of them with you?"

I say "can't. I can't risk any of them getting hurt."

She sighs and says "okay."

I say "I'm leaving tomorrow but I'm still here today."

She nods and says "are you gonna die?"

I say "not without a fight. Not without making sure that our goal is achieved."

She says "what if you do die?"

I say "then my friends will be your family. Mom and dad, they're not our family anymore. They threatened to send us to the Government because we're different. That's not what you do to your family. If I get killed then my friends will be your family."

She hugs me and says "be careful. Please."

I nod and say "I wouldn't do anything else."

I look at the clock and see that it's already 3:52. Finn, Blaire, and Ace should all be coming back soon.

Ace runs into the room he shares with the others and yells "NOVA!"

I jump up and run out there. I say "what?!"

He says "you need to come. Now. It's an emergency."

I say "what is it? Is someone hurt?"

He says "just come."

I turn back to my room and say "Sim, stay here."

I follow him as he runs out the door. He runs down a few hallways and then stops in one. It had a long window down the side, and the window was shattered.

The area was blocked off by tape and there were people looking around.

I shove to the front of the group and say "what's going on?"

Blaire runs up to me and says "Nova!"

I say "what's going on? Where's Finn?"

A man stands I front of the group and says "everyone just needs to back away and avoid this area while we search the perimeter. For all we know he isn't missing."

I say "who's missing?"

He says "a young man. Brown hair, brown eyes, no lock on a name yet, but there were a few people who thought it was a few different things."

I say "was one of them Finn?"

He looks at a paper and says "they thought it was either Hunter, Colton, or Finn."

I say "what happened?"

He says "who're you? Why should I tell you?"

I say "because I'm the Super Nova and I'm leading you people to victory tomorrow. Now tell me what happened."

He says "well there must've obviously been someone inside who wanted this boy gone. They grabbed him, jumped through the window, and ran off before anyone could catch him. A Chronokinetic named Dashiell."

I say "why aren't there people looking for him?!"

He says "there are and we're doing the best we can under the circumstances but-"

I say "listen to me. You're going to find out their name and report it to me immediately. You got that?"

He nods and says "understood."

I say "I'll be in my room. Come and get me when you lock on a name." I turn away and walk out of the hallway. I wipe tears from my eye as I walk back to my room and start crying.

Simone sits next to me and says "what happened?"

I wipe my eyes and say "someone might've kidnapped Finn. He's nowhere to be found, and Finn was one of the people who might've been taken."

She hugs me and says "I'm sorry."

I say "I have to find him."

She says "send out people to search the perimeter of the building or five miles, if it just happened they can't be far even if they are Chronokinetic. You own these people now. Send out groups to look for him."

I say "they're already working on it."

She sighs and says "hang on, someone's knocking on the door." She gets up and walks out into the room she shares with Finn, Blaire, and Ace.

A moment later the door opens wide. Kathryn, Echo, Beatrix, and Blaire all walk into the room.

Beatrix says "its okay, Nova. It's gonna be okay. They're gonna find him."

Kathryn says "don't cry. They're gonna get him back."

I say "but what if they don't?"

Echo says "they will. Trust me."

I say "how would you react if this was Tiberius? If your boyfriend was stolen and taken to god knows where."

Kathryn says "Nova?"

I look at her and wipe tears from my eyes.

She sighs and says "I told you, Cecily told you. No one's truly safe from the Battle Royale."

Egd4����<>